Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62107 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#58449 Jun 25, 2013
GURU Go back a few posts for water bill info.
Guru

Phoenix, AZ

#58450 Jun 25, 2013
Should i go back into my donkey womb lolo. That far back?
Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#58451 Jun 25, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! thanks lolo.
....that is waaaay too much. They are likely using that as a huge slush fund. They need to get sued on this one...they are just using this to collect more "fees" which are then used like taxes. Nice try run around the real cost of the thing. Wait until the train taxes get ramped up...will be 2K/year for each person whether you use it or not. Maybe higher. Then it will go up each year by 10-15%. All of it will ruin Hawaii. That will be the biggest boondoggle every there.
I got it fromm a good source a while back that our sewer fees were going to developers to help with their required infrastructure. Now I think it is embezzled into general fund along with hurricane andrainy day funds.
Remember a few years ago taxpayers paid $6 million to move football team into another league, group, whatever.
Leeward Lolo

Pearl City, HI

#58452 Jun 25, 2013
Remember the 255' Ellison yacht I talked about a while back?
The last few weeks there was a sail boat docked in front of it which seemed to be the same length.
Passed these Sun. night and was gone. I have never seen anything like that so hoped to get a better look.
I have been told that his plan is to turn Lanai into a sailing center. Did see a few out here bigger than I have seen before last weekend.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58453 Jun 25, 2013
the sanctimonious paufool, gobluefool, and phoenix slobfool will never be able to explain this one:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/prosecution-witnes...

...the PROSECUTION witnesses back Zimmerman!

lol...in the end, racism will be the last gasp of the slope-headed morons.

lol...you fukups are so screwed up your momma is your daddy who is your drug dealers!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#58455 Jun 26, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...maybe but you need them. Condos by the hundreds of thousands still sitting vacant because of your crooked bankers. You should be happy...somebody has to clean up there after all the crap you live through every year. Not to mention the horrendous humidity that never leaves and suffocates you, and the bugs that eat you alive. You couldn't pay most people to live in Florida these days.
Is that synopsis, the full extent of the vast Real Estate knowledge, that continues to elude you?....BTW, 2 days ago, it was 88 here and 94 in Alaska.....eh, RE boy?.....
JRB

Georgetown, TX

#58456 Jun 26, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
Not buying it.
It's way too obvious.
Nice try though.
Obvious because it was intentional. Ask Blueper if I'm a proxy for Guru.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#58457 Jun 26, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
Obvious because it was intentional. Ask Blueper if I'm a proxy for Guru.
I don't need an endorsement from an anonymous poster to validate my opinion.

Like I said, it's all too obvious.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58458 Jun 26, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! thanks lolo.
....that is waaaay too much. They are likely using that as a huge slush fund. They need to get sued on this one...they are just using this to collect more "fees" which are then used like taxes. Nice try run around the real cost of the thing. Wait until the train taxes get ramped up...will be 2K/year for each person whether you use it or not. Maybe higher. Then it will go up each year by 10-15%. All of it will ruin Hawaii. That will be the biggest boondoggle every there.
You are exactly right, Guru. But what you may not understand is that the people that want the rail don't plan on paying a dime into it. They are the same people that get everything else for free too. They are called democrats.
district 1

Phoenix, AZ

#58459 Jun 26, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it fromm a good source a while back that our sewer fees were going to developers to help with their required infrastructure. Now I think it is embezzled into general fund along with hurricane andrainy day funds.
Remember a few years ago taxpayers paid $6 million to move football team into another league, group, whatever.
Joey probably uses the same gooooooood sourceeeeeee for his Rail facts. You're life will not change one bit joey and you will probably find ways to make more money after the Rail is completed.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58460 Jun 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Is that synopsis, the full extent of the vast Real Estate knowledge, that continues to elude you?....BTW, 2 days ago, it was 88 here and 94 in Alaska.....eh, RE boy?.....
...lol....I wouldn't live in Florida for anything. Hurricanes, bugs, humidity is so much as soon as you get out of your car your shirt is sopping wet. Even at midnight. You can have it. Enjoy your trailer park grandma, your state suckks worse than all others.

Go feed the alligators Gertrude, and make sure you pet them on the head at the same time.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58461 Jun 26, 2013
lol...some posts from humidity-blog from people that live there for the total screwup florida skank...and man, when you are a skank, you are really a skank in that heat and humidity in florida!!-lol

"Like LIT said you will get many different opinions on this question. And its really is a personal opinion, no one person can give you the right answer, only you can decide this one. I have lived here my entire life and have never gotten used to our summer (mid-may through november) heat and humidity. I have learned how to deal with our weather, and for me Mid May through november I stay in the AC and avoid as much time outdoors as possible, which stinks really. I run from the house to my car, crank the AC and then run into the next AC building. I would love to have LA weather. And at dusk and dawn during the summer months we have noseums or mosquitos.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
rogerbacon

3,644 posts, read 2,798,419 times
I was born here and don't consider humidity a big deal. Once, in college, I took a trip with some people from LA. to South Asia. They thought they would die from the humidity but I thought it was like a typical summer in Miami.
If you didn't mind the humidity down here when you were visiting then you should be OK. I think LA is a much nicer place to live than Miami though.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/594870-m...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#58462 Jun 26, 2013
more for the psycho-skank from florida...gobluefool...lol!

Dr_Rico

108 posts, read 208,645 times
In the stickiest moments, Miami weather feels like being humped by a wet dog that is panting its hot doggy breath into your face. I adjusted to it in about one season and learned to seek ocean breezes in these months. And air conditioning is welcome then to take out some of the moisture, especially when trying to sleep at night.

At least it isn't as hot as some of the southern states. The humidity is much harder to bear when the air temp is 104 in the shade or suchlike. Bleggh. I'll take Miami summer over South Carolina low country summer any day.

DR

Unread 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
MiamiRob

6,962 posts, read 4,933,587 times
I think that is the redeeming quality about Miami's heat is that it never gets over 100 degrees. The humidity can be oppresive in business attire when your dress shirts stick to you like super glue! I got you used it but I just don't bother too be out in the midday sun for no more than 20 munutes.

Unread 03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
muscleman305

177 posts, read 295,307 times
I moved to Miami from Los angeles in 95 and still haven't adjusted to the summers here. The desert heat is like opening an oven door, but at least its cool in the shade. Here shade or no shade its going to be stickier than a Cinnabon. Get ready for high electric bills in the summer from running the A/C 24/7.Also i hope u like rain and thunderstorms, especially if u live inland, it rains just about everyday after 3pm. On a positive note it does make the winter something to look forward to and in my opinion we have the best winter in the whole U.S., but it barley last 3 months some years if we'r lucky.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/594870-m...

lol!!!
district 1

Phoenix, AZ

#58463 Jun 26, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...lol....I wouldn't live in Florida for anything. Hurricanes, bugs, humidity is so much as soon as you get out of your car your shirt is sopping wet. Even at midnight. You can have it. Enjoy your trailer park grandma, your state suckks worse than all others.
Go feed the alligators Gertrude, and make sure you pet them on the head at the same time.
If the weather is bad i'd blame it on that fat bloated drug infested hot air rabble rousing talking head RUSH Hudson Limbaugh who lives in the area.

***I learned the above blaming technique from joey balls.
Guru

Kaneohe, HI

#58464 Jun 26, 2013
I am so happy that the United States Supreme Court has ruled that the Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional. Now my friends American Infidel and Joe Balls can get married and stop their secretive "on the down-low" romance. Muuuuuaaah!
Leeward Lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#58465 Jun 26, 2013
Guru wrote:
I am so happy that the United States Supreme Court has ruled that the Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional. Now my friends American Infidel and Joe Balls can get married and stop their secretive "on the down-low" romance. Muuuuuaaah!
You fooled me i thought this was my real estate guru. You fooled me. hahahahaha
Jor Balls

Kaneohe, HI

#58466 Jun 26, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/26/news/companie...

Paula Deen dropped by Caesar's for using the "N" word? Much ado about nothing, Paula is just calling a spade a spade.
Leeward LoLo

Pearl City, HI

#58467 Jun 26, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
You fooled me i thought this was my real estate guru. You fooled me. hahahahaha
You fooled yourself but nobody else. How funny is that!!!!!!!
Leeward Lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#58468 Jun 26, 2013
Leeward LoLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You fooled yourself but nobody else. How funny is that!!!!!!!
My good sourceeeeeeee has it that the real lolo is locked up in Triple C surrounded by immates with saggy Double D's and stretched out V J Jays.
Leeward LoLo

Pearl City, HI

#58469 Jun 26, 2013
Do you mean O Triple C?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New posters to Topix Honolulu should know... 59 min Joe Balls 14
Travelling to mainland 1 hr Waikiki Boys 5
Why are Hawaii people so stupid? (Jan '11) 7 hr District 1 Nievity 891
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 22 hr Joe Balls 3,044
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) Sat DA Bears 642
topix mods wont be happy (Mar '13) Sat Joe Balls 32
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) Sat Princess Hey 985

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance