Immigrants are key to state's economy

Immigrants are key to state's economy

There are 33 comments on the Milford Daily News story from Oct 5, 2006, titled Immigrants are key to state's economy. In it, Milford Daily News reports that:

Immigrants have prevented population losses in Massachusetts, which has seen large numbers of native-born residents move to other states.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Milford Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disgusted Citizen

Boston, MA

#1 Oct 19, 2006
The reason people (legal citizens) are leaving this state is because of the illegal alien issue. The reason illegals are coming here is take our jobs and to take our stuff. The illegals work for less than minimum wages. Any of you massachusetts democrats out there willing to do that? Come down down here to Fino field in Milford on the weekend.
You will see hundreds of these criminals out playing
soccer. In the parking lot you will find 10 to 20 contractor vans parked there. If you run the ones that have names on them through the state secretaries office as I have, you will find that they are unregistered business's. That means they don't pay taxes, nor do thier employees. Have you gone to Milford Hospital emergency lately? A neighbor kid went in the other day bleeding and waited three hours while all of the illegals were getting thier free medical service. Anyone out there think that thier medical insurance is a little on the high side? That's because you are subsidizing the illegals who get free medical service. Lets talk about the quality of life that these wonderful folks are bringing to our experience here in massachusetts. In the last several years my neighborhood has been overrun with an influx of the criminals. I am now priviledged to be entertained by their loud obnoxious drinking parties they have on a regular basis, complete with outdoor stereos until the wee hours of the morning.
I have had the pleasure of chasing the same tequila smelling, filthy woman picking through my trash and stealing my kids stuff out of the yard on several occasions. When I've called the police I have been told that thier only here to make a living. Anyone who thinks that the influx of illegal aliens in massachusetts is good is a stupid and unthinking person. Illegal entry into the US is a federal crime. If anyone thinks its a good thing to have millions of people illegally entering our country,
you a are a bad American citizen.
FedUp

Milford, NH

#2 Oct 19, 2006
Illegals are a drain on our entire society and should be immediately deported.
another one

Worcester, MA

#3 Oct 19, 2006
"Immigrants are key to state's economy"

What is wrong with this statement? To me they are the "key" to a decline in our economy. What? You say they do jobs others will not do. Bull!! Lawns were mowed, crops were picked, toilets were scrubbed, any and all so called low pay menial jobs were done once without them. Even the ones who say they are "skilled" workers. I will gladly pay a little more for any service as long as I am not paying for Paco, Taco, and the Burreto Brothers to do the work. Employers hire these criminals and pay them dirt because they are most likely not going to get caught. Our laws are not enforced. They should be deported but at whose cost to do so? Could you imagine trying to send millions of illegals back? So what do we do? All I can do is vote for any candidate who dares to take a hard stance on these criminals. Any thoughts?
FedUp

Milford, NH

#4 Oct 19, 2006
another one wrote:
"Immigrants are key to state's economy"
What is wrong with this statement? To me they are the "key" to a decline in our economy. What? You say they do jobs others will not do. Bull!! Lawns were mowed, crops were picked, toilets were scrubbed, any and all so called low pay menial jobs were done once without them. Even the ones who say they are "skilled" workers. I will gladly pay a little more for any service as long as I am not paying for Paco, Taco, and the Burreto Brothers to do the work. Employers hire these criminals and pay them dirt because they are most likely not going to get caught. Our laws are not enforced. They should be deported but at whose cost to do so? Could you imagine trying to send millions of illegals back? So what do we do? All I can do is vote for any candidate who dares to take a hard stance on these criminals. Any thoughts?
I totaly agree with you.

In regards to the idea of deporting, I'm sure this can be done and it will cost us much less than giving them the freedom to roam around distroying our social infrastructure and security.
Scoff

Washington, DC

#5 Oct 20, 2006
Eliminate the food source. Fine businesses that hire them some ungodly amount, like $50,000 per illegal they are caught paying under the table. Revoke licenses of businesses that hire them.

Too many businesses to go after all of them? Well do you write a speeding ticket to Every speeder? No, you get a few of them and generally, not wanting to be one of these people caught, people slow down. If owner of company A sees company B wiped clean out of business with fines, he/she is going to think twice about hiring illegals.

They'll "self deport" if there's no work.

Who's going to do the work? How about these High School kids that are sitting around playing videogames? I did nasty menial work when I was in HS and I feel I'm a better person for it.

I feel for people trying to better their lives but the USA is not the world's welfare office. We have limitted time to act too before our country is quite literally turned into a third world country like we never would have imagined could happen.
Spig

Worcester, MA

#6 Oct 20, 2006
Deporting these people shouldn't be too costly. think of the conditions that they travel in to get here...but no, we wouldn't do that to them. they'd get picked up and put in a hotel for weeks until we decide which first-class ticked to purchase for them, and then make sure that they get back to country X with all of their belongings...safe and sound. PLEASE...

It would certainly hurt our ecomony tremendously if these workers dissappeared instantly. The challenge of filling these jobs could be overcome rather easily...just think about it and perhaps relax the restrictions on labor and young adults. our children would benefit more from working more than four hours a day during the week than they currently do using that time for other reasons.

I think it's the far-left mentality that has simply overtaken logic and patriotism. it's sad really, but we've made our bed...

I agree with 'another one' in saying that our vote is the way we can combat this infection...Vote for Kerry Healey.
FedUp

Milford, NH

#7 Oct 20, 2006
You would think illegal immigration to Massachusetts would be the most important issue in this election, yet most voters seem to think Deval is the candidate of choice. It shows you the quality of people this state has.

If Deval wins, we are doomed!
Scoff

Odenton, MD

#8 Oct 20, 2006
Spig wrote:
I think it's the far-left mentality that has simply overtaken logic and patriotism. it's sad really, but we've made our bed...
Yeah, well despite the typical pendulum swing between Republicans and Democrats that we see right now, there is a long-term conservative ascendency in the USA. Unfortunately it is going to take a couple decades to reverse the damage that has been done by the liberals.

Liberalism exists in a void of conservativism. Most Americans, unfortunately, are fat dumb and happy so they don't get very involved in what is going on. But when issues become so visible and start to actually have an effect on their lives, they speak up. Liberal lunacy gets swept aside. Trouble is, it takes a looong time to wake people up.

I think it's happening now with this illegal alien invasion issue, but legislation has to be drawn up before it's too late. Before the "recipient class" swells large enough to out vote the actual working people in this country. Once that happens, if it happens, we're third world within a few years.

This all said, I have no problem with LEGAL immigration. Where will we find workers? We'll hire LEGAL immigrants that took the time and effort that our parents and grandparents did to come here LEGALLY. Who respect this country and the opportunity.
Deval down

Wakefield, MA

#9 Oct 24, 2006
I agree, we're doomed
maria

Hyde Park, MA

#10 Oct 25, 2006
To ever the ignorant that has written all the above think. Use your brain for a second. Remember how your ancestry how they came to this land. Not by working but stealing and killing the natives from this land. So who is the illegal here ? Remember all these
Paco, Taco, and the Burreto Brothers are the ancestors of the native original american continent people. They're coming back. Don't be afraid you stole there now they're coming back to recupe their stole goods by working to get them back, NOT with guns But, working to get their land back.
another one

Worcester, MA

#11 Oct 25, 2006
Maria You Ignorant Glut

First of all, "once upon a time" they migrated here, they didn't originate here. Second, they ARE "illegals" and "criminals" in the eyes of the law. Third, "they're coming back to recupe their stole goods by working to get them back, NOT with guns But, working to get their land back." If you believe this then you are living in a story book fantasy. Or maybe you are one of them also.
FedUp

Milford, NH

#12 Oct 25, 2006
maria wrote:
To ever the ignorant that has written all the above think. Use your brain for a second. Remember how your ancestry how they came to this land. Not by working but stealing and killing the natives from this land. So who is the illegal here ? Remember all these
Paco, Taco, and the Burreto Brothers are the ancestors of the native original american continent people. They're coming back. Don't be afraid you stole there now they're coming back to recupe their stole goods by working to get them back, NOT with guns But, working to get their land back.
Maria, are you one of the illegals coming here and chanting in Spanish "This is our land, America. We are here to keep it!" ?

If you are here illegaly, you are a criminal. If not, learn the history of the US as well as that of the world. It will serve you better in making sense when you write about this issue.

If you are legal, be thankful that the best country in the world allowed you in and offered you the chance to live better than you did before. If, however, you made it here legally and now whine and criticize it, maybe you should go back to where you came from You don't deserve the spot! Give it to someone who believes in the United States of America. We need people who want to make this country the best in the world. You obviously, don't!
another one

Holden, MA

#13 Oct 27, 2006
Did anyone hear Deval refer to the criminals as
"illegal imm....uh undocumented workers"? If elected he will push the handle and flush the criminals into the state with open arms. They will spread like cockroaches.
FedUp

Milford, NH

#14 Oct 27, 2006
another one wrote:
Did anyone hear Deval refer to the criminals as
"illegal imm....uh undocumented workers"? If elected he will push the handle and flush the criminals into the state with open arms. They will spread like cockroaches.
Yes, I did! It was pathetic.
Because of him, Mass. will be another California, Arizona, New Mexico or Texas. Watch for criminals get a pat on the back, while we barely make ends meet.
PRO-IMMIGRATION

Stoneham, MA

#15 Mar 8, 2007
i am sorry i just couldn't help myself but to answer to this stupid comment of yours. so, illigal immigrants take your jobs and get free health care?!!! Oh you poor baby. do you even know that illigals cannot even get a health insurance and even if they have it they have to pay a lot more for it then any of you? and to your comment about how illigals get help in the emergency room faster then Americans, i would say that it is crap. When my family had to take my brother to er with a broken arm, we had to wait 2 hours for help. and I am a legal resident of USA and so is my little brother. So, please do not make those stupid comments again,b/c you have no idea what you are talking about. And how the hell do you know that illigals don't pay taxes, most of them do. and you know why b/c they want to stay here and work and raise their families.
and of course lets not forget about "all the crime that illigal immigrants bring to USA." USA already has a lot of crime commited by it's own citizens. Don you think, my dear, that if a person who wants to stay in USA and has no legal status, would commit a crime? NO he or she will do anything possible to stay away from trouble, if they want to stay here.
As for the "drinking parties", i have to say that maybe it's o'k for you to go to bed at 8pm but some people actually like to live their lives to the fullest. Maybe you should check out those parties and learn how to have fun and live, instead of just existing in this world!
I am proud to be an immigrant. and I do not like what is going on in this country right now.
Do not blame illigals for all the problems. It just shows how uneducated you are.
good luck!!!
Disgusted Citizen wrote:
The reason people (legal citizens) are leaving this state is because of the illegal alien issue. The reason illegals are coming here is take our jobs and to take our stuff. The illegals work for less than minimum wages. Any of you massachusetts democrats out there willing to do that? Come down down here to Fino field in Milford on the weekend.
You will see hundreds of these criminals out playing
soccer. In the parking lot you will find 10 to 20 contractor vans parked there. If you run the ones that have names on them through the state secretaries office as I have, you will find that they are unregistered business's. That means they don't pay taxes, nor do thier employees. Have you gone to Milford Hospital emergency lately? A neighbor kid went in the other day bleeding and waited three hours while all of the illegals were getting thier free medical service. Anyone out there think that thier medical insurance is a little on the high side? That's because you are subsidizing the illegals who get free medical service. Lets talk about the quality of life that these wonderful folks are bringing to our experience here in massachusetts. In the last several years my neighborhood has been overrun with an influx of the criminals. I am now priviledged to be entertained by their loud obnoxious drinking parties they have on a regular basis, complete with outdoor stereos until the wee hours of the morning.
I have had the pleasure of chasing the same tequila smelling, filthy woman picking through my trash and stealing my kids stuff out of the yard on several occasions. When I've called the police I have been told that thier only here to make a living. Anyone who thinks that the influx of illegal aliens in massachusetts is good is a stupid and unthinking person. Illegal entry into the US is a federal crime. If anyone thinks its a good thing to have millions of people illegally entering our country,
you a are a bad American citizen.
alvin

New York, NY

#17 Mar 9, 2007
all these illigal felons should be in jail. because that is where the rest of there families are.
anthony

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#18 Mar 9, 2007
all of you are criminal and stupid
Send Them To Iraq

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Mar 22, 2007
Lets send them to Iraq with Kerry and Kennedy and the rest of the Senate and House at one time. Than lets mine the border, install heat seeking laser operated machine guns. If that does get the use nerve gas and we could try sending them to Iraq as new citizens however I'll bet you they could drive the Iraqees crazy when they file for welfare and medical.
paulo cesar dos santos

Marlborough, MA

#27 Jul 3, 2008
I need informencion the my box for brasil 03-14-08 my name is paulo cesar dos santos I live brasil
I B Nutz

Ludlow, MA

#28 Jul 3, 2008
anthony wrote:
all of you are criminal and stupid
Other than a couple of baseball players, what is the Dominican Republics claim to fame?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holliston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News July's Fatima Day at the Shrine in Holliston Jul '16 debbie 1
Sydney bushard May '16 Hot girl 1
News Hotel Guard Charged With Sex Assault On Child (Jun '06) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Obituaries for Thursday, Aug. 30, 2007 - Framin... (Sep '07) May '16 Karyn 8
News Caught on video: Brouhaha at Denny's in Leominster Apr '16 Kevin yo mommie i... 2
News Seniors support housing proposal - Sentinel & E... (Dec '08) Apr '16 Stair 8
News Keith Bedford/Globe Staff Group rallies for saf... (Nov '15) Apr '16 Waste not want not 8

Holliston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Holliston Mortgages