Man led cops on two county chase at 110 mph

Full story: Newsday

When he passed the Nassau County Police Department Highway Patrol officer on the Long Island Expressway during the Tuesday night rush hour in Woodbury, police said Paul Fazio was going 110 mph.
Comments
161 - 180 of 196 Comments Last updated Mar 3, 2014
nun4utoo

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Chris wrote:
Lets see. Italian, from Mastic, and running from the Police. No surprise here, a threepeat offender.
u need a goodfella to pay you a visit i see.greenport is any better?give us all a break from your stupidity!
Shoots and scores

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Go figure wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter where you have moved, you are still from Shirley. There is no getting away from it. You will be a dirtbag down there as you were here. And for someone who is so proud of moving out of this place, why are you on your computer still reading about LI? See you back in a year, as the only place you will be able to afford to live is Shirley after you have made $7 an hour down in good ole NC.
Whatever pal. You sound real bitter, like your trapped in that sewer of a town. If you ever get a chance you should try and expereience life for a while. Long Island isn't the only place on earth. You're comments are probably so obtuse because you've never even been past Montauk Highway. Have fun smoking weed with your buddies and playing cards in the basement of your Mommy and Daddy's house.
Brian North Babylon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Couldn't an 18 wheeler truck driver just swerve into this a holes way? I mean just enough to save us all money. I would buy him a steak and lobster meal (the truck driver)
You are kidding me Right

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Bill wrote:
Hmm I suppose some lawyer will plead that he used some cough medicine or something to make him crazy and do this stupid thing. Oh yeah, they better get a faster helicopter!!
Maybe he was sleep driving on AMBIEN!!!
Voice of Reason

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Well, I see a few people have realized that a few nut job bikers have spoiled it for the rest of the bunch, and that race is no issue. I'm not sure I understand this sentiment of letting people go. People are lookin at this one incident in Farmingdale, it was a tragedy yes. It was also a fluke. It would have been a bigger mistake and let the person stay on the road and kill far more people. Plus, people who run, usually have another reason to run, i.e. a more serious offense. For instance, someone commits cold blooded murder or a family, gets in their car and runs. It isn't discovered, but someone tries to pull him over - now, should we have let him go? Enough said, and enough monday morning quarterbacking.
paul

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

I can't resist this one, since no one else brought it up; Know the only way to avoid getting rear ended on a motorcycle, or anything else? Why it's simple! You just have to go faster than everybody else !! Mabye I should try that on the next cop that pulls me over for speeding? Naaaa, it may not work, and might have a negative effect on things.
Go figure

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Shoots and scores wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever pal. You sound real bitter, like your trapped in that sewer of a town. If you ever get a chance you should try and expereience life for a while. Long Island isn't the only place on earth. You're comments are probably so obtuse because you've never even been past Montauk Highway. Have fun smoking weed with your buddies and playing cards in the basement of your Mommy and Daddy's house.
Nice response. Is that the best you got? Just wait til you come home one day and some porch monkey is shooting and scoring in your wife.
Bessie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

It should have been $15,000 bail. Maniacs like this are on the highway constantly and endangering the lives of innocents. I say jail the guy for a few years. Maybe he can learn a lesson here. Or not. (depending on how stupid he is.)
In the know

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Paul Fazio has been driving without a license since he was 17. He makes a mockery out of the court system. He has been driving like this for years. It's amazing he's still suckering people like Tami in with his old sob stories. At 37, he is permanently stuck in his 17-year old mindset. Why is he a revolving door in the court system? Judges are too soft on this kind of behavior, and no one knows it better than Fazio. He hit the woods to get rid of what was in his pockets, and it wasn't cigarettes. Some things never change.
a patriot

Beacon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

When I served my country in Iraq, I worked convoy security. WE didnt have a problem with people driving recklessly or trying to outmanuever our convoys. We had signs in english and arabic on our vehicles which clearly stated that deadly force will be used against you if you attempted to alude our convoy. Our motto was "cruel intentions". EVERYONE knew what that ment. This thing on long Island about showing people mercy with a little fine and slap on the wrist is beyond rediculous. No wonder americans are known as "papertigers". My men would have solved this pursuit very quickly with a well placed headshot. Now THATS what I'm talking about.
come back to reality

Belmar, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Paul Fazio doesn't play by the rules or respect them. He most likely doesn't even have a motorcycle endorsement on his suspended license. He is just another jerk who only cares about himself. Meanwhile the rest of us who play by the rules get to enjoy higher insurance premiums and frustration with the law because the penalty for his actions doesn't fit the crime. He needs to go to jail.
Bro Hughes

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

a patriot wrote:
When I served my country in Iraq, I worked convoy security. WE didnt have a problem with people driving recklessly or trying to outmanuever our convoys. We had signs in english and arabic on our vehicles which clearly stated that deadly force will be used against you if you attempted to alude our convoy. Our motto was "cruel intentions". EVERYONE knew what that ment. This thing on long Island about showing people mercy with a little fine and slap on the wrist is beyond rediculous. No wonder americans are known as "papertigers". My men would have solved this pursuit very quickly with a well placed headshot. Now THATS what I'm talking about.
Well, that's why you were a good soldier and, fortunately, not a cop.
Bro Hughes

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

TEDDIE GIRL wrote:
This is for Common Sense,
I know that alot of people think that this was a good thing to chase this guy.They could have done it in a different way. The father of 2 who was killed in Farmingdale,his son worked with my husband.That man was just minding his own buisness sitting in his living room watching t.v.when that idiot the cops were chasing slammed into his house and pinned him under his car. The man did not die instantly,his son and wife watched him slowly die because they could not get the car off of him until they secured the house from collapsing. So I wonder if you still think it's a good idea to chase a stupid idiot like this guy at 140 miles an hour just to take his motorcycle away.
Yes, it still is, in many cases. That was a freak accident. Otherwise, these guys will just get the message that the cops won't bother to chase them and it will be bedlam.
John

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Billy M wrote:
Why risk the lives of others to chase a fleeing motorcyle for traffic violations? Is it that serious? Putting a helocopter in the air was a huge waste of money and these officers' supervisors should be reprimanded for allowing it to go on!!!!!
Thats the peoples republik of NY for you. Don't you feel safer with this one speeder off the road? This B.S. will probably cost taxpayers $20K after court costs, the helicopter, etc,

They should spend the resources rounding up the illegals, you know, the ones that are here doing the work that Americans don't want to do, and sending them right back to Mehico.
ginny

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

the bail was too low are you kidding?? do you really think he will appear for his arraignment? he put so many people at risk he shold remained in JAIL
Meg Stewart

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

For the "fellow speed junkie" you are an a-hole, what if you killed that so called soccer mom and her 5 kids in the car, would that change your attitude? I would think so...or judging by your "speedie attitude" you probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Nailed To Gold

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Fellow LIer wrote:
<quoted text>
Then learn how to use that form of humor...sarcasm is an ironic taunt. Reading your ridiculous post didn't smack of sarcasm, you sounded like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. What's sarcastic about your post?
Go check my original post.

Again, I think its great that this guy outran the cops - cops need some humility once in a while.
Nailed To Gold

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Meg Stewart wrote:
For the "fellow speed junkie" you are an a-hole, what if you killed that so called soccer mom and her 5 kids in the car, would that change your attitude? I would think so...or judging by your "speedie attitude" you probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
I would only be upset if it was Audrey Hollander starring in Latex Soccer Moms that was killed.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Bimbo Island wrote:
<quoted text>
Edwardo, the speed on the LIE should be upped to about 75 at least. Hell I do that on Sound Avenue.
Dear Bim,

Sound Avenue's the right place FOR YOU to do 75, there're plenty of big solid trees right at the edge of the road to help impress upon with the danger of driving like a moron. When you meet the right one, you'll be slowing down from then on, it's called learning 'The Hard Way'. I've discovered that moron's seldom learn anything by any other method, but this way always proves to be most effective.

Just a guess, but you voted for Bush both times ?

Seems logical !
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

a patriot wrote:
No Wonder we're Losing !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr JUDEletePete 117,945
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr Vote Zornow 6,408
Slime Bags (May '12) 13 hr Busted 9
Ground Spraying for West Nile in Rocky Point Se... 14 hr Erin 1
Why hasn't CHRIS PARSLEY been arrested? (Feb '13) Tue Billy Troel 6
Gay Friendly Sayville? Tue Peter Cheeks 1
Review: Alan S Gross Plumbing & Htg (May '09) Aug 24 Dorothy Chartrand 5
•••

Holtsville News Video

•••
•••

Holtsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000