Hollywood pawn shop worker shot dead

Hollywood pawn shop worker shot dead

There are 107 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Hollywood pawn shop worker shot dead. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Police are trying to find out who left a 25-year-old pawn shop employee shot dead outside his house early Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bobby

Hialeah, FL

#1 Jun 5, 2008
Yay.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Jun 5, 2008
What idiot gave the story the headline "Hollywood Pawn Shop Worker Shot Dead"?

Moron, do you realize that your implication is that the guy was WORKING AT THE PAWN SHOP WHEN SHOT?!

If he had worked as a bartender, and was shot outside his home, and you said, "Bartender shot dead" we'd think that the guy was killed IN THE BAR.

Learn how to fckking write, would you?!
Boka

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Jun 5, 2008
So many pawn shops are associated with criminal activity, especially the movement of stolen property. Years ago the Sun-Sentinel featured an award winning story on the subject.
Negative Waves

Powder Springs, GA

#4 Jun 5, 2008
Justifiably Bellicose wrote:
Moron, do you realize that your implication is that the guy was WORKING AT THE PAWN SHOP WHEN SHOT?!
If he had worked as a bartender, and was shot outside his home, and you said, "Bartender shot dead" we'd think that the guy was killed IN THE BAR.
It's "war" out there....

Another

Powder Springs, GA

#5 Jun 5, 2008
Bobby wrote:
Yay.
Unfortunately another opportunity missed to prove carrying handguns prevent gun violence. Condolences to the pawn shop worker...

http://www.gunguys.com/

“Clinging to 'em since 1776”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Jun 5, 2008
The Sentinel intentionally attempted to leave the impression that being associated with the pawn shop had something to do with his death, yet provided no supporting evidence.

Garbage reporting with respect to the headline.

Next time try a more appropriate headline, although, considering the source, I won't hold my breath.
John

AOL

#8 Jun 6, 2008
<<<"He was a very quiet kid. He would be the last person you'd think would get in trouble," said Gloria Pagal, who lived next door to the Tobins for more than 10 years>>>

I saw the still photographs on Channel-7 news with him flashing gang signs with his homeboys. He didn't look like the quiet kid to me.
jeff

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Jun 6, 2008
Another wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately another opportunity missed to prove carrying handguns prevent gun violence. Condolences to the pawn shop worker...
http://www.gunguys.com/
Where did it say he wasn't packing. Of course it the law did not allow the shooter to have a gun the victim would not have been shot "Charton Heston".

“You want some of this?”

Since: Jul 07

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Jun 6, 2008
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did it say he wasn't packing. Of course it the law did not allow the shooter to have a gun the victim would not have been shot "Charton Heston".
Do you really think the shooter legally owned a gun? Man are you dense!
Law abiding

United States

#12 Jun 6, 2008
Mo-Ham-Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm suer the murderer was carrying a LEGAL fire arm...
If you do mot want to be armed, thats fine. DO NOT try to take away MY right to be armed, it might save your life one day.
Your my hero. Another law abiding citizen who is going to take the law in his own hands...

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#13 Jun 6, 2008
Law abiding wrote:
<quoted text>
Your my hero. Another law abiding citizen who is going to take the law in his own hands...
You mistakenly assume that those of us who that carry legally are all just waiting to shoot somebody.
Nothing could be further from the truth .
son of sam

West Palm Beach, FL

#14 Jun 6, 2008
Ignignokt wrote:
<quoted text>
You mistakenly assume that those of us who that carry legally are all just waiting to shoot somebody.
Nothing could be further from the truth .
"
No one "mistakenly assumed" anything. The right to carry a gun has gone a long way to stopping crime hasn't it.But I'll tell the robber to hold on while I call for your assistance next time since you want to protect his rights too.Legal or illegal they are still on the streets.
Random Sample

United States

#15 Jun 6, 2008
PhoneBill wrote:
The Sentinel intentionally attempted to leave the impression that being associated with the pawn shop had something to do with his death, yet provided no supporting evidence.
Garbage reporting with respect to the headline.
Next time try a more appropriate headline, although, considering the source, I won't hold my breath.
Watching an idiot trying to rationalize is funnier than George W Bush claiming that he didn't lie to the American people.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#16 Jun 6, 2008
son of sam wrote:
<quoted text>
"
No one "mistakenly assumed" anything. The right to carry a gun has gone a long way to stopping crime hasn't it.But I'll tell the robber to hold on while I call for your assistance next time since you want to protect his rights too.Legal or illegal they are still on the streets.
How is it that you equate my rights with protecting a criminal carrying a gun?
Yes , they are on the streets , but I was referring to the poster who thinks CWL holders are all vigilantes .
Beaner

Hollywood, FL

#17 Jun 6, 2008
Random Sample wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching an idiot trying to rationalize is funnier than George W Bush claiming that he didn't lie to the American people.
It all comes back to Bush doesn't it? Every card carrying liberal blames Bush for ever wrong in America? We all know Klinton, Carter, or Kennedy never lied to the American public...At least in your fantasy land mind. They were such great leaders...
Sheep Dog

Hollywood, FL

#18 Jun 6, 2008
Hey Sun Slantinel, how about trying some responsible journalism for a change? You really don't have to keep trying to be the Rick Sanchez of the newspaper world!
J RABBIT

Tucson, AZ

#19 Jun 6, 2008
FOR ALL OF U WHO WANT TO SAY THINGS ABOUT MY BEST FRIEND.. I THINK U ARE WRONG U DONT KNOW HIM NOR THE SITUATION.. HE WAS THE BEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE .. I AM A BUISNESS OWNER SO I HAVE MANY CONTRACTS WIT VARIOUS PEOPLE.. ARTIE WOULDNT GET MAD NO MATTER HOW MANY BUTTONS U PUSHES.. YEA U MANY HAVE SEEN PICS OF HIM DOING GANG SIGNS BUT HE WAS NEVER INVOLVED WIT THEM EXEPT FOR HAVING FRIENDS THAT WERE INVOLVED. PEOPLE ARE SAYIN THINGS ON HERE THAT IF HIS FAMILY READ WHO KILL THEM EVEN MORE THAN WHAT THEY ARE FEELING NOW.. TELL ME THIS... HOW WOULD U FEEL TO LOOSE UR CHILD 10 STEPS FROM UR FRONT DOOR.. TO WALK OUTSIDE EVERYDAY AND LOOK AT THE POOL OF BLOOD WHERE UR SONS LIFELESS BODY LAID... I COULDNT DO IT.. HOW WOULD U FEEL TO HOLD UR SON DURING HIS LAST BREATHE... I COULDNT DO IT EITHER.. THERE IS A SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS DO UNTO OTHERS AS U WOULD WANT DONE ONTO U... JUDGE AND BE JUDGED... THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN JUDGE THIS SITUATION IS GOD HIMSELF.. AND IF UR NOT HIM KEEP UR RUDE COMMENTS TO URSelf....
I LOVE U ARTIE
*~* R.I.P.*~*
FOREVER IN MY HEART
lab-rat

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Jun 6, 2008
Justifiably Bellicose wrote:
They're making up for the headline about the LAWYER drowning.

But how much would it suck having the words "Pawn Shop" in your eulogy?
Don

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Jun 6, 2008
"What idiot gave the story the headline "Hollywood Pawn Shop Worker Shot Dead"? Moron, do you realize that your implication is that the guy was WORKING AT THE PAWN SHOP WHEN SHOT?!"

I don't get the impression he was working in a pawn shop when shot. I asked three people in my journalism class, and they don't get that impression either. Sometimes people of less than average intelligence perceive things a little differently than the rest of us.
abc

Miami, FL

#23 Jun 6, 2008
was this the kid that called police on the criminal sitting outsisde the pawn shop in hollywood- when a man cami to pawn some speakers and he notice the man- he recvd money for calling tips?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aquarius-WY 1,459,474
Heroin in Opa Locka (Oct '12) 11 min deedee 42
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min silly rabbit 312,824
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Walla Walla Ding ... 62,342
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr TRD 71,237
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Brian_G 7,945
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,274

Hollywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hollywood Mortgages