Two pit bulls kill pet greyhound in O...

Two pit bulls kill pet greyhound in Oakland Park

There are 34 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Two pit bulls kill pet greyhound in Oakland Park. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

One thought raced through Susanne Tenney's mind as two pit bulls attacked her in an Oakland Park neighborhood Monday - she had to protect her dog.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amanda

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Oct 23, 2007
After reading this story I am brought to tears myself. I am an owner of a three year old beagle name Peta, and an avid dog lover. My heart goes out to you for your loss. I would also like to add how brave it was to step in and help as a stranger its comforting knowing theyre are still good people ou there.
arawak

Durham, NC

#2 Oct 23, 2007
Pit bull owners are just like abused women.

They just don't get it.

I don't mind a pit bull taking a chunk out of their idiotic owners, but unfortunately, these devil dogs are killing innocent people and their animals.

To all you idiotic pit bull owners out there, especially if you have children, please make sure your children do not accidentally step on your pit bulls tail.

Thanks.
Bulldog

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Oct 23, 2007
I don't think that pits have tails, but thier owners are spineless!
arawak wrote:
Pit bull owners are just like abused women.
They just don't get it.
I don't mind a pit bull taking a chunk out of their idiotic owners, but unfortunately, these devil dogs are killing innocent people and their animals.
To all you idiotic pit bull owners out there, especially if you have children, please make sure your children do not accidentally step on your pit bulls tail.
Thanks.

“pitbul lover 4 ever”

Since: Oct 07

Hollywood fl

#5 Oct 23, 2007
Its sad to hear you all just ignorant people just write stupidity. I have been around pitbulls all my life and they are not all bad dogs! they are dogs just like any other dog out there the thing is that only the negative crap gets anounced. I HAVE PITBULLS AND A GREYHOUND AND THEY ALL OVE EACH OTHER AND GET ALONG GREAT I HAVE HAD OTHER DOGS COME UP TO MY PITS AND ATTACK THEM AND MY PIT WILL DO NOTHING, WHY BECAUSE THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN RAISED SINCE THEY ARE PUPPIES MY DOGS LOVE MY CHILDREN AND MY CATS AND WOULD NEVER HURT ANYBODY OR ANYTHING. THERE ARE BAD OWNERS OUT THERE THAT ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO OWN CERTAIN BREEDS. I DONT THINK ALL PITBULLS SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR THE BAD THINGS OTHERS DO. THATS BEING A LITTLE RACIST DONT YOU THINK! GET EDUCATED ABOUT THE ALL BREEDS BEFORE COMMENTING SO HARSHLY!
so smart

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Oct 24, 2007
....and the intelligence just flows from this animal lover. I guess that pit owners have the thickest skulls.
animal lover1 wrote:
Its sad to hear you all just ignorant people just write stupidity. I have been around pitbulls all my life and they are not all bad dogs! they are dogs just like any other dog out there the thing is that only the negative crap gets anounced. I HAVE PITBULLS AND A GREYHOUND AND THEY ALL OVE EACH OTHER AND GET ALONG GREAT I HAVE HAD OTHER DOGS COME UP TO MY PITS AND ATTACK THEM AND MY PIT WILL DO NOTHING, WHY BECAUSE THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN RAISED SINCE THEY ARE PUPPIES MY DOGS LOVE MY CHILDREN AND MY CATS AND WOULD NEVER HURT ANYBODY OR ANYTHING. THERE ARE BAD OWNERS OUT THERE THAT ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO OWN CERTAIN BREEDS. I DONT THINK ALL PITBULLS SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR THE BAD THINGS OTHERS DO. THATS BEING A LITTLE RACIST DONT YOU THINK! GET EDUCATED ABOUT THE ALL BREEDS BEFORE COMMENTING SO HARSHLY!
OliviaE

Cleveland, OH

#7 Nov 5, 2007
so smart wrote:
....and the intelligence just flows from this animal lover. I guess that pit owners have the thickest skulls.
<quoted text>
I have a dog who is part pit that is the sweetest dog I have ever met. I also have a greyhound who is just as sweet. Pit bulls were not always cruel animals and if you raise them right they can be just like any other dog. It's when people over the years insist on using them to fight that they begin to get mean. Tell me if you have a long line of a cruel family what are you most likely to be? A kind person I think not. Don't get me wrong this is a disgusting story. I am a huge pet lover and I cant even begin to fell this woman's pain but its as much the people who made the Pits be aggressive fault as it is the dogs.
Tom Dfld Bch

