Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62106 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64630 Jan 2, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
I been watching HAWAII LIFE and BUILDING HAWAII....a new show from Kona. Interesting shows. They keep this up your population will double in 5 years. That is the plan for the train to work: more taxes. It took 3 hours to get out of Lanikai the other day and go 1 mile to Kailua Road.
I read in the paper a few months ago that the politicians want 9 Million more people on the islands, mostly Asian immigrants. They said that with all the "progress" they have planned, that that's what it will take to fund the "improvements." That's eight times the population we have now. That's why the developers are going vertical , so they can warehouse all the sheep. As I've said all along if you want to see Hawaii's future, just look at Hong Kong.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64631 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I read in the paper a few months ago that the politicians want 9 Million more people on the islands, mostly Asian immigrants. They said that with all the "progress" they have planned, that that's what it will take to fund the "improvements." That's eight times the population we have now. That's why the developers are going vertical , so they can warehouse all the sheep. As I've said all along if you want to see Hawaii's future, just look at Hong Kong.
And you held back on this incredible news story for months?
What a silent creeper you are! Going vertical!!!!!! Who da thunk!!!!!!
You may be employable, after All. We soooooo lucky....
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64632 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep singing JB's song...
...you're smarter than the professionals....you are always right..
..........everyone else is incompetent but you have earned those "threatening letters",
And you have earned all the stress from this transaction and negative comments on this forum.
One would figure that after all these years you would understand how to construct a contact and follow the steps needed to finalize it. Thats guru karma!!
hey dummy go play in your sand box. you got no say in anything.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64633 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> My understanding of the rules is that once a deal is made the seller cannot back out without a severe penalty. I guess I'm wrong.
No you are right. But the penalty is whatever the judges orders the guy to pay. he can't back out. Just file a lis pendens. he is effectively sued. Show the contract, get title, and damages. Pretty easy, and the coward will not fight it, and it will never see a court because he will be afraid to go. Very typical for morons. He can't sell the property until the suit is dropped or he sign off. But you have to file it and record it. No big deal, easy to do.

A friend of mine was a dealer in real estate. He ended up not buying property, just the paper that secured the loans he was so sharp. He would make money just trading the paper.

He had a son, who had a paper route. The owner of a customer refused to pay him for delivering the paper for two months...so he took him to court for $9 after calling him and asking him to pay it. The guy got real nasty and wouldn't so he took him to small claims court.

The court gave him a judgement for the $9, so my friend went right down and had it recorded against the property, which the guy was going to sell. When he got to closing, the judgement was still on title, so they couldn't close. They kept trying to close, and my friend kept hiding from him whenever they tried to contact him just to screw with him like he did his son. After about two months he finally took the $9 from him so he could close. But it taught that moron a good lesson.

lolo just needs to bark a little, and it will close asap.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64634 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I read in the paper a few months ago that the politicians want 9 Million more people on the islands, mostly Asian immigrants. They said that with all the "progress" they have planned, that that's what it will take to fund the "improvements." That's eight times the population we have now. That's why the developers are going vertical , so they can warehouse all the sheep. As I've said all along if you want to see Hawaii's future, just look at Hong Kong.
...this is what Hawaii condos will look like in a few years ...Hong Kong
http://medias.lemonde.fr/mmpub/edt/ill/2009/0...
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64635 Jan 2, 2015
HARRY REID BREAKS HIS FACE!

"Harry Reid Breaks 'Number of Ribs and Bones in His Face' While Exercising
10:06 AM, JAN 2, 2015 • BY DANIEL HALPER
Share on email Send to Kindle
Single PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts
Harry Reid had an accident while exercising, the Senate Democratic leader's office tells reporters.

Here's the full statement:

“On Thursday, Senator Reid received treatment at University Medical Center in Las Vegas for injuries sustained in an accident he suffered while exercising at home in Henderson.

“A piece of equipment Senator Reid was using to exercise broke, causing him to fall and break a number of ribs and bones in his face.

“Senator Reid will return to Washington this weekend and be in the office Tuesday as the Senate prepares to reconvene. His doctors expect a full recovery.

“Senator Reid was first brought to St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Henderson by his security detail. He was then transferred to UMC for further testing, where he was admitted overnight as a precaution.”

-MERRY CHRISTMAS HARRY! from the American people!
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64636 Jan 2, 2015
I'LL BET HE GOT HIS ASS KICKED BY SOME BLACK GUY!

...nobody breaks all of these bones by "exercising"!!!

....cover story, nothing else.

LMAO!!!
leeward lolo

Pearl City, HI

#64637 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
These politicians/housing experts go on and on about how we must provide housing for everyone who wants to come here.

But yet the plan is a year and a half to add one lane for about a mile on Farrington.
Still third world country-kind here. Remember when a piece of fwy fell in Ca. a few years ago and was rebuilt in less than a month?

