92 Acres "Shovel Ready"

92 Acres "Shovel Ready"

There are 17 comments on the 13WHAM story from Oct 19, 2007, titled 92 Acres "Shovel Ready". In it, 13WHAM reports that:

“It reinforces the message that we are open for business, that we're ready. And it reflects our collaborative agreement to make it easier for companies to locate and grow in Monroe County and create more good jobs in the region”

One business is already on board and there are 92 acres of space to accommodate others. via 13WHAM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WHAM.

Rich

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2007
What business is on board?????
Livingston County Res

Yuma, AZ

#2 Oct 20, 2007
Barilla in Avon Site
eyeyiyi

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2007
Custom Brewcrafters in Honeoye Falls. Follow the WHAM-13 news link. It is about Monroe County, not Livingston County or Barilla.
Livingston County Res

Yuma, AZ

#4 Oct 21, 2007
Barilla is a First Shovel Ready Site in Livingston County,
eyeyiyi

United States

#5 Oct 21, 2007
Livingston County Res wrote:
Barilla is a First Shovel Ready Site in Livingston County,
Do you see the FULL STORY: 13WHAM in blue, click on that and it will show you the story is about Custom Brewcrafters and the quote is from Maggie Brooks, Monroe County Executive. It has nothing to do with Barilla.
Rich

United States

#6 Oct 21, 2007
LOL Barilla? Avon? We have a new town in Monroe County lol. Yes I did find out Mike is opening a new plant for CBC that is very cool. Maybe it will spark some interest to our Ghost town.
to Rich and Eyeyiyi

Yuma, AZ

#7 Oct 21, 2007
Barilla is at bollow of the Story Look, Nine County are Working Together Incules Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Wayne, Yates, Genesee, Seneca, Wyoming, Orleans, all of the Country List are Working together to Add New Job,

the Bollow of the Story
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks said, "It reinforces the message that we are open for business, that we're ready. And it reflects our collaborative agreement to make it easier for companies to locate and grow in Monroe County and create more good jobs in the region."

The only other shovel-ready site within nine counties is in Avon, Livingston County, home to Barilla's pasta factory, which opens Friday, October 19.
eyeyiyi

United States

#8 Oct 21, 2007
to Rich and Eyeyiyi wrote:
Barilla is at bollow of the Story Look, Nine County are Working Together Incules Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Wayne, Yates, Genesee, Seneca, Wyoming, Orleans, all of the Country List are Working together to Add New Job,
the Bollow of the Story
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks said, "It reinforces the message that we are open for business, that we're ready. And it reflects our collaborative agreement to make it easier for companies to locate and grow in Monroe County and create more good jobs in the region."
The only other shovel-ready site within nine counties is in Avon, Livingston County, home to Barilla's pasta factory, which opens Friday, October 19.
What the heck is a bollow? Again, this forum was started because of the news story on Channel 13 WHAM Right above the green COMMENTS in black type first it reads: Full story
then the print changes to blue and it reads: 13WHAM Again, this forum HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BARILLA! The other 92 acres are the lot from West Main St. Honeoye Falls to Monroe St. Honeoye Falls along the Rte. 15-A corridor. IT DOES NOT PERTAIN AT ALL TO LIVINGSTON COUNTY! Click your cursor on the blue font 13WHAM and read the story. IT DOES NOT PERTAIN AT ALL TO LIVINGSTON COUNTY!
eyeyiyi

United States

#9 Oct 21, 2007
The 92 acres they are referring to are in Honeoye Falls, Monroe County. The one business is Custom Brewcrafters and the other 92 acres are up for grabs in MONROE COUNTY. That is what the story concerns. It mentions Barilla at the end but that "SHOVEL READY SPOT" is only for their own expansion I believe. I don't think other businesses will be going in on that site. Do you know otherwise? Will other businesses get the same 20 year tax break that they gave to Barilla?
Livingston County Res

Yuma, AZ

#10 Oct 22, 2007
Honeoye Falls, N.Y.)- Honeoye Falls is marketing 92 acres of open space as "shovel ready"--just waiting for business construction.

"Shovel ready" means all the red tape has been cut and prospective businesses need only bring their blueprints.

Construction on Custom Brewcrafter's new home is already underway just off of Main Street near the GM Fuel Cell plant.

eyeyiyi

United States

#11 Oct 22, 2007
EXACTLY the story is about Honeoye Falls. I think the other site, although it reads it is open is for Barilla expansion, not new businesses. And it opened last Friday. So when Rich posted his question "What business is on board?" clearly the answer was Custom Brewcrafters, not Barilla. Barilla was an after comment. The article's topic still remains Monroe County and Custom Brewcrafters. Nothing more to say.
HF Res

Rochester, NY

#12 Oct 22, 2007
The site may be "shovel-ready" but the only thing that can be built in HF is building smaller that 20,000 square feet. look how good that did for the empty building that sits there now.
Rich

United States

#13 Oct 22, 2007
HF Res wrote:
The site may be "shovel-ready" but the only thing that can be built in HF is building smaller that 20,000 square feet. look how good that did for the empty building that sits there now.
My thoughts exacly, a little to late to cut all the red tape for business. Maybe they should have worked with the existing businesses. Honeoye Falls will always be a nimby village. It's a shame. I am sure glad will still have a hardware store though. I will shop the big boxes but will also shop local if i don't have to drive to henrietta.
Livingston County Res

Yuma, AZ

#14 Oct 23, 2007
I Ask Pat Rountree Economic Director for Livingston County who Say Barilla and Jacobson Wasehouse is First Companies to be in Avon Industrial Park, but they are Planning Seven More Company to Move in the Avon Industrial Park all will fall in the shovel-ready site in Avon
Rich

United States

#15 Oct 23, 2007
I am guessing this person is just not getting it eyeyiyi
Against Frowning Faces

Rochester, NY

#16 Oct 23, 2007
Gee eyeyiyi no matter where you write you seem to upset people - is that your fun and games - I think I figured out who you are and you sure do like to iritate people - how about on Corby road? Do they like you there?
eyeyiyi

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2007
I have no idea what Corby Road thinks of m, nor do I care. I am not irritating people here. The title of this forum was "92 Acres shovel ready", to which Rich was the first respondent inquiring, what business is on board? LCR responded Barilla, when in actuality the article and news story was about Custom Brewcrafters and not Barilla. Rich also understood and his last post reads "I am guessing this person is just not getting it eyeyiyi". Meaning the LCR thought the article was about Barilla and not Custom Brewcrafters. I don't think LCR was irritated but I am glad that this person has spoken with Pat Rountree about this, as I hope there is more development at the Barilla site. Livingston County will eventually reap some tax benefits from these industries. I am not sure when the countdown with Barilla actually began, when they broke ground for the building or when they officially opened, or when they first said they would be building in Avon. If it is the latter then we will only have 18 more years before Barilla will pay taxes to Livingston County. I just pray any new development will not get 20 years. So AFF what have you added to this forum besides snotty criticism? Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honeoye Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Kerry Ripley Apr 3 Joe Schwartz 1
I'm looking for Parismine Mar '17 LeifandDad 2
News Pittsford among top 100 places to live (Apr '09) Feb '17 thr 78
News Genesee Brewing caught up in debate over 'craft... Feb '17 Ha Bot 5
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
News Krispy Kreme Closing Henrietta Location (Sep '07) Oct '16 Ha Ha 14
News Two arrested for stealing merchandise from Lord... (Oct '16) Oct '16 time warp 1

Honeoye Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honeoye Falls Mortgages