Car strikes pedestrian in Hallandale Beach

There are 17 comments on the Apr 1, 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel story titled Car strikes pedestrian in Hallandale Beach. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A car struck a woman pedestrian, sending her to the hospital with serious injuries this morning, Hallandale Beach police spokesman Detective Eric Williams said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Redneck

Fort Pierce, FL

#2 Apr 1, 2009
How do you spell crosswalk in Spanish?
In CSprings

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Wow, two stupid jay-walking pedestrians knocked off in one day. Or maybe they were both just walking along IN the street as I see too often these days.
Schweedy Balls

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Redneck wrote:
How do you spell crosswalk in Spanish?
It is spelled...Unemployed redneck in Jupiter.
yoursofuckingret ard3d

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Apr 1, 2009
Schweedy Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
lmfao stpuid ass.......

10 points for the driver as far as i c it if some dumbass is walking in the middle of the street and the sign has a big red flashing hand and they ignore it then there faregame 10 points. otherwise STAY THE HELL OUTTA THE ROAD AND WAIT FOR THE CROSSWALK SIGN RE-RE
County

Miami, FL

#9 Apr 1, 2009
I see that the epidemic has moved to south east Broward County.
cillme

Hollywood, FL

#10 Apr 1, 2009
I think the car got hit by a pedestrian
Hows be Dat

Miami, FL

#11 Apr 1, 2009
Not many details here but I just had to check when seeing the headline as to how many octogenerians were involved.
Stay tuned. Film at 11.
Redneck

Fort Pierce, FL

#16 Apr 2, 2009
Schweedy Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a great job, you must be looking in the mirror!
Lassie

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Apr 3, 2009
I'll never figure out why some people are just too stupid to cross a street safely.
Censor Beater

Hallandale, FL

#20 Apr 3, 2009
Should have hit her harder.
BenhalamelaVerga

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 Apr 3, 2009
Star Spangled Toilet wrote:
Not suprise.
The old hag was Jay Walking and should be tazered after recovery.
Old hag? Is a 29 year old an old hag?
BenhalamelaVerga

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Apr 3, 2009
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a great job, you must be looking in the mirror!
Yes, redneck we all know you have a great job at the KKK
Jake

AOL

#24 Apr 4, 2009
At least we are number one in something...spouting garbage and hate regardless of the circumstances or facts to back them up. This is on every post...everybody wants to look cute in the mirror, but there are no f...ing mirrors!!!!

As a resident of the area, NE 10 Avenue I see the recklessness that takes place in the neighborhoods. The speed limit posted is 25 mph and some roads are one way. Yet we have cars leaving the race track cutting through the neighborhood at fifty or more mph; even police cruisers outdoing fifty to sixty mph without lights or sireens. Sometimes police enforce the laws (hypocrites), but most times you can seem breaking the law themselves. Maybe street calming devices is the answer?

...And City of Hallandale, where the hell are your code officers. The City does not see the tarp on peoples roofs and half trailers parked infront of condos since the last hurricane? What the F..ck!!!
Hallandale Resident

West Palm Beach, FL

#25 Apr 4, 2009
I agree with Jake, it's very common for people who do not live in the Hallandale area to comment on situations that do not affect them personally. Do you even know where Hallandale is. Clean up your own homes and neighborhoods first before criticizing places that you've never even heard of.
concerned one

United States

#26 Apr 4, 2009
Ignignokt wrote:
<quoted text>MOST LIKELY CAUSED BY A WOMAN DRIVER. THEY ARE THE WORST OF THE WORST AND BELONG IN THE KITCHEN.
HEY LADIES - GO FIX ME A BEER!
Negative.

The ROOT CAUSE of this incident is AUTO VEHICLES.
concerned one

United States

#27 Apr 4, 2009
cillme wrote:
I think the car got hit by a pedestrian
Negative.

The pedestrian got hit by a car.
Redneck

Fort Pierce, FL

#28 Apr 6, 2009
BenhalamelaVerga wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, redneck we all know you have a great job at the KKK
Is that what ya'll call FPL?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Earthling-1 52,840
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Tinka 1,219,663
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 309,668
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 69,671
Fire in Edgewater?? 10 hr Peteirar 1
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 13 hr Mrniceguy 31
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr Ironman3 97,141
More from around the web

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]