Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62104 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64613 Dec 31, 2014
yeah lolo...this is common. I see the situation now. Savio. Big company. Go see a lawyer asap. This is a common occurrence on some deals, one refuses to sign. You have them, sounds like an all cash deal that you made. I would call the other place they said to as well,and give that number to the lawyer. He will shake them up with one phone call. If you still don't want the deal I might take it and deal with it if you want to dump it.

You are here:Savio Home / Our Projects / Past Projects
Past Projects
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64614 Dec 31, 2014
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> My understanding of the rules is that once a deal is made the seller cannot back out without a severe penalty. I guess I'm wrong.
She has them over a barrel Joe. It is just a matter of a phone call it sounds to me. I wouldn't let them do this. lolo did it right, paid all cash, it is they that are in breach of contract. Savio will not even fight it. No big deal, just have a lawyer call them and maybe a letter. It will never see court and will only cost a few bucks for that.
This is common. Happens all the time.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64615 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was replying to GURU not some dummy who thinks buyers construct contracts.....what you think escrow is for. Did I mention I have been waiting to close but seller backed out?
Tonight I will have a place plus parking half a block from where the fun will be taking place. Whats your plan? Shoot firecrackers in s residential area?
If obama curse is lifted and storms go away. But prepare for island-wide power outage, that is normal.
lolo....call them at the place and tell them you are having a lawyer get involved. Then go see one. I will bet you a dinner at Roy's that in a few days they are back on the phone saying the problem is solved, but you had better pay the fees to show them that you are serious. Don't back down, they have zero in this deal and are bluffing to see if you will go away, then they will re-sell it at 3x what you paid. You got a great deal. They were ready to sign off, then changed THEIR mind. That is a common occurrence and they just need to be shaken a little like I said. If you let it go you will regret it forever so don't.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64616 Dec 31, 2014
It's so nice to be able to read about real estate on the real estate thread again. Welcome back, Lolo. This thread will never die !
leeward lolo

Pearl City, HI

#64617 Dec 31, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
lolo....call them at the place and tell them you are having a lawyer get involved. Then go see one. I will bet you a dinner at Roy's that in a few days they are back on the phone saying the problem is solved, but you had better pay the fees to show them that you are serious. Don't back down, they have zero in this deal and are bluffing to see if you will go away, then they will re-sell it at 3x what you paid. You got a great deal. They were ready to sign off, then changed THEIR mind. That is a common occurrence and they just need to be shaken a little like I said. If you let it go you will regret it forever so don't.
I have made a few phone calls and found out a unit was sold about six months ago and part of the deal was that the fee be available. She hired atty and owners are ready to close once they agree on the monthly lease amount she has not paid. Hiring this atty would be a big advantage and save having to explain this mess all over.
Two other guys was to go in with me on this but I will call for myself soon.
I have no problem paying the lease but this woman says that she would not have paid it if had closed when it should have.

Hawaii 1st suddenly showed up here and somehow got a lot of condo mgmt. contracts away from older mgmt. companies. They are so bad that real estate agent rental people will not work with them on behalf of owners. One guy there told me that a cancelled check was not proof of payment, another said that no payments ever should go to Arizona where we have senrt them for years. Hawaii 1st but save money by not hiring workers here.

Thanks for your attention and have a happy NEW YEAR.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64618 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made a few phone calls and found out a unit was sold about six months ago and part of the deal was that the fee be available. She hired atty and owners are ready to close once they agree on the monthly lease amount she has not paid. Hiring this atty would be a big advantage and save having to explain this mess all over.
Two other guys was to go in with me on this but I will call for myself soon.
I have no problem paying the lease but this woman says that she would not have paid it if had closed when it should have.
Hawaii 1st suddenly showed up here and somehow got a lot of condo mgmt. contracts away from older mgmt. companies. They are so bad that real estate agent rental people will not work with them on behalf of owners. One guy there told me that a cancelled check was not proof of payment, another said that no payments ever should go to Arizona where we have senrt them for years. Hawaii 1st but save money by not hiring workers here.
Thanks for your attention and have a happy NEW YEAR.
OK, lolo, you are doing it right. Good luck and never give up! Sounds like that attorney is exactly who you want. It also sounds like the management company is only out for itself as you said. They want as many units under their control as possible. Can't wait for the Ritz to get done! HAWAII is getting crowded by it is on the next phase up!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Joe Balls

Phoenix, AZ

#64619 Dec 31, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
She has them over a barrel Joe. It is just a matter of a phone call it sounds to me. I wouldn't let them do this. lolo did it right, paid all cash, it is they that are in breach of contract. Savio will not even fight it. No big deal, just have a lawyer call them and maybe a letter. It will never see court and will only cost a few bucks for that.
This is common. Happens all the time.
Ha ha.

A very polite way of saying you are a dumbass lolo because

you have been stressing and fretting for years over something

that one phone,

and a few bucks will solve.

Keep showing us how stupid people with all cash are.
Guru

Phoenix, AZ

#64620 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was replying to GURU not some dummy who thinks buyers construct contracts.....what you think escrow is for. Did I mention I have been waiting to close but seller backed out?
Tonight I will have a place plus parking half a block from where the fun will be taking place. Whats your plan? Shoot firecrackers in s residential area?
If obama curse is lifted and storms go away. But prepare for island-wide power outage, that is normal.
Think of me as Your GURU because it will be less painful when i tell you that you are very stupid that you let smarter people tie up your all cash offer.

I have a say in ALL contracts that involve MY money. I construct a contract that if they back out or don't "perform" it costs them and it pays for my time.
//////////
Since this isn't THE REAL WORLD the LA GURU will never agree with anything i say and i love it.
##########

I will give lolo the SWANKY ALL CASH MAMA kudos that on this post she didn't tell me where i am and what i'm doing, like YOUR Guru usually does,
but you did try to talk down to me. It just never works!

There is no Obama curse! Lolo ( means CRAZY ), is the one with the DARK CLOUD following her deals and "raining" on her parade.

( The All Caps words were inspired by the Joe Balls from Waianae.)

Hot Tip: Lolo find yourself a GENIUS & kick the LA Guru back to the curb.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64621 Dec 31, 2014
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Delay and excuses, a family sale and allegedly one person will not sign. The real estate co. which handles lease to fee assigned to me a realtor who is worthless, just tells me to call somebody else. I expected a clean deal, no loans or mortgages on my side.
Was supposed to close for sure a year ago but seller always backs down. I stopped paying lease fee then as we were to have taken care of that during closing. So I am getting threatening notes from Hawaii 1st which is the most incompetent place I have ever dealt with (mgmt. co.).
I would never again deal with a sale with more than one owner or managed by HAWAII FIRST whose workers are in Arizona. Savio held a meeting telling what a wonderful deal it was and once we were in escrow fees would stay the same until closing.
Most re deals never close when lawyers are brought in so I have hesitated on this one.
Can't help myself seeing more and more stupid rookie mistakes.

Never expect a clean deal......protect yourself you ninny.

I have had trustee's sales where one person acted like and told me he was going to "perform" but i prepared incase he didn't. And he didn't.
Before a specific deadline was upon us i told every person in the family trust that i am going to buy this property with or without the executor signinign off on something.

They wanted my deal to expire so they could put it back on the market for much more money.

Have i made stupid mistakes like you are still making at your advanced age........hell no.
I made them as a rookie.

The best part of this Topix forum is you are so full of yourself and your Guru that you will never post a positive reply to me or agree with anything i post. I LUV It. I lUv It. Oh HoW i LUv It.

Find a Genius and Kick Your Guru back to the curb.
You would be better off with the Scheming Joe balls from Waianae.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64622 Dec 31, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you have money in the deal right?DAH!!!! ALL CASH OFFER You have to go through with this if you want the deal. DAH!!!!NO KIDDING EINSTEIN Get a lawyer to write them a nice letter. But tryTRY REALLY JUST TRY!!!! to get a real estate lawyer or at least AT LEAST EXPERIENCED an experienced lawyer. They will check the chain of title and the ownership, also let them see the title report if you have it.SHOW THE ATTORNEY EVERYTHING NIMROD!!!! This should be an easy fix if the sale was signed off by you and the owner.NO SHIT SHERLOCK You should pay the fees but get to the lawyer asap. The area is ripe for a massive increase in every way so I would not let it go for an idiot. This stuff is due to ignorance. LOLO'S IGNORANCE SAY IT!!!! See if the party that will bot sign signed anything else. If they have you are in. Sounds like a husband/wife thing to me.ASSUME ONLY DUMB ROOKIE'S ASSUME The lawyer will handle the RE company as well as they are liable.

Is Hawaii 1st the bank (1st Hawaiian)? Who is Savio...rings a bell YOUR BELL HAVE BEEN RUNG, OVER AND OVER somewhere but can't place him.
No don't let it go lolo. SHE IS TRYING TOO.

A contract is a contract.ARE YOU REALLY SURE ABOUT THAT ONE GUGU??? It sounds like they wanted to sell, offered it, and are now balking.YOU CATCH ON SO FAST. You have them big time SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO REREAD THE LOLO POSTS. in my opinion without seeing the deal, etc. Call a lawyer asap. Look for a real estate lawyer if you can. FIND A REAL ESTATE LAWYER WHAT A CONCEPT!!! Most of this kind of stuff is handled with a phone call once you get their attention. DAH!!! YOU WOULD THINK. A layer will do that.GURU'S SUGGESTIONS ARE JUST IDIOTIC. If you want the property fight for it.
Let me know what happens...good luck.ROOD RUCK. HO HO HO.. I remember what you said about it, it sounds really nice and the location is excellent. I want a unit there too! I'LL HAVE SAVIO GIVE YOU A CALL. Ha ha
EVERYTHING IN THE ABOVE POST IN All Caps ARE MINE.
Much thanks for the laughs from my unreal dumb forum buddies. YOU BOTH ARE WACKOS BY THE WATER.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64623 Dec 31, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out all those tears......so you can make room for all your 2015 crying.
Hey Jack, I can do better than that. We are all starting a new year in 2015in a few minutes. You wanna let bygones be bygones and start a new year off right? Whatever happens in 2015 is beyond anyone in here's control. Maybe it goes this way or that way. Who knows?? So that is my offer to you. If you want it.

Happy New Year Jack!
leeward lolo

Pearl City, HI

#64624 Jan 1, 2015
Guru wrote:
lol...the 2nd judge is a week has ruled that obama is ruling by secrecy and that it is against the Constitution. They are democrats.
ROTFLMAO!!!
time to Impeach this commie!
55 weather alerts for Hawaii.
Anybody still believe that a curse does not follow the anointed ones?
Nasty weather and illnesses since the arrival.
Think the circus will get the hint and leave?
Military couple had to move their long-planned wedding because roachboy wished to golf.
$4 million could get it to Dubai where it is warm and at least the ringmaster may fit in.
Some talk about his dear friend arrested for soliciting hookers but record was wiped clean, has this guy been cruising town again?
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64625 Jan 1, 2015
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
55 weather alerts for Hawaii.
Anybody still believe that a curse does not follow the anointed ones?
Nasty weather and illnesses since the arrival.
Think the circus will get the hint and leave?
Military couple had to move their long-planned wedding because roachboy wished to golf.
$4 million could get it to Dubai where it is warm and at least the ringmaster may fit in.
Some talk about his dear friend arrested for soliciting hookers but record was wiped clean, has this guy been cruising town again?
Say Something Once!......Why Say It Again ?
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64626 Jan 2, 2015
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>

$4 million could get it to Dubai where it is warm and at least the ringmaster may fit in.
Or he could save us taxpayers money and return to Nairobi. Cost with tip, about 11 dollars.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64627 Jan 2, 2015
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
55 weather alerts for Hawaii.
Anybody still believe that a curse does not follow the anointed ones?
Nasty weather and illnesses since the arrival.
Think the circus will get the hint and leave?
Military couple had to move their long-planned wedding because roachboy wished to golf.
$4 million could get it to Dubai where it is warm and at least the ringmaster may fit in.
Some talk about his dear friend arrested for soliciting hookers but record was wiped clean, has this guy been cruising town again?
I been watching HAWAII LIFE and BUILDING HAWAII....a new show from Kona. Interesting shows. They keep this up your population will double in 5 years. That is the plan for the train to work: more taxes. It took 3 hours to get out of Lanikai the other day and go 1 mile to Kailua Road.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64628 Jan 2, 2015
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>

Some talk about his dear friend arrested for soliciting hookers but record was wiped clean, has this guy been cruising town again?
lol....where ever the trannys hang out is where he will be. he leaves Michelle at home to do the help.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64629 Jan 2, 2015
According to Democrats.

The headline of the story reads:“Fox News Poll: Voters say 2014 was a good year.”

But the actual poll numbers show a dramatically different story.

A whopping 73-percent of Democrats surveyed “feel this has been a good year for them.”

Only 45 percent of Republicans felt similarly.

Just 49 percent of independents said it’s been a good year.

The Democrats’ overall good vibes seem to fly in the face of the poll results that show an overwhelming negativity among a majority of voters on every single major individual issue.

42 percent of voters approved of Obama’s overall job performance, with 53 percent disapproving
14 percent approved of the work of Congress; 80 percent disapproved
30 percent approved the performance of Democrats in Congress; 64 percent disapproved
28 percent approved of the job done by Republicans in Congress; 66 percent disapproved
43 percent approved of Obama’s handling of the economy; 55 percent disapproved
41 percent approved of his performance on race relations; 51 percent disapproved
38 percent approved of his job on health care; 59 percent disapproved
37 percent approved of his handling of foreign policy; 57 percent disapproved
36 percent approved of his work on immigration; 60 percent disapproved
35 percent approved of his dealing with ISIS; 56 percent disapproved
65 percent said the federal government is broken; 29 percent said its “just OK”; 5 percent said its working “pretty well”
58 percent want Obamacare repealed; 38 percent want to keep it
60 percent wished Obama had spent more time on the economy and less on Obamacare; 37 percent disagreed
81 percent considered it “very” or “somewhat” likely ISIS will try an attack on American soil; 16 percent considered it unlikely
68 percent favor building the Keystone XL pipeline; 26 percent do not
62 percent feel race relations have become worse under Obama; 19 percent said they are better
70 percent want Congress to investigate the IRS scandal until someone is held accountable; 22 percent do not
63 percent believe the White House is refusing to release thousands of documents to cover up its own role in the IRS scandal; 22 percent believe its to protect confidential taxpayer information
60 percent believe the Obama administration is covering up its role in the Benghazi scandal; 28 percent do not.

The democraps say that 2014 has been a good year for them, despite the shellacking they took at the midterms 2 months ago. Liberalism is a disease.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#64630 Jan 2, 2015
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
I been watching HAWAII LIFE and BUILDING HAWAII....a new show from Kona. Interesting shows. They keep this up your population will double in 5 years. That is the plan for the train to work: more taxes. It took 3 hours to get out of Lanikai the other day and go 1 mile to Kailua Road.
I read in the paper a few months ago that the politicians want 9 Million more people on the islands, mostly Asian immigrants. They said that with all the "progress" they have planned, that that's what it will take to fund the "improvements." That's eight times the population we have now. That's why the developers are going vertical , so they can warehouse all the sheep. As I've said all along if you want to see Hawaii's future, just look at Hong Kong.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#64631 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I read in the paper a few months ago that the politicians want 9 Million more people on the islands, mostly Asian immigrants. They said that with all the "progress" they have planned, that that's what it will take to fund the "improvements." That's eight times the population we have now. That's why the developers are going vertical , so they can warehouse all the sheep. As I've said all along if you want to see Hawaii's future, just look at Hong Kong.
And you held back on this incredible news story for months?
What a silent creeper you are! Going vertical!!!!!! Who da thunk!!!!!!
You may be employable, after All. We soooooo lucky....
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#64632 Jan 2, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep singing JB's song...
...you're smarter than the professionals....you are always right..
..........everyone else is incompetent but you have earned those "threatening letters",
And you have earned all the stress from this transaction and negative comments on this forum.
One would figure that after all these years you would understand how to construct a contact and follow the steps needed to finalize it. Thats guru karma!!
hey dummy go play in your sand box. you got no say in anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Waianae students nabbed after fights (Feb '08) 30 min USA now 3rd world 444
The Liberal Sisterhood will Crumble (Again) 3 hr Joe Balls 3
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 5 hr Leeward Outlier 2,616
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 17 hr District 1 880
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 17 hr District 1 773
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 17 hr District 1 4,668
Take a knee and YOURE FIRED! 23 hr Harry 136

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages