Mother And Daughter Accused In Murder...

Mother And Daughter Accused In Murder Plot Return To Court

There are 21 comments on the PAHomepage.com story from Jun 13, 2007, titled Mother And Daughter Accused In Murder Plot Return To Court. In it, PAHomepage.com reports that:

The Wayne County Mother and Daughter accused of plotting then executing the murder of their loved one say they are not guilty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PAHomepage.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dot---rat

Hephzibah, GA

#1 Jun 13, 2007
Now if Cody Steich had gotten away with this
these two would not have been named
but Cody aint goin to prison alone.
friend of cody n clarissa

Schnecksville, PA

#2 Jun 22, 2007
thats for sure he is not going to prison alone and the both will do time

Since: Jun 07

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2007
dot---rat wrote:
Now if Cody Steich had gotten away with this
these two would not have been named
but Cody aint goin to prison alone.
You are right, Cody isn't going to prison alone.
Personally, even though Cody fired the gun, in my opinion he is the LEAST guilty of all three of them!
His girlfriend and her mother had this plan simmering on a back burner long before they ever moved to Honesdale. That is a fact, and it will surely come out at trial. They just used and manipulated that young man with all their lies and drama, until they got him to do what they wanted. That's what his girlfriend and mother are all about: lies, hystrionics and basically what amounts to brain washing. I never met Cody, but I felt sorry for both him and his family the second I heard Clarissa had a new boyfriend. There was never any doubt in my mind that his life would be ruined by getting involved with her. Believe me, I have alot of personal experience with those people. When we got the call about the murder, and the next day saw it all on the news the only one I felt bad for was Cody. I give him credit for having the guts to "man - up" to it. And he at least showed some remorse. That's a lot more that the other two ever did. I imagine you are both friends of Cody's. I am sure that you saw a lot of changes in him from the minute he got involved with Clarissa... and none of them were probably for the good. She is toxic! If you ever run into his mother, please tell her that there are people in Scranton who are praying for her. And I hope that Cody tells the WHOLE truth, so that the other two, who I believe are MORE guilty than he is end up getting exactly what they deserve!
sad for cody and his mom

Slatington, PA

#4 Jul 5, 2007
Cody was a friend of my son's. I would never in a million years think that he could do something like that. His father was killed in a terrible accident 3 years ago and I don't believe he was the same after the accident. He had also just dropped out of school. He was obviously was at a crisis point in his life and turned to the wrong people for comfort.I don't know the woman or her daughter. And I don't know if they were abused or not, but I believe that they must have told Cody terrible things for him to have shot a man like that. I believe Cody was manipulated. If you knew him you know that he was very easily manipulated. He is sweet and simple and very immature for his age. I'm sure he thought that he was protecting his girlfriend and her family. But even a 10 year old knows that shooting somebody is wrong and there is no excuse for killing a man in cold blood. I feel bad for Cody for destroying his life and especially for his mom, who's heart is broken.
Love for Cody

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2007
"sad for cody and his mom" This is so true , Sad for Cody's mom. This women ( who is a good women ) lost her husband and now has lost her son. All because of this toxic family . I also know Cody and saw the changes when he met this family. We might not ever know how or why he did this but I to hope those 2 ladies go down just as long as Cody .These women have not only ruined there own childerns life but now have ruined my other familes by involving Cody into there sceme . I also believe that she dated Cody for one reason only - to get the job done. There childern and Cody's family are the ones suffering from there evil and then there is Cody , who has to live with this for the rest of life . Sad , sad , sad story . Could happen to any famliy but we wonder why the Steick family - sucj a good family if you knew any of them , you would understand .
Hudson

Spring Hill, FL

#6 Oct 18, 2007
OH I did know cody and his family and what a wonderful family...I will tell you one thing..this is not resting easy with his father up in heaven....Clarissa and her mom are PIGS..
on the other side

United States

#7 Oct 19, 2007
you got it ... His father is rolling over in his grave over this and his mom has to live with everyday. It is such a small town and she has to see these people every day and here what people have to say about it . It is like a never ending nightmare for her and his older brother as well. HE is so young and has his whole life in front of him. These women had no idea what it was like to have successful life and that is why they wasted there , but to drag him in as well is even worse .
Hudson

Spring Hill, FL

#8 Oct 19, 2007
Your right on the other side,POOR CODY'S MOM...
Dan

Forest City, PA

#9 Oct 25, 2007
cody deserves to rot.... and after the beating he took in february he knows hes safer in there
on the other side

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2007
Dan wrote:
cody deserves to rot.... and after the beating he took in february he knows hes safer in there
he deserves to rot , well that is your thoughts . He is safer in there ? Now , isn't that funny . Sounds like a threat. I also read the other site that you all chat on and it seems like a threat there to . Aren't you suppose to be getting your life together for your son , aren't you the College student going to Temple. Sounds a little immature , still worring about someone who is away for a long time . And making threats and talking about a beating . Is that how you want your son to grow up- go around beating up on people or maybe beating up on his own family . It sounds like you would be a great role modle for the little boy. And let me guess you gave Cody a beat down cause he called your son his own . Well, were taking care of the baby , were you around, oh yeah , your sister made it clear . Clarrisa would let you , you did what you were aloud by her . You are all young , does it realy matter what is written on my space . Can't you get over that - why do not you prove you are Ryans daddy to him and not worry about these young dumb people are doing or saying .
lovelylynda

Spring Hill, FL

#11 Nov 6, 2007
Dan your a disgusting PIG!!!!Even retarts can give birth and you found yourself a good one so what does that say about YOU my friend? You not only need an education but you need a therapist too....YOU ARE A LITTLE BOY,you really make me laugh, both your disturbed sister and yourself...I feel sorry for anyone that GETS STUCK with you in the future....Well she'll probably be JUST like Clarissa..You know scum meets scum...It's a proven fact..YOU can dress yourself up but you can't BUY yourself some class...
CONCERNED

Wilkes Barre, PA

#12 Nov 7, 2007
WOW, YOUR SOMEONE'S MOTHER?
YOU ARE A WACK JOB.....AND I THINK YOU NEED A THERPIST. AS FOR DAN'S SISTER, DISTRUBED? I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR.
UMMM HOLD ON A SEC

Wilkes Barre, PA

#13 Nov 7, 2007
cody was with clarissa too. so does that make him scum? im not sure but personally i think so, but then again idk what the definition of scum is up in hickville... cody was trash is trash and always will be.... im happy for his dad though that he got out of life early enough not to have to see this though...
on the other side

United States

#14 Nov 7, 2007
UMMM HOLD ON A SEC wrote:
cody was with clarissa too. so does that make him scum? im not sure but personally i think so, but then again idk what the definition of scum is up in hickville... cody was trash is trash and always will be.... im happy for his dad though that he got out of life early enough not to have to see this though...
You have no idea about Cody , Cody might have been acting like trash - cause up "in hickville" - being cool is acting like trash . Also there is no good thing about Cody's dad leaving this earth or this life . You must not have knowen Cody before his Dads dealth , If you did then you would know this would have never happened . Cody would not have even looked twice at Clarissa or been with her . All of us have done something stupid for the opposite sex - yes , your right , usualy not as far as murder but we have all been lured by them. For whatever reasn Cody was with her or did this , clearly was terrible and he will pay for the rest of his life - but do me favor - do not speak a word about his family or comment on them , being happy his father is not here , is the base of this wholse situation at least from his side .... the women on the other hand , they would still be in jail today even if Codys Dad was here and Cody choose not to be with Clarrissa , or whatever , because they would have sunk there claws into some other innocent, slow inexperienced boy - they would have gotten the job done one way or another - She might have went back to Dan and used Ryan as power to get Dan to it ... who know !!!!!!
lovelylynda

Spring Hill, FL

#15 Nov 7, 2007
Dear Concerned, PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY... STAY IN WILKES BARRE ALREADY.
RC Racer

United States

#16 Nov 20, 2007
Cody and I used to race together up at Marshalls. I knew him quite well. We spent a lot of time together. I tried to help him as much as possible. His Mom and Dad were both wonderful people. Just when she thought she was getting her life back on track, something else came her way. She's gone through a lot, and I not only respect her, but idolize her for taking this like she is. As for Cody being 'trash', this boy has been through a lot in his life. Tell me something - could you lose a father that you were too afraid to tell you loved or respected? How could you deal with that guilt and anguish on a daily basis? I couldn't. Yes, Cody was misguided and did something that isn't very respectable. But he has been through enough without manipulation. Whether the father was or wasn't abusive isn't the question. It's how manipulative were the mother and daughter. I've heard stories that weren't true and believed them, haven't you? I hope Cody realizes what he's done, is remorseful and moves on with his life. He is a smart boy with too much ahead of him. Cody, You're in my prayers.
cody is my older cousin

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2008
ilove him and miss him so much he never would do something like this i have known him my entire life and he has allways been the gentless and nicest person...i miss him and can't wait untill he comes home...
love you
cody is my older cousin

United States

#18 Jun 24, 2008
on the other side wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea about Cody , Cody might have been acting like trash - cause up "in hickville" - being cool is acting like trash . Also there is no good thing about Cody's dad leaving this earth or this life . You must not have knowen Cody before his Dads dealth , If you did then you would know this would have never happened . Cody would not have even looked twice at Clarissa or been with her . All of us have done something stupid for the opposite sex - yes , your right , usualy not as far as murder but we have all been lured by them. For whatever reasn Cody was with her or did this , clearly was terrible and he will pay for the rest of his life - but do me favor - do not speak a word about his family or comment on them , being happy his father is not here , is the base of this wholse situation at least from his side .... the women on the other hand , they would still be in jail today even if Codys Dad was here and Cody choose not to be with Clarrissa , or whatever , because they would have sunk there claws into some other innocent, slow inexperienced boy - they would have gotten the job done one way or another - She might have went back to Dan and used Ryan as power to get Dan to it ... who know !!!!!!
listen here he is not trash you are for even thinking that about him he has been trough so much in the past couple of years we all have been but cody and my aunt have taking it the hardest i love them and you should relize everyone makes mistakes jeeze he made one wrong doing and you have to critisize him in my eyes your the trashy one....and you can rot in h*** for all i care...
Little Steich

Sunnyvale, CA

#19 May 16, 2009
listen here cody is my cousin and u shouldnt be saying anything about him , my unchle Gary, my aunt Bonnie, or my family... I have known cody my whole entire life and he is not like this . he may have made a mistake but everyone does..and i think that its just not him to blame the other two put a part in this. oh and for the person that called him scum your scum....and the guy that said my unchle is rolling over in his grave
and was happy to get out early needs to shut up he was killed in an accident and that hurt the whole family but exspecialy cody and aunt bonnie.... we were all raised the same.....we come from a good wholesome family....and no one has the right to trash it.....
I love you cody and miss you so much.....
your cousin
S.S
babydoll

United States

#20 Feb 1, 2010
Cody was a very nice man..I know that he would have never done this if it wasn't for clarissa. He was a very sweet kid and I miss him like crazy. I use to date him and I hate being apart from him. Your always in my prayers Cody and I miss you terribly!!!!!

I still and always will love you<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honesdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homicide Charges Against Mother, Daughter Sent ... (Apr '07) Sat JLO 1,935
Free Charity Cars Website looking for Local Car... (Nov '10) Aug '16 appreciation16 3
camp toloa (Mar '10) Jun '16 Bob Sherman 25
Dunedin (Jun '06) Apr '16 Joanie K NY 55
Old Site of Camp Shawnee (Aug '06) Feb '16 George Curtis 871
News Family Searching for Answers After Son is Shot ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Susan Hull 1
Dunedin, Brian Kelly (Dec '14) Nov '15 terri 2

Honesdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honesdale Mortgages