77,000 bond - house arrest - drunky karlie tomica

Posted in the Hollywood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Court House

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2013
Karlie Tomica goes back to jail, gets a 77,000. bond and house arrest. Her official charges are
Hit & Run
DUI Manslaugter
Resisting arrest
Property Damage
I must say that this girl is in some serious hot water and is garanteed to do over 5 years in prison.
Bail

United States

#2 Feb 15, 2013
I'm sure daddy will bail her out. All this has got to be super expensive!
Bail

United States

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Might as well leave her in jail.... What's the point of bailing her out, she's just going to go back in.
Wow

United States

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Why did they give her a bond?
Rot on jail

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2013
It's going to cost 8,000 to bail her out. It's 10% of 77,000. Pluse she'll have to pay for the house arrest and it isn't cheap. At least we'll know where she's at all times and won't be able to leave the county. She should just rot in jail until her court date.
Harsh

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Bail wrote:
Might as well leave her in jail.... What's the point of bailing her out, she's just going to go back in.
I feel sad for your children.
Court Records

Miami, FL

#8 Feb 15, 2013
State Case No.: 13-2013-CF-002212-0001-XX Name: TOMICA, KARLIE C Date of Birth: 08/11/1992
Date Filed: 01/29/2013 Date Closed: Warrant Type:
Assessment Amount:$0.00 Balance Due:$0.00 Stay Due Date:
Hearing Date: 02/27/2013 Hearing Time: 09:00 Hearing Type: A
Court Room: REGJB - JUSTICE BUILDING, ROOM No.: 6-2
Address: 1351 N.W. 12 ST
Previous Case: Next Case:
Judge: SANCHEZ-LLORENS, MIGNA Defense Attorney: SHAPIRO, MARK
Bfile Section: F018 File Location: COURT Box Number:
Charges:

Seq No. Charge Charge Type Disposition
1 DUI MANS/FAIL TO AID FELONY
2 LSA/DEATH FELONY
3 RESIST OFF W/O VIOL MISDEMEANOR
4 DUI/DAM/PROP/PERSON MISDEMEANOR
What

Miami, FL

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Harsh wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sad for your children.
Why spend 8,000 to get her out of jail while she awaits trial? We all know she's going to do some time anyhow! The court will credit her time in jail while she awaits trial. Better to give the 8,000 to the victims family or to some DUI charity. You must me a tomica supporter.
Totally

Miami, FL

#10 Feb 15, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Why spend 8,000 to get her out of jail while she awaits trial? We all know she's going to do some time anyhow! The court will credit her time in jail while she awaits trial. Better to give the 8,000 to the victims family or to some DUI charity. You must me a tomica supporter.
I totally agree! Give the money to the victims family! If she uses the money to get out of jail again, she's truly NOT sorry.
Harsh

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she screwed up as badly as you can screw up. But I've seen no evidence that she did this maliciously. If my child messed up I wouldn't let her sit in jail. And if this girl were my friend I wouldn't turn my back on her the way some of you want her friends to do.
Iran

Miami, FL

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Her RAG-HEAD bf is going to take her to Iran. I think I'd rater be in an Anerican jail than free in Iran!
What

Miami, FL

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Harsh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she screwed up as badly as you can screw up. But I've seen no evidence that she did this maliciously. If my child messed up I wouldn't let her sit in jail. And if this girl were my friend I wouldn't turn my back on her the way some of you want her friends to do.
She's been drinking and posting about it for a long, long time. Obviously you didn't get the chance to read what she wrote a month before the accident not to mention what she wrote hours before she killed him because she deleted everything to protect her self! Go ahead and keep supporting this little girl. Btw, if you have kids I feel sorry for them.
maliciously

Miami, FL

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Harsh wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot! So since she didn't kill the chef maliciously then we should let her off the hook? What planet are you on and what r u smoking? That was just a stupid comment.
Harsh

United States

#15 Feb 15, 2013
maliciously wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot! So since she didn't kill the chef maliciously then we should let her off the hook? What planet are you on and what r u smoking? That was just a stupid comment.
Your reading comprehension needs work. I said nothing about letting her off the hook, only that if it were my child or my friend I wouldn't turn my back on her. Clearly you're so blinded by hatred that you're going to condemn anyone who disagrees with you. Your racist, hate filled rants tell me everything I need to know about you.
Victims Family

Miami, FL

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Harsh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reading comprehension needs work. I said nothing about letting her off the hook, only that if it were my child or my friend I wouldn't turn my back on her. Clearly you're so blinded by hatred that you're going to condemn anyone who disagrees with you. Your racist, hate filled rants tell me everything I need to know about you.
Clearly you feel sorry for her. What about the victims two kids and wife? Feel sorry for them?
Victims Family

Miami, FL

#17 Feb 15, 2013
The 20-year-old woman who is accused of striking and killing a pedestrian in Miami Beach before fleeing the scene was formally charged with DUI manslaughter in the man's death Friday.

Karlie Tomica appeared in court for a hearing Friday morning where she was officially charged with DUI manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident involving death, DUI property damage and resisting arrest without violence.

The judge also set her bond at $77,000 on the new charges and ordered her to be under house arrest with a GPS monitor and stay away from alcohol if she posts bond.

Tomica would also have a 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. curfew and would be required to attend AA meetings three times a week.

She didn't speak with reporters on her way into court Friday.

Tomica had previously only been charged with leaving the scene of a crash involving death in the Jan. 28 crash outside the Shelborne Hotel at 1801 Collins Avenue.

Police say Tomica was behind the wheel of a 2007 Dodge 4-door when she struck and killed 49-year-old Stefano Riccioletti, a chef at the Shore Club hotel.

Rather than stay at the scene, she drove to her apartment in the 5600 block of Collins Avenue, police said. She was booked into jail and later released on $10,000 bond.
oh please

United States

#18 Feb 15, 2013
Victims Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you feel sorry for her. What about the victims two kids and wife? Feel sorry for them?
Of course people feel bad for the victims family but would this situation be a big deal if she killed a homeless person? Would you be going our of your way to post about it? If the guy was homeless it wouldnt make him any less of a human being. You all are just bashing her when you have no idea how she feels. She made a mistake that she can't take back. She isn't a monster she is a young adult who screwed up. She didn't know how to react when the incident happened. Do you honestly know how you would react in that situation? No because it never happened to you. This is something unfortunate that could of happened to any of us sober or drunk. We never know what life will throw at us. Why don't you try living your own life instead of judging others and having an opinion on what others do and worry about yourself and your family.
Harsh

United States

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Victims Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I feel sorry for both families.
Judge-ment

Jensen Beach, FL

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Bond is 10 percent of bail.....therefore her bail is $770,000. Her boyfriend is an American born citizen....just pointing out facts, I'd hate for everyone to look ignorant.
Fake ID

Miami, FL

#21 Feb 15, 2013
Judge-ment wrote:
Bond is 10 percent of bail.....therefore her bail is $770,000. Her boyfriend is an American born citizen....just pointing out facts, I'd hate for everyone to look ignorant.
No, it's 10% of 75,000. That's 7,500. to get out of jail. I just heard in the news that she had a fake ID... Why didn't she get charged for that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 57 min sonicfilter 1,124,815
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,969
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 306,214
Help 9 hr Joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr grave digger 47,478
Locker room 9 hr Joey 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr TRD 68,635
Hollywood Dating
Find my Match

Hollywood Jobs

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hollywood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hollywood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]