Parents of girls killed in fire speak...

Parents of girls killed in fire speak out, council proposes changes

There are 1 comment on the KRCG-TV Jefferson City story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Parents of girls killed in fire speak out, council proposes changes. In it, KRCG-TV Jefferson City reports that:

City leaders in Holts Summit say they're getting serious about fire safety. During a special meeting Monday night, the council proposed changed to city codes with an emphasis on rental properties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRCG-TV Jefferson City.

Tom Durham

Gulf Shores, AL

#1 Jan 21, 2009
I have always been a fan of smoke detectors.
The problem with them is if you have source of smoke from an open fire you will likely have them going off a lot for other reasons than smoke from a source that endangers the home and residents.
I am thinking of situations where a home has for instance a fireplace. An alarm that goes off too frequently will likely wind up being disconnected after a while.
Also you have to remember to keep the batteries changed.
Fire code changes for homes within the city limits certainly are a step in the right direction. However would these changes apply to preexisting residences?
just some thoughts.
Tom Durham

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holts Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THOSE WHO JUDGE ( WILL BE JUDGE ) repent 21 hr LAKE OF FIRE 1
News Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens may face criminal c... Wed Kev from Michigan 1
Poll How were you normally spanked growing up? (Feb '08) Apr 16 John 5
News Missouri governor's scandal ensnares unwitting ... Apr 15 RustyS 1
Governor Greitens ( MESSAGE FROM GOD ) REPENT Apr 13 repent now 1
Satan Is The Accuser Of The Saints ( REPENT) Apr 13 repent now 1
Josh Hawley ( STAND BEHIND YOUR BROTHER) Apr 13 repent now 1

Holts Summit Jobs

Personal Finance

Holts Summit Mortgages