Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Several students went undercover recently to find out some amazing facts when looking for rentals in Honolulu.

Many property managers looked worn out while showing krappee ghetto rentals. Many had no social skills when greeting prospective tenants. Many seemed unfriendly and preoccupied on the phone during showings.

All were sticklers for credit checks on properties that have been listed many times over. Some walkups even had their own built in chronics hanging out during the day on nearby balconies.

Hey Property Managers!!!!!!!! Learn some customer service skills, ease up on the credit checks and lower your prices for your substandard rentals, or they will sit on the market longer and lose the owners even more money.
Ha ha on you

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

you have bad credit but you are used to living in neighborhoods with bad cribs.
Property manager

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Ice Head Ave wrote:
All were sticklers for credit checks on properties that have been listed many times over. Some walkups even had their own built in chronics hanging out during the day on nearby balconies.
Hey Property Managers!!!!!!!! Learn some customer service skills, ease up on the credit checks and lower your prices for your substandard rentals, or they will sit on the market longer and lose the owners even more money.
Don't worry about our properties, ok? Worry about paying your rent on time instead.Ease up on credit checks? Why should we? If you don't want a credit check done on you, there must be a good reason. Most college students have already defaulted on their student loans, that's one reason. Another would be that you're a just a deadbeat fly and don't want to get swatted. Once you are in it's hard to get rid of your lame asses, better to weed you out before you even start. Lower the prices? Why? Your liberal government is already deep in our pocket, go cry to them. There is always the shelter.
Omama

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

If someone had great credit they would be renting high end luxury apartments in the first place. The reason for the credit checks is to get the owners to sell when they can't find tenants. The very same people who show ghetto apartments will make money when they sell them. Ice is the number one money maker in Hawaii. Dealers don't need credit because they can afford to pay cash.
Alice

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Property manager wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry about our properties, ok? Worry about paying your rent on time instead.Ease up on credit checks? Why should we? If you don't want a credit check done on you, there must be a good reason. Most college students have already defaulted on their student loans, that's one reason. Another would be that you're a just a deadbeat fly and don't want to get swatted. Once you are in it's hard to get rid of your lame asses, better to weed you out before you even start. Lower the prices? Why? Your liberal government is already deep in our pocket, go cry to them. There is always the shelter.
Wow you must be so proud of graduating from the Joe Balls school on property management. Outstanding. dude The tuition alone must have cost you a arm and leg? Did JB give you discount AI because you are intimate with him in more ways then one?
Ha ha on you

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you must be so proud of graduating from the Joe Balls school on property management. Outstanding. dude The tuition alone must have cost you a arm and leg? Did JB give you discount AI because you are intimate with him in more ways then one?
POST OF THE DAY.....THAT WAS A GREAT ONE.
Undercover Reporter

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Property manager wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry about our properties, ok? Worry about paying your rent on time instead.Ease up on credit checks? Why should we? If you don't want a credit check done on you, there must be a good reason. Most college students have already defaulted on their student loans, that's one reason. Another would be that you're a just a deadbeat fly and don't want to get swatted. Once you are in it's hard to get rid of your lame asses, better to weed you out before you even start. Lower the prices? Why? Your liberal government is already deep in our pocket, go cry to them. There is always the shelter.
Stop bashing the students just because you are an under educated scumlord. You are a greedy little miserable control freak.
You've been charging applicants for years, taking the bread and butter off the table of hard working people by running fake credit checks with no intention of renting to them.
In fact, you make more money from fees running credit checks, then you do from running the sad little roach infested apartments here in town.
If anyone needs to be swatted, it's you. My electric bug zapper is ready to wack your willy for being such a greedy self serving twit.
Another thing. You're just angry because no one will rent your same bug havens that you've been advertising on craigslist every single day.
We will all laugh when you go broke, as you run down the street chased by homeless people ready to cook you for dinner.
Property manager

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Undercover Reporter wrote:
<quoted text>Stop bashing the students just because you are an under educated scumlord. You are a greedy little miserable control freak.
You've been charging applicants for years, taking the bread and butter off the table of hard working people by running fake credit checks with no intention of renting to them.
In fact, you make more money from fees running credit checks, then you do from running the sad little roach infested apartments here in town.
If anyone needs to be swatted, it's you. My electric bug zapper is ready to wack your willy for being such a greedy self serving twit.
Another thing. You're just angry because no one will rent your same bug havens that you've been advertising on craigslist every single day.
We will all laugh when you go broke, as you run down the street chased by homeless people ready to cook you for dinner.
I don't charge for credit checks, but I DO profile bigtime. You wouldn't get past the front door.
Slumlords Gone Wild

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Property manager wrote:
<quoted text> I don't charge for credit checks, but I DO profile bigtime. You wouldn't get past the front door.
FOR YOU:

Top Ten Count Down to do List for Greedy Slumlords

Number 10, Have first tenant clean entire apartment, keep the full deposit, use it to buy plastic pink flamingos to decorate outside the office living quarters.

Number 9, Have the beautiful bombshell dancer kicked out, sniff her left behind panties, then dress in drag to resemble the lead transvestite in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Number 8, Have old ladies kicked out, steal false teeth, sharpen them and use them for vampire teeth on Halloween.

Number 7, Spray paint over mold in shower, save time and give the next tenant the impression that it's made from marble.

Number 6, Put vinyl flooring over rotten wood floors, the tenant won't know that they have a sunken living room, until they have a kids birthday party.

