Review: 5th Ave Hair Color Studio-Spa

Posted in the Honesdale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truly Disappointed

Pittston, PA

#1 Feb 23, 2010
I was recently to this so called spa and will never go there again....I waited 30 minutes for my scheduled appointment. Then I was only given 45 minutes instead of the 60 mins that I paid for. Then when i went to pay they attempted to charge me more despite the special that was posted outside. When the woman tried to clarify the price with the manager she apparently did not realize i could hear her and referred to me as a name that was very demeaning. She maybe thought it was cute but I didnt. There was a complete lack of customer service and professionalism at this " SPA" that is supposed to give you a New York Feeling. The only feeling that I got was one of complete disappointment. Don't waster your time on this spa!!!

Mahanoy City, PA

#2 Mar 24, 2010
I was also at this so called spa color experts place
and I could not believe the unprofessional way I was
treated.I also overheard some very upsetting remarks
from one of the owners that our area and people suck. I
will not be back and I don't know how they think they can treat people in this manner!

Since: Apr 10

Honesdale, PA

#3 Apr 17, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this Spa. Not only is my hair perfect when I leave, I get highlights/lowlights. I usually treat myself to a pedicure or a massage. I can honestly say, that all the different services that I have had, at 5th Avenue, have been wonderful. I am always treated like I am the queen for the day. The Salon and Spa are beautifully decorated. I especially love the pedicure room. When I leave there, I feel happy, beautiful and calm, That's worth it to me!

Hawley, PA

#4 Apr 18, 2010
We all must realize that everyone is different and so is every place.You can go to a park and over hear something you don't like, are you not going to go to that park again. I really enjoy going to this spa. The service is great, and the people there are very friendly. My advise is to go there yourself and see.

Honesdale, PA

#5 Apr 19, 2010
I never feel comfortable in any spa. I checked this one out and felt completly relaxed. I didn't get that feeling it was just for women. The staff treated me as if I was a regular customer the first time I walked in. I have been back a few times and never heard any bad remarks from the staff (and I'm a mess) I recomend this spa to everybody and people come back to me and tell me they loved their experience.Give them a try you wont be sorry
Rex Margolet

Honesdale, PA

#6 Apr 19, 2010
I was never treated so well as I am when you get your tratments performed.It is about time someone actually can style hair around these parts.I love the massages.I recall the latin flare,although its gone as well as the happy endings when they first opened.There is always so much more anytime you go there, you feel you have arrived. BRAVO !

Honesdale, PA

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Finally a spa where men are treated like men, and women are treated great too. My wife and myself will be returning

Hawley, PA

#8 Apr 20, 2010
This is the first spa that I have been at where I could spend all day and get what I paid for. The prices are fair and the services are great. There is nothing that this shop doesn't offer. They also offer great party packages for all age groups. Trust me you will love this shop check it out yourself,you won't be disappointed.

Hawley, PA

#9 Apr 20, 2010
This spa is the best that I have ever been to. I went in for a manicure,pedicure, and facial, and left feeling relaxed and beauitful. The staff there are kind and treat each person as though they were the king or queen. Each person can get as much and whatever kind of drink you want and for speical holidays even do meals for couples. Try this spa out and won't be disappointed

Hawley, PA

#10 May 6, 2010
I don't agree with ANYONE that is leaving good comments about this place, my experience was absolutely HORRIBLE their. I will NEVER EVER return their again and none of my friends of family will ever go their again either. It's pretty sad when I go their to get my hair colored and they make me sit their for over 3 hours, while they're doing other peoples hair or eating or gossiping in the back and they don't even come to check on me or my hair. Everything about this place is HORRIBLE, I would NEVER EVER recommend this place to anyone!

Honesdale, PA

#11 May 13, 2010
Not a professional place at all. I was there the other day and a little girl was getting her nails done with her mother. The staff used very vulgar language in front of the little girl many times. They sit down stairs and I guess they don't think anybody can hear the way they bad mouth everybody.The staff is nice to your face but as soon as you leave they talk about you. I could just imagine what they said when I left.

Hawley, PA

#12 Jul 30, 2010
i loved the place i just moved here and i felt like i was back home i feel all the bad comments are from people with no class that just do not like change the salon staff and nice and care how you feel not how they feel its all about you when you are there hare color takes a long time so why should thay not work around you? its a great place i never herd them say anything about the locals i have said stuff but the people of honesdale do not like you if you were not born here that how then make people feel that are not from here oh well the place is great prices are right service's are outstanding judge for your self not by what people with no class thinks me and my family love it there its way nicer and cleaner then the spa down the block that smells like mold where they stick you in the dungen to get a pedicure and the owner is very nice and just wants to please her clients and plus i have never had nicer hair i went from black to blond in one day appple day spa broke my hair off in 10 min!! i love 5th avenue congrats to a great spa that stands up to its name

Luzerne, PA

#13 Aug 13, 2010
I was here on vacation and needed to get a few services. Lets just say when I walked out I had to walk into Apple Day Spa and fix EVERYTHING I had just paid for. Yes, that's right I was unhappy with the end results and they didn't even give me a discount to compensate for there mistakes! However, Apple Day Spa was more than willing to make me feel human again and also gave me a fair price knowing I just paid a small fortune at 5th Ave. I will never go there again and that is there lose because my family visits PA often and we were looking for a spa. I can't believe the unprofessionalism of there staff!!!

Lake Ariel, PA

#14 Aug 19, 2010
I was searching the area for a hair colorist that was able to fix the botched color I had somewhere else and they were FANTASTIC. For the past year I had been going to "professional" colorists and my roots always looked either lighter or red. Teresa was able to finally fix my hair so it looks great. I also have very course, curly and frizzy hair and she did a great blow dry so it looks totally straight. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. I am originally from New York and they were better than most of the salons I went to in NY. They are also perfectionists. Great find.
def no apple day

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2010
Apple day spa is a horrible place, expensive and dirty, the downstairs dungeon is scary and the ladies do not apreciate the clients
never go there

Hawley, PA

#17 Dec 28, 2010
The people who posted good stuff on here are friends, or employees of the people in the spa. Its bad when you have to have employees or friends go on here and say good stuff about your crappy place. Backstabbing, two-faced, unprofessional, and very slow. it took 3 hours to do my nails and then they were messed up anyway. I came home and took them off!!

Hazleton, PA

#18 Jan 2, 2011
I went for 2 massages at this place and both times were not good. The 1st woman who massaged my neck actually hurt it and the 2nd time I went another woman massaged me and didnt even give me the full hour i was supposed to get! When I asked for a glass of water she told me to go across the street to the gas station-she said they have bottles of water there. I hope this place goes out of business soon. WE DONT NEED YOU HERE!!!!

Hazleton, PA

#19 Jan 2, 2011
And I tell everyone i know not to go there! I cant stand that place!!!
very pleased

Lackawaxen, PA

#20 Feb 26, 2011
My visit to this salon was a very positive experience. For the very first time in many years, I've found a stylist that listened and offered excellent advice.
Theresa is a great stylist and I'll trust her for my future visits. She's the first ever that didn't attempt to hack off my hair with a razor blade.
Humor in the workplace is great, too. They're human, not robots. Other places I've been to through the years have razored my hair, left uneven trims (3+ inches hacked off is not a "trim"), overpermed leaving broken and severely damaged hair along with chemical burns. One even applied acrylics leaving chiclet looking stubs for "nails". That same place was one of the most disgusting, dirty places I've ever been in. Hair in corners along the floor that you could tell was there for a long, long time. Some other local day spas are pushing products at you to make their sales quota.
I have to laugh at some of the comments above. Some of the very stylists you're describing might very well be employed at the other spas one day and may even be servicing you. Keep in mind, stylists move around. If you have a problem, don't post anonymous b.s. but face the owner with your complaints and see if it can be corrected.

Kingston, PA

#21 Mar 16, 2011
I did face the owner and she was snotty and fresh to me!!!! I think "very pleased" works for this spa!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honesdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homicide Charges Against Mother, Daughter Sent ... (Apr '07) Sep 30 FREE sex 1,937
Free Charity Cars Website looking for Local Car... (Nov '10) Aug '16 appreciation16 3
camp toloa (Mar '10) Jun '16 Bob Sherman 25
Dunedin (Jun '06) Apr '16 Joanie K NY 55
Old Site of Camp Shawnee (Aug '06) Feb '16 George Curtis 871
News Family Searching for Answers After Son is Shot ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Susan Hull 1
Dunedin, Brian Kelly (Dec '14) Nov '15 terri 2

Honesdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honesdale Mortgages