$10.00 Plate lunches

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#1 Sep 2, 2014
WTF??

Remember when plate lunches were 5-7 bucks??
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#2 Sep 2, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
WTF??
Remember when plate lunches were 5-7 bucks??
I had a plate lunch the other night, Seafood platter. It was $ 11 and it sucked, but at least I wasn't paying. Nowadays I go to Sam's Club and buy a Salmon Steak or Rotisserie Chicken from their deli for less money and it tastes a whole lot better. Two scoops of rice and macaroni I can do without.

Since: Feb 12

Waipahu, HI

#3 Sep 2, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
WTF??
Remember when plate lunches were 5-7 bucks??
I am old enough to remember when you could buy a good plate lunch for a dollar. LOL!

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#4 Sep 4, 2014
Bakatari wrote:
<quoted text>
I am old enough to remember when you could buy a good plate lunch for a dollar. LOL!
$1.00 plate lunches.....That's about as rare as a smart liberal nowadays.

Ridiculous $10.00 plate lunches is the result of an out of control taxmongering Democrat regime that overtaxes the businesses who then pass on the cost to we the consumer.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#6 Sep 4, 2014
Guru wrote:
Just go to Yummy's in Ala Moanna and get the mini-chicken plates with veggies and etc. It is huge, and you will forget Rainbow or any other place. Try it and tell us what you think. Bet you a condo at TRUMP you will love it!
I HATE the word, "veggies." It's as bad as other dumb shit you hear all day. " Awesome", and my favorite, " the N word", LOL, Guru, you talk like a liberal puss again and I'll have you shot. You sound like Alice, Gawdammit.
.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#9 Sep 4, 2014
Guru wrote:
but then again....even the ROCK calls them veggies. lol!
AWESOME !
District 1

Kihei, HI

#10 Sep 7, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
$1.00 plate lunches.....That's about as rare as a smart liberal nowadays.
Ridiculous $10.00 plate lunches is the result of an out of control taxmongering Democrat regime that overtaxes the businesses who then pass on the cost to we the consumer.
The chili plate at Rainbows used to be nicknamed the Dollar Chili Plate. We used to hide $2 in our Vans, boogie board all morning at Queen's or Publics, then walk to Rainbows for Dollar Chili Plate and Coke, and still have bus fare to get home.
Days. Those were them.

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#11 Sep 7, 2014
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The chili plate at Rainbows used to be nicknamed the Dollar Chili Plate. We used to hide $2 in our Vans, boogie board all morning at Queen's or Publics, then walk to Rainbows for Dollar Chili Plate and Coke, and still have bus fare to get home.
Days. Those were them.
Wow, you must be old. LOL

Rainbows used to give a lot more rice than they do now..

Geez, when even Rainbows is being skimpy you know this liberal economy is bad.
District 1

Kihei, HI

#12 Sep 7, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you must be old. LOL
Rainbows used to give a lot more rice than they do now..
Geez, when even Rainbows is being skimpy you know this liberal economy is bad.
Growing up in the 70s. Yes. Old.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#13 Sep 7, 2014
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing up in the 70s. Yes. Old.
LOL, In the 70's union truck drivers made around $6 an hour, and rents were in the $500 dollar range.
popolo

Honolulu, HI

#14 Sep 9, 2014
1964 ...Rainbows opens for business Chilli plate 69 cents Hamburger steak 79 cents

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Occupancy limit (Jun '08) 1 min Mikey13 15
News Hawaii sues Trump over immigration ban 1 hr Waikiki murders 10
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 370
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 3 hr _Zoey_ 430
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 3 hr Waikiki murders 613
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 3 hr Waikiki murders 1,580
Bwa ha ha ha (Feb '16) 5 hr Ruth Chris 40

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages