Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,034
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#300792 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree totally ..And using abortion INSTEAD of prevention is nit responsible or the safest thing. BC plus a condom would be much better.
Imo
So who would you 'allow' to have an abortion, if you were writing the laws?

The easy answer would appear to be 'no one'.

Then what?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#300793 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Think she said Doc tomorrow..the first time she said good nites..a while back.....hopefully went to bed now.
Went to the doc. And apparently paid them $350 for an xray that told me what I already knew, the stone is still there. LOL Yay. Next I go on the 25th, and if its still there then, I go for a surgery where they will remove it manually. Its in a position where it can't be "blasted", so literally manually it is. Its laproscopic, but y'know, surgery is surgery and I want to avoid it if I can.

Anyone know any old home remedies to make that sucker come out?

Location hidden

#300794 Jun 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
We had quite a fight a few years back!! I remember being attacked by you, and every other pro"choicer" about it too (as I knew I would as soon as I hit "Post Comment"). It took a loooong time for us to get past it, but in the end I think that our friendship is a lot stronger because of it.
I agree, and I thank you for that honor, and it IS an honor for me!
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300795 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie
You may think
.it's unstable women or ptsd all you want.
The fact is ..it does affect some women.
I don't condemn any one but we,ARE women..
We have feelings. And regret and sadness are among them in the,long term for some women
In the shirt term are hormones cut off just like with miscarriages.
And depending on the Timing and hormones..they can also have post partum depression ..especially in late terms.
To try to dismiss this as not a real thing is dismissing the women it happens to. Imo.
Oh, I think you've mistaken the medical community's approach to the nonexistent "post-abortion syndrome" as my own. In the post to Sue, I paraphrased what has been stated in the Merck Manual regarding this. I also put I personally think PTSD could apply to it since women with serious regrets have other issues going on prior to and following induced abortion.

Location hidden

#300796 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the pregnancy center will.
No Knutbar, they will not. Stop the lying already.

Location hidden

#300797 Jun 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of them do do good work, unfortunately some of them don't. Of course those that don't get the focus.
And sadly, thats always the way isn't it? Think about it, how many women have utilized GOOD ones, but we dont hear about it? And its not just CPC's, health clnics that do abortions are not dissimilar, we hear the BAD things, and on both sides, many dont WANT to acknowledge that good DOES happen at some of BOTH kinds of places.

When I had such a wonderful experience with the great CPC in Glen Burnie Md that time, it propelled me to work actively to shut down the BAD ones, and I am very proud to have worked toward changing the laws in Md, which forced the closing of MOST of the dishonest, manipulative ones there. Similarly, I'd work JUST as hard to close horriffic clinics like Gosnell's was.

Location hidden

#300799 Jun 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"I cannot say with 100 percent surety that at 16 if a counselor had convinced a really dumb girl who knew nothing about her body like me..That it's ok to abort its not really a baby..just a clump of cells..That it coukd have been me..on a table ending the life of my son."
This is what abortion "clinics" count on.
That is not true AND its not fair Sue.

Like CPC's, clinics that do abortions are NOT all bad, that's simply a fact. That they happen to do a procedure you dont approve of is immaterial, and its not fair to paint them all with the same brush, just as its not fair when people try to paint CPCs with that same brush.

The vast majority of poeple that work at health clinics that do abortions (there are very few clinics that ONLY do abortions BTW, the BULK deal with all kinds of health issues) are in the same medical field you are, and are just as dedicated to health care that you are as well. They simply have different view, ideals and perhaps values as it pertains to the rights of people to make their own medical choices.

Location hidden

#300800 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We will find ways for the woman who needs help. The CPC will help , that's why the clinics are called crisis pregnancy centers.
@@ As has been proven time and again, including by a congressional investigation, at one time, the MAJORITY of CPC's were religous run organizations, that would outright LIE to women regarding their choices.

What they actually do is very limited, and includes NOTHING medical for the most part, not even sonograms or pregnancy tests. Nor do they counsel about birth control for the most part.

For those kinds of places, their ONLY purpose is to do whatever is necessary - INCLUDING lie - to ensure a pregnancy is seen through. SOME will help women find the resources women need, but the OP was correct, they do NOT pay for the pregnancy, nor do they pay for any medical care or anything else for that matter.

They may help with donated used clothing, finding housing but that's really about it.

DECENT CPC's - which sadly are still too few and far between, will assure that EVERY woman that walks in gets the counseling and help necessary to ensure everything from housng to proper nutrition, aid for continuing education and help to ensure the women can fend for THEMSELVES at the end of the day - GOOD ones also include education and birth control to help prevent FUTURE unwanted pregnancies.

While these places are still too rare, there are more and more opening around the country.

Location hidden

#300801 Jun 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial runs deep, especially when the truth of our actions presents itself. Where are the pro"choicers" when a woman faces the truth of abortion? Have you seen how many of them treat a woman who regrets her abortion? It's not pretty.
I can HONESTLY say I've never seen anyone that's PC treat a woman badly that regretted their abortion. Never.

As we've seen some of the phonies come here and pretend they are still having horrors about it decades later - those people - IF the exist - have much more serious mental and emotional issues than just having an abortion decades before.

I've dealt with women that have regrets, huge ones - mainly the women I've worked with in the jail - the ones that truly want to change their lives in particular seem to have the most regrets. That said however, I've NEVER met one that's been debilitated by having had one years later. I've also met women in the same places who were thankful they had abortions - they know the babies they'd have had would have likely had terrible outcomes because of their lifestyles at the time.

As I've always said, its NOT a black and white issue, the shades of gray are endless.

Location hidden

#300802 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Why did it work since the beginning of time?
Teaching abstainance has NEVER worked since beginning of time you ass.
but we have to teach our children better and communicate better,
ROFLMAOOOO! Coming from YOU, that's HYSTERICAL!!!

eyeswideopen

Anonymous Proxy

#300805 Jun 17, 2013
Odd,someone gets pregnant but expects others to either pay for it or they should be able to kill it? That's the message this convo is sending me.

Location hidden

#300807 Jun 17, 2013
not very bright 1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
According to the Guttmacher Institute [6] the vast majority of late-term abortions are preformed for socio-economic reasons, on a healthy and potentially viable fetus. Fetal abnormalities or woman's health considerations are rarely the reason for undergoing a late-term abortion. Specifically, according to the Guttmacher Institute, abortions for fetal abnormalities comprise only 2% of all late-term abortions.
Wrong idiot. YOu stole that from some antichoice website called "we care" (a religous based antichoice organization out of California BTW) and by their OWN footnote - that you conveniently left out, Guttmacher said nothing of the kind. They took that comment from "Why Do Women Have Abortions? Family Planning Perspectives" a book written by Torres, A. & Forrest, J.D. back in 1988.

Damn, even when your kind steal shit uncredited, you STILL manage to lie.

Why are you such a coward when you pull this crap? Afraid to post under the name you'd be known as, since you'll be AGAIN called out for the liar you are?

Location hidden

#300808 Jun 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, I just did a search, and the only thing from Guttamacher that I saw that covered the whys of late term abortions is from 1987, 26 years ago. Got anything from THIS century?
Two, late term abortions comprise LESS than 2% of ALL abortions performed. So why are we even talking about them? I thought your side was against bringing up the exceptions, like rape, or the life of the woman?
Guttamacher didn't make that claim, the site she stole that from lied. However the footnote told the tale, and yes, its from 1988.

Location hidden

#300809 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Every Catholic Church will help pay for the birth, for clothing and needs after the baby is born,
100% bullshit. Big deal, I can name 100's of charities that will HELP with the same things, including many Jewish charities, Muslim charities, and dozens of non-demoninational ones.

