10,000 packets of heroin seized in Sm...

10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust

There are 154 comments on the Empire State News story from Nov 21, 2008, titled 10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust. In it, Empire State News reports that:

SMITHTOWN Suffolk County Police have arrested a Smithtown man and seized approximately 10,000 packets of heroin, more than one kilogram of cocaine, over 100 oxycodone pills and almost one pound of marijuana ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Empire State News.

agent 88

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Jan 6, 2009
he only did what he had to do to survive. the junkies will always be there even if i was dealn you were dealn or anyone the junkies will always be there and always want it its not his fault that dope is around and it makes allot of money when you sell it and people want it blame the people who do the drugs don't thats all ant had specially being so hard to get an even legit job nowadays thats what he had to do.... sorry for the parents who lost there children to doing this drug but it was there choice not the dealers

FREE WHITEY FREE WHITEY FREE WHITEY
Louisville

Toronto, Canada

#24 Jan 7, 2009
Hey Agent 88,

On less punkass drug dealer off the street is all that matters. I think the question is what does Agent "88" mean. You better hope this isn't what I think this is.
fed up mom

Hicksville, NY

#25 Jan 7, 2009
agent 88 wrote:
he only did what he had to do to survive. the junkies will always be there even if i was dealn you were dealn or anyone the junkies will always be there and always want it its not his fault that dope is around and it makes allot of money when you sell it and people want it blame the people who do the drugs don't thats all ant had specially being so hard to get an even legit job nowadays thats what he had to do.... sorry for the parents who lost there children to doing this drug but it was there choice not the dealers
FREE WHITEY FREE WHITEY FREE WHITEY
Is it really the choice of a child to become an addict? Yes, a choice is made, and a bad choice at that, when heroine is offered and taken, but defending this lifestyle is ignorant and dangerous. Obviously there are many uneducated people that will advocate this behavior, but seriously, read what you have written. Its not so hard to get a "legit" job, if you are willing to work at it. Living a clean life is not about instant gratification. It sounds like you are yet another lazy child that has been spoiled and somehow feel entitled to everything others have worked hard to achieve. Drugs ruin lives, addicts don't live, they just exist until they either get clean or die. Dealers are responsible, because they supply what ruins lives, so they can make a buck. It is a vicious cycle and needs to stop. Open your eyes and wake up. You sound like you are heading down a bad road yourself. Get some help and make something of the life you were given.
suburbia

Oyster Bay, NY

#26 Jan 17, 2009
yo anthony was a realy chill kid your right he always looked out for people and to everyone who thinks its the drug dealers fault get off yr high horse no ones fourcing anyone to take drugs the anthony only saw an opertunity to capitalize on other peoples desires and truely he was just living up to the american dream- Sides if the goverment wanted to stop drugs then how does 100 of pounds of cocain and heroin make it into the country every year, never being caught but magicaly the last man on the totempole gets incarseated?
suburbia

Oyster Bay, NY

#27 Jan 17, 2009
to fed up mom - what about alcohol and cigs??? well weres the war on that shit wheres the war on watching my father get drunk every night and walk around the house in a drunlen stuper yelling and screaming, who's fighting for my friend who's father has molested her and beats the crap out of her weekly because he's drunk... well? no one will help her her father gets to walk free meanwhile he will kill someone one day he has tried theoredicaly... but you seem to neglect to mention these substances, or how the goverment makes billions of dollars yearly off of taxing these two substances that will kill you and will kill others but yet a dealer should be punished while the goverment stuffs their pockets.... i'M NOT SAYING DRUGS ARE GOOD DON't get me wrong i'm just saying that the dealers are not soley to blame and their punishments are too extreme.... for the land of the free big brother really seems to keep our hands tied behind our backs
suburbia

Oyster Bay, NY

#28 Jan 17, 2009
right on agent 88!!
fed up mom

Hicksville, NY

#29 Jan 17, 2009
suburbia wrote:
to fed up mom - what about alcohol and cigs??? well weres the war on that shit wheres the war on watching my father get drunk every night and walk around the house in a drunlen stuper yelling and screaming, who's fighting for my friend who's father has molested her and beats the crap out of her weekly because he's drunk... well? no one will help her her father gets to walk free meanwhile he will kill someone one day he has tried theoredicaly... but you seem to neglect to mention these substances, or how the goverment makes billions of dollars yearly off of taxing these two substances that will kill you and will kill others but yet a dealer should be punished while the goverment stuffs their pockets.... i'M NOT SAYING DRUGS ARE GOOD DON't get me wrong i'm just saying that the dealers are not soley to blame and their punishments are too extreme.... for the land of the free big brother really seems to keep our hands tied behind our backs
I'm certainly not advocating the abuse of alcohol, or cigarettes. However, both are legal. You happen to live in a society that tries to protect its people. Cigarette taxes are implemented to deter purchases. Lets face it, taxes are the means by which "the land of the free" survive. Where else should all the money come from that provides you with the lifestyle you have? I am sorry you live with a drunken father, but his alcoholism is not the fault of our government, but his own weaknesses and addiction. All addictions are horrific and he like many others needs help. We live in a society of laws and social responsibility. We can not allow people to sell illegal drugs and not be prosecuted. If we did not have laws our country would be no better than a third world country with people running around harming innocent people. You need to understand that although it seems to you that your government is out to get you, you have a voice and your generation has much to offer as far as correcting the wrongs. Putting all of this effort into fighting for a drug dealers rights is a waste of time. What about campaigning for his rehabilitation and education while he is in the system, so he can come out and be a valuable member of our society. Instead of advocating his behavior, try to understand that it is wrong, he made bad choices and the result for him has led him here. That is a shame, hopefully he can be a success story. But do understand that the garbage he was selling is guaranteed to ruin more lives. It is addictive in itself, unlike alcohol and even other drugs, you don't need the "addiction" predetermination to get hooked. How can you honestly say it was ok for him to be a heroine dealer? You are obviously young and angry with the society you live in because you are focused on only the negative. Maybe you need to wake up tomorrow and take note of all the things you can do every day just because you live in a country that has laws and freedoms. Without these laws and freedoms, it would be unsafe for you to leave your house!! Don't fight freedom, fight for the freedoms you have. Anarchy is fashionable, but not new, young people have been fighting the government since the beginning of time, you are not original, and honestly the government needs to be challenged to keep it balanced. But supporting a heroine dealer is just plain ignorant. Can you honestly say its ok to sell heroine, or use heroine?? How many addicts do you know that have any quality of life? Its the same ugly story. I hope you can find peace in your life by putting all of this negative energy you have to good use. You might actually have children someday, that you will want to be protected from the horrors of illegal drugs. Use your knowledge and life experience in positive way, so we can all benefit from it. Watch the news tonight and see what is going on all over the world, maybe then you will see how truly lucky you are.
Louisville

Toronto, Canada

#30 Jan 20, 2009
Suburbia a.k.a. uneducated punkass,

Learn how to spell. And I will deal with you later.
suburbias brother

Oyster Bay, NY

#31 Jan 22, 2009
Louisville wrote:
Suburbia a.k.a. uneducated punkass,
Learn how to spell. And I will deal with you later.
exactly how do you plan on dealing with suburbia latter smartass
Louisville

Toronto, Canada

#32 Jan 23, 2009
Suburbias Brother,

You must be as stupid as your brother. It is spelled "LATER" not LATTER". Before you offer the challenge, understand what you are getting yourself into.
realistic

Redmond, WA

#33 Feb 13, 2009
Lmao... i understand where these people like "fed up mom" is comin from.

But be realistic. If you havnt faced some of these decisions people face everyday how smart are you to comment and go back and forth about it?

I don't watch hockey but i don't sit here and try to act like i understand it, claimin what's good or bad about it.

Just cause you don't know what its like to not be able to find a job, to not have anyone to turn to when you need somethin to eat.

So don't sit here and tell us what's right or wrong. Just sit there and live your happy lives, don't try to tell us how to live.
The Change Plan

Mesquite, NV

#34 Feb 14, 2009
All these drugs where to help the People when they
get there NEW TAX BILLS after the PONZI SCAM IS signed into LAW !
They were to be used to ease the PAIN of CHANGE AMERICA !
Now America has to go COLD TURKEY ?
mike from pa

Akron, OH

#35 Mar 3, 2009
obviously none of you have done heroin or oxycodone, they are the best high and you people need to loosen up and try it
ur guilty

New York, NY

#36 Jul 27, 2009
ANTHONY IS THE BIGGEST SNITCH...HE NEEDS TO BE A MAN AND DO HIS TIME AND STOP MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS, HE NEEDS TO ROT IN JAIL THAT ASS WHOLE..... ALONG WITH HIS SKINNY DEMENTED BITCH ASS GIRLFRIEND THAT ARE GUILTY OF ALOT OF SHIT..... AND THOSE WHO BUY HEROIN I FEEL NO PITTY.. YOUR OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WAHT YOUR GETTING YOURSELF INTO. FUCKIN DUMB ASS HEROIN FEINS..ITS NOT THE SELLERS FAULT IS THE BUYERS, NO SYMPATHY AT ALL, THERE DUMB ASSES WANT TO DIE LET THEM... SUFFOLK COUNTY DA NEEDS TO STOP EXPLOITING THE HEROIN BUST AND STOP ACTING LIKE THERE NOT CORRUPTED AND THATS WHERE THEY MAKE THERE MONEY... ASSWHOLES.I ALWAYS SAY SNITHCES DON'T LIVE LONG...GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY!
SJ Parent

Stony Brook, NY

#37 Aug 12, 2009
For every one like Anthony who goes to jail, there is one to step in where he left off. He probably stepped in for someone else and so on and so on. Smithtown and St. James parents ... STOP handing your kids cash, dollars don't buy your time ... STOP teaching them it is what you have and not who you are that counts ... STOP thinking that you are better than those less fortunate, to a dealer or drug distributor, Wyandanch is the same as St. James ... STOP believing that it is not in our schools ... STOP thinking "not my kid" ...
BBuster

Toronto, Canada

#38 Aug 12, 2009
Mike from pa,

If we all took your advice we would all be dead. So why don't you take your advice and follow through with it. One less loser dirtbag to breath my air.
parent of 3

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Sep 28, 2009
what is your problem.. do you not have kids..there are jobs out there.. but everyone wants the big bucks.. the days of making an honest living have gone out the door because of people who think like you. everyone thinks they are entitled to everything.. drug dealers are nothing more than losers who love to bring everyone down with them. they care about no one. you are part of the problem... get out there and educate the kids.. don't glorify drug dealers and the money..
chillen

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Oct 5, 2009
look everyone especially fed up mom, i used to live in smithtown and ur kids or anyones kids are going to get any drug they want no matter where they go, theres alot worse towns then smithtown out there its just all the white rich fucks like ur self make a huge deal about it if there not gettin heroin from this kid theres always someone else and noone is putting a needle in these kids arms put the blame on the user not the dealer because if ur addicted ur addicted and u will get it no matter what
BBuster

Toronto, Canada

#42 Oct 6, 2009
Chillen a.k.a. stupid homey,

I grew up in Smithtown in the 80's when shit was way more crazier and punkasses like yourself with your stupid comments were manhandled and put in car trunks. We all know that it is a two headed problem, dealer and user, so don't be playing the race card when it has nothing to do with black and white. This is an unfortunate epidemic that has infiltrated these great towns. People have made these towns what they are due to their hard work and morals. So don't add fuel to the fire.

Know what I'm saying aaiiighht !!!!!!
Darren

Staatsburg, NY

#43 Oct 6, 2009
does anyone have an update on this case? My guess is he is going to be doing 25-life... would love an update if any of you are aware of this case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmingville, NY (Jul '10) 5 hr Chuck 36
attn Adoptees and Birthparents & Siblings Reunite! (Jan '12) Mon joan 24
News Arrest ends probe into teen's overdose (Mar '07) Mon F_Rogers 188
News Twist in Croci's path to war zone Mar 25 What Hero 8
News Police dig up East Islip backyard in search of ... (Jan '08) Mar 22 Mystery 88
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Mar 21 Janice P 118
Review: Joseph P Price Agency Inc (Aug '09) Jan '17 Steve 8

Holtsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holtsville Mortgages