Kindle's latest iteration moves us cl...

Kindle's latest iteration moves us closer to 'e-ink' - Features

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 10, 2009, titled Kindle's latest iteration moves us closer to 'e-ink' - Features. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Sometimes small, even arbitrary, changes can make all the difference. Put wheels on a box -- you've got a wagon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

“Too small to notice”

Since: Jun 08

Kahuku , Ka'U

#1 May 10, 2009
My worst vice is reading. Should be doing chores , but got my nose stuck in a book. In this case a Sony reader I bought when they first came out.One consequence of not having to go out and physically get books is that I am getting pretty fat. Still have to stir my stumps to go get food and beer.
Localguy

Aiea, HI

#2 May 10, 2009
I got my Kindle two weeks ago. Since I'm a heavy reader, the Kindle is great because I can download a book in 30 seconds; don't have to carry books when I travel; and save a few bucks on some books which cost less. BTW, I'm in the over-50 group, for what that's worth.
Question

Honolulu, HI

#3 May 10, 2009
Localguy wrote:
I got my Kindle two weeks ago. Since I'm a heavy reader, the Kindle is great because I can download a book in 30 seconds; don't have to carry books when I travel; and save a few bucks on some books which cost less. BTW, I'm in the over-50 group, for what that's worth.
How is the text-to-speech function? If it's pretty good, I would be inclined to get the Kindle so that I can listen to books on my commute,
Ron Mertens

Ramat Gan, Israel

#4 May 10, 2009
It is actually called E Ink and not E-Ink (no dash):

http://www.e-ink-info.com/whats-name

Ron
Velvet

Hialeah, FL

#5 May 11, 2009
Good article but how do the writers, newspapers and others who contribute the written words, get paid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 37 min District 1 3,763
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 39 min District 1 109
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 42 min District 1 146
Commenting on BLM ist Verbotten durch das Topix 46 min District 1 33
Not My PRESIDENT 2 hr Flock of Mynahs 62
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 4 hr Leeward Outlier 379
The OFFICIAL countdown to Obama's LAST day thread! 14 hr District 1 18

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance