'Karen's Law' dies - News

'Karen's Law' dies - News

There are 95 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 5, 2009, titled 'Karen's Law' dies - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The daughter of a woman who was allegedly strangled by a teenager is frustrated that a bill to make it easier to try juveniles as adults when charged with first-degree murder has not been approved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Steve

Honolulu, HI

#96 May 6, 2009
bad timing wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have bad timing...everytime I go down there, I only see office staff.
Maybe I go during the lunch hour.
Kind of odd that it drags on from one to five in the afternoon though.
You do realize that we all know you're the same guy posting under different names, right? "like a real job" "get a grip" "hey hey" - all showing from Hana, HI. I don't think there's a huge community of people posting through there all at the same time.

Nice try, moron. You've never been to the Capitol. We all know that now that your big elaborate ruse has been revealed.
Steve

Honolulu, HI

#97 May 6, 2009
Kauakea wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's such exhausting, overwhelming work why do the same people run for reelection until they are old and doddering? Can't be that bad if they keep going back for more.
Like I said, a lot of them work that hard - not everyone does. Overall, most of them do put in some long hours, and really so make the effort. I agree there's still some waste of space, though, ruining it for everyone else.
Steve

Honolulu, HI

#98 May 6, 2009
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that we all know you're the same guy posting under different names, right? "like a real job" "get a grip" "hey hey" - all showing from Hana, HI. I don't think there's a huge community of people posting through there all at the same time.
Nice try, moron. You've never been to the Capitol. We all know that now that your big elaborate ruse has been revealed.
Chuckle....I noticed that, too.
Steve

Honolulu, HI

#99 May 6, 2009
Ha, sorry, that last comment was supposed to be up there responding to Kauakea's comment.
unhappy in 96706

Honolulu, HI

#101 May 6, 2009
get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the lame democrats, as previuosly stated, are willing to torpedo anything a republican puts forth, even if it would improve life for all citizens of this state.
I agree with your last sentence. Vote ALL democrats out....as can easily be seen by looking at a history of the state since they took power, they are the ineffective ones in office.
Ineffective=Kymberly Pine...still waiting for you to tell me what bill she authored or co-authored. There wererepublicans who co-sponsored bills with democrats, none was Pine. Maybe no one wants to work with her because she might just be an idiot.

Democrats will never be voted out...why? because no person in their right mind would want to be associated with the Republican party that has no new ideas with the same failed rhetoric.

Kymberly Pine= Useless
get a grip= lonely republican
get real= stupid republican

Be like Arlen Specter and leave the Dark Side. You owe it to yourself...hahahaha
unhappy in 96706

Honolulu, HI

#102 May 6, 2009
Actually lets make it more local...

Be like Mike Gabbard and Karen Awana and leave the Dark side.

It might not just be Rep. Pine it might just be the Hawaii Republican Party!!!...NOT...it's Rep. Pine she's TERRIBLE!!!
get real

Honolulu, HI

#103 May 6, 2009
unhappy in 96706 wrote:
Actually lets make it more local...
Be like Mike Gabbard and Karen Awana and leave the Dark side.
It might not just be Rep. Pine it might just be the Hawaii Republican Party!!!...NOT...it's Rep. Pine she's TERRIBLE!!!
This issue wasn't about Pine vs. Oshiro. It was about a bill that was killed because Oshiro did not attend the committee meeting to vote on this measure.

Oshiro claimed that the bill was flawed from the beginning and only came forward with this claim after it was made known that he was absent from several meetings on this measure. In other words, he didn't do his job to either help fix this bill if he thought it was worth saving, or put it on record why this bill should be killed and be done with it. Not avoid the issue and then try and explain his absence by making weak excuses and pointing fingers at others.

Same ol' same ol' Plantation Asian Democrat rhetoric!

get real
makalapatomaui

Honolulu, HI

#104 May 6, 2009
the legislators are too busy setting up Oshiro's gay laws and taxing the rich in Kahala to do anything about killing kids.
get real

Honolulu, HI

#105 May 6, 2009
unhappy in 96706 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ineffective=Kymberly Pine...still waiting for you to tell me what bill she authored or co-authored. There wererepublicans who co-sponsored bills with democrats, none was Pine. Maybe no one wants to work with her because she might just be an idiot.
Democrats will never be voted out...why? because no person in their right mind would want to be associated with the Republican party that has no new ideas with the same failed rhetoric.
Kymberly Pine= Useless
get a grip= lonely republican
get real= stupid republican
Be like Arlen Specter and leave the Dark Side. You owe it to yourself...hahahaha
I'm neither a Dem or a Rep. I vote for candidates based on a belief and hope that they will actually make a change for the good for all the people of Hawaii, not based on party affiliation, union endorsments, popularity, or the promise of a free bus ride to the polls and a plate lunch for my troubles.

get real

sad days in Hawaii

Grand Blanc, MI

#106 May 6, 2009
unhappy in 96706 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ineffective=Kymberly Pine...still waiting for you to tell me what bill she authored or co-authored. There wererepublicans who co-sponsored bills with democrats, none was Pine. Maybe no one wants to work with her because she might just be an idiot.
Democrats will never be voted out...why? because no person in their right mind would want to be associated with the Republican party that has no new ideas with the same failed rhetoric.
Kymberly Pine= Useless
get a grip= lonely republican
get real= stupid republican
Be like Arlen Specter and leave the Dark Side. You owe it to yourself...hahahaha
So, with the Democrats controlling both Houses of the Legislature, raising taxes and making cost of loving higher, you are happy about that? Hawaii is a typical liberal state that Will never go anywhere without change...LIke I said before, I hope only bad things in this sad state I USE to call home. I say continue to SUFFER and be MISERABLE because you guys don't know better. You guys blame the Republicans for screwing things up in Hawaii...have you given them the chance to screw things up? No..so why be against them? The Democrats are the ones screwing things up and no one else...and YOU guys are the ones to blame!
sad days in Hawaii

Grand Blanc, MI

#107 May 6, 2009
unhappy in 96706 wrote:
Actually lets make it more local...
Be like Mike Gabbard and Karen Awana and leave the Dark side.
It might not just be Rep. Pine it might just be the Hawaii Republican Party!!!...NOT...it's Rep. Pine she's TERRIBLE!!!
You sound uneducated by your comment..sounds like a kid. I feel sorry for your and by the way, Gabbard and Awana switched parties ONLY to get elected and not because they believe in the values of a Democrat...
sad days in Hawaii

Grand Blanc, MI

#108 May 6, 2009
Candidates and elected officials who switch parties are only in for themselves and no one else...use your brains to think & not your Okole...
sad days in Hawaii

Grand Blanc, MI

#109 May 6, 2009
Hold on a minute lolos! Most are criticizing Rep. Pine for speaking against Rep. Oshiro's dumb thinking? You guys are so for bad things to happen. I will continue to say this: Hawaii deserves everything bad that happens in this state...I mean everything. YOu guys don't deserve anything...How sad...I mean, do you guys read what is written or do you guys just look at the (D) or the (R) and automatically make your comments from there? Brains in the Okole..stop sitting on it brainless people!
sad days in Hawaii

Grand Blanc, MI

#110 May 6, 2009
Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously now. Why does Oshiro "always" has that look like he just got off the golf course? Hair all hamma' jams, dirty and greasy looking? Try get to work sometime and do something right for a change.
That is the problem with YOU people..yup, YOU people in Hawaii. You guys just don't know how to vote at all. Aren't you guys disgusted of yourselves yet? I don't even live there and I am!..about YOU people. I am sooooo content where I'm at...less drama!
Haupia Girl

AOL

#111 May 6, 2009
It is too bad that the law has failed!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(((Honolulu Music Thread))) (Dec '14) 5 hr texas pete 19
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 3,045
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 13 hr Joe Balls 135
Politic 14 hr Hunker down 2
Southern Racist Leads Abuse on Disabled Teen__A... 15 hr District 1 1
How to Fight Fat Shaming, Internet Trolls, and ... 21 hr Aunty Pinkpukapanty 6
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 22 hr Joe Balls 675
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages