New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,706 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

RipleysTerrier

Schenectady, NY

#17208 Dec 19, 2012
What really fascinates me are the thousands upon thousands of American workers who vehemently oppose unions, even as they watch their salaries plummet and their jobs being sent overseas. This makes no sense, because - even if you're not a member of a union - those unions promote safer workplaces and higher wages.

I recently read an article about southern textile-workers who oppose unions, yet these nimrods work crappy hours for slave wages in dimly lit, dangerous mills.

It just goes to show you have often humans vote for ideals that are NOT in their best interest.
RipleysTerrier

Schenectady, NY

#17209 Dec 19, 2012
I'm also tired of hearing how unions nearly killed Detroit auto-manufacturing. This is patently false. What nearly killed the big three was those shitbox cars that they tried to sell Americans; unions were just a handy scapegoat.

Starting in 1975, the Big Three (and AMC) began producing some of the saddest excuses for automobiles that this country had ever seen; faulty and underpowered drivetrains, hideous interiors and body styles, and "chrome" that flaked off bumpers like the frosting off a pop-tart. These vinyl-roofed monstrosities were the reason for Detroit's downfall, not some guy getting a few extra bucks for mounting hubcaps no an assembly-line.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#17210 Dec 19, 2012
When a Nation is divided as this one is now, it is the President that is called upon to not only protect the nation, but to heal the division that afflicts the nation. It requires leadership and vision to restore a nation to harmony. It is the hallmark of a great President who can put aside party and idealogy for the sake of the nation, it is a great President who extends his hand to an political adversary to make the nation whole once again and get on with the nations' purpose. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, possessed this abiltiy. The current occupant of the White House, does not.

Location hidden

#17211 Dec 19, 2012
During the Bush administration, there was the introduction of a project that gave subsidies to those who could not afford a phone. The basic principle of the program is that everyone should have access to emergency services like 911. There are a number of deaths that take place every year do to lack of proper communication, and access to emergency services should be a right for everyone.

It wasn't meant for the abuses inherent in obamaphone mass distribution as payment for vote buying. obama used it as a modern day version of what the old Pols used as "walking around" money in the ghettos and buying votes in saloons. Spin it whatever way fits your narrative, it is an aberration of the intended use.

Is this woman calling 911 in an emergency?

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
RipleysTerrier

Schenectady, NY

#17213 Dec 19, 2012
Hingle McCringleberry wrote:
When a Nation is divided as this one is now, it is the President that is called upon to not only protect the nation, but to heal the division that afflicts the nation. It requires leadership and vision to restore a nation to harmony. It is the hallmark of a great President who can put aside party and idealogy for the sake of the nation, it is a great President who extends his hand to an political adversary to make the nation whole once again and get on with the nations' purpose. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, possessed this abiltiy. The current occupant of the White House, does not.
Look, your boy lost the election...get over it.
Ruperict

Schenectady, NY

#17214 Dec 19, 2012
During the Bush administration, there was the introduction of a project that gave subsidies to those who could not afford a phone. The basic principle of the program is that everyone should have access to emergency services like 911. There are a number of deaths that take place every year do to lack of proper communication, and access to emergency services should be a right for everyone.
It wasn't meant for the abuses inherent in obamaphone mass distribution as payment for vote buying. obama used it as a modern day version of what the old Pols used as "walking around" money in the ghettos and buying votes in saloons. Spin it whatever way fits your narrative, it is an aberration of the intended use.
Is this woman calling 911 in an emergency?
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
In New York State, EVERY welfare-recipient with three or more children and less than $25,500 in annual income qualifies for a subsidized Ford Focus. The applicant must pay $99 per month, but insurance, title and all other fees are waived.
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17215 Dec 19, 2012
Ruperict wrote:
<quoted text>
In New York State, EVERY welfare-recipient with three or more children and less than $25,500 in annual income qualifies for a subsidized Ford Focus. The applicant must pay $99 per month, but insurance, title and all other fees are waived.
This is inaccurate. Recipients are not limited to purchase of a particular car (ie Ford Focus), it's just that the Focus happens to fall within the cost-guidelines. Also, applicants are charged based upon a sliding-scale, so one person might pay $99 per month and another might pay nothing or very little. Most welfare-recipients are getting their cars for about $50 per month, including insurance and a $75 gas stipend.

Location hidden

#17216 Dec 19, 2012
RipleysTerrier wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, your boy lost the election...get over it.
Who you calling boy? Sucker.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#17218 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Who you calling boy? Sucker.
You are a minority now. Embrace that fact.

Location hidden

#17219 Dec 19, 2012
Geoff wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a minority now. Embrace that fact.
Do I look like a guy named Geoff? Is that pronounced Jeff? Fo shizzle, mo dizzle.?
Shotty McPherson

United States

#17220 Dec 19, 2012
All I know is Obama and his army of flying monkeys ain't getting my guns. No way. If he tries, it will be the start of the next civil war.
J Reno

Utica, NY

#17221 Dec 19, 2012
Shotty McPherson wrote:
All I know is Obama and his army of flying monkeys ain't getting my guns. No way. If he tries, it will be the start of the next civil war.
You are sooo funny. No more Ruby Ridge. One little missile and your little property will be nothing but a bad memory. Beginning and end of the civil war in your little mind.

Location hidden

#17222 Dec 20, 2012
Don't worry about Gun Violence, the President has put Joe Biden in charge of a Commission to investigate, promising the usual results:

LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17223 Dec 20, 2012
Shotty McPherson wrote:
What is this almost fanatical allure of guns? If you got a small weiner, no tricked-out assault rifle will change that.
tom deely

United States

#17224 Dec 20, 2012
Of course er are going to vote.I'm blogging today to tell everyone I'm three Brentwood and cental islip area to vote row c conservative/republican ,let our local leaders know u exist good people,please.sign man...2313@$$$...
TerrifiedTeaPart ier

Schenectady, NY

#17225 Dec 20, 2012
I love guns largely because I'm a terrified white guy who believes way too many conpiracy theories. You see, I'm preparing for doomsday scenarios that will simply never happen, and - even if they did -my tiny brain cannot comprehend that a few assault rifles will not save me.

When I hold a big assault rifle in my hands, It makes me feel strong and powerful; that's important to me, because I don't have a lot of control and power in my life. My wife pushes me around pretty good, I can't hold a steady job, and I'm really not that bright, so guns are kind of like "strap on power" for guys like me.

Also, I use guns to bond with other dudes who also have to rely on exaggerated firepower to compensate for personal shortcomings.
Renfield

Schenectady, NY

#17226 Dec 20, 2012
Shotty McPherson wrote:
If they ever do come to get your guns, you and every other gun-owner will:

1. Sh**t your pants
2. Hand over your guns immediately.

Who do you think you're kidding?

“WTF”

Since: Nov 12

It said Hometown, not location

#17227 Dec 20, 2012
TerrifiedTeaPartier wrote:
I love guns largely because I'm a terrified white guy who believes way too many conpiracy theories. You see, I'm preparing for doomsday scenarios that will simply never happen, and - even if they did -my tiny brain cannot comprehend that a few assault rifles will not save me.
When I hold a big assault rifle in my hands, It makes me feel strong and powerful; that's important to me, because I don't have a lot of control and power in my life. My wife pushes me around pretty good, I can't hold a steady job, and I'm really not that bright, so guns are kind of like "strap on power" for guys like me.
Also, I use guns to bond with other dudes who also have to rely on exaggerated firepower to compensate for personal shortcomings.
Now thats funny right there!
This is also funny....
New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?
You know what, I think I will vote this September 14th, I don't like either of the presidents but I gotta cast my vote for the lesser of 2 evils right.
Wait, it's december WHAT?!
Looks like we all missed our chance to vote.
What a misleading topic...

Location hidden

#17228 Dec 20, 2012
Renfield wrote:
<quoted text>
If they ever do come to get your guns, you and every other gun-owner will:
1. Sh**t your pants
2. Hand over your guns immediately.
Who do you think you're kidding?
Why would he shoot his pants? It's a three letter word for you obama/biden fans; J O B S .

Location hidden

#17229 Dec 20, 2012
TerrifiedTeaPartier wrote:
TeaParty, really? You sound just like an obama voter, who wants tp protect heself from flesh-eatu=ing Zombies, Yo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Grau 119,638
Slime Bags (May '12) Thu Busted 15
Subway (May '14) Thu Taxes Due 3
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown dr... (Nov '08) Dec 15 Streetrunner 153
Old-Portion-Road-1891 (Apr '09) Dec 12 John 6
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Dec 10 No public input 8
Two arrested in Holtsville home invasion case - (Aug '07) Dec 4 Crest1210 170

Holtsville News Video

Holtsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Holtsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Holtsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Holtsville

Personal Finance