Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62126 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#57359 May 24, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Guru, some trivia for you. I used to hunt coyotes down in Buckeye, back when there were just a dozen homes there. Got my van stuck in a wash and spent three days in the desert as we had plenty of water at the time, but then decided we needed to walk out or die there. We left a couple of hours before dusk and there were rattlesnakes all around us, but it was so hot, they just laid still as we walked over them. I only shot one, because it surprised me just as we reached a house about ten in the evening. We drank half of a five gallon bottle of water at the home and the guy used his truck to pull us out. As we drove back to Peoria around midnight we must have driven over 500 rattlesnakes on the road. We had been in 123 degree sun for three days, and the next day ate some of the thickest steaks in Arizona, just celebrating still being alive.
That place is now developing like crazy. Homes everywhere, stores, malls. From there to Estrella and out to Surprise. West Valley of PHX is now where all the action is. It is vast and it is amazing. New freeways have really opened it all up.

I have gotten stuck on Lake Mohave...and other places in AZ, but none like that! The rattlers were coming out of a rattlesnake den....a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him he actually walked on some of them then heard them rattle. I have seen a few rattlers going for water...people see them all over even in theri front yards. They call the Sheriff or whomever and they come out and move them about 50 feet from where you found them, put them under a bush and tell you they can't live anywhere else and don't mess with them. They leave them right in your front yard. You have to watch out at night or in the morning as you step off your front door. They like to curl up right under the steps. Ran into that too.

I have been stuck in many places in AZ. Done some rescuing too. You find out who you are when you are alone, your boat is on land after they drained the water out of the lake overnight, and then you wake up staring at the hot sun. Been in the 120's/...damn hot and deadly. Camped out for months on all the rivers. Trekked over land, and traded with the Indians. Saw the mountain lions, havalina's, rattlers, wild burros, coyotes, other snakes, wildcats, and a few other critters. None of them are as dangerous as people say. Just watch out for that damned cholla...that stuff is mean as hell.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#57360 May 24, 2013
LOL, I remember when Peoria was all cotton fields and Cattle ranches out in the country. There was one sheriff in the entire town, a friend of the family. I was asked to be his deputy but I told him I didn't want to be no cowboy stuck in the desert. I remember you had to check the car wheels in the morning to make sure no snakes were sitting on them looking for heat, because when you backed out of the driveway the snakes would be in your yard. My mom had a Mercury Marquis at the time and one day she started her car up and chopped up a good size rattler. We had a Grapevine in the back yard that the rattlers liked to climb in. I saw the old house three years ago when I was there, and man, did it look small.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#57361 May 25, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
LOL, I remember when Peoria was all cotton fields and Cattle ranches out in the country. There was one sheriff in the entire town, a friend of the family. I was asked to be his deputy but I told him I didn't want to be no cowboy stuck in the desert. I remember you had to check the car wheels in the morning to make sure no snakes were sitting on them looking for heat, because when you backed out of the driveway the snakes would be in your yard. My mom had a Mercury Marquis at the time and one day she started her car up and chopped up a good size rattler. We had a Grapevine in the back yard that the rattlers liked to climb in. I saw the old house three years ago when I was there, and man, did it look small.
yep, that is how it was when I was a kid....miles and miles of cotton fields, and mobile home parks. I could live in a MHP no problem. Some great people there...just want some peace and quiet but they also drive Hummers in Sun City...I am talking little old 75 year old ladies with snow white hair driving a full sized black hummer with gigantic tires and yakking up a storm to the lady with blue hair on the shotgun seat. Funniest thing I ever saw. Then you have the ladies buzzing by you with the golf carts like you were stuck in the mud. I have never run into that many rattlers, but Cave Creek is the rattler-capital of the USA. More of them there than anywhere else. A friend of mine used to go to palm springs at night and look for side-winders in the sand. He also spent a year in the jungle cataloging bugs. lol...Hawaii has never even seen a snake. Only fuzzy hamsters in the pet stores there.
Leeward lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#57362 May 25, 2013
Stafford Belgamai wrote:
<quoted text>
Cook is in jail you moron. Are you still sending him your money for those books and tapes?
You are the one who brought him up rich boy,
Americaninfidels Nanny

Phoenix, AZ

#57363 May 25, 2013
I am snottsdale momma hag wrote:
I am an azzhole. Born out of a donkey-mother and ate donkey shyt my whole damn life. I am a failure of a queerbait liberal gray-haired hag of an old crispy woman that is named Gertrude. Nobody fks me anymore. iN fact they never did. I am ugly and am full of warts on my tongue and ass. My boyfriend lives in a magazine and I like it. My mother tried to abort me but couldn't so I became the deformed child reject under the stairs. I am so damned ugly my butt is better cooking than my face is. If you can call it a face. I eat shyt off the curb everyday and then lick the toilet bowl after everyone uses it. A few fries and flies tops it off with some piss.
Yup, I am a rednecked queer-bait old hag of a no-teef granny that smells like a sacofshit. It is good to eat and I crap it all over my ugly face everyday cause I am so lonely I stink like shyt.
More rich boy talk
from the financially free La guru.

At least it's better than hearing the droning stories of time gone by, by these two wankers.
snottsdale skank

Canyon Country, CA

#57364 May 25, 2013
Americaninfidels Nanny wrote:
<quoted text>
More rich boy talk
from the financially free La guru.
At least it's better than hearing the droning stories of time gone by, by these two wankers.
More skank ho talk
from the wanna-be loser w/o any friends
who stalks people who laugh at opie

must be tough being you
Leeward lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#57365 May 25, 2013
Yo Sh! 4 Brains...how many days until Sheriff Joe brings out his next 'smoking gun'.

ttp://www.latimes.com/news/nat ionworld/nation/la-na-joe-arpa io-20130525,0,1561448.story

I have connections so as to get you more pink underwear from Tent City.
snottsdale skank

Canyon Country, CA

#57366 May 25, 2013
hey shit4yourass...you mom is suking the whole town off and telling everyone you came from a black man!

Is you black?
Leeward lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#57367 May 25, 2013
Who should we thank for your rich boy vernacular. WIll you tell us your language mentor. Please include book and page number.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#57368 May 25, 2013
Fox News' Erick Erickson talking about the tornado ravaged Midwest:

"Someone please keep Pat Robertson away from the TV cameras for a few days."

The fanatical drunkard didn't heed the common sense advice.

Robertson said "the storm's victims were to blame, asking, why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen? If enough people were praying he would've intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms."
Leeward lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#57369 May 25, 2013
I tell my renters that if I never see or talk to them I will probably forget to raise rent.

What do you think of that La guru?

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#57370 May 25, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, that is how it was when I was a kid....miles and miles of cotton fields, and mobile home parks. I could live in a MHP no problem. Some great people there...just want some peace and quiet but they also drive Hummers in Sun City...I am talking little old 75 year old ladies with snow white hair driving a full sized black hummer with gigantic tires and yakking up a storm to the lady with blue hair on the shotgun seat. Funniest thing I ever saw. Then you have the ladies buzzing by you with the golf carts like you were stuck in the mud.
When I was there they didn't make Hummers, we had to watch for golf carts and blue-haired old ladies in white Cadillacs backing out of their driveways without looking. Back then there was a minimum age to live in Sun City, and NO kids allowed, but then some freeloading welfare broad sued the city for "profiling" and it ruined everything. I can't believe we used to shoot pistols in the back yard! There was nothing but desert behind the house. There were a lot of horses, donkeys and llamas in Peoria too, even in Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa, and Tempe. The llamas and donkeys will attack and kill coyotes so they are used as protection for livestock. Some people still have them, I seen them as recently as three years ago. Remember the orange trees that used to line the medians in Tempe and Mese? The yuppies complained so they were all removed. Now, all those towns Suck Ass. Full of California pussies that find everything "entirely unacceptable." They shiyt themselves if they even have to drive through South Phoenix because of the Messcans. Hell, we used to patrol for senoritas in South Phoenix, I love the Messcans, although I couldn't tell you where South Phoenix is by today's standards. Always thought I should've learned Spanish, just for the pussy.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#57371 May 25, 2013
Americaninfidels Nanny wrote:
<quoted text>

Plenty of other threads for you to shyt on, why bother us?
Pau

New York, NY

#57372 May 25, 2013
Pau wrote:
The IRS SHOULD be scrutinizing anyone and everyone applying for 501(c) status. Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Democratic groups were scrutinized too, and one of them was even denied tax exempt status!?
And also to, look at the language of the law. Once you see how it is defined, when the IRS changed the law without congress' approval in 1959, then you'll realize the definition of a right-wing generated conspiracy theory.
And BTW, you're not fooling anyone pretending to be in Texas.
Time for you to give it up. You were outed a long time ago.
"We swear by the almighty Allah."
Beau Toichi

