Overpriced Ghettos, Cold Realtors, Cr...
Fortado the Bananna Stud

Canyon Country, CA

#21 Mar 8, 2014
Curious Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have a million dollar apartment or house in Hawaii and still see a cockroach, it's the state bird.
Yes, you can get a mortgage in another state, but then you won't be in Hawaii.
I don't believe half the homes rented in Hawaii are rented by coke dealers, as you assert. Can you back that up?
If you don't pay a nickel of your money, who are you mooching off of ?
No worries. The TopiX trolls in here are all full of hatred for themselves for voting for Obama and taking his lousy advice. Now they are really broke. They know the gravy train is almost over for his minions that are now useless eaters that have no job and can't get an apartment. You see them all over the low wall in Waikiki.
Curious Harry

Honolulu, HI

#22 Mar 9, 2014
Fortado the Bananna Stud wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. The TopiX trolls in here are all full of hatred for themselves for voting for Obama and taking his lousy advice. Now they are really broke. They know the gravy train is almost over for his minions that are now useless eaters that have no job and can't get an apartment. You see them all over the low wall in Waikiki.
They are all over Craigslist complaining too. "No-one will rent me a condo in Waikiki for $100 a month !"
Leward lolo

Pearl City, HI

#23 Mar 9, 2014
Property manager wrote:
<quoted text> I don't charge for credit checks, but I DO profile bigtime. You wouldn't get past the front door.
The deadbeats have multiple names. I turned some of my rentals over to agents whio get a higher price which makes up for their cut. Nice just having to walk to mailbox for rent checks.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#24 Mar 9, 2014
:))

...good management is worth it's weight in gold lolo.
Yooso Stoopido

Honolulu, HI

#25 Mar 9, 2014
Leward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
The deadbeats have multiple names. I turned some of my rentals over to agents whio get a higher price which makes up for their cut. Nice just having to walk to mailbox for rent checks.
Waianae says it all. As in: Why I nae pretend to be a slumlord? making money off of borderline tear down rentals, when I really have section 8 housing and collect welfare paid by the gov. All while posting fiction on topix.
Yooso Stoopido

Honolulu, HI

#26 Mar 9, 2014
Guru wrote:
:))
...good management is worth it's weight in gold lolo.
If you put your so called good management in one hand and did a big doo doo in the other. Which one would weigh more?
ice head

Honolulu, HI

#27 Mar 9, 2014
Leward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Me like your mailbox too!
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#28 Mar 9, 2014
Yooso Stoopido wrote:
<quoted text> Waianae says it all. As in: Why I nae pretend to be a slumlord? making money off of borderline tear down rentals, when I really have section 8 housing and collect welfare paid by the gov. All while posting fiction on topix.
Section eight can be a money-maker, and they are not slums. The tenants tear them up, and the government rehabs them at taxpayer expense. That is why foreigners prefer them. The government generally overpays.
Cholrox Bird

Mililani, HI

#29 Mar 10, 2014
One of those ;-)
Property Manager

Honolulu, HI

#30 Mar 10, 2014
All you deadbeats are the same. Always looking for a handout. I tell the stupid tenants that there is no need to show up for the court date when they don't pay the rent when given the first notice. I don't want them to find out about the 45 day extension to move out. After awhile if they still haven't paid, here's what we do. I always tell them some story, for example, we're going to negotiate with the owner to get them more time to pay. That's when I ask them if they are still at home, if they say yes, the sheriff drives up and kicks them out. Since they only have 20 minutes to vacate, I take all their belongings and sell them on ebay and craigslist. What suckers! works like a charm. THEY ARE DUMB!!! Thanks for the free furniture and big screen TV's, idiots.
local warrior

Honolulu, HI

#31 Mar 10, 2014
Property Manager wrote:
All you deadbeats are the same. Always looking for a handout. I tell the stupid tenants that there is no need to show up for the court date when they don't pay the rent when given the first notice. I don't want them to find out about the 45 day extension to move out. After awhile if they still haven't paid, here's what we do. I always tell them some story, for example, we're going to negotiate with the owner to get them more time to pay. That's when I ask them if they are still at home, if they say yes, the sheriff drives up and kicks them out. Since they only have 20 minutes to vacate, I take all their belongings and sell them on ebay and craigslist. What suckers! works like a charm. THEY ARE DUMB!!! Thanks for the free furniture and big screen TV's, idiots.
Nuttin' but a chump talking false story.
Good Renter

Honolulu, HI

#32 Mar 11, 2014
Ice Head Ave wrote:
Several students went undercover recently to find out some amazing facts when looking for rentals in Honolulu.
Many property managers looked worn out while showing krappee ghetto rentals. Many had no social skills when greeting prospective tenants. Many seemed unfriendly and preoccupied on the phone during showings.
All were sticklers for credit checks on properties that have been listed many times over. Some walkups even had their own built in chronics hanging out during the day on nearby balconies.
Hey Property Managers!!!!!!!! Learn some customer service skills, ease up on the credit checks and lower your prices for your substandard rentals, or they will sit on the market longer and lose the owners even more money.
I'm a renter with triple "A" credit. I could rent a high end apartment with no problems. The reason I don't, is because I'm saving my money to buy a house. I'm looking for more affordable areas on the mainland where the money goes further. If a property manager is too preoccupied on the phone during showings, then why do you allow yourself to be disrespected? This is a reflection on the management company. If they don't care about potential customers, then they don't care about their tenants when it comes time to fix something. Time is money, if you are wasting your time on these people, then it's on you. Just saying.
More Likely

Honolulu, HI

#33 Mar 11, 2014
Good Renter wrote:
<quoted text> I'm a renter with triple "A" credit. I could rent a high end apartment with no problems. The reason I don't, is because I'm saving my money to buy a house. I'm looking for more affordable areas on the mainland where the money goes further. If a property manager is too preoccupied on the phone during showings, then why do you allow yourself to be disrespected? This is a reflection on the management company. If they don't care about potential customers, then they don't care about their tenants when it comes time to fix something. Time is money, if you are wasting your time on these people, then it's on you. Just saying.
More likely you have a AAA Automobile Card. Nobody hangs on topix with "triple A credit". Or if they did they don't brag about it.
Just sayin

Honolulu, HI

#34 Mar 11, 2014
Good Renter wrote:
<quoted text> I'm a renter with triple "A" credit. I could rent a high end apartment with no problems. The reason I don't, is because I'm saving my money to buy a house. I'm looking for more affordable areas on the mainland where the money goes further. If a property manager is too preoccupied on the phone during showings, then why do you allow yourself to be disrespected? This is a reflection on the management company. If they don't care about potential customers, then they don't care about their tenants when it comes time to fix something. Time is money, if you are wasting your time on these people, then it's on you. Just saying.
The person is rude, plain and simple. If someone talks on the phone while I'm trying to do business with them, I walk out and take my money elsewhere. I don't mind a quick few words, but any more than that and I'm gone. I won't stand for it and apply it to family and friends too. It's a simple matter of manners and respect.
Buy REAL ESTATE NOW

Canyon Country, CA

#35 Mar 11, 2014
You ain't seen nuthin' yet folks! CA is going nuts, and that will be coming to your state next!!
Dont Buy In CA

Honolulu, HI

#36 Mar 12, 2014
Buy REAL ESTATE NOW wrote:
You ain't seen nuthin' yet folks! CA is going nuts, and that will be coming to your state next!!
I agree that you ARE nuts. California had low sales tax before the B.A.R.T train. Then it skyrocketed to 8 and half percent over the years. Hawaii will be the same with RAIL. Once the train is built they will stick it to Hawaii residents with more sales and property tax. I know where the best real estate to buy is, but I'm not going to advertise it and be followed. California and Hawaii will be losing it's smart real estate investors, as they move to greener pastures. You don't fool us Guru. People aren't stupid. Those buyers won't stay when their outgo is more than their income.
Goo Fool