United States

#8 Nov 6, 2007
Two pit bulls killed their owner earier this month in FL.; good. If they would maul & kill ONLY their owners , we'd get rid of two problems at the same time; the dogs and those that would have them.
Roger

AOL

#9 Nov 6, 2007
Pit bulls should be illegal. They cause way too many problems.
Roger

AOL

#10 Nov 6, 2007
people think their "macho' by owning a PIT when in fact they're just plain stupid.
OliviaE

Isle Saint George, OH

#11 Nov 13, 2007
This is getting ridiculous. Pits are not the only problem. IT IS NOT THE DOGS, IT IS WHO THEY ARE RAISED BY and Roger, do you propose the people who love their dogs, Which are pit bulls should suffer for the idiots who decide to fit Pits? I say get rid of the type of people who fight Pit Bulls before you get rid of them. Should we also make greyhounds illegal since they have a small Prey drive? Before I got my Greyhound she killed a bird and 3 cats. Should we also make boxers, Dobermen and Mastiffs illegal? Why stop with just dogs? Why not get rid of all animals who have a tendency to get nasty if raised by the wrong person. OR hey why not steralize all women whose family has a tendency to not be so nice? And Roger Would you call Jessics Biel Macho? Because I know for a fact she owns at least one Pit bull? Or maybe shes just plain stupid? Why don't you make sure you Clarify what type of Pit bull owners are stupid before you go of running your mouth.
agnostic conservative

Homestead, FL

#12 Nov 13, 2007
1 good one does not out weigh the 9 bad ones. I hope that pit bull owner feels like crap. Control your dog.
Muzzle em

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Nov 13, 2007
Muzzles should be mandatory for all dogs anytime they out out in public. Exccept those little Taco bell dogs.
and Here we go again with the Pitbulls are such nice dogs ,,they are mean because its the way they were raised. Tell that to the loving owners that were attacked/killed last month. Or the ones that attacked the Grandma a while ago.
sooo

Chesapeake, VA

#14 Nov 28, 2007
well from readin tha comments above me...i dont really kno wat ta say...altho tha way i feel about tha whole pit bull situation is that....if u raise a pit bull rite....then i would see no problem....and if u raise them around other animals wen they r puppies...then pit bulls would grow up ta du no harm...but if u raise a pit bull and antagonize them all tha time...and smack them in tha face and cause them to be aggressive..then there might be a problem...but thats for ne animal..i hav a frind who owned a dog...it waz part dingo and she antagonized that dog since it waz a puppy and she didnt let it see any other animals wen it waz a puppy..and im tellin u..that dog grew up ta be tha most hatefullest dog ever that i knew of...it didnt like other dogs and it attacked my puppy..so it isnt jus pit bulls...so get over urselves
Tom Dfld Bch

United States

#15 Nov 28, 2007
OliviaE wrote:
This is getting ridiculous. Pits are not the only problem. IT IS NOT THE DOGS, IT IS WHO THEY ARE RAISED BY and Roger, do you propose the people who love their dogs, Which are pit bulls should suffer for the idiots who decide to fit Pits? I say get rid of the type of people who fight Pit Bulls before you get rid of them. Should we also make greyhounds illegal since they have a small Prey drive? Before I got my Greyhound she killed a bird and 3 cats. Should we also make boxers, Dobermen and Mastiffs illegal? Why stop with just dogs? Why not get rid of all animals who have a tendency to get nasty if raised by the wrong person. OR hey why not steralize all women whose family has a tendency to not be so nice? And Roger Would you call Jessics Biel Macho? Because I know for a fact she owns at least one Pit bull? Or maybe shes just plain stupid? Why don't you make sure you Clarify what type of Pit bull owners are stupid before you go of running your mouth.
In the last 6 weeks there have been 5 reported pit bull attacks in Florida alone; 1 resulted in the death of the owner and several resulted in injuries to humans, including a 5 year old girl; all were confirmed to be pit bulls.
Why is it that no other type of dog has such a reputation? Why do people feel a NEED to have a dog that was bred for fighting & killing? Doesn't the word PIT say it all?
Palomar

Kelso, WA

#16 Nov 29, 2007
[Absolutely right!
My teen my attacked this summer by a PIT BULL and just after it happened the FIRST THING the owner said was: "She's never done that before!" Is that their standdard cliche? Their Mantra? Their legal defense? It's amazing how defensive PIT BULL OWNERS get when their dogs draw blood, maul and kill! They blame everyone else for causing their own dogs behavior which mirrors their own behavoir! My teen now has scares for life! There will be more blood spilled because of these owners and no one will be able to stop this. These dogs were breed for the gory gambling sport of bull baiting. That says it all! These dogs are powerful and a macho ego trip for SOME people. Our conscience should motivate us to DO THE RIGHT THING: The right thing is to not own one! I'm sure there will be some irrational PIT BULL OWNER who will call me all sorts of names and I just look at them as being JUST like their dogs: EVIL.
Tom Dfld bch

United States

#17 Nov 29, 2007
Palomar wrote:
[Absolutely right!
My teen my attacked this summer by a PIT BULL and just after it happened the FIRST THING the owner said was: "She's never done that before!" Is that their standdard cliche? Their Mantra? Their legal defense? It's amazing how defensive PIT BULL OWNERS get when their dogs draw blood, maul and kill! They blame everyone else for causing their own dogs behavior which mirrors their own behavoir! My teen now has scares for life! There will be more blood spilled because of these owners and no one will be able to stop this. These dogs were breed for the gory gambling sport of bull baiting. That says it all! These dogs are powerful and a macho ego trip for SOME people. Our conscience should motivate us to DO THE RIGHT THING: The right thing is to not own one! I'm sure there will be some irrational PIT BULL OWNER who will call me all sorts of names and I just look at them as being JUST like their dogs: EVIL.
By the way, the owner that was killed was an older lady that, according to friends & neighbors, treated her two pits as if they were her babies. Well, her babies killed her.
As I've said before, if they would kill ONLY the owners; we'd get rid of two problems at the same time.
Hope your teen wasn't badly hurt.
JEEEEEZ

Lake Worth, FL

#18 Jan 21, 2008
Gotta love people that type like this. It makes it easier for the rest of us to get the "good" jobs.....
sooo wrote:
well from readin tha comments above me...i dont really kno wat ta say...altho tha way i feel about tha whole pit bull situation is that....if u raise a pit bull rite....then i would see no problem....and if u raise them around other animals wen they r puppies...then pit bulls would grow up ta du no harm...but if u raise a pit bull and antagonize them all tha time...and smack them in tha face and cause them to be aggressive..then there might be a problem...but thats for ne animal..i hav a frind who owned a dog...it waz part dingo and she antagonized that dog since it waz a puppy and she didnt let it see any other animals wen it waz a puppy..and im tellin u..that dog grew up ta be tha most hatefullest dog ever that i knew of...it didnt like other dogs and it attacked my puppy..so it isnt jus pit bulls...so get over urselves
Tyson1

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 Feb 2, 2008
Hey let me turn this around on you negative people..I have a pure bred pitbull, papers, pedigree and all..Ok when he was around 8 months he was at the dog park and 2 grey hounds attacted him and he didnt nothing back, he was yalping..He still has a scar on his nose from the incident.My dog is sweet and comes from a well balanced and terrific bloodline.Its not the pits fault its the careless owners..Any dog can be mean and can bite the shit outta you..German Shepards have a stronger bite pressure then a pitbull..Every day children,Adults and other animals get attacked by dogs, but it wont make it on the news unless its a "PITBILL" ..
Derek

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Feb 2, 2008
Tyson1 wrote:
Hey let me turn this around on you negative people..I have a pure bred pitbull, papers, pedigree and all..Ok when he was around 8 months he was at the dog park and 2 grey hounds attacted him and he didnt nothing back, he was yalping..He still has a scar on his nose from the incident.My dog is sweet and comes from a well balanced and terrific bloodline.Its not the pits fault its the careless owners..Any dog can be mean and can bite the shit outta you..German Shepards have a stronger bite pressure then a pitbull..Every day children,Adults and other animals get attacked by dogs, but it wont make it on the news unless its a "PITBILL" ..
Wow ... you are breaking my heart ... lets march on Washington D.C to demand equality for pit bulls ... end pit bull discrimination ... fight the power !!

Bottom line is that most pit bull owners are either Puerto Rican low lifes , black gang bangers or white trash ... see the trend ?
Hazmat

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Feb 2, 2008
Pit Bulls are aggressive by nature, having been bred to kill larger animals.

Humans are a species of larger animals.

Breeding and owning Pit Bulls should be illegal everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min OzRitz 1,419,606
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,958
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Too Funny 61,058
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr John-K 311,627
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr Ironman3 98,171
Heroin in Opa Locka (Oct '12) Sat annonfromPGH 13
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump Aug 24 WasteWater 82

Hollywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollywood Mortgages