Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead in M...

Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead in Munhall

Posted in the Homestead Forum

Whitehall Woman

Mcdonald, PA

#1 Jun 20, 2010
why is it that the beautiful Carnegie Music Hall has to stoop to practically pushing these cheap Mardi-Gras beads down your throat at almost all of its shows? Has anyone had the cheap beads tested for lead. I am sure they are made in China. If the Shrek glassware from Mickey D's was recalled, anything is possible. And it a rather tacky fundraiser, too. I would rather receive a bookmark for my donation (seems more appropriate considering where this is).
Munhall Miss

Mcdonald, PA

#2 Jun 20, 2010
Whitehall Woman wrote:
why is it that the beautiful Carnegie Music Hall has to stoop to practically pushing these cheap Mardi-Gras beads down your throat at almost all of its shows? Has anyone had the cheap beads tested for lead. I am sure they are made in China. If the Shrek glassware from Mickey D's was recalled, anything is possible. And it a rather tacky fundraiser, too. I would rather receive a bookmark for my donation (seems more appropriate considering where this is).
I agree. A very low class way to raise money for a place that charges so much to see a show. And I don't care how old the place is;it needs updated. Comfortable seats would be a blessing.
I did ask one girl that was hawking the beads, why do they give away cheap beads and her response was that they make a lot of money. Really? Then use the money to update the place. They even charge you $5.00 for a can of beer or a glass of wine.
I was told that a Munhall Councilman/ Dan Lloyd was in charge of the Library so he would probably be a good place to start.
Wilbert Pope

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Aug 10, 2012
This place has the most uncomfortable seats anyone could ever be tortured to sit in. No padding whatsoever, just bare wood seats and backs. I couldn't wait for the show to end. I will never go back.
concerned citizen

United States

#4 Aug 11, 2012
Munhall Miss wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. A very low class way to raise money for a place that charges so much to see a show. And I don't care how old the place is;it needs updated. Comfortable seats would be a blessing.
I did ask one girl that was hawking the beads, why do they give away cheap beads and her response was that they make a lot of money. Really? Then use the money to update the place. They even charge you $5.00 for a can of beer or a glass of wine.
I was told that a Munhall Councilman/ Dan Lloyd was in charge of the Library so he would probably be a good place to start.
councilman loyd needs to play catch up on his real estate taxes. Look it up on county web site. The only property he owns in the steel valley that is up to date on taxes is the steel Valley family center. And the county pays him rent for that building so that's the only one he pays. Btw he lives on Woodlawn ave and his insurance business is on 8 th ave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Homestead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Braddock, Ghetto slum or not?? You decide. (Sep '09) 3 hr McKeesport Native 98
Fidget Spinners? 7 hr PhD 14
Fireman vs. Cops Jul 17 acab 4
Alexandroff likes to Jul 17 Citizen Cane 2
Free Slurpees and suck jobs at 7-11 Stores on J... Jul 12 Alley Rat 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Sfinx 57
lostnfound (Aug '15) Jan '17 in the know joe 10

Homestead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Homestead Mortgages