Cops arrest 7 men in prostitution ring

Cops arrest 7 men in prostitution ring

There are 66 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 23, 2007, titled Cops arrest 7 men in prostitution ring. In it, Newsday reports that:

Seven men were arrested in a prostitution "John sting" involving an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute on Montauk Highway in Bellport Saturday night, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Nick

New York, NY

#45 Apr 23, 2007
Funny how no one on this board (including me)seems to care about this. This should tell legislators something about prostitution laws...GET RID OF THEM!!!
AboveTheLAW

Dumont, NJ

#46 Apr 23, 2007
drunkenlimeybastard wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one name in there that yells immigrant, the rest seem to be American names.
Spinelli,,,,,,, Moreno,,,,,,,,,, Eyetalianos, probably here illegally with their oiley greeaseball ways.
Craig

United States

#47 Apr 23, 2007
Ring??? Not sure what that means since it was the police running the show.
Jane

United States

#49 Apr 23, 2007
I think Chief Running Bull meant they are all immigratns because HE is the only true American. An American Indian....

AboveTheLaw, guess you live near too many illegal Italians?
witme

Whippany, NJ

#50 Apr 23, 2007
Kevin W wrote:
<quoted text>
You got thier names and adresses,every nieghbor,friend and family memeber they have knows what they did they are perverts BUT not dangerous like the black males that newsday protects who rob and kill
AIDS Kev.
Observing

North Brunswick, NJ

#51 Apr 23, 2007
General Zod wrote:
I would like to know, of the 7, which were married? Were they not getting "it" at home? Maybe it's the wife's or girlfriends fault for not putting out.
Normally I enjoy your comments, but on this one, you've got to be kidding! That;s the oldest excuse in the world - they're not "getting it at home." I'll bet half of them are fat and balding and couldn't "get it up" if they tried!
witme

Whippany, NJ

#52 Apr 23, 2007
General Zod wrote:
You ever drive thru Bedford Stuyvesand at 5 AM? There's a hooker on almost every corner.
It's the oldest profession.
How do you know if they are hookers. I see a lot of women in every car of the LIRR at 5 AM. Are they hookers? Is marriage legal prostitution?
NICK NEW YORK

AOL

#53 Apr 23, 2007
The phone call to the wife. "Hon I went to give a poor girl walking on the street a ride and the police arrested me." "I wasn't looking for sex, I have you, please don't get mad." and my all time favorite "I wanted to save this girl from the street, so I picked her up and was going to tell her how dangerous it was out there." Then the cops arrested me for nothing."
Velvet Jones

Colnbrook, UK

#54 Apr 23, 2007
How's a HO supposed to earn a living with these female cops workin our corners?
Velvet Jones

Colnbrook, UK

#55 Apr 23, 2007
I realize this is going to be an embarrassment to these Johns, but what exactly do you think the Suffolk County DA is going to do? They don't fully prosecute ANYONE, so these guys will plead down to parking tickets. The embarassment will be the most severe punishment.
Real Facts

New York, NY

#56 Apr 23, 2007
While I have always called myself a republican, over the years I see myself becoming more of a fiscally conservative libertarian.

I follow the law, even when I don’t agree with it. I hate the cell phone ban in cars. I honor it, but I hate the fact that if I am driving down the road holding my cell phone in one hand, and the guy next to me is shoving a Big Mac in his mouth, I will be the one to get pulled over.

Nevada has legalized prostitution, yet it still has a problem with street walkers in Las Vegas.

However, I think the government would do well if they would legalize and tax marijuana and prostitution.

How about this? Legalize and tax marijuana and prostitution. Offer a new zero tolerance laws. Get pulled over with any alcohol or drugs in your system, you license is gone. You pay a heavy fine.

Allow prostitution in only very regulated places. Make real companies run it. Give the girls (or guys too I guess) healthcare and 401K plans. Tax it, heavily, just as you already do for alcohol and cigarettes.

While many of you will go on about the morality of prostitution, I am trying to stay out of that side of the argument. The fact is there are many things that parts of our society do not find moral, but it is done anyway. How many “Adult Stores” are out there. How many “Adult Channels” are on cable? How many taxpayers pay for Playboy Channel at their local firehouses (sorry, couldn’t help myself)…
Shoots and Scores

Concord, NC

#57 Apr 23, 2007
Losers..that's all you can say. Probably all alcoholics or drug addicts. Bellport is a sewer so I expect it. No surprise either that none of these fools come from a reputable neighborhood. All participants will get a slap on the wrist and if they are not all out yet they'll be infecting the island soon enough.
WOODY from ST JAMES

AOL

#58 Apr 23, 2007
I'M SO GLAD THE COPS GOT THOSE GUYS!!!!....I FEEL VERY SAFE NOW!!!
kevin

Englewood, CO

#59 Apr 23, 2007
They should create a designated area for the prostitutes to congregate & peddle their trade, like they are going to do for illegal aliens.
Brentwood

Bronx, NY

#60 Apr 23, 2007
What a waste of time and resources.
Phil

New York, NY

#61 Apr 23, 2007
Real Facts wrote:
While I have always called myself a republican, over the years I see myself becoming more of a fiscally conservative libertarian.
I follow the law, even when I don’t agree with it. I hate the cell phone ban in cars. I honor it, but I hate the fact that if I am driving down the road holding my cell phone in one hand, and the guy next to me is shoving a Big Mac in his mouth, I will be the one to get pulled over.
Nevada has legalized prostitution, yet it still has a problem with street walkers in Las Vegas.
However, I think the government would do well if they would legalize and tax marijuana and prostitution.
How about this? Legalize and tax marijuana and prostitution. Offer a new zero tolerance laws. Get pulled over with any alcohol or drugs in your system, you license is gone. You pay a heavy fine.
Allow prostitution in only very regulated places. Make real companies run it. Give the girls (or guys too I guess) healthcare and 401K plans. Tax it, heavily, just as you already do for alcohol and cigarettes.
While many of you will go on about the morality of prostitution, I am trying to stay out of that side of the argument. The fact is there are many things that parts of our society do not find moral, but it is done anyway. How many “Adult Stores” are out there. How many “Adult Channels” are on cable? How many taxpayers pay for Playboy Channel at their local firehouses (sorry, couldn’t help myself)…
If they legalize prostitution you'll end up paying $250 for a bj. That's on the low end of the proce scale in the Nevada brothels.
ADAM and STEVE

Medford, NY

#62 Apr 23, 2007
kevin wrote:
They should create a designated area for the prostitutes to congregate & peddle their trade, like they are going to do for illegal aliens.
from the recent stories on the web, it seems the local tan/nail salon is just the place.
Real Facts

New York, NY

#63 Apr 24, 2007
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
If they legalize prostitution you'll end up paying $250 for a bj. That's on the low end of the proce scale in the Nevada brothels.
If you think $250 is high, you should see what my wife spent last weekend. My BJ cost me about $2,000!
Observer

Colnbrook, UK

#64 Apr 24, 2007
Real Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think $250 is high, you should see what my wife spent last weekend. My BJ cost me about $2,000!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
bil

Haledon, NJ

#65 Apr 25, 2007
General Zod wrote:
You ever drive thru Bedford Stuyvesand at 5 AM? There's a hooker on almost every corner.
It's the oldest profession.
WOULD YOU LIVE THERE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police dig up East Islip backyard in search of ... (Jan '08) Wed Mystery 88
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Mar 21 Janice P 118
Is Lee Zeldin gay? Mar 19 Tom 1
White van Mar 18 Cabbage 2
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Mar 18 Cabbage 103
News SAYVILLE: Armed robbery at bank (Aug '08) Mar 18 Cabbage 22
News Man led cops on two county chase at 110 mph (Apr '07) Mar 18 Cabbage 201

Holtsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holtsville Mortgages