Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 20 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#64592 Dec 30, 2014
Guru wrote:
hey JB...a bunch of Judges are looking at obama's eligibility right now....lawsuit that has gone on for some time is about to hit the fan.
Good to hear, but I don't follow Obamanews because they never actually do anything to him because he'll pull the race card every time. I gave up on any law enforcement years ago. The FBI, SS and even the police are a bunch of dishonorable losers as far as I'm concerned.
Jack

Glendale, AZ

#64593 Dec 30, 2014
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> It's her writing style.
Yes nobody stalks President Obama's Family from a Nazi Car like lolo skanky.
leeward lolo

Waianae, HI

#64594 Dec 30, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
lolo is that you? rain here and an earthquake today...
Yep it's me. Saw that it was raining in OC beaches. Very windy here and some heavy rain but no quake. Just falling coconuts and higher taxes.
Still in escrow on my lease to fee purchase, 2 and a half years. May be that it is very close to Ritz Carlton and property values have gone up but I have a contract to purchase. Hate to do it but am thinking about lawyering up. What do you think?
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64595 Dec 30, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep it's me. Saw that it was raining in OC beaches. Very windy here and some heavy rain but no quake. Just falling coconuts and higher taxes.
Still in escrow on my lease to fee purchase, 2 and a half years. May be that it is very close to Ritz Carlton and property values have gone up but I have a contract to purchase. Hate to do it but am thinking about lawyering up. What do you think?
welcome back!...yes windy here too....must be the pineapple express! Yes, if they won't close, nail them asap! Don't ever give in to them if they are messing it up on purpose. I have had the same experience, then nailed the the guy who now is in an official position in Hawaii on it. He backed down immediately, was a lawyer himself, and is not a good guy. My other investors had it happen too, they all won, but it took being serious about it, and letting them know you will litigate.

What is it that they are doing to keep it from closing?

That schmuck I felt with in Hawaii would not let us close either because the prices were rising fast, and then he tried to blame it on us when he wouldn't let my guys in for the inspections. Told my Realtor that if he doesn't close we will sue him immediately. He backed down and kept his mouth shut and signed off on it. He knew the score, and so did we.

If it is by the Ritz there close it out NOW! I was there a few months ago and saw it....that will be a huge development for Kuhio and the International Marketplace. Yes get a lawyer, and if he balks, fire him and get another.
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64596 Dec 30, 2014
lol....Delt with, not felt with...haha
Joe Balls

Glendale, AZ

#64597 Dec 30, 2014
What did one idiot say to the other idiot?

Answer; Read the three posts before me!!!!

Nobody needs to brag in public about finances like you two.

Real deals are discussed in private not on the low brow Topix forum but you two a-holes need hot air injected into your ego, daily.

I am going to post using the third stooges unregistered handle, because he will be posting to lather your holes with unbridled praise....soon.
Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#64598 Dec 31, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>

In a word, Cash! I had a guy try that with me, wanted an extra 60K at the last minute so didn't even show up for the closing. They rescheduled, which I didn't really want to do because we already had him by the nuts, and he showed the second time, and showed his asz again. This time he was read the riot act and his wife ended up signing the papers. He left madder than a wet hen. Later we found out that it was his wife's property anyways and he had no say in it to begin with. They had no business even letting him sit in the room, never mind taking shyt and screwing up the proceedings.. Everybody involved had assumed it was his property to sell, without checking the paperwork thoroughly, but one young girl caught the error at the last minute, and said ,"Wait a minute, who are you?" At the end, my guy refunded me 6K to just let it go and not sue his dumb-ass, plus returned 7K of the closing costs. That was my very first property buy and man, was it exciting. My neck was sore just from watching the the arguing back and forth, like a tennis match.
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64599 Dec 31, 2014
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64600 Dec 31, 2014
Jack

Glendale, AZ

#64601 Dec 31, 2014
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> In a word, Cash! I had a guy try that with me, wanted an extra 60K at the last minute so didn't even show up for the closing. They rescheduled, which I didn't really want to do because we already had him by the nuts, and he showed the second time, and showed his asz again. This time he was read the riot act and his wife ended up signing the papers. He left madder than a wet hen. Later we found out that it was his wife's property anyways and he had no say in it to begin with. They had no business even letting him sit in the room, never mind taking shyt and screwing up the proceedings.. Everybody involved had assumed it was his property to sell, without checking the paperwork thoroughly, but one young girl caught the error at the last minute, and said ,"Wait a minute, who are you?" At the end, my guy refunded me 6K to just let it go and not sue his dumb-ass, plus returned 7K of the closing costs. That was my very first property buy and man, was it exciting. My neck was sore just from watching the the arguing back and forth, like a tennis match.
Here is the third stooges lament which we hear over and over.

I am smarter than everybody i deal with.

They are the dummies. I always win in all my stories. Ha ha the constant saga of JB.
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64602 Dec 31, 2014
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> In a word, Cash! I had a guy try that with me, wanted an extra 60K at the last minute so didn't even show up for the closing. They rescheduled, which I didn't really want to do because we already had him by the nuts, and he showed the second time, and showed his asz again. This time he was read the riot act and his wife ended up signing the papers. He left madder than a wet hen. Later we found out that it was his wife's property anyways and he had no say in it to begin with. They had no business even letting him sit in the room, never mind taking shyt and screwing up the proceedings.. Everybody involved had assumed it was his property to sell, without checking the paperwork thoroughly, but one young girl caught the error at the last minute, and said ,"Wait a minute, who are you?" At the end, my guy refunded me 6K to just let it go and not sue his dumb-ass, plus returned 7K of the closing costs. That was my very first property buy and man, was it exciting. My neck was sore just from watching the the arguing back and forth, like a tennis match.
lol...that is classic! Yeah, Hawaii is all about who you know. That is why contracts matter. Get it in writing, then have all your ducks lined up. Then sue the hell out of them if they mess around. That is how you crack that shut. Most will never go past the theta of a lawsuit, just make sure you have it in writing. I have had to do that twice in Hawaii...each time they backed off in a flat second. The Hawaii state 'official' was a lawyer himself...a all known one. He thought he could run the show and f'd with us on the inspections. One word:'tell him I will sue if he doesn't let us inspect." That ended that without a whimper from this hog. He is now well known in your neck of the woods.

Another time the Realtor wanted to screw around and not present the offer. Wanted to shop it around. That was a mistake. Went around them and to the owner directly. The offer was accepted on the spot. lolo should check her contract. Whatever is holding it up, if not her as I am sure she has everything as she lives in it somehow....just tell them one time to close immediately or her attorney will sue for damages. That will nail it right there. The other party is trying to mess with her so she will give up. If they had a case they would have pulled the deal which they aren't. They are refusing to sign off I would suspect. If title os OK, you just tell them to perform or they will be in court and will pay all court costs, damages.
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64603 Dec 31, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the third stooges lament which we hear over and over.
I am smarter than everybody i deal with.
They are the dummies. I always win in all my stories. Ha ha the constant saga of JB.
hey buddy do the world a favor and get the FK outta here. Nobody in here likes you or gives a shitwhat you think. Now go FK yourself.
Jack

Glendale, AZ

#64604 Dec 31, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
hey buddy do the world a favor and get the FK outta here. Nobody in here likes you or gives a shitwhat you think. Now go FK yourself.
Get out all those tears......so you can make room for all your 2015 crying.
Police Dept

Santa Ana, CA

#64605 Dec 31, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out all those tears......so you can make room for all your 2015 crying.
hey happy new year to you and you mom. she is in the police station here for being a back-door tranny.
Police Dept

Santa Ana, CA

#64606 Dec 31, 2014
Mr wojar. Please come in today for your weekly HIV test.
leeward lolo

Waianae, HI

#64607 Dec 31, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
welcome back!...yes windy here too....must be the pineapple express! Yes, if they won't close, nail them asap! Don't ever give in to them if they are messing it up on purpose. I have had the same experience, then nailed the the guy who now is in an official position in Hawaii on it. He backed down immediately, was a lawyer himself, and is not a good guy. My other investors had it happen too, they all won, but it took being serious about it, and letting them know you will litigate.
That schmuck I felt with in Hawaii would not let us close either because the prices were rising fast, and then he tried to blame it on us when he wouldn't let my guys in for the inspections. Told my Realtor that if he doesn't close we will sue him immediately. He backed down and kept his mouth shut and signed off on it. He knew the score, and so did we.
If it is by the Ritz there close it out NOW! I was there a few months ago and saw it....that will be a huge development for Kuhio and the International Marketplace. Yes get a lawyer, and if he balks, fire him and get another.
Delay and excuses, a family sale and allegedly one person will not sign. The real estate co. which handles lease to fee assigned to me a realtor who is worthless, just tells me to call somebody else. I expected a clean deal, no loans or mortgages on my side.

Was supposed to close for sure a year ago but seller always backs down. I stopped paying lease fee then as we were to have taken care of that during closing. So I am getting threatening notes from Hawaii 1st which is the most incompetent place I have ever dealt with (mgmt. co.).

I would never again deal with a sale with more than one owner or managed by HAWAII FIRST whose workers are in Arizona. Savio held a meeting telling what a wonderful deal it was and once we were in escrow fees would stay the same until closing.

Most re deals never close when lawyers are brought in so I have hesitated on this one.
Joe Balls

Glendale, AZ

#64608 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Delay and excuses, a family sale and allegedly one person will not sign. The real estate co. which handles lease to fee assigned to me a realtor who is worthless, just tells me to call somebody else. I expected a clean deal, no loans or mortgages on my side.
Was supposed to close for sure a year ago but seller always backs down. I stopped paying lease fee then as we were to have taken care of that during closing. So I am getting threatening notes from Hawaii 1st which is the most incompetent place I have ever dealt with (mgmt. co.).
I would never again deal with a sale with more than one owner or managed by HAWAII FIRST whose workers are in Arizona. Savio held a meeting telling what a wonderful deal it was and once we were in escrow fees would stay the same until closing.
Most re deals never close when lawyers are brought in so I have hesitated on this one.
You keep singing JB's song...
...you're smarter than the professionals....you are always right..
..........everyone else is incompetent but you have earned those "threatening letters",

And you have earned all the stress from this transaction and negative comments on this forum.

One would figure that after all these years you would understand how to construct a contact and follow the steps needed to finalize it. Thats guru karma!!
leeward lolo

Waianae, HI

#64609 Dec 31, 2014
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep singing JB's song...
...you're smarter than the professionals....you are always right..
..........everyone else is incompetent but you have earned those "threatening letters",
And you have earned all the stress from this transaction and negative comments on this forum.
One would figure that after all these years you would understand how to construct a contact and follow the steps needed to finalize it. Thats guru karma!!
I was replying to GURU not some dummy who thinks buyers construct contracts.....what you think escrow is for. Did I mention I have been waiting to close but seller backed out?

Tonight I will have a place plus parking half a block from where the fun will be taking place. Whats your plan? Shoot firecrackers in s residential area?

If obama curse is lifted and storms go away. But prepare for island-wide power outage, that is normal.
Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#64610 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Was supposed to close for sure a year ago but seller always backs down.
My understanding of the rules is that once a deal is made the seller cannot back out without a severe penalty. I guess I'm wrong.
Guru

Santa Ana, CA

#64611 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
VERY heavy rain in Kaneohe, Kaneohe as curse continues..........
very windy here lolo...

wind herhttp://www.dailybreeze.com/ general-news/20141231/video-wh irlwind-tosses-canopy-at-rose- bowl-4-minor-injuries-reported e lolo....

Rose Bowl video....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire burns homeless camp under Nimitz Highway 30 min Fear ISIS 3
Hawaii: NOT Paradise 1 hr Joe Balls 12
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 2 hr Burp 251
Stupid people 6 hr Fear ISIS 32
News Chuukese man gets life term for murder - Hawaii... (Jul '09) 10 hr CHUUK NATION 215
Relocating -Questions about Work & Housing 23 hr Joe Balls 66
Michael Brown a Thug Like Trayvon (Aug '14) Mon Guru 259
More from around the web

Honolulu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]