Switching Drugs No Panacea in Schizophrenia

Full story: Psychiatric Times

Explain to patients who ask that antipsychotic medications work more or less well, depending on the patient, and all have side effects that may be distressing.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Aug 1, 2013
Daniel Haszard

Jay, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

Eli Lilly zyprexa cost me $250.00 a month supply and has up to ten times the risk of causing diabetes and severe weight gain.

Nervous investors watch Eli Lilly shares drop $2.80 post election.

My issue is Zyprexa which is only FDA approved for schizophrenia (.5-1% of pop) and some bipolar (2% pop) and then an even smaller percentage of theses two groups.

So how does Zyprexa get to be the 7th largest drug sale in the world?
Eli Lilly is in deep trouble for using their drug reps to 'encourage' doctors to write zyprexa for non-FDA approved 'off label' uses.

The drug causes increased diabetes risk,and medicare picks up all the expensive fallout.There are now 7 states (and counting) going after Lilly for fraud and restitution.

---

Daniel Haszard zyprexa-victims.com
Carol

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

Lilly should not only pay settlements but , the cost of oir med"s for the rest of our lifes.
'
Sorrowful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

I wouldn't recommend anyone taking Zyprexa for all the tea in China.

I lost my son to this drug. Now, after taking it for ten years and getting diabetes, one of my oldest friends is in the hospital, psychotic.So the drug does not even do the job it is supposed to do.
Jeroen Puttemans

Merelbeke, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

so, i took that too, all i can say it is rat poison for many! also my friends took it and find it to be garbach shit
mecasa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I was originally taking abilify 15 mg and my Dr. has starting me on trilafon 16 mg. Is there any risk in stopping the abilify.
to mecasa

Sint-lievens-houtem, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2007

i aquit 15 mg of abilify witouth any problems

twice
Brian

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Geodon is a miracle drug for me. I have no social phobia symptoms, control my awful temper, and my ocd is a minimum.
dicky hertz

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

my dog talks to me,little people who live in my mattress are influencing the 2008 election
confused

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

ZYPREXA KILLS !!!!
split mind

Nairobi, Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

i am on zyprexa and guess what im gonna quit college never felt like this before. i lost my creativity and for the first time i cant concentrate on anything. thanks zyprexa for destroying my life. iam from kenya and i can say zyprexa is the devil of all drugs.
camille jensen

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

with this recent epesode im scared last month was dressed high and mighty thinking i was the greatest going to go to san fran and become an actress also get a grant for starting up a bar juice bar club thing also queen sheeba sitting in the bar thinking everyone should praise me started drinking a bottle of champagne every night to be able to open up more to this guy i met and at the end of the mo i crashed depression and suicide so now trying to get onto a med wich can make me focus and organize my life and not scared cause im scaring everyone i meet shes scary when can i live normal and have ffriends?
Hurt and upset

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

camille jensen wrote:
with this recent epesode im scared last month was dressed high and mighty thinking i was the greatest going to go to san fran and become an actress also get a grant for starting up a bar juice bar club thing also queen sheeba sitting in the bar thinking everyone should praise me started drinking a bottle of champagne every night to be able to open up more to this guy i met and at the end of the mo i crashed depression and suicide so now trying to get onto a med wich can make me focus and organize my life and not scared cause im scaring everyone i meet shes scary when can i live normal and have ffriends?
Camille, I hear the pain in your letter. What I would like for you to do is seek help immediately. If you have to, go first to your medical doctor, and they will recommend someone for you to talk to. Please get help now. God will see you through.
Rudy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

I ordered from edmedrx.com for the first time and i definitely will again. Customer service is great! I inquired about my order as i had the wrong zip code on my mailing address and their customer support helped me right away. They were very helpful and also when you have any questions, they email you right back with answers. I would recommend them highly as they deliver what they promise!
Kendal

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I took Klonopin and Paxil for 15 years to treat my anxiety disorder. I had to detox from the Klonopin this past spring. I got off the Klonopin and switched my Paxil to Lexapro (sex side effect issue). I am also a recovering alcoholic. My doctor did not want me on Benzo's anymore (says it increased alcohol cravings). I stayed on Lexapro only for 9 months, but my anxiety came back strong on just the Lexapro alone. I almost resorted to taking Xanax before I switched doctors. My new doc gave Zyprexa from http://z-olanzapine.com a chance. I am on my 7th day and I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years. I take 5mgs at night and it has ended the "chatter" in my head, and removed my anxiety. Great medicine so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Holtsville Discussions

Search the Holtsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min USA-1 114,981
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 29 min Ha Ha 6,361
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr teddy Joe McCarthy cruz 6,341
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 14 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
Giant Garage Sale Jul 21 Charlie 12
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
North Bellport land-use plan draws support, con... Jul 19 Helen 1
•••
•••

Holtsville News Video

•••
Holtsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Holtsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000