Cops arrest 7 men in prostitution ring

Full story: Newsday 66
Seven men were arrested in a prostitution "John sting" involving an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute on Montauk Highway in Bellport Saturday night, Suffolk police said. Full Story

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#24 Apr 23, 2007
ChiefRunningBull wrote:
These names ay it all, they should all be deported back to where they came from.
Robert Johnson, 48, of 301 Radio Ave. in Miller Place; Christopher Peters, 31, of 4 Fairlane Court in Selden; Umit Unsal, 26, of 41 Aster Ave. in Holtsville; Michael Spinelli, 33, of 14 Michael Ave. in Bellport; Thomas Smothers, 55, of 32 Vale Ave. in Riverhead; Michael Ryan, 44, of 65 Mastic Blvd. West in Shirley; and Cristian Moreno, 23, of 1 Maple Ave., Apt. 102, in Patchogue.
There's only one name in there that yells immigrant, the rest seem to be American names.

Lon Gisland

#25 Apr 23, 2007
jo jo wrote:
What's wrong with paying for a little quickie?
It's cheaper than taking the b!tch out for dinner and a movie, and you still have time to go for a beer afterwards.

“Kneel before Zod”

NY

#26 Apr 23, 2007
Steve wrote:
"Johnson" and "Peter" are involved in a sex story. Interesting.
LOL
tegster

Oakdale, NY

#27 Apr 23, 2007
My, my, my. You mean ALL the perverts DON'T live just in Mastic Beach, Mastic and Shirley???!!!
tegster

Oakdale, NY

#28 Apr 23, 2007
Hardball wrote:
Not that any of it is good news, but would you rather have muggers and other assorted bad guys ready to shoot or stab you, or beat you for no reason on a corner when you walk by or a prostitute? Gee, that's a hard one...duhhh.
Yes. I would rather have a mugger to deal with because he's direct and I can defend myself. Perverts are sneaky and eventually turn into disease carrying, sex abusers of some kind. Eventually, just like a mugger, they also lose control of themselves and commit sex crimes. Real ugly.

Since: Dec 06

Singapore, Singapore

#29 Apr 23, 2007
Ken from Shirley wrote:
Heaven forbid they pull over the contractor trucks loaded with illegals in them.
Right on! It seems as if there is a massive priority problem.
abby

Stamford, CT

#30 Apr 23, 2007
THEY MUST NOT HAVE HAD ANYTHING TO DO EVEN IF THEY PUL OVER THE CONTRACTOR WITH THE TRUCK LOADED WITH ILLEGALS WITH OUR GREAT JUSTICE SYSTEM THEY WOULD END UP SUING THE POLICE DEPARMENT FOR TARGETING THEM REMEMBER THEY HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN WE DO
Hardcore ranger fan

Bronx, NY

#31 Apr 23, 2007
Hey newsday why no pictures of the men? This would be a public service to print their mug shots!
Rod Lance Johnson

New York, NY

#33 Apr 23, 2007
The first two guys arrested were named Johnson and Peters?
You can't make this stuff up people!
Kevin W

West Hempstead, NY

#34 Apr 23, 2007
Jimmy wrote:
Wait, how was that a "prostitution ring"?
Did the author mean 'sting' for the title? That's not a ring.
Great Point!! but thats newsday

These guy have to be dumber than a stump, I bet this cop looked WAY better than any filthy street walker these perverts ever saw. These weren't kids looking for a quiky, these guy are in thier 40's and 50's.
Kevin W

West Hempstead, NY

#35 Apr 23, 2007
Hardcore ranger fan wrote:
Hey newsday why no pictures of the men? This would be a public service to print their mug shots!
You got thier names and adresses,every nieghbor,friend and family memeber they have knows what they did they are perverts BUT not dangerous like the black males that newsday protects who rob and kill

“Kneel before Zod”

NY

#36 Apr 23, 2007
Hardcore ranger fan wrote:
I still like everything you've said, but your screen name still stinks
Just a Git

New York, NY

#37 Apr 23, 2007
General Zod wrote:
It's the oldest profession.
I was gonna make a joke about Zod and kneeling, but...:)
Michael

Lincoln Park, NJ

#38 Apr 23, 2007
Since when is it a crime to patronize anyone? I make fun of everyone, from politicians to prostitutes (like there's a difference), so if I want to patronize people, I should have every right.
Joe M

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Apr 23, 2007
hey, did anyone notice that Tommy Smothers got pinched? i wonder how his brother Dick is taking it.
jamx

Reston, VA

#40 Apr 23, 2007
and the guys who beat up those 2 little old ladies are still running free??????
XXX

Northport, NY

#41 Apr 23, 2007
Ken from Shirley wrote:
.. Legalize this and be done with it. It does not matter that I don't want my daughter to be this, I wouldn't want her to be a low life defense attorney either but I really have no say in it once she becomes an adult...
Got news for you Kenny your little girl hasn't waited until she became an adult

“Kneel before Zod”

NY

#42 Apr 23, 2007
I would like to know, of the 7, which were married? Were they not getting "it" at home? Maybe it's the wife's or girlfriends fault for not putting out.
Sympathetic

North Brunswick, NJ

#43 Apr 23, 2007
Oh come now, if they're illegals they are just doing the jobs no one else wants in America!
Fetcher

Edison, NJ

#44 Apr 23, 2007
A few years ago there were a lot of complaints of the hookers in N. Bellport, mainly Station Rd. The politicians ran on a platform of getting them off the street.

They were good to their word, and put in a sidewalk on the east side of the road for the hookers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The In Crowd (Aug '10) 23 hr Smokin Joe 12
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 hr Chuck 121,337
J&B Discount Tire Fraud (Jan '09) Mon joemamma77777777777 41
Review: Fairharbor Owners Mar 1 moving soon 2
Pete Muirhead Mar 1 Jayar 1
Father & Son Arrested for Scamming Great Neck P... Feb 28 bud wise errrrrrr 1
CONFIRIMED:WTC 7 Survivor Barry Jennings died 8... (Sep '08) Feb 28 fitzgreg 15

Winter Storm Warning for Suffolk County was issued at March 04 at 12:02PM EST

Holtsville News Video

Holtsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Holtsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:14 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:14PM
Weatherford, Rice to donate brains for medical research
Bleacher Report 1:21 PM
Jets, Raiders and Patriots Among Top Landing Spots for Free Agent Darrelle Revis
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Jets Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Protecting Eli Top Priority for Giants Ahead of Free Agency
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
Beason: Giants Have Approached Me About Pay Cut