Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Holly Ridge Forum

Comments (Page 1,361)

Showing posts 27,201 - 27,220 of49,374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
James R Hoffa JR

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I have never said I supported dividing our country. Our country is divided. The division began way before the election and would have continued despite the outcome of the POTUS. The good samaritan came in because you're always throwing in the story about how the good samaritan and how he helped the man injured by making sure he was taken care of. He could have just as easily passed on by, called him a bad name, spit on him and told him you got what you deserved. He put politics of the day aside, did his part by helping the injured man through the healing process. Although you can't help what others post, but look at how others on here vilify those of us that didn't agree with their choice of a candidate and ours'. Let's see, republikan, republiCON, start your own fuk*** country, communist (I think we've all been called that, both sides), stupid, traitor (which clearly some don't understand the definition of a traitor) republican right wingers, crybabys, etc. You always bring up the story of the good samaritan, and as you've accused me before, I will you, what have done to help heal (some will not understand, you get the analogy)? If TOXIC is a sampling of how people in the U.S. treat and view each other, I honest to God predict and hope not, there will be more than symbolic gestures.
you support the Republicans
You support racists nuts plain and simple
a vote for mcCroy is one more step to Texas
That racist bitch Haily from SC endorsed him
And the republicans call her an oreo but she's
Racist against blacks women and she's a women
Makes alot of scene don't it look her record
Up I live here

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I have never said I supported dividing our country. Our country is divided. The division began way before the election and would have continued despite the outcome of the POTUS. The good samaritan came in because you're always throwing in the story about how the good samaritan and how he helped the man injured by making sure he was taken care of. He could have just as easily passed on by, called him a bad name, spit on him and told him you got what you deserved. He put politics of the day aside, did his part by helping the injured man through the healing process. Although you can't help what others post, but look at how others on here vilify those of us that didn't agree with their choice of a candidate and ours'. Let's see, republikan, republiCON, start your own fuk*** country, communist (I think we've all been called that, both sides), stupid, traitor (which clearly some don't understand the definition of a traitor) republican right wingers, crybabys, etc. You always bring up the story of the good samaritan, and as you've accused me before, I will you, what have done to help heal (some will not understand, you get the analogy)? If TOXIC is a sampling of how people in the U.S. treat and view each other, I honest to God predict and hope not, there will be more than symbolic gestures.
Our bantering on here makes for good entertainment and mental stimulation (and we all all guilty of name calling), but does not fair well in solving the problems of our nation. We can expect heated arguments on any level, but I just hope that our elected leaders will work more in the spirit of cooperation in order of getting things accomplished. This would be a good time for both parties to set a new tone, but maybe the divide is so wide that it cannot be fixed. I just hope this is not the case. The way it looks now, anger and division is still the prevailing tone. Both parties need leaders to stand up and set a positive course. Obama needs to set this tone and I think he is showing signs of doing this.
James R Hoffa JR

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I am holding out a hope that collective collaberation in the form of compromise, along with the goal of solving the nation's problems will be the spirit that the 2nd Obama term, the Republican House and the Democrat Senate will work on. If you want to continue the war of division, that is your perogative. Sessesion, even if in symbolic terms only, solves none of our real problems. It only widens the gap. The electorate in this nation see Republicans as the party of 'no'. If you want to see that perspective continued, that is your choice. I think that our energy could be spent in a much more productive way. Is your vision of America a divided one? What do you really hope to accomplish with the seccesion movement? Seccesion advocates as mid term Republican candidates? If so, you're more dead than I thought.
there voodoo economics are dead
Like that half wit Reagan he did'nt know
If he was comming or going
James R Hoffa JR

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Our bantering on here makes for good entertainment and mental stimulation (and we all all guilty of name calling), but does not fair well in solving the problems of our nation. We can expect heated arguments on any level, but I just hope that our elected leaders will work more in the spirit of cooperation in order of getting things accomplished. This would be a good time for both parties to set a new tone, but maybe the divide is so wide that it cannot be fixed. I just hope this is not the case. The way it looks now, anger and division is still the prevailing tone. Both parties need leaders to stand up and set a positive course. Obama needs to set this tone and I think he is showing signs of doing this.
you and Obama need to mad over
This bullshit if I was black I would be pissed
We need to line these traitors up and shot
There ass they have a list of names shoot
There ass you don't think bush would
Have shot you for doing the same I'm
Pissed I didn't know there was crazys
Like this a joke is joke but this is out
Of hand

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

James R Hoffa JR wrote:
<quoted text> you support the Republicans
You support racists nuts plain and simple
a vote for mcCroy is one more step to Texas
That racist bitch Haily from SC endorsed him
And the republicans call her an oreo but she's
Racist against blacks women and she's a women
Makes alot of scene don't it look her record
Up I live here
You don't know me or what I support. I clearly see you have not or do not support education. I still find you precious because you want to fit in. In a pathetic way it must be taxing to sit around and come up with the inane drivel you post daily under different monikers. Clealy lonliness is very sad for you and I hope you find somone that will love you and teach you.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me or what I support. I clearly see you have not or do not support education. I still find you precious because you want to fit in. In a pathetic way it must be taxing to sit around and come up with the inane drivel you post daily under different monikers. Clealy lonliness is very sad for you and I hope you find somone that will love you and teach you.
Good Mornin Bacon, you are a good person! Hope you have a great day.
James R Hoffa JR

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want what your selling if
Your one those idiot go to texiaco
With the rest of the nuts
James R Hoffa JR

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I'm not playing anymore republicans
Are crazy I have seen what your
trying to do it not cute nor funny
But I'm stupid you think will see
What happens
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Texas and Louisiana citizens began petitions to the White House to peacefully withdraw from the United States and then yesterday that number had grown to nearly forty states. As this happened, the Texas petition topped its goal of 20,000 signatures. I hope the communist minded Traders in Washington realizes that Americans do not want their crap. They will not stand by and let these thieves’ steal from their family’s furfure.
James R Hoffa JR

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Taxpayer wrote:
Texas and Louisiana citizens began petitions to the White House to peacefully withdraw from the United States and then yesterday that number had grown to nearly forty states. As this happened, the Texas petition topped its goal of 20,000 signatures. I hope the communist minded Traders in Washington realizes that Americans do not want their crap. They will not stand by and let these thieves’ steal from their family’s furfure.
you go to
Hell its in Texas and the devil Rick Perry
Is the president
James R Hoffa JR

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Dick Perry like up the but Perry
He is a guy with a 1 inch pecker
That why he is angry at the country
Thank God there will be a democrat
In there soon
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not even close to what I stated. I stated that the Republican agenda was to discourage minority, student and elderly voting with tactics of voter ID and reducing the voting hours in hopes of these groups not casting a vote for democrats, which by the way, did not work out too well, did it?
I did not see the KKK standing in front of the voting polls only the Black Panthers and Acorn supports. So who was trying to intimidate who? I was not asked to show an ID. I was only asked my name and address. Signed the book and voted. No intimidation.
The only reason for those appose to ID’s were using minority, student and elderly to hide their criminal acts of voter fraud and ballet stuffing to through the election for communist leader Obama?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I am reading and watching the news since the election ended and I am puzzled how so many people can’t see how increasing taxes will hurt the economy.

I continue to hear people say “It won’t kill the country or hurt the rich if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires.”
It is my opinion that our political "leaders" and some on this forum are completely missing the point. It's not that a small increase in taxes on the wealthy would kill the economy. It's that every tax increase hurts the economy.

Aside from the objectionable taking of private property from citizens that rightfully earned it, tax increases make the economy less efficient, reduce the economy's ability to grow and create jobs, and increases the size and power of a government that is already increasingly stifling freedom and the economy.

Maximizing government revenue should not be the goal of our government. Our goal for government is to maximize individual freedom and economic growth. Neither of these goals is achieved by maximizing government revenue.

Our leaders continue to say we have to raise taxes to reduce the deficit. This too is nothing but smoke and mirrors because government doesn’t have a revenue problem, government has a spending problem. We can't fix a spending problem by increasing taxes, and a tax hike in exchange for growing government just a little less quickly won't fix the deficit. Further, increasing taxes will not help the business down the street expand and hire a new employee. It will do precisely the opposite.

When you here conservatives like myself oppose increasing taxes it's not just some political talking point, nor is it out of some irrational concern we have for taxpayers that have more money than we have.

Conservatives oppose tax increases because they're bad for the economy and our economy is bad enough already.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't always the "rich guy winning". But I started with nothing and invested MY money, MY time, MY sacrifices and played within the rules set forth by our government. Now people like me are greedy and evil.
People who do not think to care for the employees that make them rich are just immoral. Many times it is due to greed. One can be rich and treat employees well at the same time. If government regulations are all that give you a guideline of how to treat an employee, then you should realize why government increases regulations. If you and your kind had a decent moral code to start with, their would be no need for the regulations.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that made you a smart guy, that didn't let someone make millions, off your back. You went out and took a chance and made it work. Amazing how that works.
You confuse what we liberals think of rich people. We do not think the rich are all greedy. We think the rich that treat their employees poorly just to make more money are greedy.
If you wish to debate this actual issue, I am up for it. But seems you are just repeating talking points that are just falsehoods.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Investor wrote:
<quoted text>I never said democrats weren't rich or buisness owners...Mike, just pointing out the obvious. The moochers almost outnumber the producers already and a majority of the moochers are democrats. If, for easy math, the rich/business owners are split 50/50, if the Repubs disappear, the US would become Greece instantly but if the demos disappear, there would still be more producers than moochers.
Common sense...or thanks to govt education I like to call it uncommon sense.
Clearly you are under the false impression that republicans are not on government help.
Thanks for telling us your perception.
James R Hoffa JR

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You confuse what we liberals think of rich people. We do not think the rich are all greedy. We think the rich that treat their employees poorly just to make more money are greedy.
If you wish to debate this actual issue, I am up for it. But seems you are just repeating talking points that are just falsehoods.
now that
Was true
James R Hoffa JR

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Republicans don't know what work
Is they have never seen it get
Your hands dirty one time it
Good for you

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>People who do not think to care for the employees that make them rich are just immoral. Many times it is due to greed. One can be rich and treat employees well at the same time. If government regulations are all that give you a guideline of how to treat an employee, then you should realize why government increases regulations. If you and your kind had a decent moral code to start with, their would be no need for the regulations.
More twisted rhetoric from you I see.

No one but you stated that government regulations were a guide to how an employee should be treated.

My employee turnover rate is almost non-existent with the exception of the occasional 20 plus year retiree.

Mike it is quite strange how you have the answers on how to successfully run someone else’s business from a distance with zero investment into said business.

Reminds me of a quote I read some time ago about how someone that thought they knew the answer but had no experience in the subject at hand.“It is easy to plow the fields when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the field”.

Yes, it all looks good on paper and even better when the results don’t directly affect you

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>As long as, he pays overtime. No it doesn't make him a "hero". It makes him a businessman with a product that you and I, or the general public, want enough to require him to need employees to work overtime for paycheck they receive, so they can go buy new clothes, shoes,(my fav.) cars, vacations, engagement rings, pay for weddings for daughters, etc...The President has absolute power, is he corrupt?
These republican minded businessmen would not pay overtime unless the government demanded them to do so with regulations. Why? Because some people are just greedy and have a poor moral compass.
If Papa John wants to cut his employees hours so he can save a buck, he has that option. But as with all actions, they may have consequences. The bad PR may cause him to lose more than he would save. But it sounds as if Papa John is just trying to make a statement and could afford the losses. You see, he cares more for the republican agenda than he cares about his employees. That is just poor morals.
Seems like the republican mindset sees no need to have a moral code where business is concerned. I guess the bible did not have a rule about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,201 - 27,220 of49,374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Holly Ridge Discussions

Search the Holly Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
DEVELOPING: SBI to investigate deadly officer-i... Apr 16 gail 1
Online Update: Sea salt harvester uses Wrightsv... Apr 7 Sarah Diaz 1
why are black people so racist (Jan '09) Apr 7 metal man 176
looking for a low priced place to rent Apr 5 interested 1
Fuzzy Parti Scheme Apr 4 Anne Russell 1
Attorney Kari Lee Schultz Wilmington NC Apr 3 Karen 2
Navy midshipman dies after skateboarding accident Mar 31 Julia Dixon 1
•••
•••