Top honor goes to isle soldier - Hawa...

Top honor goes to isle soldier - Hawaii News

There are 27 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 28, 2009, titled Top honor goes to isle soldier - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Anthony Kahoohanohano, killed in the Korean War, will be awarded the Medal of Honor after years of lobbying By Gregg K. Kakesako POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Oct 28, 2009 Return to Paginated View For nearly a decade, George Kahoohanohano has lobbied Congress to win recognition for his uncle Anthony Kahoohanohano, who died during the Korean War after ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
In Memory of Veterans

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 28, 2009
Anthony Kahoohanohano died during the Korean War after killing 13 enemy soldiers -- two with a shovel -- as he covered the withdrawal of his squad.

That's what you call "guts."

It is a quality shared by many who serve this Great Country of ours in our darkest hour of need, on the field in combat, facing any enemy who seek to destroy us.

In this account, the bestowing of this Nation's highest honor is befitting, as Pfc. Kahoohanohano not only brings pride and honor to His Family, but also the Veterans of the past, present and future.

Our Ft. DeRussey War Museum houses and represents many of the Veterans and their Memoriablia from WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam conflict.

Earlier erected down the other side of Waikiki Beach is our WWI Natatorium National Memorial.

Thank God out going mayor hanneman will not be able to destroy the Ft. DeRussey War Museum in a manner hanneman seeks now to destroy and rip out the WWI Natatorium National Memorial.

Pfc. Kahoohanohano gave his all for America.

However, hanneman immigrated here and wants to destroy a part of America by tearing down our Natatorium, and it looks like hanneman wants to honor his German heritage (and Samoa that was a former German Protectorate during WWI, when America defeated Germany.)

America is defended by folks like Kahoohanohano, that gave his all.

It does not belong to immigrants like hanneman masquerading as a Hawaiian, that wants to destroy a part of the memory of Veterans of WWI.
Wordsmith

Kaneohe, HI

#3 Oct 28, 2009
it's all politics (PERIOD)...this doesn't really matter to anyone at all..what a waste of time and energy. Dead is dead.
kailua

Mesa, AZ

#4 Oct 28, 2009
as a vietnam vet. i think you did a get job..
Bogey1

San Diego, CA

#5 Oct 28, 2009
Obama will do the honors for a deserving hero, at the same time dishonors all Americans with the new stamp he directed the Postal Service to release commemorating the Muslin Holdays.
Alan Cummings

Port Angeles, WA

#6 Oct 28, 2009
Why does it dishonor Americans? Personally, I(and more than likely tens of millions of other Americans)couldn't care less. The ONLY people it will offend are narrow minded, bigoted jackasses like yourself(who dare to call themselves patriots). Remember, THIS IS AMERICA, and people other than rabid right wing waspish bigots live here
Kook

Maunaloa, HI

#7 Oct 28, 2009
Upset about "Muslin" holidays, Bogey1 ???
Well, it is a very nice fabric...
Mililani Commuter

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2009
Wordsmith wrote:
it's all politics (PERIOD)...this doesn't really matter to anyone at all..what a waste of time and energy. Dead is dead.
How did you come to the determination that this is "all politics"? This man sacrificed his life to save his fellow soldiers. It's not a waste of time and energy to recognize his ultimate sacrifice. The only question is why did it take so long? You obviously have not been in combat to understand this hence your sorry a$$ remark. You know bud, the world doesn't revolve around you.
Shameful

Honolulu, HI

#9 Oct 28, 2009
Wordsmith wrote:
I agree and what makes it worse is obamaladin doing this cheesy political stunt while he turns his back on the soldiers in Afganistan now. How two faced can you be?
Molo

San Diego, CA

#10 Oct 28, 2009
I'm teed off. All these A holes who posted political opinions of Hanneman and Obama when writing about a long delayed award for Kahoohanohno make me sick. There are other threads for that. Idiots!!!!

THIS story is about a war hero getting his due. stick to the subject.
Stand Up

Honolulu, HI

#11 Oct 28, 2009
What a tremendously honorable Hawaiian man Anthony Kahoohanohano is. He is way better than Kahanamoku,Naope,and anybody else. We should erect a statue in his name at whatever new war memorial or beach that gets built to replace the natatorium. Best Hawaiian of all!
Jersey boy

New York, NY

#12 Oct 28, 2009
Truly amazing were the heroics of this 19 year old. Many men were able to grow old because of his sacrifice. While it would be great if these things were done more timely; perhaps it is timely to do this now so that we can appreciate what other 19 year olds are still doing to keep it safe back home where people can debate such trivial matters as politics.

Since: Feb 09

Honolulu, HI

#13 Oct 28, 2009
if Kellogg is the Marine i'm thinking of, he's a retired Sergeant Major, not a Gunnery Sergeant.

huge difference in rank.
Kona

Fair Oaks, CA

#14 Oct 28, 2009
This hero should be honored with the highest award due him. I thank him for his service and sacrifice What a brave man Mahalo George. D. Gradle CMS Retired
Well deserved

Kailua, HI

#15 Oct 28, 2009
This is an act deserving of the Medal of Honor. What an amazing man and a role model for people. As for Wordsmith: "go copulate yourself" you are a true rectum. It matters to those left behind that the heroic actions of this man are acknowledge by his country. I imagine you have never done much of anything with your life except be a bitter, miserable rectum.
smilingbob

Honolulu, HI

#16 Oct 28, 2009
Molo wrote:
I'm teed off. All these A holes who posted political opinions of Hanneman and Obama when writing about a long delayed award for Kahoohanohno make me sick. There are other threads for that. Idiots!!!!
agree 110%!!
wendell

United States

#17 Oct 28, 2009
As a former Vietnam War grunt, I'm in awe of his valor and sacrifice. I'm glad he's finally gotten his due honor.
Just checked

Kailua, HI

#18 Oct 28, 2009
jhb3043 wrote:
if Kellogg is the Marine i'm thinking of, he's a retired Sergeant Major, not a Gunnery Sergeant.
huge difference in rank.
The website for the Congressional Medal of Honor recipients lists:
KELLOGG, ALLAN JAY, JR., Gunnery SergeantU.S. Marine Corps Vietnam War you can see all of the recipients here and read their amazing stories:www.cmohs.org

Great reading to see what true heros are.
America

Honolulu, HI

#19 Oct 28, 2009
Molo wrote:
What? Bother you?

Hanneman is aiming to destroy a WWI Memorial for those who died, just like Pfc. Kahoohanohano.

And you don't like that criticism of Hanneman? Too bad.

This is America, lolo... I mean, molo.

You can start your own thread. Beat it.
Molo

San Diego, CA

#20 Oct 28, 2009
America wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Bother you?
Hanneman is aiming to destroy a WWI Memorial for those who died, just like Pfc. Kahoohanohano.
And you don't like that criticism of Hanneman? Too bad.
This is America, lolo... I mean, molo.
You can start your own thread. Beat it.
That's right bruddha. What's it to you?

I don't care about Hanneman or Obama.

This story is about Kaho'ohanohano and only Kaho'ohanohano.

If you're too stupid to have read the story to have seem that, then F off. You must think you're a toughie or something, eh?
Raider

Mililani, HI

#21 Oct 28, 2009
As for Wordsmith: "go copulate yourself" you are a true rectum. It matters to those left behind that the heroic actions of this man are acknowledge by his country. I imagine you have never done much of anything with your life except be a bitter, miserable rectum

+1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commenting on "Protesting Blacks" is Off Limits... 56 min Go Blue Forever 240
An Uncontested Divorce after 33 years 3 hr District 1 Nievity 14
Waianae Joe Balls Is the lone voice from the We... 4 hr Joe Balls 14
History, Will Celebrate What A Great President... 4 hr District 1 Nievity 21
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 hr District 1 Nievity 2,927
News Obama Attends Memorial for Grandmother (Dec '08) 7 hr Joe Balls 73
Build The Rail 9 hr Boots on the Grou... 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages