Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62126 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58865 Jul 17, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
28% in a year would be a nice profit for those selling.
AS I SEE IT:
Actually if everything else went up it's no big deal. If it were possible to sell and just bank the money receiving a decent interest% and just live on it, would be wonderful.
Unfortunately paying for government nonsense and caring for the leaches would eat it up in no time. So continue on with rental writeoffs, paying accountants and watching leaches increase by the millions if roachboy/congress/council have their way.
PLEASE CONVINCE MT IT AIN'T SO - lololol
good post lolo...

yeah, I just keep em. They will inflate our dollars causing moeny to be worthless so keep the bricks.

My idea is to just chill now....not tracking much stuff out there, let the morons run the "appreciation" game baloney. It isn't real, or sustainable at this time. I am not very confident in our economy at all with obama there. In fact, just the opposite. They are leaving him there because they are stealing us blind. So just enjoy life, be content with what you have, and live every day.

The good old days of the past are now history. So I just plan on taking care of business and let it ride. I never got caught up in sub-prime/interest only/adjustables, etc...so never had that affect me. Glad I did.

Worked all day on doors, windows, landscaping, contracts, etc.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58866 Jul 17, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the fool found a name for itself?
PLAGUE
...I call him assmold.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58867 Jul 17, 2013
Guru wrote:
lol...it is amazing to watch the divide in this country. The more morons, the worse it gets.

It will also be a pleasure to watch the show in the meantime as the libs fall and fail because of the way they think. Going to be some bumps along the way. They stand for nothing but themselves ultimately, and they will use everything possible and say anything to get their way. Selfish people beget selfish people. Ultimately they screw each other and run away.
Good example of that just today, Guru. Yesterday I harvested a small crop of Sunflowers that I grew for seed. Today I was cleaning them and my worker walked by and grabbed a sack of cleaned seeds. I said, where are you going with them?" He said , "I'm going to bake and eat them." I replied, "I grew them for seed, don't you think it would be better to plant them so we can get a bigger crop? Those seeds are way too expensive to buy, but if we plant them we'll have plenty for everyone in a few months. Your way, you eat some seeds but no-one else will get any and I'll have no seeds to plant." He looked at me and said, "SO?" Typical modern-day greedy shyt-head. They just don't get it.
Leeward LOLO

Pearl City, HI

#58868 Jul 17, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...maybe the thing needs to just be checked by making sure the panel is clean, and that the wires are still intact. There may be nothing wrong with it. Here you have to wash your panels once a month or you lose power. Ask a friend to check it that knows electrical.
It may also be programmed to shut off after one year like our cell phones are so you go in to the carrier and have them try to sell you another "upgrade", and of course they will take your phone back, sweep it and sell it again. Verizon. 4G>> to 5G.$140 for the 4G. 5G is $199. Cost you $59 to switch out.
What brand name was it?
The fan did not seem to cool much but sometimes I hear a noise and the wind is turning it. May be a good idea to have it checked.

Here is the mfg, company who kinda told me tough luck. I try hard to buy American.

http://www.atticbreeze.net/

http://www.atticbreeze.net/
Leeward LOLO

Phoenix, AZ

#58869 Jul 17, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Good example of that just today, Guru. Yesterday I harvested a small crop of Sunflowers that I grew for seed. Today I was cleaning them and my worker walked by and grabbed a sack of cleaned seeds. I said, where are you going with them?" He said , "I'm going to bake and eat them." I replied, "I grew them for seed, don't you think it would be better to plant them so we can get a bigger crop? Those seeds are way too expensive to buy, but if we plant them we'll have plenty for everyone in a few months. Your way, you eat some seeds but no-one else will get any and I'll have no seeds to plant." He looked at me and said, "SO?" Typical modern-day greedy shyt-head. They just don't get it.
...wrong joey the local culture is live for today and no plan for tomorrow. Get with the culture bubba.
Leeward LOLO

Pearl City, HI

#58870 Jul 17, 2013
Had a solar powered gate in PS which was used several times a month but still was slow and needed an electrical charge.

