Isle housing bottom seen - Business

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state. Full Story
Alice

United States

#63614 Feb 27, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Guru has a HUGE pecker!
You?...:(
That frequently resides in American Infidel's rectal orifice.
YawN

United States

#63615 Feb 27, 2014
;-) and Splat.
alice

Waianae, HI

#63616 Feb 27, 2014
Guru is going to take me out to dinner when he gets here, and they'll I'll let you know if he's a big as I think he is. I'm hoping he's a Super-shlong.
J Seagull

United States

#63617 Feb 27, 2014
Splat.
guru is a shlong tester

Honolulu, HI

#63618 Feb 27, 2014
alice wrote:
Guru is going to take me out to dinner when he gets here, and they'll I'll let you know if he's a big as I think he is. I'm hoping he's a Super-shlong.

Guru

is

definitely

a

shlong.
Francine is an A HAOLE

Canyon Country, CA

#63619 Feb 27, 2014
I speak outta my Dike'sass. HONK!!!!
Leward lolo

Waianae, HI

#63620 Feb 27, 2014
Hey Guru - If Ellison owns Lanai, do you think the planning dept. can still bully him around? Juist heard that planners were in the plane that crashed last night.

He recently bought $80 million of high-end properties there so should have most of the island. Comment was that he plans to grow vegetables.
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#63621 Feb 27, 2014
Francine is an A HAOLE wrote:
I speak outta my Dike'sass. HONK!!!!
Francine's attack tactics are working on you LA Guru. You are obviously getting mentally disturbed, and very frustrated. We warned you!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63622 Feb 27, 2014
Leward lolo wrote:
Hey Guru - If Ellison owns Lanai, do you think the planning dept. can still bully him around? Juist heard that planners were in the plane that crashed last night.
He recently bought $80 million of high-end properties there so should have most of the island. Comment was that he plans to grow vegetables.
huh?? never heard of this one. Get some new planners.
Lysol Bird

Torrance, CA

#63623 Feb 27, 2014
Splat.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63624 Feb 27, 2014
Alice wrote:
<quoted text> Francine's attack tactics are working on you LA Guru. You are obviously getting mentally disturbed, and very frustrated. We warned you!
I am not in LA dummy. Never have been. WHY do you still think that?? I told you morons before that I am not confined by the same rules you are.

Your " francine babes" are at each other's throats-lol! It is funny as hell to watch you idiots rape each other every night in here. hahahaha!

Get a life!

ROTFLMAO!!!
Fred Mertz

Waianae, HI

#63625 Feb 27, 2014
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in LA dummy. Never have been. WHY do you still think that?? I told you morons before that I am not confined by the same rules you are.
Your " francine babes" are at each other's throats-lol! It is funny as hell to watch you idiots rape each other every night in here. hahahaha!
Get a life!
ROTFLMAO!!!
The laws of physics don't apply to Guru!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63626 Feb 27, 2014
Fred Mertz wrote:
<quoted text> The laws of physics don't apply to Guru!
...not exactly, but we are exempt from normal laws of physics and the established hyper-dimensional model. Class II Guru's and Level three Guru's all can do things which defy the norms as far as thinking and creativity are concerned. We can create wealth out of thin air, see beyond most people's ability and ask objects to move and they do. For example, we once moved a car from it's parking spot by just willing it to move. Another example is that we can drain an entire swimming pool with thought within a minute. Other things are making plants grow much faster than anyone else, making animals tame with thought, and walking on water which is easy. Most people can do it if they have a belief. We do it all the time. For example, we did that tonight as we walked up to the mansion in Beverly Hills from the limo in the rain. Water was all over the ground and we walked all over it, never even thinking twice about it.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63627 Feb 27, 2014
Steven Seagal talks Obama impeachment
'I don't think that this man would make it through his term'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/steven-seagal-talk...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63628 Feb 27, 2014
Guru teachings...

The East - exotic, sensuous, colorful. The West - solitary, rugged, practical. Eastern philosophy is Oneness expressed in multiplicity and transcendence through surrender.

Western thought is an immovable foundation of scientific inquiry, duality, and domination. How do such diverse world views meet?

East and West meet face to face in the guru-disciple relationship. Guru literally means "one who dispels darkness" or one who is "heavy" with the weight of vast knowledge. Through devotion and meditation, the guru has experienced oneness with Divine Reality. Ideally such a being can awaken the divine within a student, transmit knowledge, offer guidance, and help integrate these experiences. The guru helps build "the raft of knowledge" which "will cross over all evil" (1) of samsara (cycles of birth, death, and rebirth) to moksha (liberation). Hence the guru symbolizes going beyond the boundary of control to which many Americans adhere. But many people in this culture are not comfortable with spiritual exploration into an unknown or irrational realm.

There is another reason for Americans' discomfort with gurus. Harvard professor Diana L. Eck claims that the anticult movement has presented a distorted view of Hinduism, reflecting not just a fear of deviant cults but "America's first hometown encounter with a truly `other' world view." This encounter, according to Eck, has brought to the fore Americans' "deepest fears and imaginings." Fears of mind control, a negation of reality, and allegiance to a human being rather than to God are examples of interpretations that result from a partial understanding. Some worry that such ideas may undermine the family and promote ethical relativism, weakening our cultural foundation. Only genuine understanding of this relationship, can address those fears and perhaps alleviate them.(2)

The relationship between the guru and the disciple in America has many of the same dimensions as it has in modern India, featuring such elements as lineage and initiation as well as the necessity of such practices as meditation, yoga, chanting, surrender to the guru, seva (selfless service to the guru), devotion, knowledge of philosophical teachings, and, in some traditions, the guru's grace. But significant differences arise, not only in acculturation but in the gap between the ideal and what actually occurs.

