Mastic Beach residents petition to become village

Jan 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

A group of Mastic Beach residents wants its waterfront community to become the first new village to incorporate in New York State in four years, and Brookhaven Town will soon hold a hearing on the proposal.

Comments
1,981 - 2,000 of 2,021 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013
bleep you

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
Sell every piece of waterfront property please! All it's used for now is illegal dumping! Generate as much tax money as possible! Make this community liveable and self sustaining once again! Every one of you complaining idiots will be silenced with progress!
screw you. It's the last place on LI who's waterfront isn't privately owned. Leave the waterfront open to everyone, not the few who will buy it and place a McMansion on it. selling off the waterfront won't improve the village, it will bring a dozen people here that will over pay for property and taxes. How does that help? The "vision team" should do what they promised they would do, get rid of the slumlords and sex offenders and do it all while keeping taxes neutral.
Bubba

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

Judged:

No development= You still live in cesspool! Everyone of you small minded morons are exactly what's wrong with this place! We need this place improved! Our shore line here is a dumping ground! You can't even get to cranberry dock on high tide! The only way to get rid of slumlords and sex offenders is high end development.It will raise property values and slumlords will cash out!

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
No development= You still live in cesspool! Everyone of you small minded morons are exactly what's wrong with this place! We need this place improved! Our shore line here is a dumping ground! You can't even get to cranberry dock on high tide! The only way to get rid of slumlords and sex offenders is high end development.It will raise property values and slumlords will cash out!
That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. The Village is slowly working to make it not worthwhile to be a slumlord here.Ir will not make sense to conduct buisness here the way it used to be. That is when the slumlord's will 'cash out'.Ironically, this will,in the short term be a depressing factor on the price of house's as more houses are put up for sale.Bur let's face it, the price of house's is not going up anytime soon anyway,no matter what we do,so it seem's a good time to take the hit now. Most of VMB is not waterfront so I fail to see how developing the waterfront help's the community as a whole. How are we going to attract these big spender's to live here? With a big house? Then what? We have to make the area a safe place first,establish and enforce some sensable rules. I know of a few very nice well priced house's very close to the water that hav'nt sold.WHY? Anyway's, speculation is not the answer ,creating a sense of community is. That will be the 'value' added to each and every home here. It is a value that cannot be 'priced', yet is in much demand.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Judged:

whoopsing wrote:
<quoted text>That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. The Village is slowly working to make it not worthwhile to be a slumlord here.Ir will not make sense to conduct buisness here the way it used to be. That is when the slumlord's will 'cash out'.Ironically, this will,in the short term be a depressing factor on the price of house's as more houses are put up for sale.Bur let's face it, the price of house's is not going up anytime soon anyway,no matter what we do,so it seem's a good time to take the hit now. Most of VMB is not waterfront so I fail to see how developing the waterfront help's the community as a whole. How are we going to attract these big spender's to live here? With a big house? Then what? We have to make the area a safe place first,establish and enforce some sensable rules. I know of a few very nice well priced house's very close to the water that hav'nt sold.WHY? Anyway's, speculation is not the answer ,creating a sense of community is. That will be the 'value' added to each and every home here. It is a value that cannot be 'priced', yet is in much demand.
I have personally witnessed the VMB court enforce codes against illegal renters and homeowners who let their property go into disrepair.

I heard some funny answers to the charges....one guy said to the judge: "how come I didn't get a warning for having two unregistered cars on my front lawn?" The judge said...."here is your $100 fine".

A lady from Village of Massapequa Park said she had trouble hearing when the judge asked her why she didn't clean up the mess in a house she owns in VMB. She claimed the Hurricane (which happened on 8/25/11) was an act of God and she is waiting for the insurance co to clean it up. When the Judge told the woman the ticket was issued in late October, almost 3 months after the storm, the woman said it was not fair to hit her with a fine.

The judge then asked the lady who actually does live in the house?, because the owner lives in Massapequa Park. The woman said her "son" goes there from time to time and may not have seen the notice. The judge said...."here is your $100 fine"with a written promise to re-mediate the property by 1/7/12.

Building along the waterfront is not something ANYONE wants. But, the zoning must be changed to protect the character of our community. Some people say why should I say anything. I submitted my opinion, you can too!

“pffft”

Since: Jan 11

blue point.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Judged:

From what I understand all the waterfront property was sold to Steve levy, about a month ago.

Since: Apr 09

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Judged:

OidiotO wrote:
From what I understand all the waterfront property was sold to Steve levy, about a month ago.
I see yor living up to your name
clean up this mess

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Judged:

if you find trash in the wet lands, drag it to the center of the street, then the village needs to pick it up. If it is left off to the side, they won't touch it.

Where are all the volunteers that said they would gladly spend their time helping out the village? They need to go and pick up the trash all over the side of the streets.(yeah I know, everyone should do it, but they don't. The supporters of the village PUBLICLY announced they has hundreds of volunteers that would do it. SOOOO, put you money where your mouth was, go volunteer and "clean up this mess")

OR, have the code enforcers pick up trash as they are "on duty" driving around doing nothing. Instead of wasting gas, have them "patrol" a 3 block radius at a time with a black garbage bag in their hands. This would allow them to view more of MBV on a more personal level while cleaning up our streets. Make them actually earn their money.
MBV Code Enforcer

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Judged:

We are quasi profesional law enforcement types and the only garbage that we will put our hands on is Mastoids.
better chance

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

Better change renaming it Ghetto - or SLUM
better chance

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

Mastic known for Crime, Drugs, gangs and sex offenders. google it!!!
better chance

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

Mastic known for 1/2 way homes, sober homes, section 8 hud homes, illegal appartment and slum landlords all over then between them all are the 400 sex offenders that live in Mastic beach to mastic!

Name that town for what it really is?
better chance

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

better chance wrote:
Mastic known for 1/2 way homes, sober homes, section 8 hud homes, illegal appartment and slum landlords all over then between them all are the 400 sex offenders that live in Mastic beach to mastic!
Name that town for what it really is?
I guess you're lucky Google corrects your spelling. Where do you hail from and if I Google it will it be known for greatness?

Since: Apr 09

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2011

Judged:

better chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're lucky Google corrects your spelling. Where do you hail from and if I Google it will it be known for greatness?
Wasteing your time. Low life from ILL?
Franks vision team

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

We are looking to rename Mastic - to a Slum

or maybe Ghetto?

howabout Crime infested village?

Loserville?

Illegals & Sexoffenders village?
Franks vision team

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

what a drug infested Ghetto.
Harry

East Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

I just purchased a home on Monroe Dr down by the water, I plan on mkaing it my permanent residence, The home is in need a some repair, which I had planned on doing before the new year, Unfortunatly I did not realize being in the Village meant a lot of different rules. I now had to hire an Architect to have buidling plans drawn up , I then have to apply to the village board for a permit...then I can't hire any Suffolk County Licensed Contractor , They have to be registered in the village . All this is TAKING TIME !!! with any luck I hope to be in by the summer... So what started out as a simple remodelis becoming a time consuing project,, I can only hope in the end it is all worth it ,Too all my new neighbors near Monroe & Forrest I apologize I have not been able to do with the house as of yet, But work will begin soon,( I hope )
One Big Town

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

(One Big Town) mastic to medford then back to Shirley) it all is a trashy slum, with low low low life losers.
One Big Town

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Change it to Gunnagetrobbed
Flynn

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

You left out Bellport, Riverhead, Brentwood, Port Jeff Station, Coram, Selden, Central Islip, Wyandanch, Huntington Station, Freeport, Uniondale....
Flynn

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Patchogue...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Holtsville Discussions

Search the Holtsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min israeli cult must pay 115,019
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Ma Kettle 6,342
The Waterfalls (Jun '08) 5 hr Tom 86
Trial begins in Coram chopped-up bodies case (Nov '09) 8 hr Bernard colletti 49
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Sham Hannuty 16,777
Giant Garage Sale Jul 21 Charlie 12
•••
•••

Holtsville News Video

•••
•••

Holtsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Holtsville People Search