Immigrants are key to state's economy

Full story: Milford Daily News

Immigrants have prevented population losses in Massachusetts, which has seen large numbers of native-born residents move to other states.
Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I B Nutz

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

PRO-IMMIGRATION wrote:
i am sorry i just couldn't help myself but to answer to this stupid comment of yours. so, illigal immigrants take your jobs and get free health care?!!! Oh you poor baby. do you even know that illigals cannot even get a health insurance and even if they have it they have to pay a lot more for it then any of you? and to your comment about how illigals get help in the emergency room faster then Americans, i would say that it is crap. When my family had to take my brother to er with a broken arm, we had to wait 2 hours for help. and I am a legal resident of USA and so is my little brother. So, please do not make those stupid comments again,b/c you have no idea what you are talking about. And how the hell do you know that illigals don't pay taxes, most of them do. and you know why b/c they want to stay here and work and raise their families.
and of course lets not forget about "all the crime that illigal immigrants bring to USA." USA already has a lot of crime commited by it's own citizens. Don you think, my dear, that if a person who wants to stay in USA and has no legal status, would commit a crime? NO he or she will do anything possible to stay away from trouble, if they want to stay here.
As for the "drinking parties", i have to say that maybe it's o'k for you to go to bed at 8pm but some people actually like to live their lives to the fullest. Maybe you should check out those parties and learn how to have fun and live, instead of just existing in this world!
I am proud to be an immigrant. and I do not like what is going on in this country right now.
Do not blame illigals for all the problems. It just shows how uneducated you are.
good luck!!!
<quoted text>
As for the "drinking parties", i have to say that maybe it's o'k for you to go to bed at 8pm but some people actually like to live their lives to the fullest. Maybe you should check out those parties and learn how to have fun and live, instead of just existing in this world!

You can party all you want. Rent a hall (oh, that ain't free).
Zzzaap

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

I've heard that Deval and his cronies in the legislature want to mandate a free baby carriage for all unwed pregnant Hispanic teenagers as a gesture of gratitude from all the subjects of the Commonwealth for doing their part to ensure a population increase so that the Commonwealth will not lose a Congressional seat as mandated by the next census.

“Stop Global Whining”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Once again the media spins it as "immigration" when the problem is with "illegal aliens". Nobody is against immigration and about 80% of America is against illegal aliens. Press never makes that distinction.

Recently down here in the DC area, the VA counties that are suburbs of DC have started cracking down. When asked, Montgomery County MD, another suburb of DC, spokespeople said that "our diversity is what makes us strong" and will enforce no immigration laws. Crime is going through the roof. Armed robberies were up 67% 2006-2007.

Meanwhile, in VA:

"MANASSAS, Va.- A Prince William County official is attributing a decline in certain types of crime last year to the county's crackdown on illegal immigrants.

A study released last week says homicides declined by 44 percent from 2006 to 2007. The incidence of rape fell 33 percent, robberies declined 23 percent, and aggravated assaults declined 18 percent. "
Wondering

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

PRO-IMMIGRATION wrote:
<quoted text>
I pro-immigration too. But I'm anti-illegal immigration.
Another Kim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

If ii wasn't for the Beaners our lawns wouldn't look so good! The 7-11's would close; we would have to dry clean our own clothes and clean our house... Damn, I don't want to to all that myself...
Wondering

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

I B Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
You can party all you want. Rent a hall (oh, that ain't free).
If you want to live life to the fullest you don't have to rely on drinking parties. Travel and learn about the world you live in, take a course and find out how things work. I've been to many drinking parties and they may have their moments but for the most part they aren't fun and if you think that's living your life to the fullest you have my sympathy.
Wondering

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Another Kim wrote:
If ii wasn't for the Beaners our lawns wouldn't look so good! The 7-11's would close; we would have to dry clean our own clothes and clean our house... Damn, I don't want to to all that myself...
I do my own lawn, I never found a lawn service that was worth the monet. I've never been inside a 7-11 and I can't recall the last time I brought anything to a dry cleaner. Summer dress, jeans & t-shirt. Winter dress, sweat shirt & jeans. If I have to wear a suit I don't go except for wedding and funerals and I try to get out of those.

Women standing over casket, "she/he looks wonderful". How sick is that?
Cranky in the AM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I do my own lawn, I never found a lawn service that was worth the monet. I've never been inside a 7-11 and I can't recall the last time I brought anything to a dry cleaner. Summer dress, jeans & t-shirt. Winter dress, sweat shirt & jeans. If I have to wear a suit I don't go except for wedding and funerals and I try to get out of those.
Women standing over casket, "she/he looks wonderful". How sick is that?
I agree with you about seeing a dead person in a casket...creepy. Just because they have been doing that for 100 years, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do... I don't want my body flooded with chemicals and put in the cold ground so the insects, bugs and snakes can eat at me...disgusting. Unfortunately, as humans we remain on the same track to loserville.

About doing your own work, good for you. I find all of those chores a bore and waste of time and money. I have people who do them for me, I must say that some of them are probably hispanic, or aliens...but, we all need to make money.
Another Kim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Hi Kim, it's so funny...regarding "Marlborough Soldier"...it's been me answering your post. The funny part is nobody cares, only me. As you can see from my post as many people you think you know. You are so pathetic! You never know who you are talkin to on these forums these days.

Since: Oct 07

Marlboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

Another Kim wrote:
Hi Kim, it's so funny...regarding "Marlborough Soldier"...it's been me answering your post. The funny part is nobody cares, only me. As you can see from my post as many people you think you know. You are so pathetic! You never know who you are talkin to on these forums these days.
You know what - you claim to know me. Okay lets have it. Show up at my door and see what happens. I have reported you to the administrators for threats. You stated you would "run me over with your car" along with "rape me" in another post. Everything you have said about me is slander and will come back to bite you. Actually, you weren't even worhtly of my replying to you.

Ball is in your court. Wanna play????
Priscilla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Another Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what - you claim to know me. Okay lets have it. Show up at my door and see what happens. I have reported you to the administrators for threats. You stated you would "run me over with your car" along with "rape me" in another post. Everything you have said about me is slander and will come back to bite you. Actually, you weren't even worhtly of my replying to you.
Ball is in your court. Wanna play????
First of all Ms. Kim; the world doesn't revolve around you. Not everybody knows you and not everybody wants to know you.

Secondly, I'm not sure I can both of those things at the same time especially since I can't remember when I had sex with a woman...maybe college? Anyway, keep your lesbo fantasies to yourself, don't include me in them.

Regarding slander: that would include you in all this communication stuff as well... I guess slander is when it isn't true?

Anyway, if you want to play fine, but keep your tendecies to you and your girlfirends and your fat azz....you have some reall issues you need to deal with.
Observer

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

PRO-IMMIGRATION wrote:
i am sorry i just couldn't help myself but to answer to this stupid comment of yours. so, illigal immigrants take your jobs and get free health care?!!! Oh you poor baby. do you even know that illigals cannot even get a health insurance and even if they have it they have to pay a lot more for it then any of you? and to your comment about how illigals get help in the emergency room faster then Americans, i would say that it is crap. When my family had to take my brother to er with a broken arm, we had to wait 2 hours for help. and I am a legal resident of USA and so is my little brother. So, please do not make those stupid comments again,b/c you have no idea what you are talking about. And how the hell do you know that illigals don't pay taxes, most of them do. and you know why b/c they want to stay here and work and raise their families.
and of course lets not forget about "all the crime that illigal immigrants bring to USA." USA already has a lot of crime commited by it's own citizens. Don you think, my dear, that if a person who wants to stay in USA and has no legal status, would commit a crime? NO he or she will do anything possible to stay away from trouble, if they want to stay here.
Maybe you should check out those parties and learn how to have fun and live, instead of just existing in this world!
I am proud to be an immigrant. and I do not like what is going on in this country right now.
Do not blame illigals for all the problems. It just shows how uneducated you are.
good luck!!!
<quoted text>
As for the "drinking parties", i have to say that maybe it's o'k for you to go to bed at 8pm but some people actually like to live their lives to the fullest.

Wow...last weekend (Saturday AND Sunday) my Puerto Rican neighbors across the street were living their lives to the "fullest".

Plenty of visitors. Music blasting till almost midnight, children, about 18 or 20 of them, running up and down the street screaming till after midnight playing hide and seek.

Sunday was a repeat performance. Only this time one of the visitiors parked his car in front of the house next door. Elderly couple. Car stereo on loud.

This has little to do with living ones' life to the fullest.

It is just plain low class and rude.
Bib Fortuna

Monomoy Island, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

RE: Hospitals

A month ago, my mother (now deceased) had a stroke
and was taken to a local hospital. She HAD TO WAIT as the Emergency room was full of over 1/2 dozen people who neither could speak English nor had any
form of insurance, and were being waited on 1st.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Holliston Discussions

Search the Holliston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 22 John 4,692
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Illegal Immigration Chat Show (Mar '07) Jul 16 terry 26
Review: Quintanilla Tax Attorneys Jun 28 Anonymous 1
How Many Sex Offenders Are There in Medfield? Jun '14 Alison Brown 1
Courthouse Records May '14 Elise Gingerich 2
Higher pay proposed for Pittsfield department h... May '14 Praxis33 25
•••
•••

Holliston News Video

•••
Holliston Dating

more search filters

less search filters