Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62104 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62103 Nov 14, 2013
obama meltdown is almost complete...obama cabinet in disgust...people walking out!

FAIRY TALE...
President thwarts Congress on Obamacare changes...
HOWARD DEAN: What legal authority?
Fails to calm jittery Dems...
Insurers:'Fix' could raise costs...
State commissioner rejects...
HHS Admits Obamacare Plans Cost More 'In Many Cases'...
More Navigators Exposed in New Video...

CIA COLLECTING BULK RECORDS OF FINANCIAL DATA

Dolphins Star Jonathan Martin Treated For PTSD...

Incognito files grievance against team... FLASHBACK: Hillary Clinton 2007:'If you have a plan you like, you keep it'...

VIDEO...

Home sellers discover hidden new Obamacare tax...

O'CARE ARCHITECT: Genetic 'lottery winners' have been paying 'artificially low price'... WH Predicts Taxes Will Hit Record $3 Trillion in '14...

$29,673 Per Full-Time Worker... GALLUP: Americans Trim Holiday Spending Plans... SOUTHWEST pilot to passengers:'We're going down!'... COPS: Man beats elderly woman he thought was devil... UPDATE: New accusations of misconduct at Secret Service... Road deaths up 3.3% in '12... COPS: Pack Of Skateboarders Savagely Beat Grocer With Boards After Trying To Steal Soda... TSA wasting money by profiling passenger behavior, investigators say...

'Chat Down' Program a Complete Failure... FBI: Cyber-attacks surpass terrorism as major domestic threat... UN:'Killer Robots' could be outlawed... Blind Man Kicked Off Plane Over Guide Dog... Bookstore uses sprinklers to douse homeless sleeping on sidewalk... France opens racism probe into far-right magazine...

VIDEO: Baldwin Hurls Gay Slurs...

GLAAD: Must 'End This Pattern'... STOCKS HIT RECORD HIGHS... REPORT:'Animal cruelty task force' kills thousands of animals...

Solar Panels Fry Birds Along Major Migration Path...

Scientists kill world's oldest creature trying to determine its age... AMTRAK serves free wine, loses millions in taxpayer money... Boom in pot vaporizers lets users secretly get stoned in public...

'Nose telescope' for stink in CO...

AMERICANS' PERSONAL DATA SHARED WITH CIA, IRS...

Intelligence agency seeks facial recognition upgrade...

Seattle police deactivate surveillance system after public outrage...

'Gesture of good will'...

Pentagon Drones To Scan Eyes From Distance...

GOOGLE: User Data Requests Surge...

NSA chief: Snowden leaked up to 200,000 secret documents... REPORT: Hackers accessing info via baby monitors... Elderly man ordered to remove wife's grave from front yard...

What is cure for Gaga-itis? NYPOST:'Stampede for exits' at NYTIMES...

WASHPOST: What about POLITICO's 'brain drain'?

MAG: What about 'burn rate' at WASHPOST? Bird flu strain infects human for 1st time...
OBAMA CABINET IN CHAOS:'We are completely marginalized'...

POLITICO: BIG SIS LEFT IN HUFF...

Silicon Valley turns on Obama:'F*ck these guys'... DHS nominee caught plagiarizing? BIBLICAL: Russell Crowe cast as 'Noah'... Minister: Christians 'face extinction' amid sectarian terror... President Obama follows @ihaten*ggers on TWITTER...

UPDATE: Obama unfollows... Newspaper runs correction on 1863 error dismissing Lincoln's Gettysburg Address as 'silly'... Next Weapon at Sea -- Music? Scientist: Quantum physics proves death an illusion... 16 American cities foreign governments warn their citizens about... Prairies vanish in push for 'green energy'...

More coal plants shut doors... RATHER: CBS Attempting to 'Airbrush Me Out of Their History'... Bobby Kennedy's daughter calls NRA prez an 'assassin'... Reports: Russia to Help Iran Build Second Nuclear Reactor...

Panic spreads in typhoon-ravaged Philippines...

'We have let people down'... Bieber Releases 5 New Singles in 5 Weeks: No Airplay, No Sales... CLAIM: Company invents first 'vegan' condom... British experts warn of rise in genital cosmetic surgery... Man faces harassment charges for repeatedly firing Civil War cannon at neighbor's homes... Anger in New Zealand at 'close your legs' rape defence...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62104 Nov 14, 2013
REAL ESTATE now being hit big time by obamacare taxes...

Little-Known Tax Funding Obamacare

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 6:23 AM PST Updated: Nov 14, 2013 11:19 AM PST
By Ronica Cleary,@ChasingRonica

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey (My9NJ)-

The Affordable Care Act or Obamacare seems to be in the headlines every day because of all of the problems surrounding the launch. And while most realize the law is funded in part by the individual mandate and penalty tax, it is also being funded in ways that are not discussed as much in the media.

Luxury real estate broker Ron Aioso says there is a tax that is rarely discussed that also helps fund Obamacare. It is a tax on high-income taxpayers when they sell their homes.

Franklin Lakes, N.J. was listed on Forbes.com in 2010 as one of "America's Most Expensive ZIP Codes", with a median home price of $1.3M.

Aioso says homeowners in a neighborhood like this could really be impacted by the Obamacare tax.

“Where we are today in a luxury area, you look and you see this home behind me, somebody like this is really affected,” he said.

If you are single with an adjusted gross income of $200,000 or file jointly with an income of $250,000 or more, you may be impacted. Once you sell your home, any profits over the first $500,000 are already subject to a capital gains tax. And now those profits will have an additional 3.8% tax to fund Obamacare.

Aioso noted that there is also a lot of confusion surrounding this tax and many homeowners know little about it.

“I think more than anything we need some education on it so people fully understand what is this 3.8%? What am I paying?” Aioso said.
bendova

Canyon Country, CA

#62106 Nov 14, 2013
Obama calls me Bwana wrote:
Just got back from my Thanksgiving shopping and what a good year we're having! Thanks to Mr Obama I'm able to put on a real spread for the family. With all the rain we've been having the druggies haven't been in the park the last couple of days, so I had to wait until this afternoon to score enough FS to make it worth the trip. Still, it was worth it, Yesterday my bud scored $100 worth of EBT for a case of cold beer. Now THAT was a sweet deal.
next time obama is in Hawaii bendova like a pink-butt babboon and take it up the wazoo for posterity. He will love you for it.

no pun intended.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62108 Nov 15, 2013
now Silicon Valley says F***obama!
http://theweek.com/article/index/252729/how-s...
Bradda bradda

Mililani, HI

#62109 Nov 15, 2013
Obama 666 wrote:
<quoted text> Taking it up the wazoo is Obama's specialty. Ever read that woman friend of Obama's story? She said that Obama was planning to come out as a transsexual but he moved before it happened. I think her name is Pope.
Mainland Haole boi he neva eva say a parade mahu is cute like yu. He neva eva chase dis mahus buggas around in Wainae like yu either! Yu sure yu not da mahu yu claim Obama is?
Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#62111 Nov 15, 2013
Saw in the news that Joe B. was right all along about thefts from homeless shelter right down to employees not being paid.
JRB

Santa Ana, CA

#62112 Nov 15, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
Saw in the news that Joe B. was right all along about thefts from homeless shelter right down to employees not being paid.
Who u talk about joe blow? The haole with f stamp connections. Why don't we all have such valuable connections. Good to know j. Blow.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62116 Nov 15, 2013
obama unglued...

'FIX' COULD MAKE IT WORSE!
More Navigators Exposed in New Video...
GOP warns of 'constitutional crisis'...
'Death Spiral'...
DEM REP: I haven't seen this much panic since 9/11...
NYT:'Crisis of Confidence'...
PURDUM: FUMBLE?
Obama slams lobbyists, then hires one...
KRAUTHAMMER: Why Liberals Are Panicked...
Bachmann: I lost my insurance...
Obamacare advocate poised to become next surgeon general...
Congressman Warns of 'Secret Security Force'...

DEMS TURN ON OBAMACARE

obama ruins everything. even the dems, his own party.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62117 Nov 15, 2013
...can you imagine if China invades Taiwan, or Russia tries something, or Iran gets the bomb...obama would be in a worse state of paralysis than he is now. The dude can't make a decision, doesn't know what to do , and waffles constantly. This guy is a nightmare.

PERIOD.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62118 Nov 15, 2013
finally figured it out...obama is bi-polar. And a serial liar.
http://www.wnd.com/
JRB

Leander, TX

#62120 Nov 15, 2013
Call da cops wrote:
<quoted text>Next time I will JB.
Still paranoid.
JRB

Leander, TX

#62121 Nov 15, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
Who u talk about joe blow? The haole with f stamp connections. Why don't we all have such valuable connections. Good to know j. Blow.
Pitiful. You not only copy my handle, but now even have to adopt francine's overused themes. GTF out...
Joe Balls

Mililani, HI

#62122 Nov 15, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
Pitiful. You not only copy my handle, but now even have to adopt francine's overused themes. GTF out...
Fck you Balls.
Joe Balls

Mililani, HI

#62123 Nov 15, 2013
Guru wrote:
finally figured it out...obama is bi-polar. And a serial liar.
http://www.wnd.com/
Then why did you vote for him in 2008? Are you stupid?
Alice

Mililani, HI

#62124 Nov 15, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
What is he doing at a homeless shelter unless he is homeless or there for no good reasons? Buying illegal food stamps? Picking up homeless drug addicted women to pork? Someone told me he was banned from the shelter because of these activities. The StarAdvertiser had a article about it today and I willing to bet JB was in on it?
Leeward Lolo

Mililani, HI

#62125 Nov 15, 2013
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>What is he doing at a homeless shelter unless he is homeless or there for no good reasons? Buying illegal food stamps? Picking up homeless drug addicted women to pork? Someone told me he was banned from the shelter because of these activities. The StarAdvertiser had a article about it today and I willing to bet JB was in on it?
I think JB is smart. Where else can get you get some strange pussi for $2 bucks?
Auntie luau slippahs

Columbus, OH

#62127 Nov 15, 2013
By the way roach; Splat.
JRB

Leander, TX

#62128 Nov 15, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>I think JB is smart. Where else can get you get some strange pussi for $2 bucks?
WTF is a 2 dollar buck moron?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#62129 Nov 15, 2013
another whack-job liberal moron bites the dust:
MSNBC Suspends Baldwin's Show...

I used to like this guy when he did Red October. Not so anymore. I actually bumped into him once in a store. What a waste.
JRB

Leander, TX

#62130 Nov 15, 2013
Guru wrote:
another whack-job liberal moron bites the dust:
MSNBC Suspends Baldwin's Show...
I used to like this guy when he did Red October. Not so anymore. I actually bumped into him once in a store. What a waste.
I liked his blunt style acting in the remake of the classic "Glengarry Glen Ross". The original "Always be closing" for RE fans. Pacino, Harris, Lemmon, Arkin, Spacey...what a cast. Great dialogue movie. I guess too many In and Not Out Burgers did him in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The History of Flip Flopper Trump 3 hr Joe Balls 1
Joe BALLS Has Always Been A Big Fat LIAR (Jul '15) 4 hr Joe Balls 17
Aloha HPD __ Joe Balls from Waianae claims..... 5 hr We ALL love POTUS... 17
If Obama had a son 5 hr We ALL love POTUS... 33
Why isn't this Democrat regime educating its ci... 18 hr We ALL love POTU... 7
Why do Filipinos consider themselves as Pacific... (Oct '08) 18 hr We ALL love POTU... 557
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) Fri Joe Balls 2,681

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages