Double-digit tax increase needed to h...

Double-digit tax increase needed to help Mendon

There are 4 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 24, 2008, titled Double-digit tax increase needed to help Mendon. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

The price of oil hit everyone hard this year including the town of Mendon in Monroe County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

good old jimbob

Penfield, NY

#1 Dec 8, 2008
Maybe, just maybe... now that the price of a barrel of oil has come down to $43.++ from $147(?) or roughly a 70% drop.... so will the proposed tax increase come down roughly 70%.....I won't, however, hold my breath!!!!
honeoye falls

San Jose, CA

#2 Dec 9, 2008
Why don't you go cry about a tax increase. BOOHOO, if you own a million dollar home you're paying an extra 350 dollars a year. wow, thats something to outrage about. What would you do with that 350 dollars anyway, make a car payment? WOWWWWWW. I'm assuming that you do not live in a million dollar home anyway, since most people don't, so your tax increase would be even less. Suck it up, theres no money left for honeoye falls to pay for anything, what do you want to happen... the town of Mendon to file for bankrupcy? Its not like Mendon/Honeoye Falls has outrageous property taxes anyways, since out of 19 towns in Monroe county it is the 5th cheapest to live in. If you can't handle being FIFTH, then move to the cheapest town. I'll even look it up for you so you can take your crybaby a$$ there.
BTDT

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2008
I own a $75K home and my taxes will go up approx $375 with a 23% increase. I don't know where you get $350 per million.
honeoye falls

San Jose, CA

#4 Dec 10, 2008
The tax increase at 23% is 30 cents for every 1000 dollars of assessed property value. So... take 75 times .3 and what does that equal?? definitely not $375. Good job with the math though...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honeoye Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Neenan not being retained as varsity base... (Aug '11) Aug 19 Bj bean 7
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul '16 josephbarkley 20
News Free wireless internet for Rochester, parts of ... (Feb '08) May '16 josephbarkley 43
News Upstate NY town de-bricks LEGO bus shelter prot... Apr '16 Yankee dave 1
High Acres landfill Stinks up all of Perinton! (Nov '11) Apr '16 Barrygarneau 6
News Deputies: New York woman ate drugs to avoid mor... (Feb '16) Feb '16 DILF 6
News Car theft suspect arrested after 490 chase (Jul '15) Oct '15 Baboon 3

Honeoye Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honeoye Falls Mortgages