Are 20 Minute Evictions Real?
Real Estate Agent

United States

#125 Jul 19, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> The subject went off track when people that didn't read the story from the beginning started to defend a couple of deadbeat tenants that deserved to be thrown out on their asses.
Was that before or after you stuck your big foot up your azz? You are such an A-hole! no wonder all the readers hate your dammed guts.

The topic is "Are 20 minute Evictions Real?" and you just flunked your first troll test. Now go take your meds and roll over faker!
Gun For Sale

Ewa Beach, HI

#126 Jul 19, 2012
Mahalo to everyone who seemed to judge my posts as mean, nuts, or spam. Having evicted many of you over the years, I look forward to doing so again.

BTW I've found everything from meth labs (which can easily poison you or explode, or burn down the place), to illegal firearms (so safe for you when your drunken neighbor and you start arguing at 3 a.m.), to illegal electrical wiring burnt black from having a/c or other appliances drop-cord wired to 110v outlets--once again, it's not a danger to you or your keiki, right? To a tenant who had 27 outstanding TROs filed at the Courthouse down in Honolulu (nothing like having the court harass folks you don't like, heh), so while we building managers continue to run the gang bangers and the drug dealers and the prostitutes and the thieves out, so that you can keep your property and your friends and your family members safe, some of you still whine--tell you what, if none of these things are a problem for you, there are still a few housing complexes over off King Street that will let you experience all these for a minimal monthly rental fee.

Have fun. Hope your 80 year old Kapuna don't get shook-down robbed or broken into like the punks where doing when I took over my building back in the day.

Landlords are in the business to make money and/or help the community out by providing housing as cheaply as possible. We need more housing, and plenty more CHEAPER housing, but we can't do that until the taxman and the rest of the state get off the landlords' wallets. The additional problems you get with low cost housing just adds to the reluctance of owners to allow their buildings and properties to be used by low income folks.

Still, if HonoluluHale folks be listening, we need to give landlords serious incentives to drop rental prices--ie--land tax breaks that are put against the properties' bottom line.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#127 Jul 19, 2012
Gun For Sale wrote:
Mahalo to everyone who seemed to judge my posts as mean, nuts, or spam. Having evicted many of you over the years, I look forward to doing so again.
BTW I've found everything from meth labs (which can easily poison you or explode, or burn down the place), to illegal firearms (so safe for you when your drunken neighbor and you start arguing at 3 a.m.), to illegal electrical wiring burnt black from having a/c or other appliances drop-cord wired to 110v outlets--once again, it's not a danger to you or your keiki, right? To a tenant who had 27 outstanding TROs filed at the Courthouse down in Honolulu (nothing like having the court harass folks you don't like, heh), so while we building managers continue to run the gang bangers and the drug dealers and the prostitutes and the thieves out, so that you can keep your property and your friends and your family members safe, some of you still whine--tell you what, if none of these things are a problem for you, there are still a few housing complexes over off King Street that will let you experience all these for a minimal monthly rental fee.
Have fun. Hope your 80 year old Kapuna don't get shook-down robbed or broken into like the punks where doing when I took over my building back in the day.
Landlords are in the business to make money and/or help the community out by providing housing as cheaply as possible. We need more housing, and plenty more CHEAPER housing, but we can't do that until the taxman and the rest of the state get off the landlords' wallets. The additional problems you get with low cost housing just adds to the reluctance of owners to allow their buildings and properties to be used by low income folks.
Still, if HonoluluHale folks be listening, we need to give landlords serious incentives to drop rental prices--ie--land tax breaks that are put against the properties' bottom line.
AMEN BROTHER! Prepare to be attacked as a racist. The libs on here resent you because you require rent to be paid. They resent every damn thing and are the biggest crybabies about every damn thing. Have fun with them.
Gun For Sale

Ewa Beach, HI

#128 Jul 19, 2012
I've traveled overseas quite a bit, and I'll never forget my trip to Sydney. Sitting in a pub one night I mentioned the fact that you rarely see homeless on the streets of their city, so I asked the guys, "what do you do with your homeless?"

The guys looked at me with an expression that said it all, and then answered, "we house them."

Touche' Aussies.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#129 Jul 19, 2012
Homeless is one thing, being a brain-addled druggie that's been raised on welfare and thinks you're owed a living in Hawaii is another.
Gun For Sale

Ewa Beach, HI

#130 Jul 19, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
Homeless is one thing, being a brain-addled druggie that's been raised on welfare and thinks you're owed a living in Hawaii is another.
Same old tired argument, bottom line, it's far cheaper to put someone in a room with a bath and shower down the hall than it is to deal with the problems they cause living on the streets--realize it yet? Shelters and other such "stopgap" measures are EXPENSIVE. Simple, single-room housing is far cheaper than the welfare and policing costs you're paying for NOW!
Filmmaker

United States

#131 Aug 16, 2012
Not Urban Legend wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q =20+minute+evictions&ie=ut f-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t& rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official &client=firefox-a
There has been a lot of talk around campus about 20 minute evictions. Somebody said that that this happened to their grandparents, then somebody said that it happened to their Auntie.
As I go out on the weekends, I overhear occasional conversations about how it happened to their best friend, a co-worker and so on.
What is going on here? is this some kind of urban legend? I don't think that it is.
So I Googled the information to see what I would come up. It appears that it happens a lot. Number seven down the list there were some that happened right here in Hawaii.
Has anybody else heard about this? why isn't somebody doing something about it?
It's real. Wait until the film comes out.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#132 Aug 16, 2012
Gun For Sale wrote:
<quoted text> Simple, single-room housing is far cheaper than the welfare and policing costs you're paying for NOW!
The problem is they need guards with asz-kicking authority. The "guests" destroy anything that they can because they are aszholes to begin with. The shelter here in Waianae uses community bathrooms because the dumfucks that live there won't turn off the water faucets. Then, as soon as one person uses the bathroom/shower, it's flooded and shut down until someone can get in to fish out whatever they've clogged the drains with. Takes up to a week to get it cleared. It would be way cheaper to put Porta-potties out at the landfill and let them whoop it up out where we don't have to suffer them.
Gun For Sale

Ewa Beach, HI

#133 Aug 16, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> The problem is they need guards with asz-kicking authority. The "guests" destroy anything that they can because they are aszholes to begin with. The shelter here in Waianae uses community bathrooms because the dumfucks that live there won't turn off the water faucets. Then, as soon as one person uses the bathroom/shower, it's flooded and shut down until someone can get in to fish out whatever they've clogged the drains with. Takes up to a week to get it cleared. It would be way cheaper to put Porta-potties out at the landfill and let them whoop it up out where we don't have to suffer them.
One, I think you confuse houseless with the folks who are mentally ill and have been removed from the now non-existent hospital systems and left on the street, two, no putting port-o-lets at a landfill wouldn't be cheaper, the first case of blood poisoning you treat at the hospital would offset months of housing for multiple people. I know, reality sucks. America chose a path of eliminating mental health facilities back in the 80s, along with steadily cutting out housing for working poor and others--now you have the results. Need proof, how'z the low-cost housing requirements for developers on Oahu working out for ya?

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#134 Aug 16, 2012
I'm not the one that's confused. Whoever let the nuts out on the streets is confused. I'd lock them up where they can't do harm. We can't even let out kids play anymore in most areas. We've got room for them out at Barber's Point, and the landfill is still an option. They'ed have acres to walk around on and could do what they like, just keep them within a fenced area.
big rhonda

Honolulu, HI

#135 Aug 17, 2012
and you belong right there with them. u and your bros could do the oreo cookie dance all nite long.
wrong name dummy

Canyon Country, CA

#136 Aug 21, 2012
big rhonda wrote:
and you belong right there with them. u and your bros could do the oreo cookie dance all nite long.
...you mean big FAT rhonda don't you.
Psycho Drama

Canyon Country, CA

#137 Aug 21, 2012
Gun For Sale wrote:
<quoted text> One, I think you confuse houseless with the folks who are mentally ill and have been removed from the now non-existent hospital systems and left on the street, two, no putting port-o-lets at a landfill wouldn't be cheaper, the first case of blood poisoning you treat at the hospital would offset months of housing for multiple people. I know, reality sucks. America chose a path of eliminating mental health facilities back in the 80s, along with steadily cutting out housing for working poor and others--now you have the results. Need proof, how'z the low-cost housing requirements for developers on Oahu working out for ya?
...all the proof we need is to read one of your totally fk-ed up posts screwball. That shows all we need to know about the psycho's like yourself buddy that escaped the looney bin.
http://theseconddisc.files.wordpress.com/2010...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#138 Aug 21, 2012
Gun For Sale wrote:
The problem you have is the clientele that you cater to. Druggies and career welfare rats cannot be tamed or told what to do. That is not a mental disease, that is the drugs. What do you expect? Money is not the problem, they will never have any. When you run an "F" building you spend all your time on evictions, damages and calling the police. There is no administrative correction that will fix meth brains and alcoholics. Owners can never win that game unless they go into lockdown mode with some heavy security. No way for that to happen, the costs will never be recouped because your tenants are crap and don't pay. The only place that can work is in a decent area, not where you are at. If the city allows the breakdown of society you cannot correct it. They have let that area go for obvious reasons. Leave it to survive. Or else.
Red Queen Leeward Lolo

United States

#139 Sep 4, 2012
Who's been painting my roses red? WHO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED?/Who dares to taint / With vulgar paint / The royal flower bed?/ For painting my roses red / Someone will lose his head.
Guru

United States

#140 Sep 28, 2012
Not Urban Legend wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q =20+minute+evictions&ie=ut f-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t& rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official &client=firefox-a
There has been a lot of talk around campus about 20 minute evictions. Somebody said that that this happened to their grandparents, then somebody said that it happened to their Auntie.
As I go out on the weekends, I overhear occasional conversations about how it happened to their best friend, a co-worker and so on.
What is going on here? is this some kind of urban legend? I don't think that it is.
So I Googled the information to see what I would come up. It appears that it happens a lot. Number seven down the list there were some that happened right here in Hawaii.
Has anybody else heard about this? why isn't somebody doing something about it?
That's alright. You people can keep saying that, but we will keep sweeping it under the rug and say it doesn't exist. We will "OWN" this place and all of you people will be deported. Don't give me any of that, you grew here, we flew here crap anymore.
Storage Wars

United States

#142 Sep 30, 2012
Yeeeeepppppp!

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#143 Oct 1, 2012
There is a "houseless" family that I see every day, yet they own four cars. They never seem to be short of cigarettes either. Just sayin... I just hope they're feeding the baby something other than second-hand smoke.
Gun For Sale

Ewa Beach, HI

#144 Oct 2, 2012
Ya know Joe, when people have nothing, habits like tobacco are a common thing. It's really self-medicating for the pain and depression. Not saying it's good, just that people have always done that kind of thing. The poor shouldn't drink alcohol (but people in dire straights do compulsive things), people in bad situations ought to make good decisions (but stressed out people are notoriously bad at making needed decisions). Cigarettes and bad food are cheap and available--ways out aren't.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#145 Oct 2, 2012
Gun For Sale wrote:
Ya know Joe, when people have nothing, habits like tobacco are a common thing. It's really self-medicating for the pain and depression. Not saying it's good, just that people have always done that kind of thing. The poor shouldn't drink alcohol (but people in dire straights do compulsive things), people in bad situations ought to make good decisions (but stressed out people are notoriously bad at making needed decisions). Cigarettes and bad food are cheap and available--ways out aren't.
I understand all that, but it's hard for me to sympathize with "poor" people that have enough to buy $40 or more for a day's worth of cigarettes and then have the balls to ask me to buy them breakfast, when I can make twenty dollars last two weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 32 min Princess Hey 4,477
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 1 hr Princess Hey 677
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 585
News 9 homeless people get shelter as DOT sweeps con... 1 hr District 1 7
This isn't Barry's America anymore 2 hr District 1 6
Asbestos in Marco Polo 2 hr District 1 5
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 3 hr Joe Balls 2,267

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance