New YMCA to break ground on Patchogue's Main Street

Full story: Newsday 7
Downtown Patchogue, already in the midst of revitalization, is about to get a major new anchor for the west end of its business district with today's groundbreaking of a new $19.2-million YMCA on Main Street. Full Story
liner

Hicksville, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2008
What's going to happen to the gym in the Briarcliffe building?
Joyeux Noel

Hampton Bays, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Happy to see more good development news for the Village of Patchogue. It helps keep a vital, dynamic revitalization spirit moving forward, much like the way urban Brooklyn as well as nearby Bay Shore have bounced back from the brink of deterioration. On a related note--Will the "Y" have a "Holiday" or "Christmas" themed seasonal series of events after opening? I have the feeling that if you decipher the Y.M.C.A. or Y.W.C.A. initials the answer will be obvious. Hope the Grucci's,(maybe they are the anonymous $10 million donor) provide fireworks for the grand opening.
be real

Middle Island, NY

#3 Nov 3, 2008
the large influx of "guest workers" in patchogue will ensure this anchor will be just that, sunk and out of sight within 2 years of it opening
Bob

New York, NY

#4 Nov 3, 2008
I live in Patchogue and I can't visualize exactly where this is going to be. There's already a huge gym in the Briarcliffe College building.
Sounds like this may put them out of business
Cybrkitn

Florham Park, NJ

#5 Nov 3, 2008
I'm glad they are building this and can't wait for it to open. It will make it closer for the local schools (public and private) to have swimmning lessons for the kids. It will also make it easier for my husband and I to bring our son down to swim.

Does anyone know what will happen to the facility in Holtsville? Will it stay open or is the one in Patchogue replacing it?
Bonacker

Port Washington, NY

#6 Nov 3, 2008
Cybrkitn wrote:
I'm glad they are building this and can't wait for it to open. It will make it closer for the local schools (public and private) to have swimmning lessons for the kids. It will also make it easier for my husband and I to bring our son down to swim.
Does anyone know what will happen to the facility in Holtsville? Will it stay open or is the one in Patchogue replacing it?
The article said the Holtsville location will remain open. I think this is another great addition to the Village of Patchogue. Everytime I am in Patchogue I see new restaurants and coffee shops and every one I've tried has been very good to great. Even with the less than stellar economy, Main St. seems to be quite vibrant. People are really dedicated to shopping locally and do not have a sprawled out Nassau County approach.
catinhat

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Nov 3, 2008
I think this is great news too -- I'll definitely join.

I love that Patchogue is once again a place where you can spend the day (library, shopping) and then go out at night (restaurants, theater).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brookhaven town renamed to Crookhaven town 5 hr Stop Crookhaven 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr jthartford 6,435
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr Very odd 118,250
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr dissapointed 16,787
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) 20 hr Jules 87
you left your dog behind Tue patchogue resident 5
Review: Face Off Racing (Feb '10) Sep 15 rob 210
•••

Holtsville News Video

•••
Holtsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Holtsville Jobs

•••