Susan

Warwick, RI

#1 Mar 25, 2006
I will be moving to Hampstead this summer. I am very much looking forward to bringing my family to this area. If anyone has relocated there from another state please let me know how you feel about the area. Thanks!
mr gatorman

Brunswick, GA

#2 Mar 28, 2006
Do you feel like struggling and living around narrow minded people?If so this is the place for you.....Gosh i hope you are from near the area....If not they will judge you where you are from...As far as struggling...Look what they pay against the cost of living/taxes...I feel for you...I lived in south eastern N.C. until i was 31..I am 40 now and moved away....Thank god!!!!!!
Lynda _ Annapolis MD

Woodbridge, VA

#3 Mar 28, 2006
I'm also moving to Hampstead this summer. I'm really excited as well. My brother moved to the area around ten years ago and has been quite happy. I'm looking forward to a slower pace. Although I can say that I don't think the traffic is much better than what I'm used to now. Probably because so many people are moving there.
Susan wrote:
I will be moving to Hampstead this summer. I am very much looking forward to bringing my family to this area. If anyone has relocated there from another state please let me know how you feel about the area. Thanks!
mr gatorman

Brunswick, GA

#4 Mar 28, 2006
It is slower pace alright..I could not agree with you more....It is more like reverse...What few jobs that are there do not pay a decent wage....More power to you!!!!And please do not drive through there with a out of state tag...According to most you have no business there......If you think other wise,Then that is your opinion...I live there all my life until 31....i have a different opinion
Mikey

Charlotte, NC

#5 Apr 4, 2006
Lynda _ Annapolis MD wrote:
I'm also moving to Hampstead this summer. I'm really excited as well. My brother moved to the area around ten years ago and has been quite happy. I'm looking forward to a slower pace. Although I can say that I don't think the traffic is much better than what I'm used to now. Probably because so many people are moving there. <quoted text>
Lynda,

Hampstead is an up and coming area and people are very friendly. Lots of people have moved to the area from all over the U.S. I've lived here all my life and I'm happy to continue living here. Welcome to NC!
Mikey

Charlotte, NC

#6 Apr 4, 2006
Susan wrote:
I will be moving to Hampstead this summer. I am very much looking forward to bringing my family to this area. If anyone has relocated there from another state please let me know how you feel about the area. Thanks!
Susan,

I love the Hampstead area, you'll be very happy there. It's growing fast and you still have a somewhat laid back atmosphere thats relaxing as well. Lots of people from all over the U.S. have moved to the area. I've lived here all of my life and I've seen some major changes, but with growth, those changes will come, people just have to make the best of it!

Welcome to Hampstead!
Ingrid Miller

Sneads Ferry, NC

#7 Apr 5, 2006
I moved here last summer and it is absolutely wonderful. We have the best schools in the state. That is why we are here. Lots of beaches too. Far from the wilmington traffic.
Susan wrote:
I will be moving to Hampstead this summer. I am very much looking forward to bringing my family to this area. If anyone has relocated there from another state please let me know how you feel about the area. Thanks!
Lynda _ Annapolis MD

Baltimore, MD

#8 Apr 9, 2006
Mikey & Ingrid - Thanks for such a warm welcome! I'm so excited to be moving down, July feels like it won't come soon enough! As much as I will miss Annapolis - I can't knock it, it is a really great place to live - I am looking for a little slower pace and a little more gardening time even though Maryland is not so different than North Carolina. We don't get much of a winter.
Linda

Yonkers, NY

#9 Apr 24, 2006
I am also moving to Hampstead this summer. We plan to be in our new home in June. It will be a big change from our N.Y. life but we are looking foward to the change. Our 3 kids ages 16,12 &4 all seem to be okay with the move and their new life in NC.
Good luck to everyone moving this summer.
Lynda _ Annapolis MD

Woodbridge, VA

#10 May 1, 2006
I'm getting nervous as I get closer to the move! We should be moving in July. Just need to sell the house here. We've never made a big move before and with our son going off to college it will basically be me and my husband. I hope that we'll be able to find new friends quickly because I'm leaving some very close friends and sometimes wonder what on earth we're doing....
Linda

Yonkers, NY

#11 May 1, 2006
Lynda _ Annapolis MD wrote:
I'm getting nervous as I get closer to the move! We should be moving in July. Just need to sell the house here. We've never made a big move before and with our son going off to college it will basically be me and my husband. I hope that we'll be able to find new friends quickly because I'm leaving some very close friends and sometimes wonder what on earth we're doing....
Hi Lynda
Where in Hampstead are you moving too? We will be moving there in June and I feel the same way. It's getting close and I guess we all wonder if we are making the right choice. Good luck to you and keep in touch.
Linda
Lynda _ Annapolis MD

Baltimore, MD

#12 May 5, 2006
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lynda
Where in Hampstead are you moving too? We will be moving there in June and I feel the same way. It's getting close and I guess we all wonder if we are making the right choice. Good luck to you and keep in touch.
Linda
Hi Linda - e-mail me at mybeachgarden@yahoo.com.
ohiohousewife

Mansfield, OH

#13 Jun 5, 2006
Wow! so many people moving to Hampstead! If my husband takes his job offer we'll also be moving this summer. I wish I was more excited! My family has all lived in this small Ohio town for generations and it's going to be hard to leave. We have a 5 year old and a 3 year old who will miss the big family!
We will be going down to visit in a couple weeks. Have you been there? Anything you could tell me about it? Thanks! Good luck to you!
matt

Wilmington, NC

#14 Jun 10, 2006
Yes the schools are good now. One problem the princaple from Topsail High is going to Cape Fear Acadamy this next year. Hugh McMannis(sp?) did wonders for the schools in the Hamstead area. Before Topsail High he was at Hoggard High (Wilmington) and had that school ranked in the top 10 in the nation. I hope the schools stay as good as they are right now in the area not having McMannis around.
Lynda _ Annapolis MD

Lanham, MD

#15 Jul 9, 2006
ohiohousewife wrote:
Wow! so many people moving to Hampstead! If my husband takes his job offer we'll also be moving this summer. I wish I was more excited! My family has all lived in this small Ohio town for generations and it's going to be hard to leave. We have a 5 year old and a 3 year old who will miss the big family!
We will be going down to visit in a couple weeks. Have you been there? Anything you could tell me about it? Thanks! Good luck to you!
Yes, lots of people are moving to Hampstead. If we ever sell our house in Maryland, we will be too. We really like it there and have met lots of nice people there. Let us know how your visit goes!
Shel_2

Pembroke, NC

#16 Feb 4, 2008
My family just relocated to Hampstead from a tiny village in upstate NY about 3 weeks ago. We are very happy we made the move. Everyone we have met has been super friendly and helpful! It's close to the beaches and a short drive into Wilmington.
Christine

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#17 Jul 9, 2010
We are also looking into moving to Hampstead from LI New York. We are going down in 2 weeks to look at the town and see whats what. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! A little worried about my 12 yr old son who will be going to school there and how he will be welcomed? Are there a lot of out of towners there? Do the schools have a lot to offer? Our school district is basically falling apart and heard Hampstead is good? Any info or advice would be appreciated.
thanks!
christine

Since: Aug 10

Hampstead, NC

#18 Aug 20, 2010
Christine wrote:
We are also looking into moving to Hampstead from LI New York. We are going down in 2 weeks to look at the town and see whats what. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! A little worried about my 12 yr old son who will be going to school there and how he will be welcomed? Are there a lot of out of towners there? Do the schools have a lot to offer? Our school district is basically falling apart and heard Hampstead is good? Any info or advice would be appreciated.
thanks!
christine
I assume if you decided yes, you are probably here by now! I relocated from a few states away 3 years ago. I believe Hampstead is diverse, as most coastal towns. We have a lot of re-locaters (like myself). It is a very small community and from what I have heard the schools are acceptable. There is plenty of coastal life to live between the two close beaches, Topsail is closer, then there is Wrightsville. I believe (by reading past posts) the people here are not 'redneck' nor 'ignorant' we are all here in this beautiful area to enjoy our lives!
Anonymous

Flushing, NY

#19 Mar 28, 2012
Christine wrote:
We are also looking into moving to Hampstead from LI New York. We are going down in 2 weeks to look at the town and see whats what. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! A little worried about my 12 yr old son who will be going to school there and how he will be welcomed? Are there a lot of out of towners there? Do the schools have a lot to offer? Our school district is basically falling apart and heard Hampstead is good? Any info or advice would be appreciated.
thanks!
christine
hi Christine ,

How do you guys like it? I'm from NY and will be moving in the area in the next 2 years , my son will be 13 and daughter 11. How is the schools ? Do the kids like it ? Any info would be great ?
Claire Wong-Ostapowicz

Meriden, CT

#20 Sep 4, 2013
Good morning,

Does this forum or one similar exist on Facebook?

Thank you,
Claire

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holly Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Air Medic Air Duct Cleaning (Dec '13) Nov 13 Felicity 3
The Mechanical Engineer and the Sunken Treasure (Apr '13) Nov 11 kurtcooksalot16 2
Larceny - Andrew Francis Hefele Nov 1 Concerned 1
Wilmington sucks (Apr '12) Oct 31 Hesrightwilmingto... 3
jason mullis (Jun '13) Oct 31 jason 2
lookin for that horse Oct 28 say wha 2
More Oct 28 A disgusted RBA p... 1
Holly Ridge Dating
Find my Match

Holly Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Holly Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Holly Ridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:28 pm PST

ESPN 3:28PM
Judge: Redskins can proceed with name case
ESPN 8:25 PM
Source: Redskins to start McCoy over RG III
Bleacher Report 8:34 PM
Report: Redskins to Start McCoy over RGIII
NFL 8:42 PM
Redskins planning to start McCoy over RGIII on Sunday
Bleacher Report 9:14 PM
Redskins vs. Colts: Complete Week 13 Preview for Washington