Number 5, Duct tape a metal plate to the bottom plate on the avocado green refrigerator from the 70's, that way it hides the wire sparks, if the place burns down, collect the insurance.

Number 4, Make sure the sink pipes flow openly underneath the building, that way you can replenish the thirst of the hungry rats with the gushing water, right after they bite the tenants dog's tail.

Number 3, Tell the tenants you wont raise their rent, but you sure would like to have the fancy rims off their cars and trucks.

Number 2, Tell the hot blond on the second floor that you'll patch her roof, if she marries your ugly and slow in the head, crackhead brother named Jimbo..

And the number one top ten count down to do list for greedy slumlords is:

Kick out all of the tenants, tear the walls out between apartments, and make one single large home for all your inbred cousins that you hide from the building inspector, immigration, your parole officer and the police.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

lol...hey Rayem....what happened to your $60K homes on Oahu? They should have been here for 3 years now!!!

By Andrew Gomes

POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Mar 07, 2014
LAST UPDATED: 01:56 a.m. HST, Mar 07, 2014

COURTESY DALE F. LESLIE
Sales data from the Honolulu Board of Realtors set for release Friday showed that the median price for condos sold in February reached $359,450 higher than any month previously.

Ads by Google

Hawaiian Shirt Sale Free Shipping. Made in Hawaii. Lowest Prices Guaranteed. www.shirtsofhawaii.com

Skin Care Need To Hydrate Your Skin? Search Cosmetic Centers On Yellowpages.com yellowpages.com

Kate Middleton Photos Stunning Pictures of Princess Kate Middleton and the Royal Family. kate-middleton.stylebistro.com

Oahu's housing market continued its upward march last month, setting a record for condominium prices.

Sales data from the Honolulu Board of Realtors set for release Friday showed that the median price for condos sold in February reached $359,450 higher than any month previously.

Median condo prices on Oahu have been on somewhat of a record-breaking streak, reaching four new highs in the past 13 months. Before that, the peak was $337,300 in May 2008 at the top of the last market cycle for condo prices.

In Oahu's single-family house category, no record was broken last month. However, the median price rose a robust 13 percent to $679,000 over the year-earlier figure of $600,000.

The previous record for the single-family home median sale price was set in June 2007 at $685,000 and was tied in December.

Home prices on Oahu have been on the upswing since 2012, and the gains achieved last month are near projections made by the University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization in August based on factors that include relatively low inventory of homes for sale, low interest rates, a growing economy and rising personal income.

UHERO projected that median prices will rise this year about 12 percent for single-family houses and about 7 percent for condos.

Last month's median condo price was up 6 percent from $340,000 a year earlier....
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Ice Head Ave wrote:
Several students went undercover recently to find out some amazing facts when looking for rentals in Honolulu.
Many property managers looked worn out while showing krappee ghetto rentals. Many had no social skills when greeting prospective tenants. Many seemed unfriendly and preoccupied on the phone during showings.
...you sound like obama.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you must be so proud of graduating from the Joe Balls school on property management. Outstanding. dude The tuition alone must have cost you a arm and leg? Did JB give you discount AI because you are intimate with him in more ways then one?
I would rent to a aardvark before I would rent to an ahole like you. All you would do is bring in fleas and cockroaches and johns with the clap.
Property manager

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Man, people on Topix get nasty real fast. You must be some tenants from Hell and I'm so happy you will never step foot on any property I have anything to do with. You all better live with your parents because there is trouble in your futures.
URA Dork

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Property manager wrote:
Man, people on Topix get nasty real fast. You must be some tenants from Hell and I'm so happy you will never step foot on any property I have anything to do with. You all better live with your parents because there is trouble in your futures.
You have a lot of time on your hands, managing topics posters, instead of properties.
Landlord Jack

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

I only rent to cops. NO problems at all.
Another Dupid Dude

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Landlord Jack wrote:
I only rent to cops. NO problems at all.
We had this conversation before about renting to police and you still remain very stupid.
Screw the popo

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Cop are good tenants, but bad neighbors. They drag down everyone around them.
local warrior

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Screw the popo wrote:
Cop are good tenants, but bad neighbors. They drag down everyone around them.
Quite the opposite youngblood.
Boycott Slum Whoares

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Ice Head Ave wrote:
I would not waste a minute of my time looking at these roach traps, shown by these beetches.
They won't get a nickel of my money. Half the rentals in Honolulu are bug infested rat holes with traffic noise.
The other half are so expensive that you would have to be a coke dealer just to live there.
Listen up! You might as well get a mortgage somewhere in another state, for what you'll pay these scumbags for those walk up dumps.
Curious Harry

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Boycott Slum Whoares wrote:
<quoted text> I would not waste a minute of my time looking at these roach traps, shown by these beetches.
They won't get a nickel of my money. Half the rentals in Honolulu are bug infested rat holes with traffic noise.
The other half are so expensive that you would have to be a coke dealer just to live there.
Listen up! You might as well get a mortgage somewhere in another state, for what you'll pay these scumbags for those walk up dumps.

You can have a million dollar apartment or house in Hawaii and still see a cockroach, it's the state bird.
Yes, you can get a mortgage in another state, but then you won't be in Hawaii.
I don't believe half the homes rented in Hawaii are rented by coke dealers, as you assert. Can you back that up?
If you don't pay a nickel of your money, who are you mooching off of ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Honolulu Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Honolulu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Honolulu News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Honolulu