United States

#57373 May 25, 2013
Leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a dummy would start a thread and be the only responder who uses different names to look like its blabble is read and responded to. PATHETIC SICKO
I totally agree!
JRB

Georgetown, TX

#57374 May 25, 2013
Pau wrote:
The IRS SHOULD be scrutinizing anyone and everyone applying for 501(c) status. Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Democratic groups were scrutinized too, and one of them was even denied tax exempt status!?
And also to, look at the language of the law. Once you see how it is defined, when the IRS changed the law without congress' approval in 1959, then you'll realize the definition of a right-wing generated conspiracy theory.
And BTW, you're not fooling anyone pretending to be in Texas.
Time for you to give it up. You were outed a long time ago.
Pau, overzealous (to be nice here) IRS employees applied a targeted, pathetic, unequal, and IMHO illegal standard of "scrutiny" in processing claims for specific groups based on thier conservative or Republican leanings. Anyone who pays taxes (probably the caveat here), should be pissed. The national tax collection institution must be apolitical. For better perspective, let the politcians do thier thing and think like a citizen first.

As far as Texas, and outed, or whatever your meandering mind is cooking...I was inching along in traffic going southbound on Research Blvd/183; rubber necking with cause about 10 minutes after the loser flew his plane into the blue glassed IRS building. Been here a while.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#57375 May 25, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was there they didn't make Hummers, we had to watch for golf carts and blue-haired old ladies in white Cadillacs backing out of their driveways without looking. Back then there was a minimum age to live in Sun City, and NO kids allowed, but then some freeloading welfare broad sued the city for "profiling" and it ruined everything. I can't believe we used to shoot pistols in the back yard! There was nothing but desert behind the house. There were a lot of horses, donkeys and llamas in Peoria too, even in Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa, and Tempe. The llamas and donkeys will attack and kill coyotes so they are used as protection for livestock. Some people still have them, I seen them as recently as three years ago. Remember the orange trees that used to line the medians in Tempe and Mese? The yuppies complained so they were all removed. Now, all those towns Suck Ass. Full of California pussies that find everything "entirely unacceptable." They shiyt themselves if they even have to drive through South Phoenix because of the Messcans. Hell, we used to patrol for senoritas in South Phoenix, I love the Messcans, although I couldn't tell you where South Phoenix is by today's standards. Always thought I should've learned Spanish, just for the pussy.
lol...that is funny. They put out too...then the babies come popping out and they want your money. No dice for me on those jail-baiters. When did you live there?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#57376 May 25, 2013
Leeward lolo wrote:
I tell my renters that if I never see or talk to them I will probably forget to raise rent.
What do you think of that La guru?
go fk yourself
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#57377 May 25, 2013
got some strong smelling OBOT's in here that are deflectors and flak. Ain't gonna work you trolls. obama is going to implode soon. Every week more comes out on this commie. We timed it just right to have him ruin 2014 and 16 for you. We can take him out of office at will now by investigatng everything.

Proof is in the fact that the dems are silent. A few more months of this and they will want him out asap.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#57378 May 25, 2013
Spoken like a true crusader of the Peggy Noonan way of thinking.

In the end, you'll see that no laws were broken. Just an overwhelmed government agency that is now being "SCRUTINIZED" by micro-managing Republicans in an attempt at political gain.

It is surely correct that many conservative taxpayers were audited. But liberals, with stats to back it, more so.

In 2012, the IRS conducted just shy of 1.5 million audits out of 144 million individual income tax returns. It is estimated that about 380,000 conservative voters were audited last year, as were about 480,000 liberal voters.

The arguments thrown about on the the entertainments waves carry no substance since most are completely avoiding the language of the law. But the goal is too feed the appetite of the lunatic fringe. And it's been a successful feast.

And I stand by my thinking...You're not in Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the city liable? 40 min cog sam 7
Handsome Men of Hawaii (Mar '08) 43 min cog sam 158
Poll Alice has worms. (Apr '10) 4 hr Boto Man 269
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 12 hr Prince Of Darkness 3,461
Dogs in Hawaii Grocery Stores, in Carts-NoHeal... Fri Joe Balls 13
Bwa ha ha ha (Feb '16) Thu Eli 15
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) Aug 23 Snore 4 481

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance