Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62126 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#55428 Mar 22, 2013
Guru, employee problem yesterday. The "casual hire" I've had for the last week asked for his daily pay in advance, yesterday morning, so I gave him half his pay at 0900, At 1600 I paid him for the day, and he asked me where the rest of his pay was. LOL, He didn't show up today, but one of my guys thinks he stole some tools when he left. I don't know what he took, I'd have to inventory everything and I'm too lazy to do it. I'll figure it out when I can't find something. Too bad, he was turning out to be a good worker, but I guess that's why he's unemployed in the first place. I've run into this attitude before, they work for a day and think they're the boss. A man thirty years old and acting like a spoiled brat. Go figure. Oh well, it took me a half hour to replace him, now he has nothing. Besides, he couldn't speak good English even though he's American. Garbled Pidgin is the best he could muster and couldn't snap out of it.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55429 Mar 22, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> NO, I plant Guava so people can harvest the fruit. Takes a little more care, but the results taste delicious. I don't plant anything non-edible. The city is planting Ficus everywhere in their cementing-over of Oahu, but they must have found a way to keep roots in check. More likely a democrat politician owns the company that rebuilds sidewalks.
lol!!!
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#55430 Mar 22, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Meanwhile, the unemployment rolls are higher than ever and people are losing their homes. Michelle laughs and says, "Let them eat cake."
Obama's Jihad against the Americans enters another phase
R%ain at your house?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55431 Mar 23, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Guru, employee problem yesterday. The "casual hire" I've had for the last week asked for his daily pay in advance, yesterday morning, so I gave him half his pay at 0900, At 1600 I paid him for the day, and he asked me where the rest of his pay was. LOL, He didn't show up today, but one of my guys thinks he stole some tools when he left. I don't know what he took, I'd have to inventory everything and I'm too lazy to do it. I'll figure it out when I can't find something. Too bad, he was turning out to be a good worker, but I guess that's why he's unemployed in the first place. I've run into this attitude before, they work for a day and think they're the boss. A man thirty years old and acting like a spoiled brat. Go figure. Oh well, it took me a half hour to replace him, now he has nothing. Besides, he couldn't speak good English even though he's American. Garbled Pidgin is the best he could muster and couldn't snap out of it.
Interesting...

this is the new left mentality....actually it has been there forever. They have this warped thinking that they need help and you, because you work hard and are successful, are not "sharing and caring" with/for them. You see this in everywhere now...in schools especially, when the "good kids" that are successful and do their work, need to for some reason, stop doing that and help the kids who don't do their work for whatever reason. The school systems will put low-medium- high learners in one room and force the high achieving learners to teach the low level kids as "their duty". The education model is to teach to the middle, and forget the best. The other nations laugh at this. But not here. So these morons are brought up that way from birth now. Being successful is "bad", and "hurts" others who can not/will not work hard. They are supposed to stop their development, and not be successful as it is "unfair" and makes the less accomplished kids "feel bad". Therefore, the good kids need to stop doing this and limit themselves down to a lowest common denominator so that we can all be the same. This mentality immediately jumps to mind when I read your story here.

Your "worker", will only work for a day, then wants to be paid in advance, then resorts to stealing as working hard is "too hard and not fair". So he steals in order to "get even" with you, and to "get back" at those who are "keeping him down". The rescuer trying to help becomes the victim. He steals, and complains rather than excel.

TRUMP said this is a major problem for him in NY. He says they will cheat you every time unless you stay on them all the time. he hires guys who do just that, and has guys to watch over them. If you want a job for TRUMP, you will give him the best price there is, and you will get the privilege to work for him, and you will get paid and he will be loyal to you. Business is the closest thing there is to a good marriage. Even the law recognizes that. Business that develops between guys that is on trust and honesty for both is worth gold to both. You never cheat on your partner as cheating on him is cheating on your self and your family, ultimately. In this way, both guys prosper and grow. It is a great relationship second to none.

The way I would approach these guys is to high a few and tell them that you want them to work hard and you will use them again. Loyalty is everything in business.

The dems, as much as they want to "win", never realize that honesty and loyalty will always win over cheating, lying, forgery, and a self-serving attitude. Because of this, they realize that they never got where they are by being honest, or having character. Instead, they want to play politics. obama is a classic example. Nobody believes what he does or says. Even the morons who voted for him are realizing this now. Israel laughs at him. So does Russia, China, and everyone that isn't in his ever-closing little circle of cronies.

This is seen everywhere now.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55432 Mar 23, 2013
EXAMPLE: here is a guy who thinks society "owes him" something, and he is going for every penny he can extract from YOU.

"Biden's One-Night Paris Hotel Tab:$585,000.50...

$459,388.65 Hotel Bill in London..."

...he is breaking Michell's record's now.