Evaluating this relationship from an American perspective presents challenges. Criticisms may be seen as reflecting personal bias or a lack of understanding, while expressing only positive views for the sake of political correctness may ignore legitimate concerns.

Another challenge is that the information available cannot be regarded as entirely impartial. Most material on gurus is autobiographical or written by disciples, making it subject to the writer's own biases. We get a sense of this in the writings of the twentieth-century yogi Paramahansa Yogananda. In Yogananda's words, his guru Sri Yukteswar's samadhi was accompanied by "stupendous snores." One wonders if in this case samadhi was actually "deep yogic joy, as Yogananda declared, or great catnaps.(3)

On the other hand, outside observers may be unfamiliar with the essence of Eastern religion and philosophy while being subject to biases of their own. Although I want to present a balanced perspective, I need to state at the outset that I have two personal beliefs that have affected my conclusions.

Ask not what your Guru can do for you. Instead ask, what can you do for your Guru.

Send your donations to:

Guru's R Us
8788 N Magic Castle Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63629 Feb 27, 2014
Guru teachings...

"The East - exotic, sensuous, colorful. The West - solitary, rugged, practical. Eastern philosophy is Oneness expressed in multiplicity and transcendence through surrender.

Western thought is an immovable foundation of scientific inquiry, duality, and domination. How do such diverse world views meet?

East and West meet face to face in the guru-disciple relationship. Guru literally means "one who dispels darkness" or one who is "heavy" with the weight of vast knowledge. Through devotion and meditation, the guru has experienced oneness with Divine Reality. Ideally such a being can awaken the divine within a student, transmit knowledge, offer guidance, and help integrate these experiences. The guru helps build "the raft of knowledge" which "will cross over all evil" (1) of samsara (cycles of birth, death, and rebirth) to moksha (liberation). Hence the guru symbolizes going beyond the boundary of control to which many Americans adhere. But many people in this culture are not comfortable with spiritual exploration into an unknown or irrational realm.

There is another reason for Americans' discomfort with gurus. Harvard professor Diana L. Eck claims that the anticult movement has presented a distorted view of Hinduism, reflecting not just a fear of deviant cults but "America's first hometown encounter with a truly `other' world view." This encounter, according to Eck, has brought to the fore Americans' "deepest fears and imaginings." Fears of mind control, a negation of reality, and allegiance to a human being rather than to God are examples of interpretations that result from a partial understanding. Some worry that such ideas may undermine the family and promote ethical relativism, weakening our cultural foundation. Only genuine understanding of this relationship, can address those fears and perhaps alleviate them.(2)

The relationship between the guru and the disciple in America has many of the same dimensions as it has in modern India, featuring such elements as lineage and initiation as well as the necessity of such practices as meditation, yoga, chanting, surrender to the guru, seva (selfless service to the guru), devotion, knowledge of philosophical teachings, and, in some traditions, the guru's grace. But significant differences arise, not only in acculturation but in the gap between the ideal and what actually occurs.

Evaluating this relationship from an American perspective presents challenges. Criticisms may be seen as reflecting personal bias or a lack of understanding, while expressing only positive views for the sake of political correctness may ignore legitimate concerns.

Another challenge is that the information available cannot be regarded as entirely impartial. Most material on gurus is autobiographical or written by disciples, making it subject to the writer's own biases. We get a sense of this in the writings of the twentieth-century yogi Paramahansa Yogananda. In Yogananda's words, his guru Sri Yukteswar's samadhi was accompanied by "stupendous snores." One wonders if in this case samadhi was actually "deep yogic joy, as Yogananda declared, or great catnaps.(3)

On the other hand, outside observers may be unfamiliar with the essence of Eastern religion and philosophy while being subject to biases of their own. Although I want to present a balanced perspective, I need to state at the outset that I have two personal beliefs that have affected my conclusions."

Ask not what your Guru can do for you. Instead ask, what can you do for your Guru.

Send your donations to:

Guru's R Us
8788 N Magic Castle Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#63630 Feb 27, 2014
Guru Yamiyogurt is our leader.
Leward lolo

Waianae, HI

#63631 Feb 27, 2014
Guru wrote:
Steven Seagal talks Obama impeachment
'I don't think that this man would make it through his term'
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/steven-seagal-talk...
What man??????
Fred Mertz

Waianae, HI

#63632 Feb 27, 2014
Leward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
What man??????
Defeatist Liberals are forever known as the people that want to tear up our Constitution. I'm surprised they haven't selected Jane Fonda as their next cadidate.
Guru

Pico Rivera, CA

#63633 Feb 27, 2014
Leward lolo wrote:
Good to hear from you Lolo. You have been gone so long I wondered if you have taken the big "dirt nap".
Ellison is a smart guy so he probably has all the angles covered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With poll, Obama foundation hints at library's ... 26 min Snoop 2
Board of Water Supply explores removing Haiku S... 46 min Snoop 8
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 5 hr Jack 390
Waikiki crime report Modern Hotel 11 hr Snoop 9
Alice has worms. (Apr '10) 20 hr DA Bears 231
Relocating -Questions about Work & Housing Wed Jack 60
Honolulu improvements needed Wed Jack 102
Honolulu Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Honolulu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:45 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:45PM
49ers eyeing bid to host future playoff title game
Bleacher Report 6:53 PM
Tyvon Branch Cut by Raiders: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
NFL 7:36 PM
Oakland Raiders to release Tyvon Branch
ESPN 7:49 PM
Raiders to release injury-plagued Branch
Bleacher Report 9:18 PM
San Francisco 49ers: Should They Sign Reggie Bush?