Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#281368 Feb 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You musta been saved around the year 2000, 2001...?
Have you ever wondered why God took out time to save little ol' you while letting aircraft to fly into buildings and the fourth into a field allowing thousands to perish?
I was saved in 2000, and yes that day had a huge impact on me.
Not as it would, but as it did.
see I was a baby christian, and reading the bible some days up to 10 hours, and to see it comming together in real life was alot to handle.

Heres the deal katie, if God did as you truly wished, then He would not ever allow a woman to get pregnant, intill she knew she was ready. Ofcourse at the same time you would want that same God to look the other way when women have sex with whomever they choose.

You would want God to kill all stds, and just not allow them at all.at the same time you would want him to be ok with gay guys swapping partners at will, and humans being like animals.

The reason He "allowed " those muslims to do what they did, is becouse He will not stop the free will of man.

If they had belonged to Him, He may have stopped them.

They didn't know God, and died praying they would get so many virgins, but instead they found hell.

Many religions are based on the lust of the flesh, pride of the eye.

Many want you give and give, and just maybe you will make it.
While my God gave, so that anyone who wills "can " make it.

Notice how that impacted sooo many lives? Around 3000 lives were lost thay day!
Geuss what katie, it happened again today in this country, but your not concerned why God allows that are you?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281369 Feb 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Toots, you're a mental case..
Pot, meet kettle.

ROFLMAO

Location hidden

#281370 Feb 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't post lies. I prove my claims..
STILL waiting for you to prove the claim that anyone, anywhere, anytime was EVER "born in a PVS" and lived for over 40 years - AS YOU CLAIMED.

Lynne, you lie every time you post, and EVERYONE knows it. What a joke you are.
Gtown71

United States

#281371 Feb 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you bringing me into this? I have my own experience as a care giver for family and friends.
Becouse of the comment you made to guppy, as if I were them complimenting myself.
Caregivers have my respect! Well except for the gay ones. Lol (just kidding):)
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#281372 Feb 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Guess you didn't read far enough back or haven't been here as long as you claim. You're stereotyping gay men.
??
I was told by a gay (hairdresser) guy that 90% of their life revolves around sex. You can't raise kids and have sex all day too. Gay guys should not be allowed to adopt.

Location hidden

#281373 Feb 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Adolph Hitler=Killed over 6 million jews and gypsies
The American Women=Killed over 54 million unborn and defenseless children
Who should history and humanity be more horrified by?
Hitler. Each woman has made their own individual decision to have a medical procedure.

Not ONE of those 54 million abortions affected you in ANY way.

But feel free to carry on with your hystronic bullshit, its fun to read!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#281374 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know baptizm is not the same. As far as changing the rules, well if you want certain rules, then look at the different places or do as some, and start your own?
Yet if it is not from God, then what's the point?
You are directly contradicting yourself. Read your post, please. You wrote that being baptized is considered being born-again by Catholics. But, it's a moot point, anyway. It doesn't really matter to you born-again Christians, does it? Infant baptism isn't a born-again experience, according to you. Therefore, Catholics are not eligible for entrance into God's kingdom. They and Orthodox Christians aren't "saved." Everyone but "born-again" Christians are doomed. Yikes!

Atrisco Village

#281375 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard in my life.
Liar. It can't possibly be the most...

“back for a limited time”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#281376 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and stop lying Lynniekins. I never said you DESERVED to be punched out, tho I DID say I could understand why someone would punch you.
Personally, I totally can see someone punching you for - and in - your big mouth. I believe 100% that you're a complete asshole here on these forums, because in part - you dont FACE that danger, but you crave the abuse.
Wow, ya know, that's odd, really. Because, that sounds so much like certain individuals from the other side in this debate (and I use that term loosely).
Gtown71

United States

#281377 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
How come god can take a life, but man/woman can't? What is the difference.
god is a murderer of the worst kind. HE deserves to go to HELL.
Have a blessed day! I know I will. I am going on a church retreat, where we will sing god type songs and sit around the camp fire roasting marshmallows and peanuts. Every time we meet, everyone is just so happy and joyous and we gush over each other. You can feel the love permeating all over the place. We leave our sins at the door and walk on through, until, of course, Monday. Then it starts all over again.
Blessings to you and yours.
Hope to see you there!
Love Always,
Guppy
The easy answer? God is God. We aren't , yet many play god.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#281378 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard in my life.
She was funning.

“back for a limited time”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#281379 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an honor to serve my Country.
Damn, I'm gone a few months with work and school, and here you are, still nursing those whole Tom Cruise delusions.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#281380 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was saved in 2000, and yes that day had a huge impact on me.
Not as it would, but as it did.
see I was a baby christian, and reading the bible some days up to 10 hours, and to see it comming together in real life was alot to handle.
Heres the deal katie, if God did as you truly wished, then He would not ever allow a woman to get pregnant, intill she knew she was ready. Ofcourse at the same time you would want that same God to look the other way when women have sex with whomever they choose.
You would want God to kill all stds, and just not allow them at all.at the same time you would want him to be ok with gay guys swapping partners at will, and humans being like animals.
The reason He "allowed " those muslims to do what they did, is becouse He will not stop the free will of man.
If they had belonged to Him, He may have stopped them.
They didn't know God, and died praying they would get so many virgins, but instead they found hell.
Many religions are based on the lust of the flesh, pride of the eye.
Many want you give and give, and just maybe you will make it.
While my God gave, so that anyone who wills "can " make it.
Notice how that impacted sooo many lives? Around 3000 lives were lost thay day!
Geuss what katie, it happened again today in this country, but your not concerned why God allows that are you?
I see a big disconnect when people claim all things are through God -- except abortion. I find that laughable. If all things are though God, then all things are through God. No exceptions. Add free will to the mix and the PLM has no leg to stand on. Period.

Besides, do you know the histories behind abortion and the PLM begun days following the passing of Roe v Wade? Do you know why abortion was criminalized in the 1800s? Or why females' reproductive issues were removed from females (midwives and others experienced and/or learned, helping the women of their families and neighbors) and handed over to physicians?

If you don't, you're only going by your own emotions. And personal emotions are never enough to change laws and remove on section of society's civil rights.

Roe v Wade is more than abortion. It encompasses women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. Men already have these without Roe v Wade. Women don't. And the PLM knew that when it began.

Location hidden

#281381 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>His theory makes no sense. Did you read about Jim Nabor (Gomer Pyle) finally getting to officially marry his husband? I suppose they're just in lust. Lol!
ROFLMAO! I know, I heard about it the other day. GOOD for them!
Gtown71

United States

#281382 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You are directly contradicting yourself. Read your post, please. You wrote that being baptized is considered being born-again by Catholics. But, it's a moot point, anyway. It doesn't really matter to you born-again Christians, does it? Infant baptism isn't a born-again experience, according to you. Therefore, Catholics are not eligible for entrance into God's kingdom. They and Orthodox Christians aren't "saved." Everyone but "born-again" Christians are doomed. Yikes!
I'm not contradicting. I stated that some catholics call getting their babies baptized as they are born again.

I don't believe a newborn can be, nor needs to be born again. One must first cross over Gods line.(Age of accountability).
Some people will Never reach this age.
Some are born and live their life and die, and you wonder just how much they did know?

I believe I've stated before that many "christians disagree with me)

I should always speak the truth "with love ". The truth is easy, but speaking it in love can be hard.

Since I was saved at home,I try to know Gods way, through prayer and His word.
Since there are clearly many many denominations that claim they are christ centered, and that they hold the truth to life, yet they are all different in "their " belief.

They cannot all be right.

Some things are just no big deal.
paint the church pink or blue? Doesn't really matter.

Move the church 6" to the left or right? Doesn't really matter.

How soneones soul is saved, and to whom recieves the Glory? DOES MATTER.

Ok :)

Atrisco Village

#281383 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not contradicting. I stated that some catholics call getting their babies baptized as they are born again.
I don't believe a newborn can be, nor needs to be born again. One must first cross over Gods line.(Age of accountability).
Some people will Never reach this age.
Some are born and live their life and die, and you wonder just how much they did know?
I believe I've stated before that many "christians disagree with me)
I should always speak the truth "with love ". The truth is easy, but speaking it in love can be hard.
Since I was saved at home,I try to know Gods way, through prayer and His word.
Since there are clearly many many denominations that claim they are christ centered, and that they hold the truth to life, yet they are all different in "their " belief.
They cannot all be right.
Some things are just no big deal.
paint the church pink or blue? Doesn't really matter.
Move the church 6" to the left or right? Doesn't really matter.
How soneones soul is saved, and to whom recieves the Glory? DOES MATTER.
Ok :)
No matter in what spirit you say it, you still believe that only Christians who follow your particular philosophy of Christianity will enter Heaven. Sugar-coat it, twist it, spin it any way you can, you believe Catholics will go to Hell, unless they get born-again. Don't be a mealy-mouth; say it like it is. You say you admire a straight-shooter. Be one.

Location hidden

#281384 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
"She wouldn't be able to prove she didn't make the whole thing up in the 1st place."
Neither can you disprove it.
So it all boils down to who is more credible to whom. And, since by the time you got to the front of the line G-d was all out of credibility to hand you some, we know who to believe and who not to believe.
Anyone who has to hide behind multiple screen names isn't credible at all.
Exactly CD.

Its well known she and I emailed regularly throughout 2007, and if I was just making shit up, I would have posted phony emails to begin with. Since the mods KNOW that she's the same OP that posted here as Lynne D, they haven't banned me - or anyone ELSE that calls her Lynne, since they know her identity too.

Since I dont want to be banned, and I was told SPECIFICALLY by the mods that I would have to have her (Lynne/Lily's) permission to post the emails, I've not posted them - because Lynne is too much of a coward to give that permission.

She can claim all she wants that they would be a lie, but she ALSO knows she has ZERO credibility here, and that more would believe me than her.

At this point, the mails aren't even needed. She's buried herself SO deep with her incessent lies about her identity, that nobody takes her seriously anyway.

Lynnie/Lily is a joke, and nothing more. But hey, she LIKES it that way! LOL!

Location hidden

#281386 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Becouse of the comment you made to guppy, as if I were them complimenting myself.
Caregivers have my respect! Well except for the gay ones. Lol (just kidding):)
What a complete asshat you are.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281387 Feb 1, 2013
This may be the only time I've been accused of being closeted.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Guess you didn't read far enough back or haven't been here as long as you claim. You're stereotyping gay men.
??

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#281388 Feb 1, 2013
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I'm gone a few months with work and school, and here you are, still nursing those whole Tom Cruise delusions.
Work and school? I didn't realize you needed education to flip burgers.

You must be raking in the bucks with all that overtime you're working. What's your paycheck up to,$1.98 a week?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min John Galt 1,221,161
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min IB DaMann 52,909
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Cold Front 69,720
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr Anne 97,152
Opa Locka Music Selection (Jul '12) 16 hr Musikologist 13
Review: Wellness Center At Broward General Medi... Mon Rose Henderson 2
My girlfriend and I want to try our first cuckold Apr 25 Jonny1980 2
More from around the web

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]