...don't forget...obam/biden are both looking our for the little guy out there. Hoiw do you know? Because he told you so.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55433 Mar 23, 2013
...before every civilization's breakdown, just like Rome, the elites at the end took OUT as much as they could right before the crash. Gold, silver, land, food, things, etc...they took it all and rewarded themselves in excess. They had convinced themselves that you owe it to themselves and they deserved it because they are greater than you. While the world looks at Armageddon, these guys are living it up. It is happening just about everywhere right now.
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#55434 Mar 23, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
R%ain at your house?
Meaning RAIN. Getting lots here.
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#55435 Mar 23, 2013
Guru wrote:
...before every civilization's breakdown, just like Rome, the elites at the end took OUT as much as they could right before the crash. Gold, silver, land, food, things, etc...they took it all and rewarded themselves in excess. They had convinced themselves that you owe it to themselves and they deserved it because they are greater than you. While the world looks at Armageddon, these guys are living it up. It is happening just about everywhere right now.
On C2C was said that elites hate the roachboy for stopping Keystone pipeline as lots of $$$ in it for them and muzzie wants its people to get richer.
Bet you roachboy and beast think they are elites. lololol
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55436 Mar 23, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
On C2C was said that elites hate the roachboy for stopping Keystone pipeline as lots of $$$ in it for them and muzzie wants its people to get richer.
Bet you roachboy and beast think they are elites. lololol
...and now biden the clown does too. How do you spend $1M in 2 nights at a hotel? obama is a temporary puppet. They need him for something...probably to give the banks more of our money. Just think lolo...he will be living in Hawaii someday for good. If not Hollywood.

barf!
leeward lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#55437 Mar 23, 2013
The desperate losers are on a full fledged sob fest. Must be spending all that hard earned food stamps on tissues.
You should be glad that you were born in a time where we let you constantly wimper aloud.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55439 Mar 23, 2013
no way this was a meteor...http://baltimore.cbsl ocal.com/2013/03/23/nasa-flash -in-east-coast-sky-likely-a-me teor/
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55440 Mar 23, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
The desperate losers are on a full fledged sob fest. Must be spending all that hard earned food stamps on tissues.
You should be glad that you were born in a time where we let you constantly wimper aloud.
...the rain. lol!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#55441 Mar 23, 2013
...dems now want to tax the internet

"SENATE'S FIRST BUDGET -- IN FOUR YEARS!
Signals support for Internet sales tax..."
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#55442 Mar 23, 2013
Guru wrote:
...dems now want to tax the internet
"SENATE'S FIRST BUDGET -- IN FOUR YEARS!
Signals support for Internet sales tax..."
Topix has me back in Mililani.(not Scottsdale where my imposter seems to be getting cheap thrills being me)
Politicans have been wanting to tax internet for years but cannot figure out how.
leeward Lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#55443 Mar 23, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Meanwhile, the unemployment rolls are higher than ever and people are losing their homes. Michelle laughs and says, "Let them eat cake."
Obama's Jihad against the Americans enters another phase
What phase is the Joey Jihad against the downtrodden islanders?
leeward Lolo

Phoenix, AZ

#55444 Mar 23, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix has me back in Mililani.(not Scottsdale where my imposter seems to be getting cheap thrills being me)
Politicans have been wanting to tax internet for years but cannot figure out how.
Who wouldn't believe that topix moved you. Waianae doesn't want your long list of criminal complaints that are forthcoming.

Scottsdale does accept half and half beings. So if there are any more Real Lolo's out there. Let it rip!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#55445 Mar 23, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
R%ain at your house?
On and off, just enough to mess up a car wash and make mud on my tractor tires so I have to wash the street down.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#55446 Mar 23, 2013
leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
What phase is the Joey Jihad against the downtrodden islanders?
Downtrodden? Just plain lazy is more like it.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#55447 Mar 23, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the new left mentality....actually it has been there forever. They have this warped thinking that they need help and you, because you work hard and are successful, are not "sharing and caring" with/for them. They are supposed to stop their development, and not be successful as it is "unfair" and makes the less accomplished kids "feel bad". Therefore, the good kids need to stop doing this and limit themselves down to a lowest common denominator so that we can all be the same. This mentality immediately jumps to mind when I read your story here.
Your "worker", will only work for a day, then wants to be paid in advance, then resorts to stealing as working hard is "too hard and not fair". So he steals in order to "get even" with you, and to "get back" at those who are "keeping him down". The rescuer trying to help becomes the victim. He steals, and complains rather than excel.
Chapter Two: He came back this morning, just as predicted. Wanted an advance on his pay again. I'm a sucker and gave it to him because he's not a bad worker, just a little goofy. He tells me on the fifth he'll receive his $600 welfare check so I asked him how he managed that. He told me he's mental. I asked why and he responded, "I have a problem with authority, I don't like working, and I don't like being told what to do." I said, "Damn, I should be on welfare too then. I've had bosses all my life." So this guy is thirty years old and I'm going to be supporting him as long as I live? What a racket!
Guru

Phoenix, AZ

#55448 Mar 23, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>Downtrodden? Just plain lazy is more like it.
Mahalo! I bet a fifty that word would be included in your reply. About time i start making money off your foolishness.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Alice has worms. (Apr '10) 1 hr Malia 266
Handsome Men of Hawaii (Mar '08) 4 hr Mandy 138
Dogs in Hawaii Grocery Stores, in Carts-NoHeal... 5 hr Deb 4
News Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) 12 hr HbH 556
News Senate panel OKs a shorter extension for rail tax (Mar '15) 13 hr HbH 9
News Tourists sue Crocs footwear, Waikiki hotel over... Mon Francine 6
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) Mon Hatti_Hollerand 3,460

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance