Police focus on South Florida 'gypsy' crimes sparks criticism from Roma advocates

Jul 4, 2011 Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel 10

The high number of auto-dent-repair scams, "till taps" and distraction thefts that plague South Florida are trademark cons of criminal gypsy families, police say, and they want the public, and elderly residents in particular, to watch out.

Full Story
Donna Massey

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 4, 2011
the scams are huge right now. I have been watching them on tv. I hope they catch them and put them away. http://nabacar.com
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#2 Jun 10, 2012
This morning in the Publix plaza's parking lot on Sheridan Street and SE 5th Avenue, Dania Beach, a gypsy woman approached me in a car. She gave me the usual hatdship nonsense story and asked for money. I bluntly told her that it was illegal to trespass on the supermarket's private property, and that if she did not leave, i would call security.

I also threatened to memorize her license plate and give the info to the police to trace her. Ordinary citizens need to get involved and help the cops to nail these vermin.
You bitch

Hollywood, FL

#3 Nov 4, 2012
What gives you the right why is she vermen couse she's trying to feed her family I don't see you mentioning the blacks Mexicans whites exc...at every exit of the 95 doing the same thing times are very hard for every one you do not have the rights to judge and it's not trespassing in a parking lot unless the manager or the police tells her to leave and she doesn't you do not have such power so get your head out of your ass and mind your own bissnuss
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#4 Nov 5, 2012
You bitch wrote:
What gives you the right why is she vermen couse she's trying to feed her family I don't see you mentioning the blacks Mexicans whites exc...at every exit of the 95 doing the same thing times are very hard for every one you do not have the rights to judge and it's not trespassing in a parking lot unless the manager or the police tells her to leave and she doesn't you do not have such power so get your head out of your ass and mind your own bissnuss
My business? The moment someone solicits me for money, it becomes utterly my business! Also, in the case of most ethnicities you get good and bad individuals. But in the case of gypsies, the culture itself is based on scam families. She can feed her family by working or by getting government assistance, but not by scamming people.
I can feel compassion for a disabled person, but not for human parasites. Also, learn to spell "business" properly.
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#5 Nov 6, 2012
You bitch wrote:
And as for your argument that it's up to the manager of Publix, not me, guess what? I am one of many shoppers who actively work with the store managers, city governments and the police to discourage these cockroaches. Yes, the economy is hard, and we need programs for those willing to rehabilitate themselves if given a chance. There are many genuine cases deserving help. But what aggressive panhandlers, drunks, drug addicts and gypsy scammers deserve is to be put in a pit and shot.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Donna Massey wrote:
the scams are huge right now. I have been watching them on tv. I hope they catch them and put them away. http://nabacar.com
They have been coming to Hollywood, Florida for many winters.....i was a police officer once, and back in the mid-70's they used to stay in a trailer park, just off the SW corner of 441 and Johnson St....i recall a funeral, where the deceased was there, occasionally outside, while the clans gathered, from around the country.....gross....lol....Th em and the Outlaws....
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#7 Mar 27, 2013
Anti-discrimination and civil rights laws only apply to specific matters, like when someone applies for a job or tries to buy a house. The Supreme Court has ruled that individuals have a First Amendment right to be openly prejudiced in personal matters.

When gypsies approach you with their b.s. sob stories, just tell them bluntly: "I have nothing to do with gypsies. Just don't talk to me!" If everyone started treating them like lepers, the bastards would find their fraud business drying up.

I once told a gypsy woman that Hitler was wrong in killing the Jews, but that if he killed her I would not complain. Man, you should have seen how shocked and upset her. Insult these people to the face. Make remarks calculated to hurt and disgust. When more and more persons tell them to go jump off a bridge, their game will be up.
get a life lady

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 24, 2013
Hitler had demons in his body mind and soul
You also are the same .
Don't judge gypsy pepole they are not all like you say
Some are good honest hard working pepole
I hope the lord judges you the same way
Shame on you and your parents for conceving you and adding you to this world you are the kinda person that should be caged from humanity for the publics safty
Do your self a favor and see a therapist for your shoping center trama .
Also jas amoro baro car del tu bule o beng
nailingyourwife

Marcus Hook, PA

#10 Sep 25, 2013
My mother warned me about these crooks when i was 15,one of her neighbors got there driveway blacktop replaced by some gypse,a couple weeks later it all started cracking and cost her over a thousand dollars to repair.since then I've everytime i see one in public i look at them cross eyed.a couple years ago one approached me at a parking lot at publix in davie offering to fix my dented bumper,i politely told him to fuck off.thanks mom
z ace

United States

#11 Sep 28, 2013
Gypsies will be gypsies! Like I always say if we were all alike then what a boring place this world would be!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Realtime 1,126,708
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL 70,100
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 306,263
Florida AG Bondi Opposes Gay Couple's Divorce 6 hr Jumper The wise 7
Edward James Logan 7 hr need to know 1
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 7 hr Just Saying 54,525
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr truth-facts 47,496

Rip Current Statement for Broward County was issued at October 23 at 2:18PM EDT

Hollywood Dating
Find my Match

Hollywood Jobs

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hollywood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hollywood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]