Thief picks up car's keys and speeds away - Hawaii News

"The next thing you know, it was gone," said Justin, who asked his last name not be published. Full Story
butt

Seattle, WA

#41 Dec 22, 2009
Insurance scam. The driver conveniently "leaves" his keys on the shelf whilst wearing pocketless pants, so that his accomplice can "steal" the keys within minutes (why's the guy shopping for car stereos anyway if he doesn't have his own car and needed to borrow one?). After waiting a few more minutes, the shopper reports the car stolen, with a corroboration of a sighting by the car's owner (the kid) for extra eyewitness evidentiary boost.

Hope they weren't dumb enough to have opened the policy last week or something.
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#42 Dec 22, 2009
Just so you know, I caught some car thieves red-handed this year. The investigation nabbed a few more career thieves from Maileland housing, and Waianae homeless shelter.
The car is still in impound months later, the thieves were on the street in a couple of days and I see them every day, and the owners are still out a car. Not only is the system broken, we are paying the thieves' rent and feeding them.
alice

Hanalei, HI

#43 Dec 22, 2009
danger lurks out there
whatever

Honolulu, HI

#44 Dec 22, 2009
more ghetto locl mnky theives
Snowden

Marlton, NJ

#45 Dec 22, 2009
David wrote:
Buy some pants with pockets!!
Yeah, especially with all the money he's saving borrowing people's cars instead of buying his own.
spanky

New Almaden, CA

#46 Dec 22, 2009
One full coverage payment cost more then the car.if you think a 1997 bmw is status symbol you not collecting enough cans.
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#47 Dec 22, 2009
spanky wrote:
One full coverage payment cost more then the car.if you think a 1997 bmw is status symbol you not collecting enough cans.
Not to mention most shops won't work on them. Strictly a ghetto hooptie.
Musica lover

Honolulu, HI

#48 Dec 23, 2009
sigh wrote:
This guy has winner written all over his forehead.
Some of this stuff, you couldn't make up if you tried.
Cant imagine the fiancee still wanting to marry him.
What if it was a baby, he would have left it on the shelf too?
He doesnt even have his own car, has to borrow a teens car.
beavis

Honolulu, HI

#49 Dec 23, 2009
butt wrote:
Insurance scam. The driver conveniently "leaves" his keys on the shelf whilst wearing pocketless pants, so that his accomplice can "steal" the keys within minutes (why's the guy shopping for car stereos anyway if he doesn't have his own car and needed to borrow one?). After waiting a few more minutes, the shopper reports the car stolen, with a corroboration of a sighting by the car's owner (the kid) for extra eyewitness evidentiary boost.
Hope they weren't dumb enough to have opened the policy last week or something.
Better yet the article failed to mention that the guy has no drivers license too.
Plain Dumb

Waianae, HI

#50 Dec 23, 2009
What a babooze to leave the keys on a shelf....
loco moco

Rockville, MD

#51 Dec 23, 2009
He goes shopping wearing pants without a pocket. What, where he wen put his wallet den? In his purse? Either that or he puts it in front to look like he get one bigger package. No ack brah.
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#52 Dec 23, 2009
People that borrow don't really care what happens to your stuff. They can't afford their own, and resent those that do have. When you loan out expensive things, you will be taught a lesson that this BMW owner has now learned.
alice

Hanalei, HI

#53 Dec 23, 2009
please be careful out there

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#55 Dec 23, 2009
alice wrote:
please be careful out there
Out there? Are you implying that you are locked up somewhere(the state mental hospital)? You don't have to imply that, we all figured that out for ourselves.
WWAD

Kailua, HI

#56 Dec 23, 2009
alice wrote:
alice lurks out there
Be careful, she's dangerous too!
Ted

Honolulu, HI

#58 Dec 23, 2009
I think Alice's comments are cute. I would do her sight unseen. By the way Alice, I live in Portlock and have a new BMW.
bundy

Honolulu, HI

#59 Dec 23, 2009
Ted wrote:
I think Alice's comments are cute. I would do her sight unseen. By the way Alice, I live in Portlock and have a new BMW.
and his last name is BUNDY
alice

Hanalei, HI

#61 Dec 23, 2009
Ted seems sweet. I do have a fondness for Manoa, Kahala, Portlock and Kailua. East side girl..that is what I am. :)

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#62 Dec 23, 2009
alice wrote:
Ted seems sweet. I do have a fondness for Manoa, Kahala, Portlock and Kailua. East side girl..that is what I am.:)
In other words a "upper class Goldigger/call girl" instead of the trailer trash she really is.
hhhmmmm

Honolulu, HI

#63 Dec 23, 2009
To do:
Detailed background check of everyone involved.
~
Who insured it?
How many vehicles they've insured stolen in how long?
History of vehicle.
~
Taco Bell isn't open 24 hours a day yet the teen was waiting to be picked up early Friday morning.
Just curious what shift he worked.
What time was the alleged theft?
~
A crime of opportunity?
Or an opportunity of crime?
~
(poor kids prolly innocent...ha!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 21 min Guru 2,237
Lava flow 1 hr Guru 39
Har har har har (Apr '14) 2 hr Komm Susser Todd 55
TOP 100 THINGS you should never say to ASIAN girls 4 hr District 1 4
complete obama meltdown in 6 days! 8 hr Joe Balls 31
Michael Brown a Thug Like Trayvon 23 hr District 1 169
Graphene solar paint coming Wed Joe Balls 4
Honolulu Dating
Find my Match

Honolulu People Search