The regular electric gate opener here is babied along as it is a well made older one.
I am afraid to replace it with Chinese junk.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58871 Jul 17, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Good example of that just today, Guru. Yesterday I harvested a small crop of Sunflowers that I grew for seed. Today I was cleaning them and my worker walked by and grabbed a sack of cleaned seeds. I said, where are you going with them?" He said , "I'm going to bake and eat them." I replied, "I grew them for seed, don't you think it would be better to plant them so we can get a bigger crop? Those seeds are way too expensive to buy, but if we plant them we'll have plenty for everyone in a few months. Your way, you eat some seeds but no-one else will get any and I'll have no seeds to plant." He looked at me and said, "SO?" Typical modern-day greedy shyt-head. They just don't get it.
Yeah that is what I was talking about too. These morons only care about themselves. I call them meely-mouths...me me me! They sound like a bunch of seagulls saying what sounds like "mine mine mine"...when one of them finds a piece of food. They all chase the one with the food. Next time you see that think of this.

I knew a guy that had a tomato garden that he started...he grew them in a small yard from small cuttings. He had all kinds of tomatoes and would eat them on everything. From cherry tomatoes to the big ones. Because he grew them on good dirt, and fertilized them, they were 10 times better tasting than the tasteless ones the stores sells these days.

He is growing them for months, on a 15 x 6 foot little plot of land next to his driveway.

So one day the gardner who brought his wife with him to help is doing his gardening. He has had for years. Where my friend sits in his kitchen he can see them hauling out big bags of grass, etc for 15 minutes after they cut. They walk right past him in the driveway. He thinks man these guys are great, they must have done a great job out there. So when they leave they wave to him and he watches them go. So he decides to walk out and see the great job they have done. When he gets to the tomato patch, everything is gone. Not only that, the branches are all broken up and the plants are destroyed. They were both mexicans. He fired them that night.

This is how these people are. Mex's are like this, so are the libs that want what everyone else has got. In the case of the mexican, the ones that act this way think that if they have it, it is theirs. Doesn't matter if it literally has your name on it. It is theirs. Possession is 100% of the law to them. And that is how mexico is too. You never take a nice car down there. You turn your back and it is gone. You will never see it again. Happens all the time.

Around here they steal mail like crazy by putting bags in mailboxes on strings, super-glue inside the mailbox to grab the mail, and they take mail from your mailbox. That is why I always deliver mail to the post office. Once they have your mail, they open it and cash your checks, steal your ID, etc. They could care less what it does to people. We see it on the alerts all the time. They also go through every trash can in whole neighborhoods in the middle of the night, taking cans, paperwork, etc. Yet these liberal morons want to let them all in here.

What a joke these people are that do things like that. But they are all over now.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58872 Jul 17, 2013
Leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
...wrong joey the local culture is live for today and no plan for tomorrow. Get with the culture bubba.
...you should just go infect the other thread, nobody cares what you say anymore in here.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58873 Jul 17, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>

They were both mexicans. He fired them that night.
This is how these people are. Mex's are like this, so are the libs that want what everyone else has got. In the case of the mexican, the ones that act this way think that if they have it, it is theirs. Doesn't matter if it literally has your name on it. It is theirs. Possession is 100% of the law to them. And that is how mexico is too.
That is sad indeed. Myself, I've never had a bad experience with any Mexicans, illegal or not. The ones I've experienced were very honest, and family oriented. Times sure have changed. I almost stayed in Phoenix because of a Mexican woman, but her momma didn't want anything interfering with her daughter going to school, and she was so good-looking I'd have "interfered" many times a day. This was in the early eighties and my brother still sees her and says she's still pretty.
Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain

Phoenix, AZ

#58874 Jul 18, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...you should just go infect the other thread, nobody cares what you say anymore in here.
Then ignore me you mealy-mouthed moaner.
King Haasain Kangsein Ju

Canyon Country, CA

#58875 Jul 18, 2013
Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain wrote:
<quoted text>
Howska naskimasti porcumomma stinglebak fumolakjistango stigglepop tu fagahomopotomus tusi ashtanmosa pil.
Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain

Phoenix, AZ

#58876 Jul 18, 2013
........your creativity is nonexistence.
Stigglepop

Leander, TX

#58877 Jul 18, 2013
........your creativity is nonexistence.
Kurtz - "...You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58879 Jul 18, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> That is sad indeed. Myself, I've never had a bad experience with any Mexicans, illegal or not. The ones I've experienced were very honest, and family oriented. Times sure have changed. I almost stayed in Phoenix because of a Mexican woman, but her momma didn't want anything interfering with her daughter going to school, and she was so good-looking I'd have "interfered" many times a day. This was in the early eighties and my brother still sees her and says she's still pretty.
The old timers were not like this generation that is climbing over here and yelling for benefits, racism, etc. while they pound on the white guilt buushit. They are a completely different breed.

They saw the chance to grab it and they did. It is like an ant colony under your house. You leave anything out anywhere and they swarm to get it. You don't know what you are missing. They are 100 x worse than your freeloaders there. And they breed like rabbits.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58880 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I do. So do the rest of them in here. Everyone in here knows you are a fuckuplonely and pathetic POS homoqueen-welfare wasted dipshit. We just like kicking your big fat assz in here cuz it's fun-lol! You are good target practice and it is funny watching you squfirm in your own shyt. LOL!

Now go FK yourself.
Leewarf LOLO

Phoenix, AZ

#58881 Jul 18, 2013
YaWN
J Seagull

Columbus, OH

#58882 Jul 18, 2013
By the way; *Splat*.
Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain

Phoenix, AZ

#58883 Jul 18, 2013
Stigglepop wrote:
<quoted text>
Kurtz - "...You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."
I don`t know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I`m going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass.

.yep

.....borrowed that from M. B.

......if only you could admit your thief.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58884 Jul 18, 2013
lol...obama is crashing all over the PLANET now!

Jesse Jackson: Florida an 'Apartheid State'...
Calls For Boycott...
CNN's ratings nosedive following Zimmerman trial...
Charles Barkley:'I Agree With Verdict'...
'A lot of black people are racist too'...

HE CAN'T HAVE HIS GUN BACK! Florida gives Zimmerman his gun back and Holder grabs it!

HISTORIC: DETROIT GOES BANKRUPT...

Filing Paints Bleak Picture of Motor City...

Pension Funds Sue to Block...

City official demands federal taxpayer bailout...

FLASHBACK: Obama 2012:'We refused to let Detroit go bankrupt'...

Former Romney spokesman blasts...

36 Municipal Bankruptcy Filings Since Jan '10...

Bernanke says he is 'not qualified' to offer refinancing advice... State Trooper Relieved Of Duty After Releasing Bloody Photos Of Tsarnaev In Response To ROLLING STONE Cover...'Cut that s--t out!': Rihanna rages after being pelted with chips during gig... UPDATE: WWE embarrassed as wrestling match outcomes leaked online...

UN condemns Italy on deportations... REPORT: Charities sitting on large amount of Superstorm Sandy donations... Sweaty Wall Streeters Skip Booze for Spin-Class Meetings...'Creepy' Man Accused of Leaking Air from Women's Tires, Then Offering to Help Them...

ROLLING CRIME WAVE:'LET’S GO MESS UP HOLLYWOOD FOR TRAYVON'...

17 arrested in protest...

Beverly Hills traffic jam...

'Mama, mama, can't you see what system done to me?'

'Emotional' jurors offered counseling...

TWITTER Explodes With Racial Epithets Towards talkhost Larry Elder... Satan Worshiper Gets Life in Prison for Killing, Skinning Mom...

Organs never recovered... DEA busts father, son, grandson in Ecstasy case...

Questions about IRS snooping grow, extend to Biden home state...

Senate candidate O'Donnell told private tax records breached...

Officials in DC ordered 'special scrutiny'...

IRS Chief Counsel Big Donor, Loyal Democrat... Army Vet Denied Right To Own Gun Over Misdemeanor Drug Charge - From 1971...

Boston to Chicago: More Than 100 Million Feel Stifling Heatwave...

Live Temps...

Doctors Warn:'Heat Rage'...

App Lets Smartphone Users Summon Ice Cream Truck...

REPORT: Hundreds dead in England's heatwave... Feds tighten intel access in bid to prevent future leaks...

Isolation similar to safeguarding nukes... STUDY: 1.1 million Brazilians murdered in past 30 years...

FIFA questions as World Cup host... NO FUN: Woman Banned From Community Pool For Wearing Mermaid's Tail... POLL: Citizens Losing Faith in American Dream... POLICE: Baby Hospitalized After Eating Grandmother's Meth...
McCain Stumped By Question About His Own Immigration Bill...

Hollywood big budget flops spell crisis... ADMIT: NSA SPIES ON FRIENDS' FRIENDS' FRIENDS...

NSA Analyzes 'Far, Far' More People's Data Than Previously Revealed...

TSA SEARCHING PARKED CARS AT AIRPORTS...

TRACK ATTACK: CA Considers Digital License Plates...

Feds to study food shopping patterns with GPS... Hacker claims to have posted thousands of Congressional staffers' email address, passwords... Gov. Perry signs sweeping abortion restrictions...

Pelosi: GOP needs 'lesson on the birds and bees'... GOOGLE Revenue Reignites Mobile Worries... Napolitano's Confirmation As UC President Greeted By Protests In San Francisco...

WINTOUR OUT: MICHELLE O DEBUTS ELVIS CUT... Murdoch slams 'excessive' hacking inquiry... Family Finds Pot, Pipe In BURGER KING Kids Meal... Bedbug-Covered Man Forces Evacuation of Manhattan Courtroom...

Kerry gets earful from angry Syrian refugees...

US 'considering military force in Syria'...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58885 Jul 18, 2013
KEEEEE---RASHHHHH!

From the article:

"A damning indictment of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) continues to emerge Thursday, during a Congressional investigation into the agency’s targeting of Conservative organizations. Congressional Democrats and their friends in the mainstream media are desperate to shut this investigation down as details linking the IRS strategy to the White House emerge.

The mainstream media is completely ignoring the hearings, in the same way that they have ignored every major scandal that has plagued this administration, such as Operation Fast and Furious; the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi – which killed the US ambassador and three other Americans – whilst President Obama went to bed and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ignored requests for help; the IRS leaking the tax records of President Obama’s political opponents to Left-wing activist groups and the National Security Agency (NSA) being allowed to spy on American citizens, anytime and for any reason.

As more and more evidence, including direct admissions by current and former IRS employees, that Conservative groups were deliberately singled for extra scrutiny, questioning and procedural delays – and that the decision to do this came from much higher up than any IRS field office – one thing has become very obvious to Conservatives, Republicans and Libertarians; the White House, whether it can ever be ‘proven’ or not, was behind such a strategy.

An additional question might be; why is anyone reading the mainstream media, when they constantly refuse to report on some of the most important political issues of the day?

Chairman of the congressional oversight committee Darrell Issa (R-CA)– thankfully – has no intention of allowing this scandal to go away. "

Link:

http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/irs-political-t...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs in Hawaii Grocery Stores, in Carts-NoHeal... 4 hr Joe Balls 11
Handsome Men of Hawaii (Mar '08) 4 hr Joe Balls 151
Bwa ha ha ha (Feb '16) 7 hr Eli 15
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) Tue Snore 4 481
Poll Alice has worms. (Apr '10) Tue Stork Bird 4 268
News Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) Aug 23 HbH 556
News Senate panel OKs a shorter extension for rail tax (Mar '15) Aug 23 HbH 9

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance