Early voters in Florida are waiting up to six hours in line

Nov 4, 2012 Full story: Daily Kos 8

As predicted, when Gov. Scott of Florida cut the early voting hours in half in Florida, the logistical problems would get really bad with early voting and today, Saturday, November 3, 2012 is the last day to vote early in Florida.

Full Story
John Balzer

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 4, 2012
Is the vote rigged to get crooks like Al Lamberti re-elected? As the Broward County Sheriff, Lamberti has a cavalcade of shocking scandals starting with the money used for his election coming from Ponzi scheme felon Rothstein, ending last week with his first deputy Sgt. Kogod being bust for falsifying records (stealing) and his administrator Bakowski embezzling millions. Fact is that the entire Lamberti reign of terror as sheriff has been fraught of more and greater scandal after scandal than any of his crooked predecesors and that's a big set of crook shoes to fill. Voters need to dump Lamberti and move on.

“A Shot In The Eye”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 4, 2012
No. It's rigged to make sure that Obama doesn't get re-elected.
Your Right To Vote

AOL

#3 Nov 4, 2012
I am so proud of those who waited to vote. Never give up. This is your right, never ever let anyone silence your voice or force you to stop caring.

In Miami-Dade, Lumi Sava said she tried to vote six times at the Aventura Government Center but was turned away five times by police officers because the parking lot was full.

"I was persistent; I went six times," said Sava, 66, of Sunny Isles Beach. "But how many people gave up after one?"
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/10/31/173262/...

I talked to one man who was walking with a cane but he couldn't walk up the court house steps because the court house is not handicapped accessible. I never asked his political affiliation, he never asked mine. He said, "I can't make it that far. I said, Do you want me to go in and ask someone to get you a wheel chair?" He said "No my knees can't take this. I have to sit down. Screw this. I'm going home"

He just left without voting. He didn't demand his right even though he was a tax payer. I hope with all my heart he votes Tuesday. If we have to, we need to drive those who can't get to the polls and see they get wheel chairs or any help they need but we can't shut out citizens just because we are apathetic toward them and our election process.
native american

Tulsa, OK

#4 Nov 5, 2012
Scott defrauded medicare, he is defrauding this election, elderly people standing on their feet for eight hours to excersize their right to vote, they should drag that bastard down to those lines and make him stand for eight hours, if he, Scott, closes those voting polls before everyone gets to vote, their should be a riot, raise so much hell that the national guard will be called, get the nations attention as to what these republican are doing to suppress the vote
native american

Tulsa, OK

#5 Nov 5, 2012
all Americans stand your ground, if you are standing in those voter suppressing lines for hours and they close the polls on you , riot, raise hell, don't just walk meekly away , stand your ground
Gitano

Miami, FL

#6 Nov 5, 2012
native american wrote:
Scott defrauded medicare, he is defrauding this election, elderly people standing on their feet for eight hours to excersize their right to vote, they should drag that bastard down to those lines and make him stand for eight hours, if he, Scott, closes those voting polls before everyone gets to vote, their should be a riot, raise so much hell that the national guard will be called, get the nations attention as to what these republican are doing to suppress the vote
The MAJORITY of Black and Hispanic Democrats under 50 yrs only have themselves to blame , They did what they always do which was to completely ignore state elections and thus they screwed over their parents who did vote.

So when you see an elderly Black or Hispanic Dem waiting in line for 8 hours you can thank their kids and grandkids for ignoring state elections.

It is time that communities treat non voters like sewage waste.
Gitano

Miami, FL

#7 Nov 5, 2012
Truth For Legume wrote:
No. It's rigged to make sure that Obama doesn't get re-elected.
The republican tea party Gov Rick Scott has done all he could to stop "REAL" elections but again he had plenty of help from the majority of Black and Hispanic Dems under 50 who were to ignorant, lazy and apathetic to bother voting last state election.

He was elected because of them so they can for once take responcibility for being enablers.

I have never had a problem with republicans but dems who do not vote are the real problem and should be treated like crap by neighbors, family, coworkers.

Hell fire them if you have a business .
native american

Tulsa, OK

#8 Nov 5, 2012
Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican tea party Gov Rick Scott has done all he could to stop "REAL" elections but again he had plenty of help from the majority of Black and Hispanic Dems under 50 who were to ignorant, lazy and apathetic to bother voting last state election.
He was elected because of them so they can for once take responcibility for being enablers.
I have never had a problem with republicans but dems who do not vote are the real problem and should be treated like crap by neighbors, family, coworkers.
Hell fire them if you have a business .
I'm hard core liberal, but I too blame the lazy slaggards that was just too lazy to get off their ass and get out and vote and is why we took a beating in 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min John Galt 1,153,461
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,994
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Vic 96,620
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 306,955
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,880
Review: Miami Center-Laser Dentistry - Yudah Ar... (Oct '10) 8 hr maria 2
africa23 - _tel od out fo in protest is spy whyte 18 hr africhaiti 1
Hollywood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web