Honolulu, HI

#37 Mar 19, 2014
Slumlords Gone Wild wrote:
<quoted text> FOR YOU:
Top Ten Count Down to do List for Greedy Slumlords
Number 10, Have first tenant clean entire apartment, keep the full deposit, use it to buy plastic pink flamingos to decorate outside the office living quarters.
Number 9, Have the beautiful bombshell dancer kicked out, sniff her left behind panties, then dress in drag to resemble the lead transvestite in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Number 8, Have old ladies kicked out, steal false teeth, sharpen them and use them for vampire teeth on Halloween.
Number 7, Spray paint over mold in shower, save time and give the next tenant the impression that it's made from marble.
Number 6, Put vinyl flooring over rotten wood floors, the tenant won't know that they have a sunken living room, until they have a kids birthday party.
Number 5, Duct tape a metal plate to the bottom plate on the avocado green refrigerator from the 70's, that way it hides the wire sparks, if the place burns down, collect the insurance.
Number 4, Make sure the sink pipes flow openly underneath the building, that way you can replenish the thirst of the hungry rats with the gushing water, right after they bite the tenants dog's tail.
Number 3, Tell the tenants you wont raise their rent, but you sure would like to have the fancy rims off their cars and trucks.
Number 2, Tell the hot blond on the second floor that you'll patch her roof, if she marries your ugly and slow in the head, crackhead brother named Jimbo..
And the number one top ten count down to do list for greedy slumlords is:
Kick out all of the tenants, tear the walls out between apartments, and make one single large home for all your inbred cousins that you hide from the building inspector, immigration, your parole officer and the police.
Riot! lol! Don't forget to keep a Dr. Evil shark tank with a drop floor. You don't want unwanted visitors exposing your business. LMFAO!
Ben D Over

Honolulu, HI

#38 Mar 19, 2014
Alice wrote:
<quoted text> Section eight can be a money-maker, and they are not slums. The tenants tear them up, and the government rehabs them at taxpayer expense. That is why foreigners prefer them. The government generally overpays.
There is only a very limited amount of section 8 housing on the island. Many families wait many years. Don't hold your breath. Don't expect to upgrade from your cardboard box anytime soon.
Hawaii tenant

Honolulu, HI

#39 Mar 20, 2014
Ben D Over wrote:
<quoted text>There is only a very limited amount of section 8 housing on the island. Many families wait many years. Don't hold your breath. Don't expect to upgrade from your cardboard box anytime soon.
Most section 8 tenants are low-esteem women with children, yet they violate the rules by moving some lazy house dick in with them, then her and the kids lose section 8 and scream about how unfair life is to them.
Fact

Honolulu, HI

#40 Mar 21, 2014
Ice Head Ave wrote:
Several students went undercover recently to find out some amazing facts when looking for rentals in Honolulu.
Many property managers looked worn out while showing krappee ghetto rentals. Many had no social skills when greeting prospective tenants. Many seemed unfriendly and preoccupied on the phone during showings.
All were sticklers for credit checks on properties that have been listed many times over. Some walkups even had their own built in chronics hanging out during the day on nearby balconies.
Hey Property Managers!!!!!!!! Learn some customer service skills, ease up on the credit checks and lower your prices for your substandard rentals, or they will sit on the market longer and lose the owners even more money.
Property managers typically take ten to twenty five percent off the rental price for their cut. Be rest assured that they will almost always find suckers to ripoff. This is one reason why the rental market is artificially high, especially if you're looking to rent anywhere in town. If you can work with a private owner it's better. I haven't met one yet, who won't take several months upfront rent in cash. Also, many people rent rooms if you had to, plus it's cheaper sometimes too. Keep in mind that there are good and bad room mates, so do your homework and ask questions. Either way you eliminate all the BS with the middle men and the regulations of the American banking cartel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 20 min Leeward Outlier 714
Would you like to be a moderator on your own fo... 1 hr District 1 69
Trump or Hillary 1 hr Joe Balls 90
Outing the Main TROLL on the Honolulu Topix Forum 2 hr district 1 shower... 28
Big Island DUI Arrests UP,, You Lose with BOOZE... 9 hr District 1 18
Are Big Island Motorists Too Big To Wear Their ... 23 hr District 1 5
Outing the Main Troll on the Honolulu Topix Forum Tue District 1 29

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance