Mark Johnson, Chief of Police

Posted in the Honey Grove Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ricky Caffee

Mccoy, CO

#1 Sep 15, 2009
My wife and I live in Lamar County, five miles from Honey Grove. On 08/03/09, my wife received certified mail from The City of Honey Grove.
One letter was from Nita Baum, owner of a Honey Grove Diner, the other from Honey Grove Chief of Police, Mark Johnson.

Nita Baum states, that my wife was in her establishment on 08/01/09. She describes
my wife's behavior as "disruptive."

The letter from Chief of Police, Mark Johnson,
quotes the penal code. He threstens my wife
with arrest, should she repeat the "disruptive"
behavior. He states that he received the harassment report from Nita Baum, following the
incident on 08/01/09.

Upon reading the letters, my wife calls Chief Johnson. Johnson states that he was aware that Nita Baum's statement was false, when he took her report. He states that he was aware that my wife was not at the Honey Grove Business on 08/01/09.
Johnson refuses to allow my wife to file a complaint, re: false police report. Johnson refuses to remove the false complaint.

I requested the complaint be placed on the
City Council's Agenda, during the next Board
meeting. The instructions were provided
by Mayor Harold Roberts. While making the request, as instructed, Johnson threatened
to arrest me.

My wife sent a detailed letter to all members of City Council, The Mayor, and City Hall. She received a letter, signed by Mayor Roberts. The letter states that the accusations are serious, but will not be placed on the City Council's Agenda. He stated that she could attend open forum at tonight's City Council Board Meeting.

Misconduct of the Chief of Police only
warrants open Forum discussion?
Concerned

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2009
What time is the meeting at the City Hall today???
Honey Grove

Wilmer, TX

#3 Sep 15, 2009
I am sorry could not have this placed on the agenda. You should have been able too. Citizens have the right to have items placed on the agenda.
Concerned

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2009
Mr Caffee, I feel your pain. My advice to you is to get an attorney.
anonymous

Mccoy, CO

#5 Sep 16, 2009
Does anyone know what happened at the Council meeting? I have a family member who works with
Mr. Caffee's daughter at Fast Lane. That person said that after the council meeting, the daughter's hours were cut to 12. The person said,
that she was on the schedule for 30+ hours at 6 p.m., schedule was changed by 9 p.m. Council meet-ing was at 7:00 p.m.

I was told that the agenda was denied, but the Caffee's were allowed to speak. If they presented acts unbecoming an officer, the mayor and council have to take action against Johnson.
Jessica Bellows

Sherman, TX

#6 Sep 17, 2009
Well just to let all of you know when there is a report made it must be filed. That is part of the law, if you can't even look that up maybe you shouldn't be complaining about things. Chief Johnson has been a police officer, as well as a chief, for many years and would not threaten to arrest someone. If he says that you can be arrested he is being nice about it by not arresting you. Action will only be taken if complaints are warranted.
concerned

Austin, TX

#7 Sep 17, 2009
1. Brad Lester was released from Lamar
County 2 months early. Compliments of
Scott Cass. Caffees have a lawsuit against
Lamar County in Federal Court.

2. Brad is married to Holly of Fast Lane.

3. Rick Caffee's child works at Fast Lane.

4. Johnson did not defend himself, nor did
anyone else defend him.

5. Caffee's wife was not at Baum's place of
business. Therefore, the report is false.

6. The place was packed when Johnson threatened
to arrest Rick Caffee. I encourage you
to ask Joey Rickman and others (including
me).

7. Letters can be scanned. At least 10 people
have the letter.

8. Johnson has been in law enforcement for
years. That is what makes this so criminal.

9. Johnson should be locked up for stupidity.
He thought Ms. Caffee would accept a "re-
write" of his threat?

10.Last I heard, there is no plan to sue the city.
But I do think action will be taken against
Johnson. We cannot afford a lawsuit "now."

*Thelma Lou should dump Barney (Johnson).

Jessica Bellows

Bonham, TX

#9 Sep 18, 2009
concerned, if you are so concerned then why didn't you put your name? No one can ask you a question if you don't put a name. I am defending Mark Johnson, I have known him for 26 years and he is a very hard working honest person who goes out of his way to help people. Whoever is bashing him really must have nothing better to do. Even if the woman wasn't on the property in which the report concerns as a business owner she has the right to refuse to serve anyone she chooses. Mark Johnson is not stupid, but for anyone to waste anymore time on this is. Last and final words to you concerned, all it takes is a phone call to find out who you are and slander is serious.
Just so U NO

Paris, TX

#10 Sep 19, 2009
The Caffees are currently involved in SEVERAL lawsuits and are constantly looking for new people, establishments, family, neighbors, work associates and friends to make miserable. Ms. Caffee has quite the reputation. You'll be surprised what one might learn. My best advice for any and all is to RUN if you are in their company.
Ricky Caffee

Mccoy, CO

#11 Sep 20, 2009
If you have done nothing wrong, you cannot be sued. So my advise to you, be careful of whose crimes you attempt to cover up.

We presented proof to the city council, of Johnson's abuse of authority.

I am not afraid to put my name on anything I say to anyone. Anyone who wants to read the letters, ask to see them at City Hall. The letters should be a matter of public record.

Run, if you do have something to hide.
Ricky Caffee

Mccoy, CO

#12 Sep 20, 2009
Jessica Bellows wrote:
concerned, if you are so concerned then why didn't you put your name? No one can ask you a question if you don't put a name. I am defending Mark Johnson, I have known him for 26 years and he is a very hard working honest person who goes out of his way to help people. Whoever is bashing him really must have nothing better to do. Even if the woman wasn't on the property in which the report concerns as a business owner she has the right to refuse to serve anyone she chooses. Mark Johnson is not stupid, but for anyone to waste anymore time on this is. Last and final words to you concerned, all it takes is a phone call to find out who you are and slander is serious.
First, Ms. Bellows of Ponca City and Sherman, I am posting my name. Johnson must be pretty stupid to issue a criminal trespass warrant to someone he knew was not at the "sandwich sack." I went to City Hall on instructions of the Mayor, to be put on the Council meeting agenda. While speaking to Jaci Garner, Johnson did engage in a heated discussion with me. During this discussion, he did say that he would arrest me. I asked on what grounds? Johnson stated, "public disturbance." Garner, who is the city secretary, stated she was not going to put me on the agenda, and the council would not do anything, anyway. She said that if I wanted to, I
could write a letter to the mayor. Yes, Joey Riokman and several others were witness to Johnson's outburst.

Councilman, Andy Lane, stated that it was the Mayor's decision, to place items on the agenda.
Mayor Roberts then stated that Jaci Garner gave him "her" reasons our issues would not be placed on the agenda. So, who is running the city??
Honey Grove

Euless, TX

#13 Sep 20, 2009
hmmm....from what I know about City Hall, the secretary runs the "City Business". She doesn't live in Honey Grove, but yet she decides the budget, tax rate, and even makes the decisions as to what is put on the agenda. Don't know why the city council allows her to run the city, but they do. Amazing, isn't it?
Ricky Caffee

Mccoy, CO

#14 Sep 22, 2009
Yes it is amazing. I found it interesting, that she was involved in the recent "grant proposal." During the last city council meeting, the first presenter stated, "The way it looks now, you are not getting your grant." According to Garner, the grant had already been approved.

When Chief Johnson lied about my wife being disruptive in a local business, he tampered with a federal investigation. Johnson admitted that he knew Ms. Baum's statement was false, when he took her statement. He stated that he "needed" the criminal trespass warning to stand, against my wife. The criminal trespass documentation was to be used against my wife in an "active" federal investigation. False documentation to be provided by Chief Mark Johnson.

During the Council meeting, my wife stated that she did not know Baum and had only met with Johnson on one occasion. She described Johnson as pleasant. For Johnson, this was not personal, it was business.

Councilman Andy Lane (son of Rosie Lane) asked my wife what she wanted to occur. She stated, her original request had been to file charges regarding the false report. Her original request had been denied by Chief Mark Johnson.

She also stated that she had attended school in Honey Grove, was fond of the community and the people. The only individuals who mentioned possible litigation: Jaci Garner.

Garner: "The mayor did not write the letter, the attorney did. Mayor Roberts just signed it."
IKNOWYOU

Mccoy, CO

#15 Sep 22, 2009
Just so U NO wrote:
The Caffees are currently involved in SEVERAL lawsuits and are constantly looking for new people, establishments, family, neighbors, work associates and friends to make miserable. Ms. Caffee has quite the reputation. You'll be surprised what one might learn. My best advice for any and all is to RUN if you are in their company.
Hey you! Recognized your posts! Should we pass
go and collect $200? Think I will pass on your advice. The only one's not in their company
are called "Defendants."
Ricky Caffee

Mccoy, CO

#16 Sep 23, 2009
CITY OF Honey GROVE
“Sweetest Town in Texas”
September 2, 2009

CERTIFiED MAIL NO.
RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED

Rebecca Caffee
P.O. Box 57
Petty, Texas 75470

RE: Letter Dated August 22, 2009

Dear Ms. Caffee:
I am in receipt of your August 22, 2009, letter wherein you request to be placed on a City Council agenda “to present evidence of official misconduct” against Honey Grove’s Police Chief; Mark Johnson. Such an accusation is serious and the City takes such allegations seriously. We have provided your letter to our attorney.

At every City Council meeting, we have an item listed as “Public Forum” wherein we invite members of the public to provide comments to the Mayor and City Council. If you choose, you can provide comments to the City Council during the “Public Forum” section of our City Council meeting. The next scheduled City Council meeting is September 15, 2009, at 7:00p.m.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Harold Roberts
Mayor

cc: Jaci Garner, City Secretary

“The City of Honey Grove is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”
Honey Grove

United States

#17 Sep 25, 2009
If an item is placed on the agenda, the City Council has to take action on it. They can vote on it or table it, but they have to do something whereas if it is open forum they don't have to take action.
agree

Mccoy, CO

#18 Sep 25, 2009
Honey Grove wrote:
If an item is placed on the agenda, the City Council has to take action on it. They can vote on it or table it, but they have to do something whereas if it is open forum they don't have to take action.
Exactly. Johnson was called on his conduct. He did not deny his actions, and the Mayor and council refused to take action.

Why would Johnson and Baum make an accusation, against a lady, who lives in another county? And why did Johnson need her to have a criminal trespass warning on her record?

I don't know the reason, but something is strange about this deal. And we lost a grant, after Caffee confronted the council?? Who approves a grant to a City.....The State. Interesting.

And why was Lane doing all the talking? Since when is BBS quiet?? Maybe all did not agree with the decision?
agree

Mccoy, CO

#19 Sep 25, 2009
Why didn't Johnson accuse Ms. Caffee of Murder or theft?? If you are going to lie, go big. After all, he admitted she was not at the the scene.

He and Baum belong in an episode of "Dumbest Criminals."
Honey Grove

United States

#20 Sep 25, 2009
I'm confused. What would the Caffee's situation have to do with getting a grant for a jackhammer?
PEE MY PANTS

Paris, TX

#22 Sep 27, 2009
Hahahahahahahahah!!!!! That there is funny!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honey Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fannin Co. Jail Thu Fannin Follies 3
Who's The Best Running Back Bonham's Ever Had? (Dec '09) Thu Fannin Follies 249
Lesbian Motorcyle Club in Bonham Apr 22 Anonymous 5
Bonham schools sued Apr 21 Reality Bites 19
Football field lights and gym Apr 19 Anonymous 5
New High School Apr 18 Anonymous 12
Coach Nick Jones Apr 18 Bob 20

Honey Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance