FEMA helps pay for Lake Ronkonkoma flooding fixes

Full story: Newsday

Federal money is coming to Lake Ronkonkoma to help with groundwater flooding problems, although it came too late for at least one homeowner.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Johnny Utah

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Sucks
Watching

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

And The town of SMITHTOWN did NOTHING to help these people
WET FEET

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Smithtown should hide their head in shame
WET FEET

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

LEAVE LI BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

“Way,Weather,Terr ain,Leadership”

Since: Apr 08

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

cesspools and basements in an area where the water table is high = doomed from the beginning
Danny

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

LockSmithHustla wrote:
cesspools and basements in an area where the water table is high = doomed from the beginning
We install Septic onsite systems in high groundwater areas all the time, and they work just fine.

I feel real bad for the Homeowners.

Ranger Sewer
RangerSewer.com
scott baum

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

i was the person who lived at the end of harles ct. in the little cottage-of course hadto move out after 5.5 years after doing tones of renovation to make it liveable for myself and my son.when we had no toilet my landlord said to buy a port a poty and he wouldtake it off the rent-what a sport a-for those of u who know me and read this you will know what i am talking about-over 40.000 dolars paid in rent imagine that-scott
scott baum

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

hope people read this
Jo Anne

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Lasted just a bit longer than Scott, our family lost our house as well its a shame after having our house since 1996 and doing hundreds of thousand worth of renovations Vechio was unwilling to help. I applaud Kennedy and his team of experts for the constant fight for the families involed on Charles and Edward Court. It is unfair that I can only watch from a far, as Ms. Pacicci the mold and mildew was causing my family to be ill and it was not worth it. I commend all those who have stayed and weathered theses lateset storm
Johnny Utah

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

Lake Ronkonkoma is a breeding ground for trash that ususally end up in Mastic
wendy boniface

Rye, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

Judged:

Should the real estate people be allowed to sell these properties to unknowing victims without disclosing all this information? I think its criminal.
Still here

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

We are still here on Charles Ct trying to keep our heads above water (pun intended) and although Fema is trying to help, it's a little too late for those who have lost everything. It's even too late for us because no reimbursement is coming for those of us who spent on mold removal, pumps and Lipa bills etc...so to expect us to pay for some of the Fema help is NOT realistic. The block is vacant and of course the banks and realtors aren't telling potential buyers! They never show a house when it rains! It's all about politics and money. Thanks Fema, but no thanks!
wendy boniface

Rye, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

Judged:

Johnny Utah wrote:
Lake Ronkonkoma is a breeding ground for trash that ususally end up in Mastic
Isnt this a lovely testament to the good people on L.I. How wonderful to know how someone cares so much for there fellow man. grow up Johnny seriously
oh pass the sugar

Rye, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Judged:

why should the homeowner have to pay anything?
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2009

Judged:

wendy boniface wrote:
Should the real estate people be allowed to sell these properties to unknowing victims without disclosing all this information? I think its criminal.
Generally, you have a house inspected before you purchase it. The inspection would be able to tell you if the house floods in wet weather. Or, when you go to buy a house, look in every room yourself. Careful observation can and will save people a lot of heartache.

It's horrible that some people lost their homes. I hope their homeowners insurance covered flood damage.
LOL

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Judged:

InkedAndPierced wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally, you have a house inspected before you purchase it. The inspection would be able to tell you if the house floods in wet weather. Or, when you go to buy a house, look in every room yourself. Careful observation can and will save people a lot of heartache.
It's horrible that some people lost their homes. I hope their homeowners insurance covered flood damage.
Our house was inspected on Charles Ct. It was also flipped to the point that everything was covered up. Including the mold. The house looked great, and we carefully observed! Little did we know...
It's ground water, it's unpredictable and it comes UP when the water table is high. No heartache is saved because the banks who are handling these foreclosures, just flip the house and don't tell anyone why there are 3 empty houses on the block (4 if you count the one in the wetlands), it just looks like any other block on LI during the recession! And FYI- NO INSURANCE WILL COVER GROUNDWATER...
It amazes me how many people don't do their homework when looking to buy a new home!!!!!!
IrkedAtTheLastLi ne

Rye, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Judged:

You were right on until you said ,your amazed how many people dont do thier homework?What?that dosnt make sense when you just stated that YOU YOURself made a perfect observation,and everything was covered up .didnt YOU DO YOUR homwork? and YOU were FOOLED .I agree with STILL HERE-they only show the homes when its dry ,and I know someone who had an inspection and the inspector didnt even see the flood evidence untill after it rained and rained!!!so have some compassion for these people who were misled.
Help please

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Hey Charles Ct people. Since you guys are on this topic, what else is their to no.? I'm looking at 14 Charles Ct this week cuz the price is cheap as hell and taxes are even cheaper. It looks like a nice lil place and the real estate agent did mentioned a flood a while ago but I decided to look up what info i can find and I found you guys. Lol. So if anyone has more info or tell me NOT to waste my $$ coming to this block, PLEASE help me out. Plus if half the block is vacant, where's all the fun. Lol. Thanks guys or gals
save your dough

Rye, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2009

Judged:

Help please wrote:
Hey Charles Ct people. Since you guys are on this topic, what else is their to no.? I'm looking at 14 Charles Ct this week cuz the price is cheap as hell and taxes are even cheaper. It looks like a nice lil place and the real estate agent did mentioned a flood a while ago but I decided to look up what info i can find and I found you guys. Lol. So if anyone has more info or tell me NOT to waste my $$ coming to this block, PLEASE help me out. Plus if half the block is vacant, where's all the fun. Lol. Thanks guys or gals
although that home is on higher ground than the others ,I would still stay away!!its still damp and moldy over there and soft spot in the yards its just not worth it.
netlead

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

I looked at a house on charles ct last weekend and they had printout stating the fed plan to fill basement and pay to move utilities up to 10 x 12 room.At least they were trying...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Rip Current Statement for Suffolk County was issued at July 13 at 4:03AM EDT

•••
•••

Holtsville News Video

•••
•••

Holtsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••