Okino nixed for anti-gay remarks

Jan 26, 2013 Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser 69

At a City Council Executive Matters and Legal Affairs Committee on Tuesday, Okino told members querying him on his nomination that I have no tolerance for homosexuality and that gay people are in danger not only spiritually, but physically.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Goodbye ObamaCare”

Since: Mar 09

Hello Impeachment time

#1 Jan 26, 2013
Since when do you get punished for speaking the truth??...Oh right, when youre in an anti free speech backward thinking fcked up Democrat run state.
Honky redneck

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jan 26, 2013
He should've said gays are the greatest thing since toothpaste. He would've got a raise and a promotion. Go figure.
alice

United States

#5 Jan 27, 2013
My Neil will ensure that the constitution is followed, especially the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment. Go Neil! Go Barack!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Since when do you get punished for speaking the truth??...Oh right, when youre in an anti free speech backward thinking fcked up Democrat run state.
That's the problem..It wasn't the 'truth'. When a person gets appointed to a public office, that's what you do..represent ALL of the people, not just some of them because you're bigoted against the rest. It was good they kicked his ass to the curb. That's the problems with republican'ts, they only want to serve a select few that can add to their bank accounts, cry free speech while trying to silence everyone else! Typical hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
One looks for impartiality in a potential Appeals Board member.

That is the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever heard pout of Hawaii.

Here's the rest of the story ...

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20715183/o...

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8 Jan 27, 2013
These people are going to learn, just like the racists before them, that this kind of speech is not appropriate in public and will not be tolerated by the public.

"Freedom of speech" means you can't get arrested for it. It doesn't mean society can't shun you for it.
Dwight

Fremont, CA

#9 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Welcome to liberal queer loving America. Our economy is in the toilet but who cares as long as we're nice to queers.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Dwight wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to liberal queer loving America. Our economy is in the toilet but who cares as long as we're nice to queers.
We don't care if degenerates like you are nice or not. It's about basic equality. Got a problem with that? Try Iran.
The printer

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Dwight wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Dwit i'll print you some buggy stickers for your buggy, Queers for Beers,
Klaus

Berlin, Germany

#12 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Under a democratic, liberal, sissy government, those who speak the truth are silenced.
The printer

Honolulu, HI

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Klaus wrote:
<quoted text>
Under a democratic, liberal, sissy government, those who speak the truth are silenced.
Must of been reading your old fatherland books. Such glad you little detsches united your east and west. Must be marvelous now.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Klaus wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny.

Piss off.

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
It's not the truth, of course. That's the point. And spreading evil and lies about taxpayers in your state is a good way to get yourself in hot water.

As it should be.

Woodford, VA

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Klaus wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that all Republicans don't know the difference between lies and the truth?

Most of those that I know, do.

I guess you don't.

Woodford, VA

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Dwight wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't we "be nice" to all law-abiding, taxpaying, productive citizens?

“Goodbye ObamaCare”

Hello Impeachment time

#18 Jan 27, 2013
What he said was right on the money but Oblahblah and the Demoncrats have turned this country upside down to where right is wrong and speaking the truth doesn't matter anymore.

“Goodbye ObamaCare”

Hello Impeachment time

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Klaus wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!

“Goodbye ObamaCare”

Hello Impeachment time

#21 Jan 27, 2013
alice wrote:
My Neil will ensure that the constitution is followed, especially the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment. Go Neil! Go Barack!
The 14th amendment was created for blacks and slavery it has absolutely nothing to do with Homosexuality. Everyone has equal protection under the Constitution, homos want special protection, special rights, special laws to accommodate their CHOSEN lifestyle.

MY party will fight to strengthen and maintain the traditional family which is the foundation of our country.

“Goodbye ObamaCare”

Hello Impeachment time

#22 Jan 27, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person gets appointed to a public office, that's what you do..represent ALL of the people, not just some of them because you're bigoted against the rest.
Says who? He's also supposed to tell the truth...but then you liberals don't care about the truth, do you?

We'd rather have someone who tells the truth instead of a lying POS like the one you put in our WH.

“Goodbye ObamaCare”

Hello Impeachment time

#23 Jan 27, 2013
I think Americans want leaders who tell the truth like Okino not one who lies just to muster some votes and maintain power like the lying fraud in our WH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LIFE on MARS? 9 hr Guru 17
Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) 13 hr Guru 61,926
I Leeward Lolo am taking on all comers (Jun '14) 13 hr Jack 13
Joe Arpaio and Guru Both Are Both Present Day Q... 13 hr Jack 2
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... (Jan '14) 14 hr Jose Un Ko 1,650
CUBA vs HAWAII! 18 hr Sunshine 13
Memories of old Honolulu are still sweet 19 hr gnjmaletta 1
Honolulu Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Honolulu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Honolulu News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Honolulu

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News