Review: Honesdale Family Health Ctr -...

Review: Honesdale Family Health Ctr - Lawrence Stepczak MD

Posted in the Honesdale Forum

Upset Patient

Hawley, PA

#1 Jul 26, 2010
I have been a patient of Dr Stepczak for over a year now. There are few others in this town, so I stuck with him.

I have a chronic debilitating physical illness, diagnosed by more than one other physician before I moved here. Dr Stepczak ignores my diagnosis completely everytime I go.

Today I went for my check up, as I do every few months, and he would not listen to a word I said. I have several new scary symptoms of my disease and he would not even let me talk about them. He accused me of only wanting pills and raised his voice at me. I held back my tears and let him tell me that its all in my head and that I need to seek mental help.

This is not the first time I had a bad experience with him.
My husband was appalled when he sat in with me one day and Dr Stepczak made misogynistic remarks to my face.

I will never go to this man again. His attitude towards his patients, towards women, is despicable! It may be fine in his home country of Poland, but NOT HERE IN THE USA!!
anonymous

Mountain Top, PA

#2 Apr 14, 2011
I did NOT care for this doctor either. Can't understand a work he is saying and I agree with everything the patient above me wrote. We dont need doctors like him around here!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honesdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Charity Cars Website looking for Local Car... (Nov '10) Aug 24 appreciation16 3
camp toloa (Mar '10) Jun '16 Bob Sherman 25
Dunedin (Jun '06) Apr '16 Joanie K NY 55
Old Site of Camp Shawnee (Aug '06) Feb '16 George Curtis 871
News Family Searching for Answers After Son is Shot ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Susan Hull 1
Dunedin, Brian Kelly (Dec '14) Nov '15 terri 2
News Tough Times Hit Shelter (Oct '10) Apr '15 someone who sees ... 9

Honesdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honesdale Mortgages