I have people interested in two of my places and am seriously considering getting out. I like places to go not being stuck within a mile radius or deal with hours in the car in traffic.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64638 Jan 2, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are right. But the penalty is whatever the judges orders the guy to pay. he can't back out. Just file a lis pendens. he is effectively sued. Show the contract, get title, and damages. Pretty easy, and the coward will not fight it, and it will never see a court because he will be afraid to go. Very typical for morons. He can't sell the property until the suit is dropped or he sign off. But you have to file it and record it. No big deal, easy to do.
A friend of mine was a dealer in real estate. He ended up not buying property, just the paper that secured the loans he was so sharp. He would make money just trading the paper.
He had a son, who had a paper route. The owner of a customer refused to pay him for delivering the paper for two months...so he took him to court for $9 after calling him and asking him to pay it. The guy got real nasty and wouldn't so he took him to small claims court.
The court gave him a judgement for the $9, so my friend went right down and had it recorded against the property, which the guy was going to sell. When he got to closing, the judgement was still on title, so they couldn't close. They kept trying to close, and my friend kept hiding from him whenever they tried to contact him just to screw with him like he did his son. After about two months he finally took the $9 from him so he could close. But it taught that moron a good lesson.
All this information is deemed unreliable.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64639 Jan 2, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard stories like this. I would do it in a minute just to mess with an asshole. One guy in ewa Beach has been doing this over a property for the 40+ years that I've known him. The house still sits vacant, and he won't sign for it to be sold. His ex-wife isn't very happy about it because she's never gotten a dime out of him in all these years.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64640 Jan 2, 2015
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
These politicians/housing experts go on and on about how we must provide housing for everyone who wants to come here.
But yet the plan is a year and a half to add one lane for about a mile on Farrington.
Still third world country-kind here. Remember when a piece of fwy fell in Ca. a few years ago and was rebuilt in less than a month?
I have people interested in two of my places and am seriously considering getting out. I like places to go not being stuck within a mile radius or deal with hours in the car in traffic.
really? where to take them? 1031 exchange?-tax free

come on over to the windward side lolo. lots to do, everything is there....lots of homes, etc to be had, cooler, etc. also, 5 ways in and out, less traffic.

if they do that to Farrington that will be a major mistake for everyone. These politicians are just plain nuts. They will ruin Hawaii forever if it is constant gridlock. People cannot even make their plane flights out. They are doing this for one reason: they know that train needs more taxes to survive. Once the taxes get too high people leave and they don't come back. That will leave the debt on the books with no one to cover it. Hawaii is going to Aloha itself to death if they don't watch it. If the military leaves as obama wants the economy there will tank asap.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64641 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I've heard stories like this. I would do it in a minute just to mess with an asshole. One guy in ewa Beach has been doing this over a property for the 40+ years that I've known him. The house still sits vacant, and he won't sign for it to be sold. His ex-wife isn't very happy about it because she's never gotten a dime out of him in all these years.
I can see that there...they don't understand certain things if they are stuck in the past. You need a court order transfer to get it, pretty simple for lolo here....if she wants to. She will never need to go to court though as they will sign off once they know she is going further. They just want to get it back and re-sell it again. Twice or more that has happened to me, twice they closed asap when you mention court. The players know the law, they are just hoping for you to not know it.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64643 Jan 3, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
hey queerbait, can you explain this (since you outta know!)...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3Y6XW7hgfq8XX
All kidding aside, Michelle is really a woman. Her high school pictures and all, the kids, etc. Fun to mnake fun of her though .
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64646 Jan 3, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>

she has a d!ck.
You would know "trout lover'.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64647 Jan 3, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
she has a d!ck.
LOL, I don't really think it does, but it would be a HOOT if we could find out for sure.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64648 Jan 3, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64649 Jan 3, 2015
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
The information isn't meant for you, so what do you care?
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64650 Jan 3, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> The information isn't meant for you, so what do you care?
You are! just,....that stupid.

Since: Sep 13

Ewa Beach, HI

#64657 Jan 4, 2015
You're dreaming again Latte sipping Laker girl.

Boehner ain't going nowhere. Just like the BS from worldphuccksticksdaily...It ain't going nowhere!!
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64659 Jan 5, 2015
Guru wrote:
ANIMAL KINGDOM
PALIN:'AT LEAST TRIG DIDN'T EAT THE DOG'
Sarah refers to Obama's admission he ate canine
Published: 13 hours ago

Palin: American woman that is self-reliant and is a Patriot.
obama: gay pResident usurper married to a tranny.
To avoid cognitive dissonance, Guru believes giant falsehoods, and then believes whatever he wants to believe rather than the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 3 hr We ALL love Prez ... 2,088
Homeless in HI (recent NEWSHOUR segment) 3 hr We ALL love Prez ... 10
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 4 hr Cuz 563
News Schnitzer Steel Hawaii halts buying scrap metal... (Oct '08) 4 hr Joe Balls 23
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 509
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 7 hr _Zoey_ 584
Why do Filipinos consider themselves as Pacific... (Oct '08) 12 hr moya 528

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages