Hollywood city manager arrested on DU...

Hollywood city manager arrested on DUI charge

There are 1 comment on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 25, 2012, titled Hollywood city manager arrested on DUI charge. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

New City Manager Doug Hewett was arrested on a DUI charge at 3:20 a.m. on Easter Sunday in North Miami, less than six weeks after his first day on the job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

spooky60

AOL

#1 May 26, 2012
Now he should be fired, not asked to resign, and in addition not be allowed to hold and I mean any public office for the rest of his life as well as give up any retirement package and any perks he earned before being caught. I am sure this is not the first time he has done this and it wonÂ’t be the last. By driving drunk it is the same as attempted murder and should be treated as such. He should be considered a felon and all rights as a citizen are revoked. Let this be a warning to all those that serve the public. They are supposed to set an example not be one.
Driving after drinking is the same as attempted murder.
Doug Hewett's first day will be Feb. 27 and he'll make $172,000 a year.
Hewett, 40, assistant city manager in Fayetteville, N.C., prevailed over five other candidates vying to be Hollywood's top executive.
The city will also pay $125 a month toward Hewett's city cellphone, as well as a $500 monthly automobile allowance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,420,361
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Actual Science 61,084
Review: ECO General Contractors Hollywood 3 hr bill mori 2
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr zazz 98,176
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Blue November 311,629
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr Ize Found 70,974
Heroin in Opa Locka (Oct '12) Aug 27 annonfromPGH 13

Hollywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollywood Mortgages