The Catholic church will NOT pay unending funds to ANY of these people, nor will ANY charity.

Of course they could help more if as Rose suggested, they sell the shit they're hiding at the vatican and donate it to worthy causes.

Hell, let them ALL (all religions) start paying taxes and we could reduce the national debt significantly.

Location hidden

#300810 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>It is a black and white ,
No MORON Knut, it is not. NOTHING in life is.
you either are for abortion or you are not,
Again, complete bullshit.
abortion is evil, no shades of grey at all,
Oh horseshit. I know women who's lives were saved BECAUSE of abortion, nothing evil about it.

What's evil would be to let someone die when an abortion would save them - THAT is EVIL.

EVIL is what your RCC did regarding their pedophile priests. There's a LOT of "evil" things, but a personal, private medical decision is not one of them. You moron.
relativism is nothing but chaos.
ROFLMAO You dont even know what that means you stupid thing! LOLOL But thanks for the laugh!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#300811 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Every Catholic Church will help pay for the birth, for clothing and needs after the baby is born, we do not lie about it, we see the face of Christ in everyone and will help everyone. Not only the unborn and mother, the older person, the person just out of jail, the person who is homeless, the father who lost his job and needs grocery money. The person who needs cancer treatment and no insurance on and on and on. Catholicism is an outwards religion. This is what Christ wants us to do. we pray to stop abortions and euthanasia, we pray for everyone, we have nuns who do nothing but pray for others. I don't see any other religion do this , not one.
Good afternoon "Knit!"

If you don't mind, I'd like you to take a look at this and ask yourself just how well you believe the prayers said for the woman in the article are going to help her.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0615-...

Location hidden

#300815 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We probably don't know the whole story or what was in her contract. the press won't print the real story, they don't like it if the Church is right. What would you say if that man went and killed six teachers and twenty students ? People take extra precautions now.
Damn, you will just accept ANY terrible bullshit that your RCC does. Shit woman, if we lived by "WHAT IF'S", nobody would ever leave the house, because WHAT IF you got knifed on the way to your latest road kill trophy?

Okay, bad example. That would raise the general IQ of your town by 10-fold.....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#300816 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We probably don't know the whole story or what was in her contract. the press won't print the real story, they don't like it if the Church is right. What would you say if that man went and killed six teachers and twenty students ? People take extra precautions now.
And that is a valid point; that the diocese was concerned about the possibility of future threats her ex-husband might pose to the other children and school personnel. Still, as much as you like to point out all the "charitable" things the Catholic Church does, this somehow comes across as much less so doesn't it?
I recall vividly my initial thoughts when the first press reports came over the radio about a shooting in an elementary school(Sandy Hook,) I thought; must be a disgruntled ex-husband/boyfriend who went after a teacher there.
So caution is understandable even if it seems a little cold with regard to the woman in question and her children.
Still, how do you think those board members who let her go will feel if she turns up dead at her ex-husband's hands soon after his release from jail?

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#300817 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>

Here and now we need more education and prevention
I totally agree.:o)

Anyways, how's your day going? Is it crazy hot by you?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300818 Jun 17, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Knit!"
If you don't mind, I'd like you to take a look at this and ask yourself just how well you believe the prayers said for the woman in the article are going to help her.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0615-...
I am so sick of the prevalence of blaming the victim. It's not only the Catholic Church. It's the Courts. Big business. It seems to be the way things are done now. Or maybe it's always been done this way and we hear more about it because of the 24-hour news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RealDave 1,173,875
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min IB DaMann 50,454
Review: Jetset Charter 8 hr Honsena 4
Attn: Adoptees and Birth Parents and Grand Pare... (Feb '13) Jan 27 joannyadoptees 12
Dope market in Hollywood/broward county (Jan '13) Jan 25 E-diddy 36
Wheres da muhfuckin dope at Jan 25 Kab2910 2
I love eating fish scales on my nice China whit... Jan 25 Kab2910 3
Hollywood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST