Plymouth Colony: The Salvation Army o...

Plymouth Colony: The Salvation Army officially opened its 34-ap...

There are 33 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 15, 2009, titled Plymouth Colony: The Salvation Army officially opened its 34-ap.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Salvation Army officially opened its 34-apartment transitional housing complex today after a year of repairs and renovations that cost about $2 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“People First”

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood

#22 May 17, 2009
crime wrote:
where is this place in hollyhood?
1900 block of Sherman St.,close to US1 to take advantage of all the 'Road to Bagdad' amenities.

crime

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23 May 18, 2009
West Hollywood Dissident wrote:
<quoted text>
1900 block of Sherman St.,close to US1 to take advantage of all the 'Road to Bagdad' amenities.
Thank God!!! I was sure the city had put it over here on the West side of the city....the side they do not have to look at.( or do anything for).
I am sure if Mara had a say, it would have been right over here in the hood.

“People First”

Hollywood

#24 May 18, 2009
crime wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God!!! I was sure the city had put it over here on the West side of the city....the side they do not have to look at.( or do anything for).
I am sure if Mara had a say, it would have been right over here in the hood.
DOC is determined to put a probation office at 6545 Taft St. in with the WIC offices. One stop shopping for all criminals and lowlifes south of SR84 to the County Line. Priceless.

crime

Location hidden

#25 May 18, 2009
<quoted text>
DOC is determined to put a probation office at 6545 Taft St. in with the WIC offices. One stop shopping for all criminals and lowlifes south of SR84 to the County Line. Priceless.
Oh good lord!!!......The City of Hollywood should just go ahead and cut us loose, maybe we can beg Pembroke Pines to pick us up!!!

“People First”

Hollywood

#26 May 20, 2009
crime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good lord!!!......The City of Hollywood should just go ahead and cut us loose, maybe we can beg Pembroke Pines to pick us up!!!
Let's petition The Seminole Nation to annex us, and cut loose of Hollywood!

crime

Location hidden

#27 May 20, 2009
<quoted text>
Let's petition The Seminole Nation to annex us, and cut loose of Hollywood!
that would be great....all those poker dollars would help fix us up!!!!
Start the petition...
To all the village idiots

United States

#28 May 22, 2009
Man, I thought villages were allowed only one idiot per. Where did S Florida get so many from?

Just about half of the posts are on how could Salvation Army wastes the donated money on counter tops.
Any of the mentioned above even stopped one second to think that, maybe they were donated?
To all the village idiots

United States

#29 May 22, 2009
Steamboat Willie wrote:
Hey, guys, don't focus quite so much on the granite counter tops. I am not familiar with this particular facility but I am quite familiar with others like it. Quite often churches and charitable groups like the Salvation Army are able to bring large projects to completion with the aid of many volunteer individuals and companies.
Quite often, when these facilities contain items that might be termed as "luxurious" they were donated by a company that had them on hand and was willing to donate and install them at little or no charge.
I'm guessing that this apartment complex, as large as it is, was completed in much the same manner. I really do applaud the Salvation Arm for all its efforts on behalf of so many people.
Finally a sensible post.
I work in the electrical field and we always have left over, especially light fixtures. Some of them quite luxurious, priced even as high as $ 1,000.00.
Next time I'll tell my boss to buy $20.00 fixtures when he plans to donate time and material to these projects and throw away the nicer fixtures.
H0MELESS TEEN MOTHER

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 May 24, 2010
County wrote:
There are people who get into bad situations but then many choose that life. They get pregnant as a teenager and have more than one before they are 20. As for a job most didn't bother finishing school or even get a GED so they can't get a decent job. Teenage pregnancy can be prevented but many don't because some think it's just so cool to have a baby and then go on to raise it or them at the taxpayers expense.
LET ME JUST TELL YOU.. NO 0NE CH00SES T0 LIVE IN THE STREETS WITH THIER CHILDREN! AND I GOT PREGNANT AS A TEEN, AND AM NOW PREGNANT AGAIN AT 20..BUT LET ME TELL YOU .. I HAVE MY GED , AND HAVE APPLIED AT MANY JOBS AND JUST HAVENT GOTTEN HIRED SO BEFORE YOU GO JUDGING PEOPLE YOU HAVE *NO* CLUE ABOUT, YOU SHOULD GET SOME FACTS B4 YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK DUMB AGAIN. AND 'SOME JUST THINK ITS COOL TO HAVE A BABY AND RAISE THEM AT A TAXPAYERS EXPENSE'- YOUR A DUMB MUTHERF**KER. Y0U G0N PAY TAXES REGARDLESS YOU SELFISH FUCK, AND BELIEVE ME ..WE COULD CARELESS WHERE THE HELP COMES FROM AS LONG AS IT COMES. JUST FOR YOU RUNNING YOUR MOUTH I BET YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY WILL WALK IN OUR SHOES SOON ENUFF & YOU WILL BITE YOUR TOUNGE. N WHAT IVE WANTED TO TELL U ALL ALONG... F--- YOU.
To all the haters -

West Palm Beach, FL

#33 Aug 17, 2011
unreal wrote:
How the hell can I get in on that?? I would LOVE to live rent free for up to two years!! Granite counter tops??? Stainless steel appliances???? Hmmmmmm........
First of all, they don't live rent-free. They are charged based on their income and their ability to pay. And what the hell is wrong with you people? Bitching because people worse off than you get to live in a place w/granite countertops? I can almost guarantee that I work longer and harder than all of you. In fact, based on some of these selfish comments, I'm guessing that you are all bosses who don't pay your employees what they're worth - which is why many of them are in the situation they are in now. The only bad decision they made was agreeing to work for such paltry wages.
cha cha

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#34 May 8, 2012
Cristina wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an FYI it is mandatory that they take care of them. These families have regular inspections on their apartments and are only moved to this facility when they have met certain guidlines. There is a resident care taker that lives on site at the facilities and does the random inspections. These families also pay rent to live there. That is calculated based on there income. These families have been through enough to have to deal with negative remarks from some one like you. I know this information, cause i was in the same position as these families are. I was a single mom and ended up almost on the streets do to loss of income. I turned to them and they helped me with out any question. To them i am grateful. I was not as fortunate enough to enjoy the new facilities, but the old ones were not as bad as they are saying. The place just needed some TLC, due to neglect by the Salvation Army over so many years. Watch one day you may need their services and i pray they don't judge you as quick as you have judged them.
I currently live at the Plymouth Colony. Yes they do random check of the place, as well as drug test. The place is beautiful. Itís gated all the way around. This is a window of opportunity for me get my financial situation back on track and finish school.
unknownstar

Miami, FL

#35 Sep 25, 2012
Just an FYI it is mandatory that they take care of them.
Cristina wrote:
<quoted text>
These families have regular inspections on their apartments and are only moved to this facility when they have met certain guidlines. There is a resident care taker that lives on site at the facilities and does the random inspections. These families also pay rent to live there. That is calculated based on there income. These families have been through enough to have to deal with negative remarks from some one like you. I know this information, cause i was in the same position as these families are. I was a single mom and ended up almost on the streets do to loss of income. I turned to them and they helped me with out any question. To them i am grateful. I was not as fortunate enough to enjoy the new facilities, but the old ones were not as bad as they are saying. The place just needed some TLC, due to neglect by the Salvation Army over so many years. Watch one day you may need their services and i pray they don't judge you as quick as you have judged them.
nesa

United States

#36 Apr 15, 2015
Ignorance Central wrote:
<quoted text>
It's mandatory that Section 8 recipients take care of their homes too but they sure as hell don't.
The next time I see a Salvation Army santa asking for my hard earned money this Christmas I will be sure to laugh in his face and ask him if the money he has collected will buy granite counter tops.
A bunch of ignorant cluts you all are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 320,315
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,643,528
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,151
Hey Coward Jew Boy >> Yeah You Israel 21 hr operation gladio 4
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Tue zazz 98,588
News Kara Lundgren Appointed General Manager of Circ... Nov 20 joyce reiner 2
News Drug addiction treatment center too costly, Bro... (May '08) Nov 13 Christie Taylor 114

Hollywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollywood Mortgages