Armed robber receives maximum life sentence in Broward County -...

Full story: SouthFlorida.com

Billy James Lewis was sentenced to life in prison Thursday for robbing a clerk in a Hollywood check-cashing store.
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated May 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 20, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carol wrote:
im a sister of the victim that was shot and robbed.i hope BILLY LEWIS rots in hell and he gets his nose against a cell wall everyday that he has breath in him
I'm with you on that one. This lowlife robbed,then had murdered,a totally innocent person. I'm sure that satan is preparing a special,very hot,place for Billy Lewis.May he roast in hell.
WTF

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 20, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey people, what the hell is wrong with all of you! We don't live in a country where sentence is passed on someone without a conviction. I am not on his side, nor do I condone his actions. He is not even a suspect, according to the police. So if you people are content to have a justice system like this, then I guess you don't mind being dragged out of your homes, beaten, imprisoned, executed, etc. This is where it all starts people. Pass on judgment before a conviction? You might as well put on your swastikas!!!
hmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 20, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Typical Lauderdale Lakes animal.
LADY D

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 20, 2007
 
As a cousin of Billy Lewis it is unfortunate what happened here, but none of us were there and we don't know if he did it or not. The judge sentenced him based on the fact that the Mrs. McReynolds was murdered and if he was at the Broward County Courthouse with his lawyer asking for postponement of the trial the day Mrs. McReynolds was murdered he couldn't have killed her, but I am not the judge or the jury. Do you think bashing this mother and son is going to make anything better no it's not. What we should be doing is praying for the safety and well being of the bereaved family and the 4 children and wife that are left behind after all of this. God forbid the killer comes forward are you internet bashers going to come back on here and type a message of apology? No, you are not so if you can't help the case don't say anything because he wasn't proven guilty the judge just passed judgement based on events that happened after the fact. As a matter of fact, if he was white there would be no messages on this board at all especially not like some of the ones that I have read so far. Peace and blessings to all of you and I pray that we all can one day just realize that white people, black people, Spanish people, etc make mistakes and God is the final judge of us all.
LADY D

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jul 20, 2007
 
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 kids, which brings me to my next point where in the HELL did he get money to pay someone to kill this woman. If he wanted her dead he could have killed her when he did the robbery and left no witnesses. Billy was also a very bright young man so he would have covered all bases.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 20, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 kids, which brings me to my next point where in the HELL did he get money to pay someone to kill this woman. If he wanted her dead he could have killed her when he did the robbery and left no witnesses. Billy was also a very bright young man so he would have covered all bases.
All right,so you say he wasn't a thug,but even you admit that he did armed robberies. Hardworking? Robbing people of their hardearned money is not working hard. You ask where he got the money to pay the assasin.Thats too easy-he robbed someone. BTW,if Billy was really as smart as you claim,why was he an armed robber? Thats NOT a smart profession.
cec

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 20, 2007
 
God is the final judge. What I would like to know however, is why did he resort to robbery? and why a weapon? On the other hand, why wait three years to kill the key witness? Why did she continue working on the same job, and so in fear of her life? The Hollywood Police Department is looking at other leads and motives for this young ladies murder? Why wait until the morning of the trial? He had three years to do it. He committed the robbery, he was the one caught escaping and hiding. But the murder
I am not convinced. I feel so very sad for all the victims and their families. I feel bad for the children and family of the suspect. Anyone involved in this will never be the same. I agree that prayers should be with all involved.
MICHELLE MORAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 20, 2007
 
This dangerous creature had a lengthy criminal record: that is the reason he received a life sentence... 3 strikes you're out!!!
The defense attorney's statement that he had no prior criminal history is a lie.
I am troubled that the Sentinel would repeat this inaccuate statement that will lead some to feel sorry for this heinous animal.
road toad

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 20, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you Nazi moron, he has not been charged with murder!
Well, well, well. It seems the bleeding heart liberal has reared it's ugly head and made itself known here on the forum. What's the matter, can't take the Constitutional 1st Amendment, and the right to each person's own opinion?

Seems you feel quite strongly against family members and friends who believe it's just slighty more than coincidental ... are you just sore because your lover has been sent away?

I totally agree with COP, and you're the complete moron with the Napoleon complex, if you believe he didn't have anything to do with her death (whether directly, or indirectly), and that's just my humble opinion.
MICHELLE MORAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 20, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 kids, which brings me to my next point where in the HELL did he get money to pay someone to kill this woman. If he wanted her dead he could have killed her when he did the robbery and left no witnesses. Billy was also a very bright young man so he would have covered all bases.
Are you kidding me?? What, or who else but a thug robs a person at gun point? Oh yeah, he's a hard working young man...lady, you make me sick sprouting drivel like that. Of course he's a thug, he robbed someone and threatened her life at GUN POINT you idiot! That is a clasic definition of a thug. As far as paying someone to kill Dorothy, look at his brother.
Reality sucks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 20, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 kids, which brings me to my next point where in the HELL did he get money to pay someone to kill this woman. If he wanted her dead he could have killed her when he did the robbery and left no witnesses. Billy was also a very bright young man so he would have covered all bases.
Having 4 kids has no bearing on his being a thug or not. Anyone can be a sperm donor.

“Liberals = Hippies”

Since: Dec 06

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 20, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 .
Well lets see. Dictionary.com 's definition of a "Thug" is...
thug

noun:
an aggressive and violent young criminal

So Billy Lewis, Robbery, assault, kidnapping, with a weapon= pretty much fits the description. For you to say he is not a "thug" is pure denial and stupidity.
carol

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 20, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 kids, which brings me to my next point where in the HELL did he get money to pay someone to kill this woman. If he wanted her dead he could have killed her when he did the robbery and left no witnesses. Billy was also a very bright young man so he would have covered all bases.
excuse me...but you say he was a harworking man..hmmm i think he was found gulity of robbery if that what u call hard work for him..u are so damn funny!!!!
carol

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jul 20, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
As a cousin of Billy Lewis it is unfortunate what happened here, but none of us were there and we don't know if he did it or not. The judge sentenced him based on the fact that the Mrs. McReynolds was murdered and if he was at the Broward County Courthouse with his lawyer asking for postponement of the trial the day Mrs. McReynolds was murdered he couldn't have killed her, but I am not the judge or the jury. Do you think bashing this mother and son is going to make anything better no it's not. What we should be doing is praying for the safety and well being of the bereaved family and the 4 children and wife that are left behind after all of this. God forbid the killer comes forward are you internet bashers going to come back on here and type a message of apology? No, you are not so if you can't help the case don't say anything because he wasn't proven guilty the judge just passed judgement based on events that happened after the fact. As a matter of fact, if he was white there would be no messages on this board at all especially not like some of the ones that I have read so far. Peace and blessings to all of you and I pray that we all can one day just realize that white people, black people, Spanish people, etc make mistakes and God is the final judge of us all.
i am a sister to dorothy mcreynolds and yes this is bad on everyones part.but he wasnt tried for murder he was tired in this case for robbering her and he should pay the time he recieved.and i think u are so wrong to say the judge based this because she was murdered the day of the trial was suppose to begin in may.and yes he could had been at the courthouse with his lawyer but that was at 9am she was shot at 7:30 so where was he at that time?can u answer that for me..i doudt that u know his ever move he made so please dont say he couldnt had killed her cause he had plenty of time to do what was done.i agree with you when u say judgement day will come for all of us.and i just want everyone to know if this had been a white person that robbed or killed my sister yes i would still be writing here.has nothing to do with color he has to do with justice!!!
carol

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 20, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

WTF wrote:
Hey people, what the hell is wrong with all of you! We don't live in a country where sentence is passed on someone without a conviction. I am not on his side, nor do I condone his actions. He is not even a suspect, according to the police. So if you people are content to have a justice system like this, then I guess you don't mind being dragged out of your homes, beaten, imprisoned, executed, etc. This is where it all starts people. Pass on judgment before a conviction? You might as well put on your swastikas!!!
guess u cant read the news...it says hes a person of interest so yes hes on a suspect list!!!!!
I will be watching

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jul 21, 2007
 
LADY D wrote:
Oh, and let me add Billy Lewis was not and is not a thug he was a hardworking young man and he had 4 kids, which brings me to my next point where in the HELL did he get money to pay someone to kill this woman. If he wanted her dead he could have killed her when he did the robbery and left no witnesses. Billy was also a very bright young man so he would have covered all bases.
You are in denial. Hard working? Yes at being a criminal. Where did he get yhe money to hire someone to kill. Well where did he get money for a gun? He probably didn't need to hire a hitman. Either he or one of his thug friends or relatives did it. Like you said he is very bright and would cover all the bases. Well he may have gotten away with murder but at least they got him for the robbery. If you as a relative condone this behavior we will see more of your relatives going to prison just like this POS. I hope he dies violently in prison.
MICHELLE MORAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jul 21, 2007
 
carol wrote:
<quoted text>guess u cant read the news...it says hes a person of interest so yes hes on a suspect list!!!!!
Of course he's a suspect. "Person of Interest" is police talk for suspect.

I am not going to go into how Billy lewis FOUND DOROTHY after all those years, but he did and that's when he either killed her, or had her killed so she couln't testify against him in the trial.
Town Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 21, 2007
 
Our town is safer for having removed Billy lewis from the streets.
kinfolks

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 13, 2012
 
yes and this thug will be released in 2021,so maybe i can find him them and ask why he killed my sister or he will kill me one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hollywood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hollywood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hollywood
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••