Double-duty forces Lee to make an unu...

Double-duty forces Lee to make an unusual call - Hawaii Sports

There are 8 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 8, 2009, titled Double-duty forces Lee to make an unusual call - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

This is going to make some of you out there happy. But the only thing Ron Lee cares about is that he thinks it will make the Hawaii offense better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

satch7

Aiea, HI

#1 Sep 8, 2009
When you have high school coaches coaching college and calling high school plays, there will be unfortunate setbacks. Ron Lee's excuses that he needs to work more with the receivers are very lame yet, it makes one appreciate JJ even more cause not only his play calling was excellent but he could and would make adjustments during the game and yet, he is the head coach and offensive coordinator.
All of this is a pretext that Ron Lee is incompetent as an offensive coordinator just as last year's offensive line and special teams coachers were just horrible. Nothing more and nothing less.
Disgusted

Kapolei, HI

#2 Sep 8, 2009
How much sense does it make to take a former college center, who coached last year's offensive line that allowed the most sacks in Div I, and make him a running backs coach, and let the the receivers coach go?
football

Honolulu, HI

#3 Sep 8, 2009
O-Line is the problem not the play calling.
J-Dog

Honolulu, HI

#4 Sep 8, 2009
Stutzmann got shafted. Smith should have been let go or demoted to Grad Asst, and Stutz should have been offered a full-time position. Big mistake.
afan

Honolulu, HI

#5 Sep 8, 2009
All those coaches on defense and we could not stop a Div 2 opponent from moving the ball. Not only do we need help on offense but our defense has struggled for years now especially in the secondary. The CB and safties play just as soft as the play calling on the offense. WSU is going to put us in a world of hurt if we don't correct these things and they (WSU) suck.

Since: Feb 09

Honolulu, HI

#6 Sep 8, 2009
you have to remember that our defense is pretty green

they made the key stops when we really needed it

i still think they should've called that a TD when Paredes (sp?) hit the UCA QB and Torres recovered the ball and ran it in to the endzone...

i think the D will be ok. remember, Defense is what Coach Mack is known for.

our offense is what we need to get on par. hopefully, with this new adjustment, the O will be a lot more efficient.

no more calling running plays 2 plays in a row please!!
kaipo

Honolulu, HI

#7 Sep 8, 2009
Wow! Where's the love? Are we all on the same side? We want the team to improve, right? We want to make changes that give us the best chance to do that. But, beneath all that, these guys are doing the best they can for us. From coaches to players and everybody else, they give it up for US! This isn't a hate fest. Sure, we can all gripe and express our opinions (and I certainly do my part) but don't you think the coaches and players want the same thing? We all need to get a grip on the big picture, we all want to be the best team in the WAC, every year and go to bowl games every year. The only way that can happen is for all of us to work together and support our team. Period!

Go Warriors!
Closecall

Honolulu, HI

#8 Sep 8, 2009
BAILOUT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaii Republican resigns from party after crit... 9 min Steven Bannon 4
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 14 min Steven Bannon 1,332
Build Them and Chase the Joe Balls type crude ... 1 hr Waikiki shyit water 14
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 1 hr manong 513
Trump doesn't sleep with his wife EVER___He Mus... 1 hr Botoman 4 20
Only Pvssys Want A Hawaiian Boycott____It ain't... 14 hr District 1 6
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 19 hr Princess Hey 4,151

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance